Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Abdominal pain after sex.........i'm 21 weeks pregnant!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Last night me and my husband had sex, and since last night i have this pain in my abdoman. The pain is between my belly button, and my pubic bone. The pain is now faint but i can feel it when i bend over or get up from sitting position. I have an ultrasound schedualed for today after work i'll talk to my doctor today but i just wanted a heads up and see what's going on. I didn't bleed after sex or anything, no abnormal discharge. Just this dull like pain. The pain was worse last night then it is today. As of now the pain is almost completly gone. I haven't had sex in over a month till yesterday. (sorry if TMI)
Some pain and spotting is common after sex.  I read it in my What to Expect when you are Expecting book.  Try not to worry.
I'm hoping that's all it is. But this feeling is different form my round ligament pain. I'm jsut being a worry wart. This is my first pregnancy and I'm worrying about everything. But another thing. Right now I am feeling this dull pain in the same place. it feels sorta like period cramps....again no bleeding or abnormal discharge....i havn't felt his pain before. It comes and goes. It will go from strong to dull. But it will only last about 3 seconds.
Try not to worry as stress will only make things worse. I had pain too after sex but it subsided in a couple of hours. Reading the book "what to expecting" says that sometimes it can be your aniexty getting the best of you. Aniexty can give you symptoms of pain, plus you stay focused on it so everything is very hightened. Do something to take your mind off of it and I'm sure you'll find them disappear...
I AM 21 WEEKS AND I CAN'T HAVE SEX ANYMORE UNLESS I JUST DON'T CLIMAX, B/C I HAVE PAIN RIGHT AFTER.  IT IS PROBABLY THAT OR LIKE SOME OF THE OTHERS SAID ABOUT STRETCHING.  GOOD LUCK.  I AM SURE EVERYTHING IS GREAT!
Could it maybe just be your abdominal muscles stretching and just a coincidence that the pain started after bd?
My m/c was natural at 6 weeks.
Sounds like it could be Braxton Hicks, i get them alot after sex. I had sex with DH yesturday, and had them really bad. I'm 33wks 1 day so they tend to be a little stronger, but i get them every time no matter what. They say that mens semen can start contractions, and send you into labour when you are farther along.
Your af might get a little wacky after a m/c.  BTW, sorry for your loss.  Did you have a d&c or did you m/c natrully?
I had a m/c on Feb 13th and thought a/f came on March 17th, but the bleeding has been very inconsistent and weird (lots of bleeding on 1st day, not much since then).  Is that a normal a/f after m/c?  I've done about 5 hpt and all bfn, so I don't think I'm preg.  It would be nice though :)
Im 15 weeks and cramp after sex. I don't think its anything to worry about. I don't have it unless I have an orgasm its just the muscles in the abdomen. Your body is still going through alot of stretching and things. i'm sure you're just fine! :) God Bless!
I am at 15 weeks and 3 day pregnant but I did not gain any lbs.  Is it normal? Please advise.  Thanks.
With my dd (now 19 months) I didn't gain any weight until almost the middle of the 2nd trimester.  I actually lost weight in the beginning due to being sick all the time and not having an appetite.  I'm sure your Dr. will let you know if you're not gaining enough :)  Good luck!
I have pain everytime me and my husband have sex. I have told the doctor and they said that it is normal. It is a sharp pain in my lower abdomin (abdomen).
I just now started to gain weight. I'm now 5 and a half months pregnant and i have only gained 6 pounds so far. Don't worry my doctor siad in some wemon it's normal. Once your in your second trimester you'll gain weight. Thanks to all those ladies who replied to my message. My doctor said they are nothing. Either hte baby moving, kicking, growing or braxton hicks contractions. BTW My husband and I are having a bouncing baby boy! We are so excited!
Have any of you varied or tried out different positions to where you have more control? Pregnancy has got to be one of the best ways to change things around, and for some even spice up cause you are doing something different. And the men can't argue cause you're pregnant.

Either on your side (like spooning) or woman on top seems to be the 2 most popular because 1: the penetration may not be quite as deep and less pressure on YOU and 2: When you can control it you know when is too much.

Experimenting is always fun hehe. Good luck and happy 'love' with the hubbies :)
I am 15wks pregnant and haven't had sex for over a month till yesterday,I have cramps and during d night chest pain,though it was a bit rough.i am very worried about my baby.