Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Gestational sac not measuring with estimated weeks....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Hi all....right now I am very confused and upset. Just need a few opinions (good or bad).I found out I was pregnant by a home pregnancy test 2 weeks ago. Last week, I went to the doctor where he also confirmed it. He did the exam and said everything looked good and that I was 7 weeks. I went for my first trimester ultrasound and from there on it has been an emotional rollercoaster. When the tech did the ultrasound, she said that the gestational sac was only measuring 5 weeks and not 7 like it should. She called my doctor and he said he wouldn't know much until I had some blood work done. So, he sent me to the lab to have it drawn to measure my HCG levels and progesterone levels. And I go back Friday for a second set to be drawn so he can compare. He said I might really be 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and the baby stopped growing at 5 and is gone or some other things that I didn't hear because I was still in shock and somehow tuned him out. I feel pregnant. No cramping or bleeding....don't know what to think. My LMP was definetly Aug 26. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions...anything is appreciated. Thank you.
you could have ovulated late and so LMP would not be an accurate due date and age for the baby. 5 weeks all you can see is a sac thats it. as long as your progesterone levels are good and hCG is rising there is a awsome chance that you ovulated later than you thought and that is the reason for confusion. i ovulate on CD 21 so going by LMP won't work for me either. it happens and untill they confirm your blood results unfortunately there is nothing to do but wait. i had a m/c 2 months ago and felt PG when they called to tell me that my levels had dropped to 7 and it was the next day that i got AF. it was awful emotionally and i so hope you don't have to go through that. many woman are given a wrong due date and gestational age because the docs go by LMP....lets hope they made this mistake with you. you are in my thoughts and prayers.

love and hugs.....kimmie
Thank you much. I really appreciate you responding. I hope they turn out to be wrong too. Good luck to you ...you are super sweet. *hugz*

Jess
I would wait and see. Try to positive. I had a friend that was told that she wasn't pregnant either, that her body was faking it and that she would end up having a "fake" miscarriage. They told her this until she was about 3 months. She never believed it. She now has a beautiful 2 year old daughter. Do not let the doctors talk you into having a D&C or taking anything to help it along. Just wait and see if your baby grows. There have been lots of stories I heard from women who went through this very thing and they ended up with healthy babies.
Mandi
Hang in there - I know its tough/stressful to wait and its hard to keep your mind from going crazy with worry.  Try to stay busy.  Its really possible that you did ovulate late.  Going by the LMP can not always be accurate.  The blood tests will tell the story if the Hcg levels rise.  Sometimes I wish we didn't have all these tests done so early because sometimes it just makes you worry needlessly.  Hang in there, good luck on Friday.  Let us know how it works out.
Thank you guys..you have been very positive and I needed that.
I can feel for you. I just had my 1st ultrasound yesterday & I should be 7 weeks & 3 days & they couldn't find anything. It was like she kept measuring an empty sac. They told me I either had my dates wrong, which I know I had my LMP 9/2, so I can't be wrong. Or they said it could be a molar pregnancy where there is no baby, just a lcuster of sists. Fortunately my HCG levels so far do not indicate that. I need to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks & bloodwork every other day this week to measure my levels. I have convinced myself there is no baby & I am scared I will start bleeding any day now. Everyone says you should be able to see something by the 6th week at least & I know I have to be past that point. I just can't believe this is happening. I don't want to get my hopes up & in 2 weeks there still be no baby. I hope what I wrote doesn't bring you down, but at least you know your not the only one going thru it right now. I wish you the best of luck & please keep us updated.
I went in for my 8 week ultrasound and found that the sac was measuring small. They said it could go either way. The baby had a good heart beat so we went in for an ultrasound 2 weeks later and the baby was fine. I'm 20 weeks now.
I too had a bad sonogram at 8 weeks. The sac was measuring very small and the sono tech thought I would prob miscarry. I went back in at 13 weeks and everything measured perfectly. I am now 20 weeks too with a baby girl.
Hi everyone! I was just reading some of the postings and wanted to know if anyone could give me any hope? I conceived throug IVF on 10/16 (transfer day). On 10/25 they did my preg test and it came back good at 150....Then today, one week later that wanted to see me for more labs and ultrasound. When they were doing the ultrasound they could not find anything, not even an empty sac! The doctor said I may have miscarried or I have an ectopic. We waited for my new HCG levels today and they came back at a surprising 3300. We were expecting more around 2400. So that was at least good. My estrogen and progesterone were holding steady as well and they want to see me this friday to do another ultrasound.......Has anyone ever heard of such good HCG and blood levels and yet they can't find anything. The doctor is pretty sure it's not ectopic only because my numbers would not of doubled to nicely........Help
I have also undertaken IVF. My implantation date was on 09/27. I went in for my first ultrasound (7W 4D according to the IVF clinic) on 10/31. The technician was able to locate the feotus and gestational sac however she noted that no heartbeat could be found and that the feotus seems to only measure at 6.5 weeks. The IVF doctor advised me that based on these results, my pregnancy is not viable and that he would like for me to schedule a DnC ASAP. No additional ultrasounds were offered and/or bloodwork. I have been in a haze since 10/31 and would really prefer to hold out until other tests confirm those results. I feel pregnant and have had no bleeding/cramping. I do have a 2.5 year old daughter who was conceived naturally and who was by no means a textbook pregnancy. Anyone else had a similar experience.....
Hi Everyone,
I just found this site tonight - after coming home from a horrible experience with my doctor. My husband and I found out 2 weeks ago that we were pregnant. We are approximately 6 weeks along. Yesterday I had some slight bleeding (very little but enough to cause concern) and I contacted my doctor immediately. Her response was "to let mother nature take its course" and that there was "nothing I could do". I was upset by her response considering it was only light bleeding that lasted under 30 minutes and I felt like she had already counted my baby out! Furious I commented and told them so and they were able to "squeeze" me in for an appointment the next day (today). I took matters into my own hands and left work and went to a local clinic to the urgent care and the doctor immediately put me in for an u/s. The technician told me there was a sac and that it appeared I was 5 1/5 weeks along. She told me there was no heartbeat but that considering the number of weeks that is to likely be expected. I left there feeling much better than I had been earlier. Tonight my husband and I went to get the actual results of the u/s and my family doctor said the results were that they could not find a heart beat (and that the sac was empty). Surprised by this outcome (from what the technician had showed me yesterday) my husband and I asked what our options were. She said another u/s in a week or so would give them a better idea but that they would do some blood work to see what my levels were and I get the blood work results tomorrow. I'm praying that my levels are as high as they are supposed to be and that the next u/s will show a heart beat. The hardest part is that my family doctor didn't appear too positive about things? I just have a hard time understanding how they can be so heartless sometimes. I thought I would share my story after reading all of yours. I wish everyone luck with their tests and hope they have a positive outcome. You're all in my prayers. I'm going to be a first time mother and I can't believe how attached I already am.
Wow, the stories I have read sound exactly like mine.  I got pregnant with IUI on October 14th.  I went in yesterday (Nov 15) for my u/s.  The tech said that the sac was measuring 5 weeks although I was at 6 weeks.  She thought she saw a fetus but it was really small (no heartbeat).  I was basically in tears.  The tech did a really bad job communicating everything to me.  The dr is having us come back next Wed (day before Thanksgiving) for another u/s.  If the sac is bigger, and there is a fetus then there is hope.  If not, I will probably have to take some meds to force it out.  I am overcome with complete sadness.  Even though I am still pregnant, I can't stop thinking that my baby died.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thank you.
My question is specifically for the people who've had "small gestational sac" issues.  How far behind were the sacs measuring at first?  Was there a heartbeat with the small sac?  Have you had any other issues with your babies since the small sac was resolved?  i.e. kidneys, lungs??  I'm about 8weeks and on Monday (the 14th) measured at 7w4d with a sac that measured 5w4d.  The heartbeat was a strong 162.  I am preparing myself for the worse, but would love to have a bit of hope thrown my way.  I go back for a followup on Monday the 21st.

