Pregnancy 25-34 Community
22 weeks pregnant, and wondering how much baby movements I should be fe...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

22 weeks pregnant, and wondering how much baby movements I should be feeling....

Hello, I am 22 weeks pregnant, so far it seems to be a normal pregnancy, but I am wondering how many baby movements I should be feeling...
I have felt something like butterflies in my tummy or a fluttery sensation and only once in a while. A couple weeks ago I had my last check up and the Dr. said everything seems well...
So my question is when should I start feeling more movements, or stronger ones? Is there any reason I should worry?

THANKS SO MUCH!
DANICAR
EL SALVADOR, Central America.
I didn't recognize that I was feeling my DS until I was 21 weeks.  At that point it was maybe 2-3 times per day.  Not very often.  It started to pick up frequency and at 26 weeks my DH was able feel his kicks on the outside.  Not too much longer for you!
I was eating supper at 24 1/2 weeks and balancing my plate on the little shelf of a belly and my son kicked so hard it knocked the plate out of my hands. With my second I felt flutters at a little before 20 weeks. I am now pg with my 3rd. The first day of last period was Dec 1, and I took a home pg test on Jan 2 and got rapid possitive result. Took blood pg test at dr. on jan10 to confirm also came back possitive. Started spotting on jan 3rd and 4th stopped for 2 days continued on the 7th stopped on the14th and 15th and started agin today. Took HCG level test on 11th was 5000 and agin on 13th and it was 9500. Had US on 12th sac but no fetal pole. I have another US on Thursday (19th). A little scared. No previous MC 2 healthy boys 5 & 3. Both born between 36-38 weeks but no other complications and never had spotting with either previous. Anybody else gone through anything similar
I'd just like to give my own little story.  I know what you're going through.  I went in at 8 weeks to see the baby with an u/s but they couldn't find the baby either.  The doctor says you've got to remember, you're looking for something the size of a pea in there, so there's a good chance they won't find it.  I had to wait another week to see the baby, but not with the doctor's equipment, he still couldn't find it.  They rushed me next door to the hospital to use their equipment, and there the baby was, nice and comfy.  Just some questions though, did they do a vaginal or abdominal u/s?  Was it the doctor's equipment or the hospital tech's equipment?  I just thought I'd help with my story, it can be difficult and scary, but it may be nothing.  Although it could be a blighted ovum, it might now be anything at all.  Try to stay busy and get your mind off of it.  Hardest thing in the world, but it would benefit yourself to do so.  Good luck and I hope all turns out well.

Anna
i wouldn't worry yet honey. most fetal movement are very noticeable until at least 18-20 weeks. alot of women don't feel them at all until later. you're just now 22 weeks...give it time. as long as the baby has a strong heartbeat and you monthly check ups are going well, i wouldn't fret.
usually 16-20 weeks you can feel your first movement depends on the woman.Butterflies, gas bubbles.As your pregnancy continues the movements will become harder and more frequent, I agree if you get a good heartbeat your set!
That the baby never developed, essentially you just have a sac that never made it any further. I had one in 2003, it is a fluke some believe it is due to a one time issue with either the egg or the sperm.

Andi
They did an abdominal US 1st and the a vaginal. What do you mean by blighted ovum? Our Clinic/Hospital outsources to an independent patholigist company. That is all they do are ultrasounds all day every day
hi well dont worry im 25 weeks and you sound like your right on track you wont feel lots of movement all the time at that stage i was only felling her move like once a day and 2 times if i was lucky!! the baby is still very small almost the size from your plam to your middle finger and remember the bones are not hard at all yet and all the water! its not that strong yet give it time your ok thoe good luck i hope everything gose good with you and your angel!! oh yeah drink cold water or clod drinks my doc said it will pass through the babys system and the baby will move around trying to get woram again but she said dont do it alot cause you can put your bay into shock so be careful i did it once it worked!!
hey i'm 22 weks pregnant too i dont feel my baby movemant  well  sometimes   someone gently touch  my tummy  but for me  i dunno think thats baby movemant. (  this is my first baby)  and all i think is baby movemant all day  . my mext appoi tommorrow . i hope hope i truly hope  i pray  everythings OK  please pray for me lady and moms.  THANK U
hi im 22 weeks pregnant!! i feel my baby all the time 2 to 3 times a day,it has a cycle and when it kicks hard i can feel it with my own hands its fantastic .(this is my first baby) im abit scared at the momment because when i went for my u/s i found out that i have a low placenta so i might have to have a section when im 36 weeks.   thanks x
Hi i'm 21w2d....i havn't felt any strong movement either...just some flutters when i lie down after dinner....i was scared as well and was freaking out until the time i had my 20 weeks scan where i could see the baby move her hands and head but couldn't feel anything....i guess we have to wait for sometime!

