Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Normal Period During pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Normal Period During pregnancy

I was curious as to if it is at all possible to have a normal period (with cramps) during pregnancy?
Having a period means you are shedding the lining of your uterus. So I would say, it's not normal nor possible. Some bleeding can be considered within normal limits and so can some types of cramps. If you feel like this is a REAL period, and the bleeding and cramping are plentiful, I would suggest contacting your OB for a check. How far along are you?
It is possiable and happens qiute often. every woman is different. I know 3 people who have had regular periods through their entire pregs and have had healthy babies.
I had a period the first month of my 2nd pregnancy. I don't believe that it is a "normal" period though. From research I have found that some bleeding(very similar to a period)can occur from implantation. It is normal and shouldn't be worried about.
                                                                     However, any bleeding that occurs during pregnancy should be reported to your OB/GYN immediately. Any bleeding, especially in the first trimester could indicate an early imminate miscarriage.    

Urinary Tract Infectins(UTI's) can also cause bleeding. If you suspect that you have one, it should also be reported to your OB/GYN immediately. Untreated UTI's can cause problems in pregnancy and can lead to pre-term labor.
Not to stir up a debate, but it my understanding that bleeding around the time of your usual AF while pregnant is possible, but to call it an actual period would be an untruth. This is if you go by text book definitions as to what an actual period is and it's medical meaning. If i am wrong and it possible to shed the contents of your uterus while pregnant w/out disrupting the baby, please by all means correct me!
Hther is right; it isn't a "period" as we know it.   Sometimes you can have periodic bleeding throughout the pregnancy and no one ever knows why.

But its not a "period" (menstrual cycle).
I had what I believe to be periods with 3 of 4 children. They were always at the time my period would have been, but I also had problem bleeding. There are also cases where a bicornate uterus knows one side is occupied, but the other side will bleed.
Well the women I have known have had normal flow at the normal time monthly so wether it is considered AF or not you be the judge.
I wouldn't say it is common or that it happens often.

As Christie and Hthr said, it is not possible for it to be a "period".

A menstrual cycle is the shedding of the lining of the uterus. Over the course of the month, your uterus build up a lining getting ready to "house" a baby for nine months. The zygote implants in this lining. If you have a "period", you are shedding this lining, and essentially the unfertilized egg with it. When you miscarry, you are shedding the lining and the product of conception.