Thanks so much!
I read everyones post and I first of all want to say Good Luck to everyone....

Her is my story..

I had IVF (Tubal Embryo Transfer) 4 weeks ago today was the retreival. We had 4 Embryos transfered into my tubes. On Nov. 3, 14DPO my HCG level was 123 and I am PG. I have been going in for Betas and HCG is going up. Yesterday I went ofr my Frist Ultrasound and they saw 3 sacs and one had a yolk sac in it. the problem is that, the one with the yolksac is measuring 4w and 5 days. The other is 4week and 3 day and the other is 4w and 1 day. I am so confused becasue I would thing that I should be 6 weeks if my period was 2 weeks before the retreival.
This is our second IVF and the first resulted in early miscarrieage at about 4 1/2 weeks. We have been doing many other things, IUI, Clomid and lots of stuff for 3 whole years  

I too am experiencing small gestational sac. I had an U/S yesterday and the baby's heartbeat was 135 and measured 7 weeks 2 days, but the sac only measured 6 weeks 3 days. The tech was concerned that the baby is either not getting enough fluid or producing enough fliud. My doctor said that we would be more concerned if it was the other way around. 2 hours later I started spotting. I am not sure I am going to have a miscarriage or not at this point. I still feel pregnant and have intermittent cramping but I have had that the entire time I have been pregnant. I have had 8 miscarriages already and this is my 10th pregnancy. I have a 14 year old son that is my world, but want another one so bad....

The doctors put me on bed rest but I just want to know if everything is going to be okay or not. I am supposed to go for another U/S on the 21st. I don't know what to do!
I spotted a little bit yesterday with dull cramps in my back.  The doc's office wanted me to come in today for an ultrasound.  The gestational sac was measuring 4w6d.  You could see the embryo and the heartbeat.  The embryo measured 6w0d.  I am 95% certain of my dates and should be 6 weeks right on.  The doctor told me that they do not know why this happens but that the outcome could go either way, I could miscarry because it indicates that the embryo is not growing correctly or I could go on to have a normal, healthy pregnancy.  I go back for an ultrasound in about two weeks to check on the progress of the growth.
In August I went for my dating scan expecting to be 11-12 weeks pregnant, unfortunately there was no heart beat and the feotus had stopped growing at about 7 weeks, I had had a missed miscarriage apparently. I had to then go for a D&C, this was all extremely upsetting as you can imagine. I am now about 7 weeks pregnant but when I was about 5 weeks I began to bleed, i went to the doctors (a woman)she told me to put my feet up for 4 days and then to come back, by this point the bleeding had tapered off to just a pale showing and not much. I went back and she booked a scan for me. I went for the scan and there was a heart beat, it was difficult to date but it looked like 4-5 weeks. They also found a fairly large cyst on my left ovary (could explain bleeding) and the possibilty that I might have a Bicornuate Uterus! I don't know what is going to happen and I suppose there is an element of chance and nature taking its course but being a bit of a half empty person I tend to expect the worse then I can only be pleasantly suprised. Fingers crossed hey?
Tims girl1,
        I am in the sam exact situation . I went to the ob today and the embryo measured 7 w 1 d and the sac only measured 5w 6d how did you follow up go?
Will probably go for my follow up ultrasound in one week to chaeck the size of the sac I'm bleeding a little bit of dark brown blood but the doctor said to rest and it is too early to tell.
Hi Everyone.  I found out that I was pregnant about 3 weeks ago.  I had an US and the doctor told me I was only 5 weeks because it was just showing a black sac and no emrbryo but according to my LMP I should be approx. 7 weeks.  She told me to come back in 10 days for another US.  I had my appointment booked for 10 days later and was mad with worry the whole time but on the day of my appointment they had to cancel because the doctor was needed in surgery, they couldn
Here is my story to hopefully ease some of your minds. I went in when I was 8 weeks. The heartbeat and baby looked good but the sac measured 7 days behind. It looked terribly small compared to my other early sono's(this is my 5th baby).The sono tech thought I would miscarry. I rented a doppler online at 9 weeks and found the heartbeat. I listened to the heartbeat everyday until my 13 week sono and by then the sac measured perfectly. I am now 24 weeks and had a sono a few weeks ago and everything looked good.

The sac needs to be at least 5mm larger than the CRL (crown rump length measurement) Mine was 7.9mm bigger. There was still a 25% chance of miscarriage with my measurements. If the difference is 5mm or smaller then the chance is around 80% of miscarriage. You might want to ask the sono tech what the difference is because that will help you know your chances.
Also, my doctor told me she has seen sacs measure 1-2 weeks behind and turn out fine. She wasn't that concerned, just my sono tech was concerned.
LuckyJaybird, how are you going? I would love to know that you are having a good pregnancy.

