Pregnancy 25-34 Community
I'm pregnant after having a tubal ligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

I am a married stay-at-home mom of four.  After the birth of my last child 2 1/2 years ago I had a tubal ligation.  I just now found out that I am six weeks pregnant.  I have had a sonogram and it is a real pregnancy not a tubal.  I am so stressed and shocked right now.  Our budget is already strapped since I don't work I don't know how we are going to handle another one.  Let alone 5 kids!  Is there anyone else that has gotten pregnant after a tubal and how did you handle it?  Thanks Ruth
I have known women that have gotten pregnant after a tubal but usually it was within the 1st year after surgery.   I can't imagine the added stress of this and already having 4 children but God must have felt you needed this baby for one reason or another.    Best of luck!
wow, that is amazing!!  My sister had a tubal ligation 17 years ago and wants to get it reversed.  They told her the chances of getting pregnant without it are close to null.  I know that you said this is not something you expected, have you considered adoption?  I will be thinking of you.  I hope that everything goes well for you and the baby.  
I know someone who got her tubes tied after her 5th child. Needless to say, a couple years later she got pg with her 6th. She now calls her her miracle angel. She couldn't imagine her not being here and said it was in God's plan
wow congrats! i know you must be very stressed right now. i hope all works out for you the way you want it to.
wow. very rare but obviously possible. remember God does not make mistakes and this little one will be an added blessing to your home!! once the shock wears off, you'll be excited! good luck and God Bless!!
It must be very shocking to have had this happen to you as it was totally unplanned--however, God planned it--so there is a reason for it. Your new little one must be awfully special :-D. Let the shock wear off, I am thinking that despite the fact that it will be a stretch to your finances, that when the little one starts to kick, you will fall in love with him/her and wonder how your life ever was complete without him/her.
I know that this won't help this time, but a friend of mine just had a procedure done.  With this procedure you never have another period and you can not get pregnant.  It is called a uterine ablation (sp?).  She had it done to stop her continous bleeding.  You might speak with your dr about this procedure after this baby is born.  It is done in the office and most insurances cover it.  Your dr would just have to code it "correctly" so that insurane will pay.  I am looking into having it done.  I have 4 kids and teach school full time.  Another child is not in our plans or abilities either.  But God has the ultimate plan and he has given you this baby for a reason either a reason for you or a reason for this child in the world.  Have faith and trust in the Lord he will provide for all of your needs including the financial ones!  I was a single mom with a 2 yr old and a 6  month old for nearly 2 years on a teacher's salary.  God provided miracles daily for us and we were never in need.  He has now given me a second chance for love and family.  Just have Faith!
It happens, I know two ladies that this happened to, one of them actually got pregnant TWICE after her tubal.  After the second pregnancy they removed her tubes completely because they kept growing back together.
First congrats, next it is nice to hear that i am not the only one i just posted a comment about my story on here. i am currently 15 weeks pregnant and had a tubal 3 years ago. i already have 3 children and my husband and i both work and are srtuggling to take care of the ones we have now. i am so happy to know someone first hand that this had happened to everyone i talk to knows someone but has never had it happen to them. I am feeling so many different emotions right now. My husband is thrilled as i am, i feel it is definitely a miracle, but at the same time i had put having children behind me and was focused on the 3 i have. I am a little sad for my 3 year old not to get to be the baby anymore and my 5 year old twins to have to adjust to starting school and a new baby, and then there is the fact that we have a small 3 bedroom home and no room for us now. i have tried to just put it in the hands of god since this is obviously his plan for my family and be thankfully that i am getting another child. Overwhelmedmom i just wanted you to know that you are not alone and that i am very much overwhelmed with you. Also i have a 13 year old step son so i have 4 children not and am on my 5 as well anytime you need to talk i am hear to listen.
I have not been to the Doctor office as of yet.  I just realized myself that I am 19 days late.  I had a tubal in 05 after the birth of my second child.  This was decided by my heart condition we wanted more children.  I am now like you strapped finacially and stay at home.  I am just looking at this as a gift from God if indeed I am pregnant and if not well I don't know.  I will pray for you and I hope that you will find peace with your life.