I'm sure everything's fine sweetheart...dnt worry...

Loads of baby dust [:)]
It vaires from person to person, baby to baby so don;t worry :-)

I felt 1st movements at about 18 weeks and at 22 weeks they were on and off, like bubbles in my tummy.

Now I am 31 weeks I feel it kicking me so hard all day and all night and get no sleep it is so active so enjoy the not so bad kicking stage while you can because baby will be kicking your ribs in in 10 weeks time! xx
Hi, im 22 weeks pregnant, i have a daughter who is 4 and i am expecting my son, i am so excited to be having a boy!
I have been feeling movement for a good few weeks but these last 2 weeks the movements and kicks have been hard! Sometimes my little one makes me flinch when he boots me. It honestly never stops moving around, from morning until night although it is generally more so in the evening and first thing in the morning!
I think a lot of it is to do with your shape and also your uterus, i can feel the kicks on my hands and can see it too if i watch my tummy, also my daughter felt the movement today for the first time and her little face lit up with amazement!!
Hubby and i are having a tough time agreeing on name as well lol.  As much as i am looking forward to having my baby i dont know if anyone is experiencing this, i am having real trouble with mood swings,i can shout, scream and cry and feel like the end of the world, then half an hour later i am right as rain! Any one else getting this?
Also i am really suffering with my gums, they keep bleeding and are very painful to brush, i have already had some antibiotics from dentist because of it, it cleared up and it has now come back, driving me mad, my mouth is pouring with blood when i brush my teeth, feel a bit paranoid about it!
Is anyone having any cravings yet? Im not as such although i often feel like i want something savoury but never know what!
I am looking forward to my holiday to Turkey in a couple of weeks, am really ready for that but not sure if i dare wear a bikini! lol :p
Hope everything is ok for everyone and id love to hear from you all! :-)