I have a similar story after returning home today from my first u/s at 7w. I went through IVF with retreival on 31 Oct and trasfer of two embryos on 3 Nov. By my calculations the sperm and egg created an embryo 5 weeks ago today, but the doctor says it's week 7. I've felt very pregnant and the positive blood results on 16 Nov confirmed it. I've grown so attached to my 'baby' and the thought of being a mother. I've been eating right, drinking plenty of water and looking forward to the birth. Today's results were totally unexpected and I'm feeling crushed! The sonographer said the sac was not showing a 7 week embryo didn't give me much hope of my pregnancy continuing.  She only said the doctor would call me, which he did as I read the other posting on this board. He said it was not likely that the pregnancy would continue and he was sorry. He rejected my inquiry to bloodwork and an u/s to listen for a heartbeat. His only advice was to wait for nature to take it's course and if I felt it was taking too long, i could schedule a DNC. I guess I'll just give it some time and see what happens.

I hope everyone else is doing well - let us know how you're going....
I need some one to talk to. I am 37 years old and this my 7th pregnancy. I have 5 children and I had a m/c at 6 weeks in September. About Nov. 21 I took a home test and it was positive. I went to the doctor and they confirmed at 5 weeks. They did my labs and my HCG was normal but my Progesterone dropped from 12.9 to 9.7. I went in for an u/s today thinking I am about 6w4d and I was told by the tech that I am measuring about4 or 5 weeks. She made me very nervous about having miscarried again. I am sure of my LMP because it was on my anniversary. Now I have to wait for my bloodwork to come back to check my levels and I to wait another week for an u/s. I just went through this 2 months ago having to share my son's 1st birthday with a m/c baby in me. My nerves are a wreck and I am wondering if I even feel pregnant anymore. I am always sure of my dates, so how could they be so far off? What could be wrong. With the last preg. I bled and cramped the whole time; but, this time there is no spotting or cramping. Help me out someone.
Hi, my situation sounds very common.  I went for an U/S yesterday and thought I was 5 wks 6 days.  The U/S showed a gestational sac but no baby.  The u/s tech said that the sac was smaller than it should be if I am really 5 wks 6 days. I was crushed.  I've spent all day today on the internet trying to find out what this means.  I'm hoping that I'm just off by a few days, however I'm fairly certian that my dates are correct.  I was using a digital fertility monitor which indicated that I ovulated on 10/11.  I have a 2 year old and when I went back and looked at her first u/s at 5wks 5 days there was already a heartbeat!  I'm so worried because my breast were really sore last week, but much less so this week.  I've had no morning sickness also, which I had terribly with my daughter.  My doctor suggested I just wait till my next scheduled u/s on Jan 17th!!  Yea RIGHT.  I think I'll be totally insane by then.  I really don't want to go through the holidays agonizing over wether I'm still pregnant or not.  Are there places you can go to just get an u/s done without a doctor's referral?
Hi Alison and Wingandaprayer. I'm sorry that you are going through this. I've found some good information on misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com  I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted.
Hello All....
This is my first posting and I think I kind of had a similar situation today.  I took a positive pregnany test on 11/20.  So from the date of my lmp I should be exactly 8weeks pregnant today,  but during the ultrasound today,  I measured at 6w4d with a heart rate of 138bpm.  Im so confused,  the tech said everything looked great but I dont understand how everything could look great when I should be 8 weeks pregnant and im only 6.  Can anyone please give me some advice,  is it possible that this is a viable pregnany??  Im sooooo confused and scared...
I'm new to this forum and has been very confused with information found on the net.  I'm 6w 2d from IUI date, so this date is very accurate, I would think. My u/s was done yesterday w/ an empty sac, along with a sac measuring @ 10mm, and the sac is too close to the cervix and it has an abnormal shape where there is a point.  Next u/s is next week.  Doc says that we can't go by Beta test anymore which the last result took me 4 days to double. I'm 31 & have a 6 yr old son and 1 miscarriage which took place 3 mos after delivering him.   It is so confusing to think that all this time we were depnding on Betas and at this point we don't, we rely on u/s. Anyhow, I started  spotting at 5w only when wiping for 3 d, no cramps.
I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS CITE, YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN ME HOPE
I JUST WENT TO THE DR. AND THEY TOLD ME SO MANY DIFFERENT DATES FOR MY DUE DATE AT LEAST 3 TIME WELL THE FINALLY SAID AFTER AN VAG. ULTRASOUND THEY DETERMINED THAT I WAS BETWEEN 5 AND 9 WEEKS BUT THE ISSUE IS THAT THEY SAID MY BAY WAS SMALL AND MAYBE HE OR SHE STOP GROWING AND THAT I SHOULD PREPARE TO MISCARRY I HAVE HAD NO BLEEDING OR CRAMPING BUT THE FEEL THAT I SOULD MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHAT I'M GOING TO DO, I FEEL THAT THEY COULD BE WRONG AND BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW  I'M HOLDING ON TO THE FACT THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL OF EVERY THING AND IT ALL INHIS HANDS PLASE PRAY FOR ME AND MY LITTLE ONE
Hi guys,

well, i would like to share my experience too about my early pregnancy, which is not looking good. After my periods date was over, i thought that i am pregnant. After approximately 2 weeks of my periods date, i consulted with a doctor (because i experienced light bleeding) who did my ultrasound and found a cyst but did not found good signs of pregnancy, So, she advised for a better digital ultra sound. I did that and the ultra sound reports stated following things:

1. Gestational sac was present of 5 Weeks - 5 Days size
2. Foetal pole was evident
3. No cardiac activity was present
4. Cyst in right ovary of 4.4 cm size was present

After seeing this ultra sound report, my doctor advised me to take complete bed rest so that cyst could not effect the pregnancy.  I took bed rest for 11 days and got small bleeding during my bed rest too. I again consulted the doctor and she told me that your gestational sac is not growing as it should be. Now, she has given me 7 days more for bed rest to see that whether the gestational sac or th embryo inside grows or not. If the embryo did not grow then she will have to make my abortion because such incomplete embryo growths may lead to birth an abnormal child.

I am now waiting for these 7 days to pass to see what would happen to me?

If somebody had the same experience, please share your expereince with me to let me know that whether i will be aorted or my embryo will grow?