It is possible to bleed while pregnant, but no not common and definitly NOT normal. Any bleeding should be brought the attention of your care provider.
I have a friend who bled like a period her first and second month of pregnancy.  The doctor did an ultrasound and told her that her baby's heart stopped beating and she was miscarrying.  The doctor told my friend that since she was already miscarrying, he wouldn't do a D&C.  Well, thank God she didn't.  That baby is now 3 yrs. old.  Also, go to this web-site to read an incredible case of a woman who bled in her pregnancy.  It is something.  http://www.epinions.com/content_3524173956
Okay listen i dont mean to sound rude or anything but whats with all these women saying they have had friends that have had normal periods during thier pregnancy? Do you have any idea what a period is? its the shedding of the inner wall of your uterus. if u were pregnant than the baby would not be able to survive this. my only problem with these women saying they had normal periods while pregnant is that they are mistaking a "period" with implantation bleeding or other forms of bleeding. when u post comments on this website and say that u have had friends or u yourself have had periods while pregnant people read this and become confused. not all women reading these comments want to be pregnant. some women are tring to find out possibilities that they are not pregnant. i know it doesnt seem like a big deal to call any form of bleeding a "period" but when a "period" is the last clue to tell you your not pregnant, than all of a sudden we can take off the "   "
on period and start understanding that a period is a lot different from just any "bleeding."
thank you for reading this comment and by all means if anyone can prove that a period is possible while being pragnant scientificly and medically i will be happy to repost another comment stating my lack of knowlege and ignorance to this matter....
thank u for your time.
Ya i'm one of those ppl that hoping i'm not pregnant. My period seems to be around 6 days late. i have the cramps and everything but i'm still very worried that i am. if i am i should be 3 or 2 weeks pregnant since my research found that the ovary comes out 14 days before your period. I'm totally lost and confused since i did get my period.
I think that periods during pregnancy can happen. I think that it shouldn't be said that it's not normal, but a rare case. It may not happen often, but we learn new things about the human body on a regular day to day basis. Like when a woman truly believes that she's pregnant, to the gaining weight, all the way to the lactating of the breasts, but the woman later on finds out that she was never pregnant to begin with. The uman body has been own to do many wonderous and undocumented things. Yes, it should be reported to the OB/GYN. To be on the safe side everything should be reported to the right doctors. ANything is possible in these years and many more to come. I feel that we're gonna hear more rare experiences in the future. It's just that others don't want to talk about it all that much because they feel it's out of the ordinary and they sometimes get told that it never happens. Like I said before, when it comes to the human body, anything is possible.  
I am so scare from losing my baby. I am pregnant 5 weeks and 5 days and yesterday i just got a normal period (heavy period). I bleed a lot. I when to the hospital and i being told to go to an ultrasound. I went.  The baby seems ok, but i might need to come back in 2 weeks because the baby is too small it's hard to tell. Then i went home. later i didnt feel good so i went to the washroom and i saw a big pressure of blood coming out. Now, i am scare of losing my baby. What was the point to go the hospital even they dont know if it is normal. I dint have this kind of problem with my first baby. She is 1 year old. I need to know if this is normal??????
Im one that thinks she might be pregnant too.  i have all the symptoms, except for the fact that I have had what seems to be a regular period for the past 2 months - complete with cramping, clotting, regular heaviness, etc.  If I was pregnant I would be a little over 2 months along.  I dont know if the bleeding Ive experienced could just be breakthrough bleeding or implantation bleeding since it had my normal clotting!  Any ideas?
i have just been rummaging round my house, i found an old pregnancy test, that at the time that i did it was negative, i have just looked at it and it amazingly is possitive. I havent really had symptoms apart from a little sickness. And also i am still bleeding regulary, but my periods seem to have skipped from a 28 days exactly cycle to a 32 day cycle in the past 2 months. I havent the faintest idea weather i am expecting. Can anyone shed any light on this for me.
If you looked at the pregnancy test after the recommended time (usually about 10 minutes) then it can very well read a positive. You need to read it within the recommended time. Maybe you should do another test and this time read it in the given time. Goodluck for whichever way you want it to be!
I am worried that I might be pregnant.  The only problem is that if I were I would be between week 19 and 20 and I have yet to gain any weight or feel any movement.  I have been experiencing what seems to be a fairly regular menstural cycle, however recently I have began to lactate.  Is pregnancy a possibility or am I over reacting?  Might someone be able to clear things up for me?