Steph
Im 22wks and 2days and ive been suffering with my gums the amount they bleed is a lot it is common in pregnancy.Im expectin a girl and i want 2 eat sweet things all the time.My babys been moving around loads my partners felt her kick a few times too,i tend 2 worry tho cos she has her quiet moments too im sure she,s doin fine tho take care and good look natalie in england x
Hello everyone, my name is Emma. I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my second child. I'm due to go for a scan on Tuesday. I am quite worried because I have had two previous miscarriages and I am convinced that I will receive bad news at this scan. I have been feeling movement although some days I only feel one or two movements but then other days I feel lots of movements! I hope you all have a good pregnancy and have a happy healthy baby at the end of it.
xxx
hello to everyone,im on my 5th yes 5th pregnancy,i have 3 girlys and 1 little boy (my little man)!im havein another little man yippy!!.i had bad time at 1st as i had a coil so shouldnt b preg,the docs where worried that when they remove the coil it could cause a miscarriage,but thank god all is well im now 22 weeks,feeling very tired..moody.& stressed but all is well with baby i feel him kick loads.xxgood luck 2 u allxxdonnaxx
i am 21 weeks and 5 days pregnant i had a misscarge in july 2007 i was 3 months pregnant we i lost him . i am due with this one in july we find out what it is on th 12th i am going threw the same thing i don't feel it kick i feel a lil push on my right side sometimes but not all the time i am just worried something is wrong please someone elp e sould i feel it kick or move more this is my 3rd pregnacy counting the misscarge  thanks amber
i am not sure how much baby should move. But when i was preg with my daughter i would eat sweets so that i could feel her move. Most of the time it worked
I am 22 weeks pregnant.  I feel the baby move quite a bit.  He's extremely active.  My doctor told me, however, that how much you feel movement is really dependent upon your size and shape.  If you are a bit heavier, it is likely that you will not feel the baby as soon.  If you are thinner, then you will likely feel the movements sooner.  Even that is not definite though.  It really just differs from person to person.  My friend felt movement sooner with her second child than with her first.
Hello. All pregnancys are different but I began feeling my little one at 16 weeks but i am very a very slender build. I only weighed 106 when I became pregnant. Im sure all is fine!
well im 21 weeks and 2 days. this is my 4th pregnancy. i have a lil boy and he is 4 almost 5. i have had tw MC one at about 5 weeks the other at about 13 weeks. and with this baby the same as wiht my son i feel lil movements every now and then, but nuttin very stronge maybe just a flutter. and it has only been a lil while since my last dr appt. and heartbeat and everything was fine. had my US and they said it was a girl yay so im done now. dont wont to risk anymore pregnancy its too hard to coope with. so ive decided to get my tubes tied after i have my lil girl. so during the US they checked everything and it was fine u could see the baby moving around and she opened her legs and everything. so i guees that every woman is different. and so is every baby. i was almost 7 months when i first felt my son move so dont worry as long as ur doc appts. are going good then everything is fine. they told me that she would make up for loss times lol. but thank u everyone for posting i read it all the time makes me feel so much better to see other real life woman going through the same thing!  From Sabrina in ky
im 22 weeks now and i dont feel the baby that often like a little bit but not that much. Which I have an office job so i was thinking i would feel it a lot because i sit down all day.  I have been for 2 ultrasounds and go to the doctor when im supposed to and she tells me everything is ok. My husband says he feels it some days but very faint and others nothing.  should i wait it out? or call the doctor for an appointment
im 22 weeks pregnant and i have been getting this really bad cramping feelin in my lower tummy. It keeps me up at night and i need the sleep because i get up every morning at 5:30 for school

does anyone know what i can do for this pain or am i sol because the Doctor said it sound like im haveing Braxton Hicks or something like that

Well write back

thanks
Me
every baby is different. this is my 3rd I am 23 weeks and I do feel lots of movement, this time around.  My first daughter hardly moved at all, I never felt her even when I was almost due, it always worried me, but she is now 10, today.  If you are real busy your not likely to feel anything.  You have to be paying close attention and just relaxing to feel it at this stage.  Don't worry soon enough, and then it could keep you up at night!!  Good Luck to ya

