Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Those that are planning permanent birth control after babys please rea...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Those that are planning permanent birth control after babys please read

If your looking into getting a tubal libations , DON'T DO IT!! I have had nothing but problems since. I did a small amount of research and stupid me listen to my sister, she never had it done but supposedly had friends to have it done. I was scared to have it done because of negative comments about it.. Well I should have listened to what I read. I almost backed out of it when I had my csection and wished I did. Mood swings are horrible, worse than ppd, bleeding is unreal ( super tampon and super pad in 30 mins) I know what's normal and what is not( this is my third child) and that's to name a few.. Now there talking about possible hysterectomy. Please do research and talk to a lot of people before doing it
Thank you for postinh. I was considering it. But have been having doubts. I hope you are ok.
Post tubal litigation syndrome. You might want to
take a look at it.
Thanks Hun. I haven't been on here in a good while. Lil man is 9 weeks now and getting big! Hope your doing well! You should be getting close right?
Yeah getting close about 5 weeks left. It is nice to hear from you. I bet your little one is adorable.
Yes he's a chunky monkey lol. He's already 15lbs lol
That is great. :) keep me posted on what you decide to do.
K Hun :)
Thankyou for sharing I completely understand what your going through the problem is you never hear about the bad stuff until its too late. If there is more awareness then less ppl will be going through what you and I are.
I really wished I had listened to what I had read and not by what my sister said. Did you have one also? I have had 3 csections and I never had problems with my other two so the tubal ligation could be the only thing. And I have had severe ppd and its nothing compared to this. And you would seriously think I was bleeding to death and the pain!!
I did a lot of research on tubal ligations and made my hubby read the horror stories. After the first page he agreed to a vasectomy. Thank god for caring and considerate husbands! I was so terrified of having a tubal but we are pregnant with our 3rd and last so its make it or break it time. So relieved he agreed to it!
I'm glad he did, there is WAY less complications with them doing it. My doctor put me on b/c to try to help,( what the point of the tubal ligation) next step is hysterectomy :(  I wished mine would have done it instead
I've also had 3 c-sections and had a tubal with my last almost 6 weeks ago , I haven't gotten a period yet but have been feeling like I'm going too.. I know a few women who had a tubal and had no issues hopefully I don't either
Yes, I have had a tubal worst mistake of my life. I haven't had a period since April and I might be pregnant but it might be a tubal pregnancy. I've been through the mill in this and never got over a 5 on the blood work but got a home positive test 10x. Needless to say after many many ultrasounds and blood tests and docs visits he is completely stumped. I'm awaiting yet more results tomorrow. I never wanted anymore kids after my 3 c sections but if i knew I could loose a child I would have never did it!:(
I want my baby already =[
Well now I'm thinking not to get it done
Yea I didn't want to get it done either just knowing what my mom has gone through because of it. I'm making hubby get va done he doesn't really want to cuz its a guy thing but he will to save me the pain and stuff.
My husband wished he got a vasectomy too, nothing bad can come from that. He tells me everyday he feels so bad. The only reason I did it because I was already open or it would have never happened!
I'm glad you posted this because I'd never heard of this side effect. I have heard of tubal ligations cause women to prematurely go through menopause.
That is true my doc actually thought I was going into menopause when I first went to see him. I kept telling him I wasn't. He did some tests and can actually check through the blood work. Turns out I am still very very fertile even with the tubal, and am definitely not going into menopause. I got pregnant on the pill and patch before. It was only then that he checked me for cancer because he did not believe I could get pregnant again. When that came back negative he had no choice but to test for pregnancy. I'm still waiting to find out. I've had 10 home tests all positive but the blood doesn't show high. So I just had another ultrasound and I'm awaiting results tomorrow to see if they found the baby and where it I'd. Trust me ppl fo not want to experience the pain and sadness I have gone through these past few months, its terrible!:(
My aunt had it done and she said it was horrible, she was depressed 24/7. Sorry that you're going through that.
I hope everything turns out ok for you lady's that have had it done. I wished I could just feel normal :( I'm dreading my period to start back :(  and I pray to god I don't end up with ectopic too. I read the failed rates are higher when you have it done by csection which I did. And my moods wings are off the chart!!
I just want to update that I still am having problems :(  please be aware of the risk that the doctors DO NOT tell you!'
Bumping this post.