Hi I'm new and I am 26 with a 6 year old son. I believe I am pregnant as well but I have been bleeding. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I have not missed a period but my periods have been odd and I'm a tick tock on time girl. My breast have been leaking a white fluid similar to milk.  My stomach has grown out some inches and my pants are getting hard to button. I can feel something moving in my stomach all the time. I know it feels like a baby moving because I have been pregnant before. At first I thought I had breast cancer because of my breast leaking but since I have the bigger belly and the movements i believe I'm pregnant. So I am going to have an ultrasound done on the 31st. I am due to have my next period tomorrow and I'm pretty sure it's not coming. So on the 31st I will post and let you guys know if you can bleed during your pregnancy.
im a 17 year old girl and i recently had unprotected sex with more then one boy, try not to think badly of me guys. but i am really paranoid that i will be pregnant and not realise, i have had periods and they have been regular, however some of these women seem to have had regular ones aswell, should i get checked and how far gone do you have to be to not be able to have an abortion?
Hi, I'm 24 years old and I too have been experiencing some pregnancy like symptoms. On Oct. 6, 2007, I had unproductive sex but he didn’t come inside me. He came on the floor and without him wiping himself off or anything of that nature, we started right back up again. So, since then, I’ve been feeling nauseated, having lower stomach cramps, headaches, and lower backaches. I’m also having my normal periods. I took one home pregnancy test and it came back negative. Also, I took a blood test and that as well came back negative. The doctor told me that cause I was on my period while I took the blood test is probably why the results were negative. I’m still having my symptoms and it seems like they are getting worse. Two weeks ago, I was at a club and was feeling fine. Around 2ish, I began to feel nauseated. I didn’t have anything to drink. The next day, I felt the same way. Christmas morning, I was eating breakfast and felt my mouth warming up. This past Saturday, I felt nauseated once again. Sunday morning was the first time I actually threw up. After I threw up, my stomach was hurting some kind of bad. I was wondering if anyone is experiencing something similar. Also, if there are women who’ve had a regular period while they were pregnant, could you please share your stories?  
i am 20 years old and i have had an irregualr cycle for the past 3 months...my period is always on time in the past...the 25th through the 28th (not to brag but i got a three day cycle!!) every month but these last couple months it is exactly 2 days early. in nov. my period was the 13th-15th dec. it was the 9th-11th and this month it started today (the 7th) and will be gone by the 10th...i have have tender breats and they are heavy and they hurt sooo bad and i have been so nauseous, back aches terrible headaches and my belly aint lookin nice either and im a pretty skinny person. i have every symptom of pregnancy and i took a preg test but the test is always coming back inconclusive because the doc said i have a bladder infection (another possible sign of pregnancy) does a PROFESSIONAL maybe kno what the heck os goin on wit my body??? please help a sista out!!
I don't think badly of you. We've all been seventeen before. I don't really think you have anything to worry about. I have been pregnant seven times, so I know what I'm saying. I would probably get checked anyhow, just to be safe. But not so much for pregnancy, but for std's. You should really be careful out there. It's not safe anymore. It's kinda like playing Russian Rullette when it comes to having unprotected sex. 1 in 2 people have something. As far as the pregnancy thing goes, if you had sex before your period you should be fine. Most women ovulate 14 days after their period for five days, being more fertile on days 4 and 5. So, do the math. If you think it was on one of those days, you better get a test done. Good luck and be careful. Tarp the load!
Deevochic69
I'm not sure I understand the pregnancy test part. Does it come back negative or is it a bad test, which is when the line that tells you that the test worked doesn't show up. It is important because it can change my answere. I will just tell you what has been going on with me. I hope it helps.
My periods are always 28 days apart and7 days long. In October, my period was 8 days late. In November, my period was 16 days late. So I had blood work done to see if I was pregnant. I wasn't. In December, I took a pregnancy test 2 days before my period and it came out negative. My period came right on time in December.Well, on January 8; which was a week after my period was over; I just felt pregnant. I have been pregnant seven times so I know what being pregnant feels like. Although, my period was just over; I took a test anyhow. It was positive before it even finished going across the bar. So, needless to say, I was bleeding during my pregnancy. It felt like a normal period, with cramps and everything. I bled for seven days like usual too. I don't understand it, but I am indeed pregnant. So the only thing I can tell you, is to get checked by an obgyn. Well, good luck and I hope my story helped.
Deevochic
Hey guys,