Thanks in advance.
Hi everyone.
I just found this as i was looking up about no sac.
I think i'm about 5 weeks or a bit over and they scanned me 3 days ago because of a little bleeding and found nothing!
I had to go back today and my bloods show i'm about 5 weeks but they can't even find a gestational sac with internal scan! Has anyone had this? The bloody nurse was talking about follow up care after misscarraige or ectopic and i wanted to scream, 'you don't KNOW yet!! Feel so down about it all and have to ring later to get new blood reults. I wish i had just waited to see by myself what would happen.
I have been searching the internet since coming home from my first ultra sound. I am 9 weeks pregnant and had some blood spots appear after intercourse Monday night. It has since gone away, but my Dr. scheduled an ultra sound to be sure everything is okay. The internal ultra sound appeared to be fine. I saw the baby, I saw it move, I could see limbs, a head and a visible heart rate that was at 156. The ultra sound tech said everything looked good and that she wanted to go review the pictures and would come back to the room to talk to me. When she returned she had told me what she had said before........ BUT.. that the gestational sac was measuring 2 weeks behind the size of the baby. She didn't seem overly concerned and said that when I came back for my next appointment on Jan. 6 that they would have another ultra sound to monitor the growth. I began to cry, it didn't make much sense. I asked her what the outcome of this could be. She said that it could go either way. It could grow and be normal, or I could have miscarriage. She than said that these were just the uncertainties of pregnancy. I nbever even spoke to a Doctor. I would assume that if this were a huge deal that a doctor would have spoken to me. But now as I read on the internet, this seems to be more serious than I was lead to believe. I am terribly upset and concerned that my baby will die. I don't feel that I was given enough information from my Ob/gyn. I feel like calling back and asking a million questions. Can anyone shed some light on this?  ***@****
I went to the doctor yesterday.  I am 9 weeks 2 days.  They did a vaginal ultrasound and found nothing but the sac.
The doctor called me in his office, and he said that it was alarming, and the it did not look good.  He expects me to miscarry, but I just have to wait.  If it has not happened by next Tuesday, I will go in for another ultrasound.  If we still do not find anything, he wants to schedule a D&C.  
I do NOT want this to happen.  If it is going to be a miscarriage, I want it to all end now.  I can't imagine thinking that maybe there is a chance, and finding out Tuesday I will have to have a D&C.
Any words from anyone on what to expect?  The doctor said that he is not giving up hope, but he is not optomistic.  I don't want to hang on to this hope if I am going to be dissapointed.  I don't think I can emotionally handle another day like yesterday.
I'm having some concerns about my pregnancy. This is my first and I went to the doctor yesterday for my first appt. The doctor did a sonogram because he thought that I was about 11 weeks and we would be able to hear the heartbeat, which is what I should be if all the calculations are correct. But when he did the sonogram he said that the baby looks to be only 7-8 weeks along. My uterus is also measuring about 11 weeks. He is sending me for and internal tomorrow and wants to see me again in 2 weeks. Has anybody had this problem before? I'm very concerned that something is wrong.
Has anyone heard how LuckJaybird is doing?
Hope all who have similar problems are doing well.  
I found this site when I was searching for information on measuring low at 8 months which is what's going on with my daughter in law.  She has to now go for an ultrasound.
Hi everone.  I am new to the sight and am wondering if anyone has some insight to share with me.  I conceived via Frozen Embryo Transfer on 11-30-05 so that makes me 7 weeks 5 days.  All on my ultrasounds so far are measuring exactly 1 week behind.  Also, My beta's are not doubling quite as they should.  Is anyone else going through the same thing?  If so please let me know because I am making myself crazy over here!

Stacey
I can't help w / what your going thru, I'm clueless on this. Just wanted to say Hi. Glad to have you on board, Wish I could be of some help to you.
Hi Everyone. This is my first pregnancy, and when I found out in December I was pregnant I made an appt with the doctor to see how everything was going with my baby. When I went in I thought that I was 8 weeks, since they went by my last monthly cycle, but when the doctor did the ultra sound I was only 5 weeks. Then I went in the next week because I was sick with the flu, and they did another ultra sound to make sure everything was alright, and I was 6 weeks. But when I went in this Monday for my regular check up my doctor said that the baby had stopped growing, that there was something wrong with the baby, and that the baby hadn't developed right. He also said that I would have to have a procedure done so that I could have the baby removed. He said that he couldn't find a heartbeat either. But, he said for me not to rush into anything, and to wait a week to make sure about this. I just don't know what to think anymore. The baby was fine two weeks ago, and now something is wrong I just don't understand. Do you think that maybe the doctor just saw wrong with the ultra sound. Because when I had the ultra sound done I couldn't even see the baby in the sack like before all I saw was something really small in the lower corner, and I couldn't see much. I just don't know what to think. It has been so hard on my husband and I because this is our first pregnancy, and we had been trying for 3 years, and finally we got pregnant. Do you have any advice? Thanks.
Hi everyone!!  I am 7w 2d pregnant with twins.  I went to a perinatologist today, since I am considered high risk, and he told me that the gestational sac of Baby B is too small and that we had more than 50% chance of miscarrying that baby.  Of course, I left there in tears, not wanting to lose either of my twins.  The good news is that they are both measuring 7mm long (crown to rump) and their heartbeats are 138bpm and 136bpm respectively.  Have any of you experienced such healthy (or what seems to be healthy) babies, yet the sac was small?  I know time will tell, but I am so shocked at the news that I wanted to ask around and see what I could find out.  These twins are a result of IUI and this is my second pregnancy (I have a 19 month old daughter).

Thanks for all the advice and I wish everyone the best of luck.
I was one that was told by my doctor that the gestational sac was too small at about 7 weeks and that there was a strong possiblity that I would lose it. The baby had grown like it was supposed to and the heartbeat was around 150 so I prayfully thought that everthing would be alright. Unfortunatly, a week later I miscarried. I don't want to bring anyone down or make anyone upset. I am now pregnant again and just made it through my first trimester!! Just keep holding faith that it's all in Gods timing.
I am almost 7 weeks pregnant.  My 1st pregnancy was an ectopic.  My tube ruptured...and I almost died. it was very serious and scary.  So, to be careful, we went thru IVF.  This is our 2nd round.  1st round I didn't get PG.  THis time, got a positive result.  Initially, my hcg levels weren't rising appopriately, but after a week my hcg levels kicked into gear and started rising correctly.  We also saw gestational and yolk sac so we were excited.  Today, a week later, we went in for an ultrasound.  We saw a great heartbeat, but the gestational sac is measuring about 2 weeks behind embryo.  Ultrasound tech told us we have a 50/50 chance of having a miscarriage.  We feel emotionally drained.  We are just going to keep praying and try to remain hopeful.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.    
I have been reading everything on the internet since returning from my first ultra sound yesterday.  I am 6.3 wks pregnant -- i went through IVF so the date is not in question.  The ultra sound measurement was 5.3  -- saw a sac, the doctor said it was small and "concerning."  I am over forty, this is my first pregnancy after severall attempts -- I was so excited and now I don't no what to think or do.  The doctor said that sometimes pregnancies progress slower and maybe all will be okay -- is there really any hope, it sounds like the baby already stopped growing.

