Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Back Pain at 6 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Back Pain at 6 weeks

I am almost 6 weeks pregnant and i have had some back pain lately... this is early for back pain right??? is this ok ? its not severe or anything but it comes and goes maybe 2 or 3 times a day, just like a dull ache... any help?
whew i feel better-  usually when i menstrate- i have back cramps instead of stomache ones- these are similar
i have had back and stomach aches since the begining, and alot of cramping, but thank God no bleeding, my doc says that its my body adjusting to the pregnancy, i am 11 weeks now, he told me not to worry unless i start bleeding, so i wuld just check for that.
good luck!
I just found out I'm four weeks along (two weeks since conception - that's so confusing to me!), and I've been having back pain too, pretty mild, dull pain, nothing sharp. I asked my dr. yesterday, and he said that's normal as your body adjust to the hormones, esp if you've had back pain in the past, which I have. I think you're fine unless the pain increases and is followed by heavy cramping, which could signal a miscarriage.
That would mean that you are 6 weeks also, just like the original post.
I am 9 weeks and I have had on and off back pains throughout the pregnancy, as I also did with my first two.
Back ache can be common in early pregnancy as your uterus adjusts , also late pregnancy due to the added weight your carrying around  But if it is severe back pain, or with bleeding I would see a doctor asap.
Okay, there is no dani91 - that's me minus one LOL. Sorry. :)

I do think it's four weeks though.
Dani91 - cool! I picked 92, because that's the year I graduated from high school.

My last period was June 15, conceived around June 29, four weeks along now, according to my dr.
Hi there,

I am 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I have had lower abdomin (abdomen) and lower back dull-ache since 4 weeks pregnant. This has been mild and intense to the point where I think something must be wrong. The severe aching (where Im up at night bent over and pacing back and forth) lasts about 40 -60 minutes. The dull aching discomfort can last up to 2 hours, but can also come and go throughout the day. I have not had any bleeding - everytime I go to the toilet, I check to see if there is blood but there isnt. I understand form what I have read that moderate pain is common, but do women get intense aching like me?
I had a miscarriage in Sept 2011 I am now pregnant again and am worried about having another miscarriage. I have has back pain dull not sharp and groin pain especially on the left side. Can anyone help I'm so worried
I have a pulling pinching in my left abdomen that goes around to my lower left back and then down my leg and when I stretch my leg it helps a little but not much I am 6 weeks 2 days. I have had an ultra sound they ruled out tubal pregnancy because my gestational sac was viewed. I have also had light spotting but with no cramping and I am not spotting right now but having these pulling pinching feelings. I go to my doctor apt in 2 days, Thanks if anyone can help explain this
What was the verdict for you? I'm in the same shoes now. Barely 6 weeks but severe shooting pain from my right back to my knee, going on 5 days of this pain!