Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Getting pissy!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Getting pissy!

I'm getting pissy over here awaiting for my medi-cal approval. Called last week and the lady told me that they are "slow" and she said call back sometime next week (this week) which I'm going to do. I'm over 17 weeks pregnant and have not seek any medical attention due to not having medi-cal. Hate this waiting game. She said it can be next month on the first until my information will be in the system. They really need to hurry the hell up. I need to know how my baby is doing. If they tell me otherwise tomorrow (regarding my medi-cal) im going to tell them off. Btw, I am taking prenatal vitamins. Ugh! I'm just annoyed with them.
Don't know how it works in California, but in nc they can make it retroactive. That way you can start seeing the dr. There is a list of drs that accept it. Once you apply, you just have to get a letter to show you applied to give the dr. Ask your case worker.
Also try a crisis pregnancy center or planned parent hood. They will help you by getting free check ups till your medical is approved.
As of right now I don't have a "caseworker"  that's what the lady said when I asked her when she called and interviewed me.
Planned parenthood will only accept you if you have no insurance (that's what they said) hopefully my medi-cal will be approve soon because last update of my medi-cal it was still pending.
I know about that girl cali is a trip takes forever and a day for things where u havin the baby at
I believe once you are approved they go back 3 months on tour medical bills
Try going to a free woman's clinic ( I'm in Cali ). the ones that offer free pregnancy test. As long as you test positive they will give you a temp. Medical card good for month then 2 months or something. But that's how I went about it here in cali.
Honestly, I don't know where I'm having my baby at. My main concern is to get my medi-cal approve first then I can be relief.
I just yelp women's clinic and read the review in my area and I don't think I can wait for 2+hours that's just way too long, although it is free.
I had the same problem, applied for medi-cal when i was 5 weeks n didn't get approved till i was 12 weeks, got my first doctors appointment when i was 13 1/2 weeks. You just gotta keep calling n bugging.
That's what I'm planning on doing in a bit. I don't understand why it's being delayed. When I call and they tell me otherwise it's not going to be a pretty picture. Like, you have all my information what the hell is taking so long you know? Horrible.
In mo they give us temp cards at the health department. Dunno if you have those in cali but if you do you should try it.
Im in CA. I went to planned parenthood and got a positive preg test from them. They did a referral and gave me a paper with names of dr.s in my area who will see me. I made an appt and they start the temp medical ins (good for 30 days while it processes for approval). My worker is useless and slow so i had to get an extentuon on my 30 days. I hope this helps. Start at planned parenthood!!!!
Here in az we have crisis pregnancy center took me half an hour. Got free dr aprs till insurance kicks in
I got the same thing at planned parenthood but thought I should wait and see a doctor when my insurance arrive. Can I make an appointment with the doctor anyway and wait until my medi-cal come in? When I do make the appointment do I tell them that my medi-cal is pending? My medi-cal is pending and I know I'm qualify because the lady told me that I am but it's taking awhile. Let me know!
When i made my first appointment without my medi-cal, i told them to look me up through my social security when they asked what kinda insurance i had. Try doing that when you make an appointment.
If you mean that you recieved the paper with the drs names you can call each and explain your situation. All they can do is get the mediCAL started. Its up to YOU to follow through with calling mediCAL. You really shouldnt have waited so long since there are lots of useful things the dr would inform you of, like vitamins you should be taking etc. Hope this helps. Are you in so.cal by the way?
Yeah I'm in Cali. The only reason why I waited so long was because I was waiting the approval from medi-cal didn't know I was going to wait this long. Next week I'm going to make an appointment with one of the obgyn (from the paper) and explain to them my situation. Hopefully everything goes well.
Oh btw, I did call medi-cal two days ago and the guy that works in medi-cal told me that there's going to be another paper in the mail for me to sign and once that's in the process will take up to 2 more weeks! Gosh, how much longer do I have to wait to be insure. They have all my information already. What more do they need? It's really annoying when you're going in 18 weeks and still haven't seen any obgyn. Ugh!
Thanks! I will do that next week. Hope everything goes as planned. *cross fingers*
I started my paperwork the same day i went to planned parenthood & found out i was preggo (6wks 4 days). From planned parenthoods parking lot i called a dr on the paper ref'l they provided & Sweet talked my way into the dr's office (may 3) & i recieved my actual approval paper & mediCAL card TODAY (june 26). At my 12 week apt i technically was past my 30 days (temp ins) but the dr was able to extend my temp because i showed up with a reciept from mediCAL stating my application was "pending". When i turned in my application at mediCAL office they asked for proof of employment or income, a statement explaining my living and spending situation, social sec card, birth certificate, a bill in my name, drivers license, and 2 months worth of bank statements (i dont think im forgetting anything :s)
*i highly suggest u dont wait until next week to make an appt. Ive already had to give blood twice for testing that is done by whatever timeline the dr follows as well as checking the baby for the NTS stuff (to check for babys development). By waiting youre missing important stuff, plus, its AMAZING to see your little babys heartbeat and wigglig around.* good luck, Keeping my fingers crossed for u ;)
MT will pay frim the day you turned your ap in after approved
Thank you for all of the information you put out there. I did all of that like a few weeks ago and just waiting on the approval which is taking a lifetime girl!
No problem, just trying to pass along the info. Im a first time mom so im tryig to stay on top of everything.