My goodness. I can't believe there are other women that are going through the same as me. I feel my world has fallen apart and it all happended today. I took my partner and my excited 3 1/2yr old son to see our baby for the 1st time. I was not expecting the bombshell that my sac 'looks small' and I would have to return in two weeks for a re-scan. I have called my midwife and the early pregnancy unit who have all confirmed what all the other amazing women on this site have said. It's a 50/50 chance. I am so scared. My baby is fine and healthy but to survive it needs a bigger sac and there is nothing I can do. The stories of those of you that went to have normal pregnancies brings me such hope but I feel devastated. I look at my scan picture and I can see how small the sac looks and just feel as if my unborn baby's life depends on my sac growing. I can't offer anything to you other ladies that are experiencing this other than we must prey and stay positive and strong. Thats all we can do, we are mothers and need to keep ourselves healthy for that baby that is relying on us. People are telling me things happen for a reason and although I want to believe it right now all I can think about is that scan in 2 weeks. Be strong ladies....... Love Lisa x
I'm so glad I found this site.... I've haven't been myself since I went to the doctor's yesterday.  My LMP was 9/20 and my pregnancy test tested positive 11/28.  It's not unusual for me to skip a period now and again, but my cycle always picks back up the following month right on time.  Based on this calendar, I would be about 7 wks pregnant now.  Yesterday, the doctor told me that my sac measures 4 1/2 wks... which makes no sense to me for two reasons: (1) it doesn't match up with my menstrual cycle and (2) I wouldn't have been able to detect the pregnancy via a home pregancy test when I did if I'm only 4 1/2 weeks pregnant... I would have had to conceive AND test positive in week 2 - and I've never heard of a home pregnancy test showing a positive result during the very week of conception.

I explained these concerns to my doctor, and I got the impression that he wasn't piecing together the pieces on the calendar, which was somewhat frustrating.  If I truly am 7 weeks and my gestational sac looks more like 4.5 wks, is there reason for concern??  The doctor didn't seem concerned, but this didn't assuage my worry - rather it heightened it!  I felt like no one was listening to the point of understanding my concerns.  

The doctor scheduled another sonogram with a nurse practitioner 4.5 weeks away.  So for the next 4.5 wks, am I supposed to worry about whether this is a viable pregnancy?!  I just want to know either way - the holidays are right around the corner, and I can't stand not knowing.  If the pregnancy looks ok, then I'd love to tell my family while we're all gathered around that I'm pregnant.  (It will be the first grandchild for both my parents and my husband's.)  But I don't feel comfortable telling my family while I still have all these questions.