WOW AFTER HEARING WHAT HAD HAPPEN TO YOU, IT KIND AH SHOCK ME BECAUSE I HAVE THREE GIRLS AND I ALWAYS WANTED A BOY AND MY HUSBAND STATED THAT WE HAD ENOUGH AND I GOT MY TUBES TIED 7/25/07 WHEN MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER WAS BORN AND I JUST FOUND OUT I WAS HAVING A BABY AND MY HUSBAND WAS LIKE "OOO MY GOODNESS" LOL BUT IM SO HAPPY BECAUSE GOD ALWAYS HAD THE LAST SAY SO... HE DOES EVERYTHING FOR A REASON.. AND I BELEIVE THAT HE WILL MAKE A WAY FOR YOU TOO.. IF HE BLESSED YOU WITH THAT CHILD ITS FOR A REASON I WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN PRAYER. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD IS IN CONTROL.
Reading all of your comments scare me a bit.  I had a tubal in Sept. 05 after our 3rd child.  We do not want anymore, but I have been having these feelings that I want another little one.  I must watch what I pray for.  I don't believe that I am pregnant, but I have been having some very familiar symptoms: bloating, nauseated; however, when I eat, the nausea goes away.  I have been bloated for a little over a week now.  I'm trying to keep track of my cycle as far as how I feel (i.e. backache, irritability, bloat, etc..).  I just started keeping track because I never had to before, as I just stopped (well in Feb. 08) nursing my 2 year old.  My periods were coming every 25 days, but now this is not the case, since Feb. 08.  Everytime I become bloated, I think "am I pregnant", but I get my period and am somewhat hurt.  However, as I said, this time is different.  The bloating is what is scaring me as well as eating to make my stomach feel better.  At any rate, for those who are pregnant after a tubal, keep your faith and trust in God.  He has a plan for us all that we must not question.  God Bless You All.
I don't know about the not questioning "the Plan" part, but I do know that if you think you are pregnant, you should take a pregnancy test or go see your doctor.

Symptoms mean nothing at all.  I probably have pregnancy symptoms every day, and I'm sure not pregnant.  Don't even get me started on bloating!

Depending on the method done, the chance of a pregnancy after a tubal is 1/100 to 1/150.  Not unheard of to become pregnant after one, but not impossible.  
My Sister-in-law has her tubal 6 years ago and she just found out she WAS pregnant but for her it turned out to be a TUBAL PREGNANCY..
Hopefully for her and all women who has to go through the road of a miscarriage I HOPE & PRAY FOR YOU ALL..
I was wondering, I had a tubaligation on May 28th of this year and I was 8 days late for my period and that never happens it always comes on the 10th of each month even after my tubal. well I finally got my period on the 19th. but it was really werid it was a light yellowish brown. now I'm bleeding so bad so heavy and my periods are always light? what should I do.
I had my tubes tied march 05.  July 05 I had a tubal pregnancy. Now I'm feeling pg again.  I would like another little boy to even it out, but my husband doesn't want anymore.  I'm leaving it in Gods hands cause he's got the ultimate decision.
I had my tubes tied in Oct 2005 after the birth of my twin boys. I have a 6 year old little girl and now my boys are 5 years old. As of today, my period is 8 days late. This past Friday, I took 2 Answer Pregancy test and they were both negative, on Sunday, I took 2 EPT test and they both were positive and then just to make sure, I bought First Response and took one again last night and that was negative as well as the one I took this morning. I am waiting for my blood test on Wednesday to see what is going on!
hi i am very curious to what the answer is going to be. Ive been reading all this stories about people getting pg with a tubal ligation. To all the moms out there with tubal ligations that have gotten pg i have a question for you. I to had a tubal ligation in 2006 and 1 yr later (2007) i started noticing i was having pg symptoms a couple of days before my period so i took a test and it was positive but ended up gettign my period now being 4 yrs later im noticing the same thing over and over again so finally i went to see a gyn and he said i could be having chemical pregnancys (where the sperm and egg meet but the egg doesnt attach to the uterus resulting in miscarrage (miscarriage)). I was just wondering if this would happen to you guys
I AM LATE TO AND VERY SCARED CAUSE I AM ABOUT TO GRADUATE COLLEGE AND I ALREADY HAVE 4 BOYS WHO ARE 11 10 7 AND 5 WHAT DO I DO IAM SCARED
I have a question...When do you start couting how late  you are? My last period was on 3/14/11 to 3/21/11 and I am yet to start. I am having severe cramps on and off, the period ***** (sorry if that is too much info, but I am sure you ladies know what I am referring to) Peeing alot...bloated...I wanna go get a test but I hate to waste the money and I not be. I had my tubes tied back in August 2008 after my 3rd pregnancy. I really regret tying my tubes and hoping and praying I am pregnant. ADVICE PLEASE!!! What do you ladies think?
