Pregnancy 25-34 Community
29 weeks pregnant weight gain.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

29 weeks pregnant weight gain.

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with my second child and im just concerned aboit my weight gain. When I was pregnant with my son, I gained an excess of 22kg because I indulged in all my junk food cravings (I ate a whole chocolate cake everyday+ fast food up to 5 times a week). For the first 18 weeks of this pregnancy I suffered with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. After being hospitalized I got better but my doctors were still really concerned with my weight gain as I wasnt putting on enough. My pre pregnancy weight is 68Kg (this pregnancy as I struggled to lose that weight from my son) and I ended up losing 10 kg in the first 18 weeks. Then out of the blue not only did my belly pop, I also suddenly put on weight. I now weigh 66 kg. So ive put on 8kg. I know they recommend a total weight gain of 11-16 Kg but since ive already gained 8, im worried in the next 11 weeks im going to put on heaps of weight. So I guess im wondering, is 8kg too much weight gain at 29 weeks? I have a great diet, and I am also still exercising.  I guess im just so worried because I got really depressed with the amount of weight I put on with my son when I couldn't lose it.
Thanks.
I am also worried about my weight gain pré pregnancy weight was 145 the day of my wedding just a  couple weeks after conception I weigh 156! How can that be? I eat healthy diet and me and my husband exercise 2-3 times a week at the gym, I also do at home pregnancy workouts as well as lots of walking. I have never put on so much weight so quickly and the app says it is excessive gain for only 7weeks into the pregnancy, this is my first pregnancy so this worries me.
I understand how you feel. I use to be 325 lbs. I lost weight with the lapband, I when down to 140. Know im 28 weeks pregnant and know I weight 165. I feel my depression getting worser by the minute.  Im so scared I wont be able to lose all this weight after my baby boy is born.
Remember that a lot of this is water weight too, it's not just you putting on weight, and it's not just the baby, but some swelling and amniotic fluid too.  Keep eating healthy and exercising.
I was 154lbs pre pregnancy (i was too lazy too exercise after my first son) im now 36 weeks pregnant and currently 202lbs. But what can i do my midwife said your body gains what your baby needs so i guess ill just need to workout harder when she arrives .
I hate the weight gain, but remember, most of it will come off after baby is born.  Eat a healthy balanced diet and drink lots of water. As long as you are being as healthy as possible, don't let the scale bother you.
With my first baby i started at 108lbs and by the end i walked inro the hospital at 167. Thats a depressing amount of weight gain. but within 4 months post pregnancy i was back down to 115. Im now 16 weeks pregnang with my first daughter being 15 months old im gaining weight a lot slower started at 120 and im only at 124. All pregnancys are different the weight is temporary for your little baby. dont get depressed and remember its all worth it when you hold your baby for the first time.