PREGNANCY 25-34
COMMUNITY
Abdominal pain after sex.........i'm 21 weeks pregnant!
by Aloha_Baby, Mar 20, 2006
Last night me and my husband had sex, and since last night i have this pain in my abdoman. The pain is between my belly button, and my pubic bone. The pain is now faint but i can feel it when i bend over or get up from sitting position. I have an ultrasound schedualed for today after work i'll talk to my doctor today but i just wanted a heads up and see what's going on. I didn't bleed after sex or anything, no abnormal discharge. Just this dull like pain. The pain was worse last night then it is today. As of now the pain is almost completly gone. I haven't had sex in over a month till yesterday. (sorry if TMI)
Member Comments (16)
by slund, Mar 20, 2006
Some pain and spotting is common after sex.  I read it in my What to Expect when you are Expecting book.  Try not to worry.
by Aloha_Baby, Mar 20, 2006
I'm hoping that's all it is. But this feeling is different form my round ligament pain. I'm jsut being a worry wart. This is my first pregnancy and I'm worrying about everything. But another thing. Right now I am feeling this dull pain in the same place. it feels sorta like period cramps....again no bleeding or abnormal discharge....i havn't felt his pain before. It comes and goes. It will go from strong to dull. But it will only last about 3 seconds.
by Foxy23, Mar 20, 2006
Try not to worry as stress will only make things worse. I had pain too after sex but it subsided in a couple of hours. Reading the book "what to expecting" says that sometimes it can be your aniexty getting the best of you. Aniexty can give you symptoms of pain, plus you stay focused on it so everything is very hightened. Do something to take your mind off of it and I'm sure you'll find them disappear...
by Jah02e, Mar 20, 2006
I AM 21 WEEKS AND I CAN'T HAVE SEX ANYMORE UNLESS I JUST DON'T CLIMAX, B/C I HAVE PAIN RIGHT AFTER.  IT IS PROBABLY THAT OR LIKE SOME OF THE OTHERS SAID ABOUT STRETCHING.  GOOD LUCK.  I AM SURE EVERYTHING IS GREAT!
by ajaball, Mar 20, 2006
Could it maybe just be your abdominal muscles stretching and just a coincidence that the pain started after bd?
by Southernmom, Mar 20, 2006
My m/c was natural at 6 weeks.
by cmn, Mar 20, 2006
Sounds like it could be Braxton Hicks, i get them alot after sex. I had sex with DH yesturday, and had them really bad. I'm 33wks 1 day so they tend to be a little stronger, but i get them every time no matter what. They say that mens semen can start contractions, and send you into labour when you are farther along.
by jgirl34, Mar 20, 2006
Im 15 weeks and cramp after sex. I don't think its anything to worry about. I don't have it unless I have an orgasm its just the muscles in the abdomen. Your body is still going through alot of stretching and things. i'm sure you're just fine! :) God Bless!
by Southernmom, Mar 20, 2006
I had a m/c on Feb 13th and thought a/f came on March 17th, but the bleeding has been very inconsistent and weird (lots of bleeding on 1st day, not much since then).  Is that a normal a/f after m/c?  I've done about 5 hpt and all bfn, so I don't think I'm preg.  It would be nice though :)