Pregnancy 25-34 Community
26yrs old need advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

26yrs old need advice

I am 26yrs old, and since economy is bad me n my fiance are living with my parents. And they are wanting to move back to Fl. My mom told me I have to wait until we move to have a baby. Which I understand that. But when I take a pregnancy test. How do I tell my mom that I am pregnant. They will be disappointed in me. Should I tell my parents or should I hold off on telling them even when I get a written statement from my Dr that I am pregnant on paper. Should I hold that info from them or grow balls n tell them?  

I guess you can say I'm still afraid of my parents.
i am 26 years old and i was afraid to tell my dad when i found out.  i just told my self that i waz going to be a mom soon so might as well start being an adult and just tell him.  i was so nervous but my husband and i went together and told him...he was happy for us and said he would be there for us.  made everything more exciting knowing EVERYONE could be excited with us.  Good luck!!!
I was 26 when i found out i was pregnant with my son. I was scared to tell my dad to the point of considering abortion. He ia a hardcore catholic that bwlievea strongly in marriage before babies. He hadnt even met my fiance of eight years because i didnt want to disappoint him by telling him i was living with him. It took me three months to find the courage but even then it was via email. I told him in the email i was sorry for letting him down and then followed that with my plans for raising my child and my future. In short he emailed me back telling me he loved me and only ever wanted what was best for me (in his opinion) and told me he would love me amd grand baby number 6. You'll be ok. Your parents love you. Dont waste time keeping it from them. Its a heavy weight to bare and right now you need support. Good luck. Im 28 now amd expecting twins.... still not married but my dad is as supportive as ever.
Maybe hold off on telling her, your a grown women and can do what you want. I am 25 and I just found out I'm pregnant really early this time and I won't be telling my mom until the next few weeks until I know everything is fine. When I was 21 I had my second and didnt tell her I told my sisters and they told her I was 16 weeks but I found out at 11 weeks I was pregnant. Just hold off for a while. Your pregnant you should be happy and it does take 9 months so you'll be fine. I'm sure your mom would understand. Best of luck and congratulations
I would deff tell them now. I got pg for the first time at 20 and my parents wewre both happy and supportive. Besides you dont want to be moving things, especially anything heavy while you know you are pg just because you didnt tell them yet and they expect your help. Once you come clean to them it should also relieve this stress you are under. you dont need extra stress for your little one
Maybe google how wic and resources work in the area you're moving to so you'll be able to tell them you're coming up with a plan on how to take care of yourself and the baby maybe they wont worry as much but michelle is right you cant be moving things right now and they will want to know why you're not helping moving is hot and hard work :(
They may need to get used to the idea but everything will work out :)
In any relationship, let it be with your baby's dad, boss, coworker, or parent
Ack..pushed wrong button..stupid phone.....as I was saying....communication is key. Start by communicating the way you want your child to communicate with you. It's time to start the lessons off right.