I've been having some issues here with pregnancy.

I'm 18 years old,
I just moved to Texas all the way from Massachusetts to live with my fiancee.

Well, we've been having unprotected sex pretty much every night to every other night for about 6 weeks now since I arrived here on the 26th of November.
Only because we've been talking about trying to get pregnant for several months now.

But in November, my period came on the 27th or 28th.
Which is totally understandable because I'm aware of the 2 weeks after your period thing. lol.

So anyways.
My last period came the day after Christmas, the 26th.

It was off though.
Because I'm usually a really heavy bleeder just like my mother, and it lasted a lil over 7 days.

Well this one only lasted about 3-4.

When it first started, it was very very light, only enough to see when I whiped.
And it was off and on. Wasn't steady at all.
And the cramping was horrendous... to the point where for the entire 4 hours the cramping was going on, pretty much the whole time I was lying in bed crying... that's how much it hurt.
And that's never happened to me before.
But for the rest of the time, never cramped once.

Then the second day, it got heavier.
Not ANTHING like my normal period, but there was a slight bit of clotting.
Which had me thinking, because I dunno if it's possible to clot a lil bit when bleeding during a pregnancy.

The the third day, it was back to the light bleeding on and off game.

And then the rest was just so light I didn't have to wear any sort of pantie liners or pads because it was only there when I wiped and it was a very light pink, almost peach.

The other day, I put my fingers on my lower stomach and pressed down, and it felt alot firmer in the area between my belly button and crotch [[sorry if TMI]]... I can actually feel the definition of SOMETHING in there, I'm not sure if it's just muscle or something, as to before then, it was just mushy and soft.

I can't drink anything, even just a sip, without having to run to the bathroom about an hour later to pee.

Food seems to be going right through me, like I'll eat, then a couple hours later, I'm starving like I never ate before. lol.
Whereas before I could eat a small meal, and stay full for very long amounts of time.
And I REALLY hope I'm not just becoming a tubby lumpkins. lol.

I've been getting pretty stange headaches this past week or so, maybe 2 weeks.
New Years was pretty bad. Like I was driving to a friends' party for the Eve w/ my fiancee, and I got so light headed, and tired. My eyes felt like they were about to pop out my head, and my ears felt like that pressure you get when you're on a plane high up.

Food I used to love makes me wanna gag now.

I randomly get nauseas and I can't tell if it's just cuz I'm hungry or what...

Reall weird stuff.

I dunno if I'm just freaking out cuzza the possibility I might be, or if it's the real dun deal this time.

Help someone?

Hi,my name is iesha annnnnnnd im 16 i've had unprotected sex with 2 guys(not around the same time though)the first guy i had sex with him in sept 2007.he told me he nutted in me..i was shock to hear,bcuz i had a boyfriend at that time,an he always used protection with me so in oct.i had a little bit of symptoms like sleeping a little regular but i also had my period during sept an oct,but then so if i was pregnant by the first boy which was in sept.i was to be 18weeks,but now i met this other boy in nov 2007.he also nutted in me like 3 or 4times the same time we were having sex,he was saying that that hes nutting in me..at that time i didnt care becuz it felt really good(not to offend anyone)so i let him keep going so after a wk later i think i had a period during those months i had regular periods but in dec i started to get plenty of symptoms iam sleepy waaaaaaay more i began to use the bathroom alot,when i eat a big plate of food i g back for a next one,becuz me not being fat an skinny i hated to eat a lot of food now i eat up the whole house,my stomach hurts mor regular and at the end of dec of 2007 i've gained a huge amount  of weight..so much that everyone has been asking me if im pregnant i tell them idk..becuz i really dont no...my face got really fat an this happen so sudden cuz one min my face a regualr size next min it blew up..like it growed overnight or something this stuff is really freaking me out..an i no i couldnt have gained so much weight in 2 or less then 2 months thats freakin strange yo..during sept i took a pregnancy test it came out neg..and during this month i took another one it came out neg..i dont no what to do or say but now my period just came on lastnight(jan22,2008)just a regular period..when i had gained weight my stomach also gained a lotta weight i cant fit none of my pants/shorts nomore my shirts even getting smaller i just dont understand...some ppl say i even look pregnant my grandma was one of those ppl who say i look pregnant,an some pll say wit me face getting so fat that it would be a girl..i really hope iam becuz the last person i did it with says he want a child an i also wants a child but i really want to kno wat u guys think of this

please some one help me so if iam i can start telling ppl an pushing out my stomach...lol..an acting all that
Hey.
  okay like ive had un protected sex a week before my period was suppose to come and the next week it did not come on but eventually it did...is this a real period?  
hi i am a 26 year old that is new to sex and i need some help.  my boyfriend and i are very inexperence where sex is concerned.  we both started late in life having sex. i started when i was 24 and he when he was 25. he is now 27 any ways thats not the issue on hand.  we had unprotected sex after 5 days of me having my period and i think... not sure ... think that i am pregnant. i have had the stomach cramps the constrant going to the bathroom. the thing is i dont know how it feeds to be pregnant but it has been a month now and i am having movment in my stomach.   this is the part that bothers me... my period is right on time and as normal as can be. i don't what to do a pergnancy test because i think i have the result. but i have the movement in my stomach still.....what to do....?   i have not told my boyfriend he don't want any children yet and i  do.    
I am experiencing something so strange to me. I have two daughters 5 and 3 so I know what its like to be pregnant. I know what ya'll are saying about bleeding the first month of pregnancy its to get rid of old blood, man women mistake this as a period when infact its not. Ok so I have been trying to get pregnant for the last couple months and nothing. I never had my period so heavy before. My period has never came earlier than it should always late. i was suppose to get my period the 7th today or tomorrow on the 8th I got my period 2 days ago and its so heavy. I am sure I am not pregnant but its pissing me off that this is happening.

