Pregnancy 25-34 Community
30 weeks pregnant, preterm labor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

30 weeks pregnant, preterm labor

Well, I officially made it to 30 weeks, aside from the hospital's belief that I've been staying in for the last month, they figured I'd go into labor far sooner with all things considered. I ended up having extensive contractions a few days ago and they put me on an IV of magnesium (which after being on for 20 hours, stuck in bed, catheter and all and tons of vomiting the morning after) I was told when they took me off the magnesium that they might put me back on it if I experience more preterm labor contractions within the next two weeks..yikes. has anyone else been through this in prior pregnancies or know someone who has? also does anyone know how well my baby would do if born relatively soon as the hospital believes my baby will be? Baby is on track with development weighed 2.13 lbs less than a week ago when I got an ultrasound..this is my first pregnancy, I've been so stressed, upset, and uneasy since the beginning of all of the preterm labor stuff I've been going through. I would love to just get my mind put at ease.
I don't have experience with your situation. Only story I have was one I posted about a week ago about my cousins wife who they pulled baby out at 27 weeks. Which they are doing great. Glad you hit this milestone. Each day you can duct tape baby inthere, the better off baby will be. Sending good thoughts you way and for no more magnesium.
:) thank you so much Flickan! I really appreciate it :)
Anytime :)
30 weeks is a great accomplishment! My SIL has a blood disorder that makes her placenta rupture every pregnancy the furthest she has carried is 32 weeks with my beautiful neice. She was born just over 3lbs. She had to be on the cpap for a few weeks but didn't have to stay in the NICU for too long. She is a healthy 2 year old now. You will do just fine. You have done a good job of keeping baby in and you are in the best place you can be. Best wishes! I hope you can keep that baby cooking for a little while longer.
Thanks KDQ ! They see me going into labor around 32 weeks, and I'm hopeful he will just be healthy enough not to have an extended stay once he is born and put in the NICU. I know they can't necessarily predict when I'll give birth, but its what they've seen here with the same cases with my medical concerns. :/