i had a tubal ligation last march and i also have endometriosis severly so i have had numerous operations and i have been on depro-vero injection since march of this year. I did however get pregnant not knowing but lost the baby due to the meds. I would have went full term to it was not a tubal. But just as of yesterday i went to my doc because i had 5 positive preggy tests and he did a quick ultrasound only to find out that i am 8 weeks pregnant. And this is not a tubal either the baby has planted itself right in my uterus. My husband and i alreadly have 5 children between and us we didnt want anymore, and now my husband is debating wether or not to keep it or maybe it might have something wrong with it. We are overwhelmed but it is a true miracle for sure and i know things happen for a reason, children are so precious and us mothers should be lucky that we can actually experience having children because most woman will never get that chance. I know it is stressful right now i am going through the same thing but if baby is fine then i will continue with this pregnancy because god always has a plan for us and i guess being a mother was his plan for me.
Im 7days post op from hving my tubal lagation they gv me a prego test right before they putt me into surgery and it was negative ,but I was going pee to often I knw something was up today I found out im pregnant with my 5th child im a single mom living with my locked up fiances parents and I hv a one yr old thats not his that he accepted I knw this time im gonna lose him forsure idk wht to do ?:( I got pregnant by my one yrolds dad again :( im gonna hv to hide it till I get my own place I guess :( but I believe God does everything for a reason
Im relieved by these comments, but also quite scared. I believe i am 7 weeks pregnant, as close as i can calculate, but still getting negative tests and feeling like my body was playing jokes on me. See, i had my tubal done 11 years ago (clamps only) and have not been pregnant since, until this year. M/C in January and now possibly expecting baby 4.... Im in a new relationship after 14 years of marriage and never anticipated being pregnant again and my bf is terrified. We both agreed my children were more than enough. Im nearly due for my next period never had one this month, light spotting only, tender full breasts, naseau, headaches, mild cramps, belly bloat, swollen cervix and tight feeling in lower regions too....did i mention my emotions are raging and my cravings are unexplained? Please advise, any who have concieved after tubal...I will post with future results, thanks to all.
I had a tubal last year november after my sixth child. And I only just found out last week that I am pregnant I did a home pregnancy test. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy as well. I see my doctor in the morning, for referal for a scan. I am just as shocked as you are. As six children is already had enough. My eldest is 13yrs and my last four babies are all within a year apart and all under the age of five. My youngest is almost 1yrs old. So I understand totally how you feel financially my husband and I can not afford it. Physically I can not cope with another child, and emotionally well I think my story tells it all. All the best to you and your family I'll be thinking of you
I just found out that I am 9 weeks pregnant after a tubal 5 years ago. I still thank GOD for this cause GOd must really have a plan for this child. Still will be stressful cause I already have 5 and my fiance has two living with us. The crazy thing is together we have 8 girls and one boy. Hope this one will be a boy. God please let it be a boy.
mink003  You've given me hope.  I had a tubal almost 6 yrs ago.  I did it from pressure from my mom and gma.  Now married to the father of my children, it was the God blesses me with a second chance as he did for you!  Congrats!
*it was the worse mistake I made and I regret it everyday of my life.  I pray...
