Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Doctor not allowing me to exercise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Doctor not allowing me to exercise

So, I am a competitive runner; it is part of my identity.  Due to some complications, my does not want me to exercise (including sex and leisurely walking).  Obviously, I will do anything in my power for my little bean, but it is still difficult.  I feel like no one understands and labels me as ungrateful.  How did you deal with similar doctor orders?
I understand how difficult this must be for you. But you must follow the orders to save your lo. Just know that it's temporary and for a good reason.
You just do and try to keep a positive state of mind. Maby catch up on your reading. Good luck!
You can do yoga, and certain upper-body work.  So many runners are able to improve their speed when they add strength work to their routine.  I'm not suggesting abs work like crunches, of course, but you could lie on a bench and lift, for your arms.  At least you won't have to give up on working out altogether.
I haven't been forbidden to.exercise, but  I have been told I have to slow or my doctor will put me on bedrest. I have such a set routine for the past two years and he told me to completely switch it up. Its very difficult for me because now I feel like I am lazy, I want to be superwoman but if I be superwoman now I won't be supermom later. Its hard but its for the best for our little one, maybe try a different hobby that you wouldn't have tried before, I'm learning how to rughook to keep myself occupied and I am looking into taking some pottery classes just to change it up a bit. Good luck!
I was put on restriction since 18 weeks, I'm now 28and I was working out/ running 6 days a week.  It has been so hard since its my stress reliever.  I have been in such a slump, and I keep thinking about how hard it will be to start over.  I know I need to keep my baby healthy,  but trust me I miss my workouts in a way I never thought.  
Its not selfish its just difficult having to.change your routine and give up what u love. Im 21 weeks and just got put on bedrest so I cant do anything:( also went through this with my first pregnancy. We alwaya have to do whats best for babe. Soon enough youll have ur precious babe with you and be running again. Stay positive and enjoy your pregnancy:) best wishes to you!
Thanks, ladies.  
Why exactly is the doctor saying no exercise? My doctor said  my body feels fine just continue doing my previous workouts and make adjustments when I feel uncomfortable or back strain. I'm just curious because I have been an avid exerciser for the majority of my life. I'm 18 wks and would be very disappointed if I had to stop all workouts completely:-\
I am having a lot of spotting and they havent been able to hear the heart yet.  I actually had to call the doctor today.  I have an emergency ultrasound tomorrow.  I think the majority can execise as long as there are no complications.
It's so hard to be less active during pregnancy, but keep reminding yourself that it won't last forever. I have been missing snowboarding and already dreading a chubby summer without my wakeboard! Your body will bounce back quickly from pregnancy since you are fit to begin with. Start shopping for a great stroller so you can get back to running soon after baby comes. Always check out any exercise with your doc...modified yoga or swimming are usually ok.
Went to an emergency ultrasound today.  Everything was fine.  Whew.  It is going to be a while until I can be active again (including intercourse).  My doctor wants me to take it easy until I have 2 weeks of no spotting.  I am pretty sure that won't happen anytime soon.  My husband is trying to be patient with the no sex restriction.  I honestly think he is having a worse time.
I miss running so much my doctor said try walking because running could cause a miscarriage and i want to keep my baby boo safe so as hard as it is i will continue to walk