Why if ya'll aren't knowing your pregnant or not why don't ya'll take a test and then write a post about it??? so that more people can help you? I wish I was pregnant like most of ya'll are. I am only 23 and therefore I know nothing is wrong with my eggs plus I have had every test done to see if anything was happening inside of me or going on that I should be concerned about and still nothing. So I don't know what is going on.
I am a 24 year old female, I am married and my husband and I have been trying for almost 4 yrs to get pregnant. I have missed my period before for up to 3-4 days, this time it was a week late. It has never been that late before in my entire life. The problem is I have taken 2 HP tests and both have came back negative, I just yesterday started bleeding. At first it was a very faint pink color and so light that it only showed when I wiped. Today it is a bright red and a heavier flow then last night. I am scared to death that I might be losing the baby that we've been trying for, and I am not sure how to go about this, because I am bleeding not spotting and yet I still feel pregnant. Over the last 2 weeks I have had probably every symptom know to pregnancy except morning sickness. I get very sick to my stomach through out the day but do not vomit. I've been eating like a cow, drinking water like its going out of style, craving chocolate which is something I DO NOT EAT!, and most of the foods i love seem to make me sick lately.  Could anyone with an Open mind give me some opinions on this matter? I would really appreciate it.
ok im really worried i havent had a period since jan 25th then i started getting very sore breasts  being sick peeing all the time and eating like theress no tommorow and also feeling so tired and restless after my period was a week late i did a test it came bk negative so thought oh well but sypmtoms started getting worse so on thu i went to see my doctor who took a urine test wich i wont find out the results till 12 this afternoon but last night i started bleeding really heavy  but not like my normal period the blood was very very light in colour and no clotting  i called nhs 24 but they said they couldnt give me any advise till i find out today ? i am so worried and havnt slept a wink pleases some 1 help me
You say you didin't want to come off rude but you really did.  If you are not a doctor or have scientific proof that a cycle can not occur then i think you should not have made the comment you made.  From experience i know that it is possible to have a regular cycle during pregnancy.  Also you can not determine for someone else what they feel is a regular cycle because in my regular cycle i don't cramp nor bleed heavy.  And a baby's placenta only occupies one side of the uterus so the other side can shed especially if the person has had previous hormone problems like HPV or any cervical cancers or cancer period for that case.
I hope you take in consideration the things that you say next time before you say them because when you speak before you know facts it can confuse things.
And to all the one who are having cycles and think they might be pregnant and don't want to be pregnant learn how to protect yourself and you won't have this problem.
i am 18 years old and i have been having unprotected sex with the same guy since april 3rd...a few weekz later i began to get sick (just a little in the morning and in the afternoon) especially while brushing my teeth (of all times lol). i also started getting headaches and backaches. i didnt think n e thing of it just maybe i was a lil dehydrated..but when i said something to him he went and got me a test this was i want to say this was like on the 20sumthin of april but it was neg. my last period was around march 12th...BUT i just started bleeding on the 1st or so i dnt know if i still need to be worried or if i should jus let it go b/c i dont want or need any lil onez right now i just joined the army reserves and i am going to college soon but i dont want to hurt a baby either....

o yea and i was on the shot for about a year and i got off in june or july of 07 this shouldnt still b an issue shud it?
It is possible to have "period-like" symptoms. I did the 2nd month I was pregnant and not the first. I have a bi-cornuate uterus (2 sided).. One side the baby was on, and the other was like a normal uterus (Why I was having a period). But unfortunately not long after I started bleeding I was miscarrying.