I had my tubes tied in 2002 after the birth of my third child. I was not married and felt as though 3 was enough. I didnt pray about it or anything, I just did it. I had gotten saved and a few months later I broke up with my boyfriend because I wanted to live a life of abstinence until I got married. I was a single mom, but God always provided.  When my youngest turned 3 I realized what a huge mistake that I had made. I was still very young and wanted to get married one day but realized I had ruined my chances of having a child for my future husband. I could do nothing more that just shrug it off and say "what's done is done. Maybe God will send me a husband who will accept my children and be happy" When my youngest was about 6 I started having dreams that I was either pregnant with twins or had given birth to twins. In every dream, the twin set was boy/girl and I could tell that the children were biracial, which was odd as I had never really dated outside of my race. I had about 7 or 8 dreams over a period of about 2 years and then they stopped coming, but I knew that they were God given dreams and that they would come to pass one day. I was single for nearly 9 years. It was VERY hard and at times I felt like I would never get married, but in 2011, I met my husband, who is Caucasian (I am African American). I told him  during our courtship that I had had my tubes tied, (as he has no children of his own and I wanted to be honest with him), but I also told him what the Lord had shown me and that I was positive that I would be able to have his children. He saw how much faith I had and we moved forward with our relationship. We married in April of 2012. In December of 2012 we got blessed with the best Christmas news ever.... WE WERE PREGNANT!! With NO surgery. My husband who had been secretly putting money away for a tubal reversal was SHOCKED! I asked him why he didnt believe me when I said that it would happen and he said he was saving as back up because he didnt want me to be  disappointed or upset if I didnt get pregnant naturally. I knew all along that I wasn't going to need surgery. I knew God was going to perform a miracle. I just hugged him and said "Oh Ye of little faith", lol. We shared the news with our pastor who then allowed us to share with our church in the form of a testimony. I declared that day in December in front of my entire church family that we would be having a set of fraternal boy/girl twins. Due to my tubal ligation, I had a sonogram at 7 weeks to ensure that the baby was resting peacefully in my uterus. He or she was there, but we only saw one tiny little fuzzball. That didnt waiver my faith. I said "My other baby is playing hide and seek, but he or she is in there somewhere." The Dr. said "Well lets hope there isnt another one because that means it may be stuck in one of your tubes." I said "No, it won't be".  At a 10 week sonogram, we found out that we were indeed having twins. In fact, as the technician squirted the gel on my belly I told her "Be prepared to see two" and she just smiled. A few seconds after she started she said "Well I guess you know what you're talking about. There are definitely two babies in there." I looked at my husband who apparently was about to fall over and smiled at him in a "I told you so" type of way. At 19 weeks we had another sonogram and found out that we were definitely having a boy and a girl. When we reported back to our pastor and our church everyone was in awe at how the Lord had spoke to me so many years before and it was all coming to pass. On August 15, 2013, at just over 36 weeks we welcomed our 5lb 8 oz baby boy Noah Abraham and our 5lb 3oz baby girl Hannah Sarai. If you know the bible story Hannah and Sarai (Sarah) were both deemed barren and were not supposed to have children but they did with a promise from the Lord. I was deemed medically barren and I too received my miracle from the Lord. So in honor of God fulfilling dreams and promises I gave my beautiful angel a beautiful name. Abraham, who was Sarai's husband was given the promise of more descendants than he could count. We didn't like Abraham for a first name for a new baby, but we loved the name Noah, which by the way Noah had 3 sons and our little Noah made 3 sons for us. I am truly, truly blessed beyond belief. I am ever so grateful that the Lord is in charge of everything and even when we make decisions and do not consult Him, He will still have His way. Stay encouraged all of you who are hoping to have another baby after a tubal ligation. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!! Walk the path of the righteous and watch how He opens up the heavens and blesses you. Psalms 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." I wanted to be married and have more children and I poured myself into living God's way and He blessed me over and above what I deserve. He could do the same for you. And even if He doesnt give you what you are asking for, love Him anyways because He is still good and knows what is best for you. Be blessed :)
Your testimony has truly blessed my soul. I too had a tubaligation after my second child and I've regretted it ever since.  I have been praying to god to bless me with another baby by performing a miracle on me where I wouldn't have to rely on a reversal and after hearing your testimony my faith has been strengthened even more so.  I am currently engaged and praying that god will bless me as well. Can you tell me what your symptoms were in the beginning?

You have also renewed my belief in this...I too had my tubes tied when my 3rd baby was born 2.5 years and I have regretted it ever since.  I have had a gut feeling inside that I will get pregnant again without having surgery. Your post has reminded me not to stop believing. Thank you also to DiamondEyezz, your post reminds me that I'm not alone.
The lot of you are pathetic. I'm thoroughly disgusted after having read your posts. Why don't you actually do something with your lives, like get jobs and actually contribute to your households, instead of staying at home all day, popping out baby after baby and being a financial burden to your husbands? How can you seriously want more children when you already have four, five, six, etc. kids? This is the problem with uneducated women being allowed to reproduce - that's all they do. It's people like all of you, who refuse to look at the bigger picture before continuing to breed (this may come as a shock to you, but there is a bigger picture outside of just YOU and what YOU want), who are the reason why the population is heavily spiking and environmental devastation/global climate change is getting worse. Here's a term for you SAHM's - "anthropogenic interference." Look it up (it's okay, you can copy-paste so you don't have to try to spell that). ;)

I'm a highly educated woman with a job that pays very well who came here because we had ONE child four years ago, and I seem to be pregnant again in spite of having had a TL after the delivery. I wondered how this could be possible and what the likelihood of my having an ectopic pregnancy is; however, I can clearly see that I would just be asking a bunch of braindead baby factories for their opinions. Never mind, I'll talk to my colleagues instead. -_-

Oh, and another thing: "I guess God just had other plans..." "This is what God wants..." Yeah, no, God had nothing to do with it. Stop trying to avoid accountability for your actions/justify them. Those of you who already have a practical circus under your roof KNOW what you should do, you simply don't want to. You don't care that it will further financially strain your husbands because, again, it's all about you and what you want. Why are you even here asking, "What should I do?" when you clearly already know what you're going to do (bring yet ANOTHER child into the world because breeding beyond the replacement rate is FUN and AWESOME! YAY BABIES!)?