DESTINY    they could be stretching pains as well,  as long as your doctor is aware, he can keep an eye on you, other wise try to take some tylenol before you go to bed with a cup of tea to relax you.  Because you are worried about it,  it could actually hurt more.
Hi, i'm 22 weeks pregnant too! maybe i was lucky because i could feel my baby movements start from weeks 21. This is my first baby. Well, as i notice, the movements is very obvious after i took my lunch everyday!its so fun. cant wait to see.
just depend on a few different things. I did not feel my first baby moved till about 22 weeks at all, well not that I oticed anyway as I did not know what to expect. I am now on my 3rd baby and felt the first flutter of movement at 13 weeks one day, following which I felt flutters about 2 or 3 times a day and am now at 22 weeks and feel movments, opretty hard kicks and can easily tell when my baby turns and what direction it is sleeping in and how he reacts to lound noises such as music or e standing near the washing machine. It is just a case of knowing what to expect and what the feelings are like. From what I have read the time you feel can also be effeccted by the size you are. I am quite small which from what I read means I should notice movement earlier on. Anyway do not be worried as long as things are prgressing steadily and the midwife is happy the only cause for concern would be if you felt strong movement regularly and then it suddenly stopped and you started to feel un-pregnant. Make the most of ths time your baby is peacefull, some strong movements can be a litte uncomfortable and if your baby is anything like mine it will sleep all day and wake up the second you lie in bed and wake you up every hour!
this is my second pregnancy and my first was 5 yrs ago and i unfortunately had a six week old sac but no baby, as we had been trying since before we got married approx 7 yr i was distressed and really upset, i thought i would never get pregnant again. I had a palm reading 2 yrs ago at which point the reader said that i would get pregnant again and it was a gift from my dad who died 10 yrs ago.. she also said that he was keeping the sex a secret and low and behold i go for my 20 wk scan and the baby had legs crossed, i was going to have a 4d scan but have decided my dad wanted to surprise me so i will wait for the birth. I am so happy i am pregnant its now been nearly 13 yrs trying with constant gynie visits and egg counts sperm counts etc then polycystic ovaries i want this baby to be fine, i felt it move first time at 15 wks pregnant on xmas eve and now at 21 weeks tomorrow i feel baby alot and have had two fully fledged boots, i wish everyone well with their babies and pregnancies and hope you all get what you want.
Im 21 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my 3rd, I already have 2 grown up daughters 16 and 18 years old so along time ago since my last pregnancy experience.  I was alos paranoid because I thought I was going to miscarry around 6 - 8 wks because of bleeding but then after 8 wk scan was confimed all appeared to be well stopped bleeding and started to feel much more confident after I reached 12 weeks.  I too was wondering if it was moving because I had not had any noticable movements just the odd flutter wondering if that was it but after having our 20wk scan last week and finding out we are having a girl and seeing her little legs move from then on its been so much more noticable and feel her a couple of times a day early morning around 5.30am then again in the afternoon but more so in the evening little kicks so my mind is at rest now.  Its very normal to panic and worry but everyone is different but good to come on and share experiences does help to talk about it.  Good luck all
hello everybody im pregnant with my second boy and im 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant how come i cant feel him move or kick my ultra sound was a week ago and he was moving around lots but i cant feel him move why is that ...
I am 22 weeks pregnant and i also have a 4 yr old daughter. And yes I am experiencing some bad mood swings! Same thing you said, I experience all the time, lol. It seems the 2nd pregnancy everything is intesified, I think because you notice it more because youve aready done it once lol. but I am in the same boat as you! I am having another girl though, which is fine by me because I think girls are great! Congrats on the baby boy! Oh and can someone tell me what ds and dh mean lol
I've felt alot movement, really hard kicks and whatnot. But it just depends on you of course, My doctor told me every person is different and will experence different movements.

If your feeling it alittle bit every once in a while don't be worried
I am 22 weeks, and I have been feeling my baby move for awhile now.  This is my pregnancy, first was 9 yrs ago with a girl.  I am having a boy this time round.  I often think it will be an active baby because his movments are so strong and I feel them several time throughout the day.
Im 22 weeks pregnant with my 1st child which is a boy and i can feel and see my lil man kick.
He very active in my belly there is some days that goes by i dont feel him and when there is i get worried but then that because he is my 1st and i dont really know what to expect but i had my last check up 2 weeks ago heard his lil heartbeat and everything is perfect goodluck 2 all you other mums 2 be im sure we will be fine
im 22 weeks today i started feeling my lil boy move at 21 weeks.i felt him a couple times a day and then yesterday i didnt feel him and not this morning either.im worried but my friend told me not to worry that the first movemets are like that.i had a u/s done on the 18th and everything was fine so i hope he is just being lazy lol.this is my 6th preg.i have 4 lovely boys and had a mc 2 yrs.ago so hopefully this preg. goes fine and yep another boy.
I'm 19 weeks pregnant today, and I think I felt movements at around 16 weeks..but now i just stated to feel an actual "kicking" feeling today like "ploop,ploop" feelings. Maybe the bubble feeing everyone talks about.

Does it start as little flutters and a tingly sensation and then get more prominent like an acutal kick. I only feel it every coupld days or so. Is that normal? It worries me that everyone says they feel it every day a few times a day :( Is baby ok?? I have an appt on Sept. 27th to find out the sex!