Any advice??
Love, Steph
I am pregnant with my first child and went in for my ultrasound today.  I thought that I was around 7wks. However, when my doctor did the scan..all we found was a sack and it measured at 5wks and 5days.  I have to go back in 10 days for another ultrasound. Im worrying myself to death..I have been ttc for 13 yrs. Has anyone else had this happen and it turn out alright?
i had small gestational sac pregnancy too.. I just cant stop crying evrytime I think of those bad memories I had then.. I had been put on complete bedrest for 6months. I gave birth prematurely at nearly 8 months. my baby died within 24hrs due to respiratory distress syndrome.. immaturity of lungs.
Hi, I am Priya...am facing same medical problem.....i got a confirmation of my pregnancey at around 4 weeks 6 days..after a week i saw a spot of blood and hence went for a check up once again....at his time doctor did u/s sonography and confirm a Single very Intrauterine Gestation of 5 weeks 0 Days .I did 2nd check up and same confirmation i got saying to do mis abortion......
can someone suggest what can be done in this case
I am roughly 5 weeks pregnant and am showing a sack but no baby. I have a tipped uterus so I am not concerned with the fact that we can't see a baby yet although it would be very reassuring. My main concern is that on 9/10 the sack measured 5w 3d and 9/13 it measured 5w 1d, and 9/17 it measured 5w 1d and my levels are not doubling every 48 hours but they are going up still. My doctor wants to do a D&C but I want to wait has anyone ever had the sack stay around the same size for a week and had a healthy pregnancy?
How did you make out with this pregnancy?  I am in the same situation.  My partner is presently 7w1d with twins.  Baby A measured 6w6d, and Baby B was 7w0d, but the sac of Baby A was VERY small.  We have miscarried twins several times over this past year, and have prayed for these babies.  We have been told there is a chance Baby A won't make it, and just want to hear any positive stories from people in the same situation.  Happy baby thoughts to you all!
Hi! Im 7 weeks pregnant and I have been spotting, cramping and having lower back pains for almost a week. I went to the ER Mothers Day and they told me to let mother nature takes it course, even though my cervix is closed...I went to the Dr. today and he said the sac was small for 7 weeks and to come back in 2 days. My levels were normal. So...am I still PG? Am I M/C? Im reading to get it over with...
i am in the same situation as alot of you. I have 2 boys aged 9 and 6. I found out i was pregnant 6 weeks ago and when i went for an US at what i thought was my 6th week i was told i must be about 4 weeks as the sac was small with nothing in it. I went back 2 weeks later for another US and my sac had grown, but still nothing in it. the radiographer said my dates could be wrong or that my baby just hasn't grown. There faces told me excactly what i needed to know.  They gave me 2 scans on 2 different machines then an internal US  And they kept getting someone more senior in each time. I,ve to go back next week but am trying to come to terms that i don't have a baby. I still feel pregnant which is making it worse. My heart is sore with hurt just now so i can empethise with you all. x x x
Hi, Iam  very confused< i did a invitro fertization  on march 24, 2011. after 2 blood test and home pregnancy test came out negative. in may 11 i had a positive blood test and i was 6 weeks pregnant. i will like to know how could this happen. i am know very confused how should i calculate the due date.
wow, I knw this was posted long ago (6 years) :)  but can you tell me ont he bad sonogram did they see the sac AND the baby, or just the sac?  I am in a similar situation right now and am worried.  Thanks!
Hi, I'm in the same boat and my story in not that encouraging. Had 5 MC in a row, was pregnant for 6th time. Had my 7th week US and sac was 2 weeks behind. Doctor told to stay positive and wait for a week, it can go either way.
Had US today after a week and no HB was found.
I'm broken, have no idea what to do from here. We really want a baby.
Whatever happened did you find out? I kno this is an older post but I'm really worried. My lmp was 9/23 I found out on 10/25 I was pregnant. By my HCG levels the dr said I could only just barely be pregnant or my pregnancy was going the wrong way. Then I had an ultrasound on 10/27 and the tech said she only saw a empty sac measuring 5 weeks. Now yesterday I spotted just light brown after intercourse I went to the ER and they said I should be 8 wks and I was only measuring 5 weeks and 5 days and that I should get my HCG tested in 2 days and see my dr about a D&C but I have no cramping or pain not even during intercourse. Could the tech the first time just measured wrong or maybe I ovulated late?
hey
i found out 19/11/11 that i was approx 5 weeks,my G sac  measured at 10mm on this scan.
Had another scan to day as started spotting from 20/11/11,bleeding seems to be getting heavier but no clotting or cramping. Scan today showed no change of size for the G sac remained at 10mm. I pushed for blood test to measure HCG, had one today another is due 27/11/11. Scan booked for 1/12/11. i pray for good results!
best of luck
Hey how did u get on??
i am 9 weeks and went to the hospital for a scan and found that it woz only measuring at 5 weeks and that they couldnt get a heartbeat coz of how small the fetus is and told me to wait 2 weeks and then go back for another scan to see wots goin on see if the fetus has grown i have had slight bleeding and cramps thats why i went to the hospital in the first place does anyone out there think my baby stands a chance and that my baby mite just be a slow grower
Rest be strong & the rest is in the hands of god. Good luck.
I just found out on Friday that my baby has done the same thing, the fetus was only 6 weeks but the yolk sac was at 9 weeks. They have scheduled me for a D&C to remove the dead fetus, I still feel pregnant also due to still having morning sickness, weird cravings, and being on a emotional roller coaster! So I went browsing on the internet to seek my answers, I have found that in some pregnancies the yolk sac will grow much faster than the growing fetus which makes doctors think that it's a dead fetus. The only way to know if it is true (the fetus has stopped growing) is to wait and carry the fetus for longer to see if it might change, the risk of it though is the baby might actually be gone and the hopes that you had on t actually growing will be for nothing. I understand how you feel completely, after my u/s I was expecting them to say I had twins or something but I was sadly mistaken. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes well for you!
Hi, I can definitely understand ur frustrations and confusion, I taken a hone pregnancy test and it came back positive, I was so excited so I went into the E.R to have it confirmed well as I had already found out the doctor tells me I was indeed pregnant. I was told to have a follow to make a follow up appt with an OBGYN in a couple of weeks, I scheduled an appt but before I could reach my appt date I had started spotting, so I'm frantic and panicking I went back to the E.R and they ran another pregnancy test and ordered an ultra sound by this time and date I was approximately 7&1/2 weeks. I was told their wasn't a heartbeat and my gestational sack was empty!! U was so heart broken and confused. I was then sent on a outpatient bases to have blood work done in a week to check HCG levels they were rising which was a good sign. But u was still told at that time I wasn't really pregnant I h had something of a blighted ovum something I've never heard of in my life!! Butbu was sure u gad to be pregnant, since I first started menstruating at the age of 12 I gave been on time every month never skipped a period ever. The bleeding didn't stop they said there wasn't any baby but two pt saids I was. I didn't have a D&C or anything they said it wasn't nessasary because I wasn't that far along anything that was there would pass in its own. So if I wasn't pregnant then what would pass through me? Till this very day all that remains a mystery to me, my heart goes out to you and my advice is wait it out see what happens and don't get thrown aside like I did without any diffinitive answers. Good luck I'll keep you in my prayers.
I've recently found out I'm pregnant again, at the time I found out this wonderful news I was told I was about 3-3&1/2 weeks gestation that was on 12/13/11 around 2weeks ago so I am around 5&1/2 weeks now my first appointment to my obgyn is in 3 weeks so @ my appointment date I should have a good strong heartbeat on my ultrasound God willing, I'm so looking forward to my little one and hearing his or her little ticker for the first time. Everyone please keep me in your prayers that all works out fine for me. And I will do just the same for you'll good luck guys.
this is my first pregnancy and i am 6 weeks 2 days. i started bleeding yesterday. i went in and had an ultrasound they said the babys heart rate was low and the sac was small in comparision to the baby. i have another ultrasound next week and the doctor said the baby might not be there anymore. i am scared out of my head and everyone tells me to just relax and not stress out but i dont know how i will deal if i lose this baby. i have so many friends that have children and no one else has had this happen. i feel really bad because i feel as though its my fault. i am jsut posting on here to let some stress out thanks for listening. and thanks for sharing your stories it helps me know im not alone
I am currently 9 weeks and the same thing is going on with me. I have been going to the Dr. for an ultra sound every week because they sac is small compared to the baby. I started going at week 7 and everything is still the same. I am having twins and this is only going on to one.. I say have faith...I even talk to my baby and tell him or her to be strong for me and pull through...
I went to the Dr yesterday and I'm suppose to be 12wks but the u/s said my sac was 7wks 5days and it was empty no baby I go bacc Monday for my results for my HCG levels I'm so nervous I don't know wat to do this is my first baby I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst anyone have advice?
my best friend is having a bit of trouble so ive been looking thru pages and pages of forums im sooooo glad i found this 1 and was wondering if anyone could give us some advice...... she went for an u/s 2wks ago and was told she was 6wks preg the could see a gestational sac and a foetal pole and all seemed normal but no heartbeat, so they told her to come back in 2 wks and see if it had grown, as she's had a miscarriage in the past. she went back today and still no heartbeat and the sac has decreased in size, shes had no bleeding or cramping and had all the normal pregnancy symptoms and she says she feels pregnant shes terrified they dont no what is going on and all the docs keep saying is "we'll have to test this and that and this and that" im tryin to be supportive and help her and be there for her i just feel terrible as her and her fiance have been trying for 3 yrs to concieve (conceive) and my husband and i are 21wks pregnant with our first and we werent trying, i just feel like we got it so easy and all i want is for them to have a healthy bub finally as i love them to bitssss :)
Okay, i found out on January 12th that i was pregnant for the first time and they told me i was 6 weeks.  Two days ago i started bleeding and cramping and i went to the doctor yesterday.  After he did a vaginal ultra sound he said that egg isn't measuring like im 7 1/2 weeks and that i had two options, (1) that im not 7 1/2 weeks or (2) the egg isn't developing like it should be.  He wanted to take blood that day and then i go back on Friday to give more blood so he can test my levels.  I am still bleeding and scared to death.  Please tell me someone has had a good outcome with the stuff going on with me.