I know, I know, "How DARE u critisize us? Weer all wunderfull ppl and we r to smart and EVen smartR then u hA!" Yeah, yeah, I'm going, and no, I won't let the door hit me on the way out. Your poor husbands for having to fund your laziness, selfishness, and irresponsibility. They would have been smart to divorce your sorry behinds before you had so many kids that child support would be astronomical.
No, wait, I do have one more thing to say to you disgusting cows before I leave here and never look back (I know, I know, good riddance, and believe me, the feeling is MORE than mutual): how DARE you say that "God" decided to bless you and give you a gift? That he gave you a miracle? What about infertile women, then, who may or may not fear your god? I'm personally atheist, but my sister is Catholic, and she will never be able to have a child because after wanting one her whole life and twelve years of trying, she got cancer and had to have everything taken out. My own sister no longer even speaks to me because after we had my daughter, it hurt her to be around us. Before that, she wouldn't even leave the house because she would fall apart every time she saw a pregnant woman or a woman with a baby in her arms. She prayed every day, did community service, helped the homeless, hoping that one of her good deeds would make your god finally bless her. But it never happened.

What about women like that, huh? What makes any of you more deserving than her of a "gift from God," of a "miracle?" Don't even suggest adoption as a substitute and tell me how many children need homes. That's heartless and insensitive, and here's why: I called her last night and told her our news. I said that we don't want another one, so I would love for her to adopt it - that adoption would allow her to become a mother and finally she could have her wish - and she hung up on me. Later, she sent me a hate-filled e-mail about how it's not the same, about how she wants to be pregnant and have one that is HERS, and I'll never understand. It hurt me badly to be on the receiving end of her wrath when I was trying to be kind, but you know, I do understand what she was saying. Why should she have to settle for a substitute when you "blessed" people don't have to? How is that fair? You women really need to watch what you say and how you say it instead of being so careless with your words. Knowing what my sister has gone through, I hope that no infertile woman has ever read this thread.
I find it that you claim you are so educated but at the same time you are so ignorant just because your family has their own personal problems does not mean to rain on other peoples parade like they say god works in mysterious ways so maybe it wasn't meant for your sister to have kids that doesn't mean to get on here trying to shatter other peoples hope and beliefs and put them down because of their beliefs so if you were so educated you have more common sense to be sounding so ignorant so take your personal problem somewhere else have a nice day
What made you this way?  Were you abused?  You sound so miserable.  I really hope you do not abuse your children.  You almost sound violent.  I am very sad and scared  for your children.  
Go get a test from the dollar store they work as good as the expensive ones im on baby #4 and have always used them and they have always been right
I too had a TL done 12 years ago(I am 35) right after my youngest daughter was born. I have 2 girls with my husband ages 17 & 12. I decided to get TL (without praying about beforehand) done because all my young life growing up I always said "I only want 2 children". My husband was hesitant about me going along with the surgery but agreed with me because it was what I wanted. Fast forward 12 years after my TL my husband & I would absolutely LOVE to have another. I am deeply heart broken that I am unable to have another baby. I feel so bad about my decision. But I have faith that the Lord will bless us with another angel. Hearing your story has given me even more hope. God Bless you & your family :)
Thank You for your story.It has given me hope I also had my tubes tied and regretted it ever since. I also have had dreams of me being pg or with a baby i knew was mine. And I just have a feeling, almost like a knowing that i will be blessed with another child.
Wow angry much! I'm sorry about your sister and her situation,but that doesn't give you the right to get on here and call people uneducated,pathetic,disgusting cows.Your obviously angry because of your situation with your sister so your lashing out at these women who are on here for hope. And how do you know these women have no jobs I've read alot of these and none of them  mentioned  that they have no jobs,so where are you making  your assumptions? I happen to be a woman who wants a baby too,oh so you don't assume anything I also am a highly educated woman in the Medical Field who earns more than my Husband who also is in the Medical Field everything my children has or needed has came out of our pockets no help from Welfare whatsoever.