If anyone thinks of it, pray for me and my anxiety. I have terrible anxiety and don't know how to stop it. Allabout the baby not bein ok. I'm sure everything is ok though, just love it so much and so scared something is wrong.

Will someone let me know what they think of my situation :} :} much love, peace and love to all.
not everyone feels the fluttery sensation, i am 24 weeks with my first and i never felt butterflys or any thing like that. my fist movements were two kicks, i was laying in bed at 18 weeks 6 days and felt a thump, ( i was like  "what was that") then i felt it again. then nothing tell the next day, and only once then, slowly picked up more and more kicks, now third day strait my girl is trying to come out my tummy, lol, it is visible by looking you can see her move my skin a half inch to a full inch. but back on topic i had only felt kicks and bulges touching my tummy, not flutering from baby moving in the fluid. it is true what they say, no pregnancy is alike another.
i am currrently going on 22 weeks and l feel my little one kick sometimes but u must bear in mind that the baby is still small at this stage.... sometimes he moves around alot and sometimes i don't feel him but don't worry i'm sure he''s there somewhere.....bcuz trust me when he starts kicking wanna know if its a football star u got there...so don't worry i'm sure all is well........
good luck to all.
Hi I'm turning 25 months in a day and I don't really feel movement but when I do its very light is my baby ok
do u mean 25 weeks cause u said months.............. well im 22 weeks and i can c my baby move in my tommy!
The ultrasound  didn't see my baby till 10 weeks...My hcg levels were very high and there was no visual sign of the baby.Because of this my doctor had to assume the worst and  scheduled a dnc and told me my sac  was empty and although I'm pregnant there is no baby... I decided to wait even tho this is horribly difficult and at 10 weeks we finally saw a big healthy baby in the monitor. Please wait your baby is so tiny and so many women have lost babies because of advise from a doctor, they have to go by test and what they see.  You have to use your own judgement and blind faith It was worth the wait for us. If my sac continued to show no baby at 11 weeks at lest i could know I did  all I could. I expected the worst and hoped for the best and I am now 22 weeks pregnant with a boy. .... so wait till at lest 11 weeks, babies hide... I also found out that if yolk is present then baby is as well and probably hiding behind the yolk. Alot of  Doctors wont even do an ultrasound till after 8 weeks because of this.
Well, im 26 weeks pregnant with number two,. My doc says things are good, but it seems like im,always thinking somethings wrong.  I dont think the baby is moving as much as she should be. Maybe im just expecting to much? I usually feel her in the morning after I eat breakfast,.and then lil movements here and there throughout the day, but when I poke at my tummy she never responds, its only when she wants. Is anyone else on the same boat?  Am I just being to worried? Oh yea shes measuring 2 weeks bigger so I could possibly be 28 weeks,which makes me think she'd be moving more often.
It really depends on babies temperament. Some babies move like crazy, others don't. My daughter was lazy as could be and I was lucky to get my kick counts down. Half the time I never did get what the doctors wanted. The real concern is if baby is super active and it all stops. If this is normal for her, I wouldn't be concerned. Remember what one baby does another won't. For example your first might be super active and the other might not move hardly at all.
I am 22 weeks with my first, Hes a boy- and my son is due September 7th 2011.... Ive been feeling flutters on and off from weeks 15-17 and at 18 weeks I felt actual movement- I placed my sisters hand on it and she freaked lol but anyways My son is mostly active at night and early in the morning and when he kicks or punches me (in the ribs- quite uncomfortably) its VERY prominent. You can see and feel them on top of my skin. Every pregnancy is different so for those of you who cant, dont stress- everything will be fine :) Congrats and Good Luck to all the Mommies out there :)
My girl is now 21 weeks I start to feel her on the week 17  also my hubby felt her now I can iven see her kicking . She lifts my belly up :) I'm first time pregnant and I'm skinny . If you are fat you won't be able to feel it coz bub is to tiny to lift your belly fat! But soon you will be able I red that by week 25 you should no mater what size you are good luck!
LOL  exactly!  but yes my baby moves when he wants to and never when I mess with him , but as long as your baby heart beat good on your monthly check ups the its nothing to be worried about