Ideas anyone? I had an extremely irregular period that lasted two weeks with only spotting but two heavier days on the 6th and 7th of January so I've been using that as my LMP. I saw the doctor for a routine exam on the 18th and was told that I had recently ovulated (which confused me because it was only 10-11 days since my supposed last period). On the 8th of February I tested positive and again on the 11th. I had an u/s on the 13th which dated the pregnancy at 4w 6d (again, confusing if I ovulated before the 18th). The gestational sac measured at 2mm so the doctor scheduled another ultrasound for the 21st of Feb. On the night of the 19th I noticed a tiny bit of brown on the tissue when I wiped so naturally I called the doctor who had me come in today for another check. This time I was really confused! The u/s now shows 2 gestational sacs! The only problem is that the first sac (which is slightly larger than the second) is still only measuring 2mm a week later! both sacs are too small to see anything so the doctor ordered blood tests which I am currently waiting for the results for. So my question is, has anyone else experienced this? I am so worried right now but the doctor said everything looked normal, no blood, no extra fluid, good endometrium and placement of the sacs, long and closed cervix, just the gestational sac measuring the same as last week. She said it's not bad, but its not good either. Anything from you ladies???
I went in to the hospital because i had spotting. I thought i was well around 13 weeks because 8weeks before tht thy told me i was 5 so I went to the hospital for my spotting and they are saying i show about 7 weeks and the yolk sac  is there but not the size its suposed to...my hormone level was 3000...Idk if the bby will be ok..the bleeding has minimized and i never even felt any cramping...idk if  should worry im so confused?
Thanks for this post. I just ahd a ultrasound done and the doctor said that my sac is 8 weeks but my baby is 6 weeks 2 days. he thinks there is a problem and I am so worried. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks I pray everything is ok with the baby. I did see a heart beat but it was 87 bpm.
HI I am in the exact same predicament as you. This is my 6th pregnancy and I went for my u/s yesterday all the doctor told me was "it is very small", which leaves me little hope. I am supposed to be 6 weeks 4 days from LMP (so 4 weeks 4 days since conception) and I have been an emotional wreck.  The doc sent me for blood work to test my hcg levels and told me to come back in 2 days.  I cant keep going through this pain.  All of the tests they have done on me have come back negative the doctors cant figure out what is wrong with me and keep telling me to keep trying since I have no problem getting pregnant I just cant maintain the pregnancies. Did the doctors tell you what could be wrong?? I am searching for answers anything would help..
God Bless
Mel
*also no heartbeat was detected at first u/s and I couldnt see anything...
So i found out i was pregnant at the end of March, the clinic said im was 5weeks, well now 8weeks pregnant and ive been bleeding, cloting and some cramping. I went to the ER to found out what is going on and they did an ultrasound and come to find out my sac looks empty.Also they say i have a cyst on my right overy. The doctors tell me that it is a threated miscarriage and to be prepared for the worse, but im not ready to prepare myself for a miscarriage because i have two little boys already and nothing like this has happened to me before. I need to know if I still have a chance that i will soon see a baby in my sac and still have a normal and fine pregnancy. Im really scared and have been crying and thinking the worse, ive been searching the internet like crazy, has anything like this happened to anyone and still delivered there baby when they were supposed to?
i went in to docs for cyst so they made me take a pt to make sure i wasnt before she gave me pain meds, well turned out i was pregnant. my hcg levels put me at 4 to 5 weeks and they were rising like normal. Had a altrasound and they meassured the sac at 5 weeks 5 days then 5 weeks 1 day..... now i have nurses telling me im 5 weeks but only been pregnant for 3 weeks and other nurses saying no im 5 weeks according to my sac everything looked normal they said.. so now im very confused how far am i and if i were only 3 weeks how in the heck could they even see anything. i thought u had to be atleast 5 weeks to see anything..... Someone pls help me???? how far am i and witch nurses are the quacks???
I am also having a difficult time right now. i am supposed to be 8wks and 2days today. i started bleeding and cramping last thursday and went to the ER. everything confirmed that i am pregnant, but the u/s showed only 5wks and my hcg levels were only 496. the ER dr told me that i was having a threatened miscarriage and put me on bedrest for 2wks but told me to see my OBGYN in 4-5days. i have an appnt today at 1:45pm and i am terrified of what i might see or hear. or not hear for that matter. this is my 3rd child and i have never had a miscarriage before. my husband and i actually planned this pregnancy while my other 2 boys were not planned. why would this happen when i want it so bad? does anyone have any words of encouragement or have been thru a similar situation? good luck to all of you. i hope everything works out for all of it as well as myself today.
Im the same way they told me my due date was september 11 since my last menstrual period was december 6 and now they change it to august 15 because my ultrasound is showing that im 24 weeks not 22 from my counts and what the doctor had told me. I need help tooo!!
Have you heard any more? I am going through a similar situation and freaking out!
I have a healthy daughter that had a great pregnancy. She is just over 2 years.
My husband and I had a miscarriage that forced us to have a d&c at 12 weeks in february. We found out we were pregnant again in march.
i thought i was about 7 weeks and i started to bleed a little and went right to the dr. the dr saw nothing but clots. i went back 2 other times that week (mon, wed and fri of last week) and my hcg is rising but only by a little. so the dr told me to wait a week and come back. the embryo sac only grew one days worth of growing in the past 6 days. im freaking out, but he suggested that i could wait another week if i would be more comfortable with it, apparently i am only measuring at 5 weeks and 5 days. i should be 9 weeks now.
please keep me posted on your story!
Well my period was end of March. My due date is Jan 3rd. I had a light pick spotting twice last weekend after going to bathroom. No biggy but still called dr and he wanted to see me. Said he felt all was well but did HCG it came back 47000. good for 7 weeks 6 days pregnant by what he said he felt all was ok but now going to do ultrasound to give me reassurance. WELLLLLLL no reassurance there because it only showed sac and it measured about 5 weeks 4 days. My OBGYN called me today and hes so sweet told me hes not giving up hope on my baby that he believes dates are just off. I am spotting again today not bad and its not like blood blood its just pinkish colored but still concerned!
Hey eveyone .Im going through something I wish I wasnt..Im 8 weeks pregnant and I have been bleeding for almost 3 weeks not not heavy bleefing but bleeding...I went to the emergency room on may 9 and they did blood test and a ultrosound theu check my cervix and my blood and everything was fine...I went back to the emergency room 2 days ago cause im was still bleeding and the doctors did all the same test as the last time except the ultrasound and everything was fine again...Today I go back to the emergency and they check all over again this time they did another ultrasound and they saw that my baby is still the size of a 5 week sac and they couldnt hear the heartbeat....That it looks like Im having a spontaneous miscarriage :'( they said I have to go back monday and see ...Is it possible that maybe my baby could live? :(
Hi everyone,it's comforting to know that there are other people out there going through the same thing mentally. I have had spotting on and off for weeks now and on Friday last week i bleed a lot. My husband took me to the ED and they did my bloods and they were 5860 for 7 weeks and 5 days. they had risen from 1100 the previous Friday. I had an ultrasound on Monday and they saw a gestational sac but no baby or heartbeat or yolk sac and the gestational sac size indicated 5 weeks and 4 days when i should be 8 weeks. I had more bloods done on Monday and they had risen again to 6926. I now have to wait until Thursday next week for another scan to indicate if the baby is growing (viable pregnancy they call it!?! of course its viable i'm attached to baby and have symptoms). Its amazing that with modern medicine that no one can seem to tell us what is going on. Spotting is still continuing. I'm really worried. We didn't plan baby we were just taking things as they cam and figured when it was our time it would happen. I am hoping that our baby is just a slow grower especially as i have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid also since finding out im pregnant. Some drs seem to think that my tyhroid won't affect baby and others think it would slow down their growing but that's okay. Let me know if anyone else has the same.
Im in the same boat according to my last lmp I should be 7 weeks but due to brown spottin had to go for an early ultrasound were is was told I'm measuring 5 weeks have to go back next week so im a bit worried incase theres been no development
I am in the same situation as you. I have been spotting for a week and was told today that my gestational sac was small. I am soooo discouraged right now. I hope and pray this baby is okay but i also wish that if i were going to miscarry it would just happen so I could move on. I dont know if I should be preparing myself for a miscarriage or if i should be happy about a new baby. Good luck to you.
my embryo measured 7wks but the sac measured 5 wks, I have to wait a week for an ultrasound...so nervous
I am 37 yrs old. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage last October @ 8wks.  I am currently pregnant (according o LMP, 6w5d) and had an ultrasound on Tuesday.  The doctor had a hard time locating the gestational sac and when she did, there was not heartbeat. She said my lining was very thick and that there were several large cysts on my cervix.  She also said the sac was measuring a week behind.  I have another u/s scheduled for Thursday, the 11th.  I am so devastated that I am going to have to go through the same thing I went through last year.  It's like reliving my nightmare all over again. Possibly worse. At this point, just praying that I had a late implantation and that it was just too soon to see anything.  The worst part is the waiting and the wondering.  We've been trying for over 10 yrs, 5 different doctors, 7 IUIs, lots of disappointments... I am desperate!
The gestational sac for my son went from 9-11 days behind the embryo on ultrasounds weeks 7, 8 and 9.  He was born with no problems and is doing well.   I know it's so stressful and scary to go through all of that, but just wanted to let you know that it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. Much luck to you!
hi im in the same situation at this moment..iam 6.4 week pregnant and dr told me a week back that the gestation sac is 4mm at 5.5 weeks..iam so worried..can u tell me what happened to you.
hi im in the same situation at this moment..iam 6.4 week pregnant and dr told me a week back that the gestation sac is 4mm at 5.5 weeks..iam so worried..can u tell me what happened to you "lozz"
I am suppose to be only six weeks pregnant but my gestational sac is huge i have had four kids already and i have already went from a size 3 pants to a size 5 pants and i am huge. what do yall think?
Hi Girls... The only Ultra sound that is accurate is the 12 week scan.....anything before (or after the 12 week scan)...bar a few days can be up to 2 weeks out!!!!!

Also many girls work out how far on they are from their last period , this is correct but not everyone ovulates 14 days later.....some girls ovulate 20 days after the period starts....then they may not conceive for 4/5 days after that (as sperm can live for that long in the vagina) we could conceive a few days after sex whilst sitting at work!!

just remember these early scans are a very rough guess, your dates are prob more accurate.
I was told i was 10 weeks pregnant i went to the er today a.d told them i was cramping but im not i just wanted my ultrasound early.they say sack is measuring 7 eeeks and cnt detect a fetal heart beat.
Hi all,
I found out 4 weeks ago I was pregnant and it's just been a constant nightmare since, my levels are creeping up incredibly slowly 300-580-800-1080-1400 they were in a few days of each other and then 2700 and 3600 which were in a week of each other, at first they thought I had an eptopic pregnancy then that was ok, then it was my levels not going up fast enough and then today I went for my second scan and there was a baby's heartbeat they put me at 6w6d but the sac is about a week behind, they told me things are not looking good and to prepare for the worst which I have, the baby keeps hanging on though but every time I go in to see them there is another complication. So exhausting I'm just waiting to miscarry and every time I get my hopes up there something else wrong. Wish everyone all the best and hoping things go well
It could just be that your ovulation was off. I just saw the Dr yesterday and I am supposed to be 8 weeks 5 days but baby measures at 6 weeks! I was using opks and I had 5 positive days in a row so I know that my ovulation was not normal. The Dr said I probably just got pregnant at the end of that 5 day period. Did the ultrasound show a strong heartbeat? Usually that would be a positive sign that everything is fine and ovulation was just late. Stay positive!
How did things turn out for you??