Also... a lot of women don't know their pregnant and miscarry because it is so early and there are different kinds of miscarriages. After a woman miscarries the next period she has is very heavy like after you would actually have a child. I hope that helps y'all out some what. :)
I had no problems with bleeding the first two full term pregnancies. But number 3 was a nightmare! Bled at the 6 week, 10 week and 14 week time. The 14 week was a hemorrhage which ended up in hospital.(Baby was quite content and merrily going along there in the womb totally oblivious to everything!) The doctor explained that sometimes the babies hormones are not enough to suppress a period even though the pregnancy continues. The amniotic sac at these early stages is not totally covering the entire uterus so shedding of the endometrium can happen. He told me that it is more common than people realise. Just that people have  never met anyone with the problem. Not really something people talk about usually in idle conversation!
I was not necessarily "trying" to get pregnant but was not "preventing" either for about 3 months. I am a happily married woman for 9 years and have 3 children already. My husband and I never really felt "finished" with the baby making so thought we'd sort of just let the chips fall where they may at this point, LOL  I did do PG tests each month, all negatives plus I would have a very heavy regular period as normal and right on time each month which lasted 5-7 days...as "normal"! Month 3, I did not start my period on time so 2 days later I took a PG test which to our delight was Positive. Went to Dr., everything was confirmed and I was just over 4 weeks PG!  
Right from the start this pregnancy did not feel "normal" like my other 3 pregnancies. I was not tired or sick or dizzy, nothing. I was boasting to everyone, LOL! Then it hit all of a sudden and I feel SUPER tired/fatigued and so queasy, more than my other 3 pregnancies.
2 days ago I went to my Dr. The visit was going great until he felt my belly. He said at 10 weeks he may not quite be able to feel the uterus yet at this point, that it should barely be to the top of the pubic bone...I said "oh, yes you will"! To his surprise my uterus was measuring about 4-5 inches above the pubic bone, maybe only 2-3 inches down from my bellybutton. I am a thin person and this was felt quite prominently. He of course immediately thought I was waaaaay off on my dates. I told him that I am with out a doubt 100% positive the day of my last period, right down to the hour. Then he asked me if TWINS are in my family..."yes they are".
So...now it's the question of did I have a what seemed to me as a very normal period during the first month of my pregnancy and I am 4 weeks further along than I thought (remember though, all my negative PG tests) or am I carrying twins!!!!! My ultrasound is not for another 10 days and this is driving me absolutely crazy!
I am 38 years old and I have read that women 35 and old, women with fluctuating hormones (I do) and women with several children already are more likely to release more than 1 egg each month, hence the higher likelihood of conceiving twins!!!!
Any input, thoughts, opinions or stories of a similar nature would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!  
i dont really know what to say/ do.
my name is Lisa-jane
I'm 26 and for a little over a month, Ive been having pregnancy symptoms, Ive also gone up a size in my clothing and bra. but the pregnancy test kept coming up negative. (Ive done 3)
my periods are usually 7/8 days long, but have only lasted for around 3/4 days.
my Ex partner and i sleep together weekly, (unprotected) but he pulls out at the last possible minute, then we get going again.

i want to do another test... but i dont know if i should.

if im havig all the simptoms... than could i be pregnant??? i just dont know.
IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO BE OREGNANT, AND STILL BE EXPERIENCING A REGULAR PERIOD. I HAVE A 2 YR OLD DAUGHTER, AND I AM 13 WKS PREGNANT WITH MY SECOND BABY. WITH MY DAUGHTER, I HAD A NORMAL PERIOD UP TO THE FOURTH MONTH OF PREGNANCY WITH HER. THIS TIME, I'VE HAD ONLY ONE SO FAR. IT ALARMED ME I BOTH PREGNANCIES, SO CONCERNED, I WENT TO THE DOCTOR. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME, AND SO FAR, MY CHILDREN ARE VERY HEALTHY. I KNOW IT WAS A REGULAR PERIOD, BECAUSE IT WAS THE SAME AS IF I WASNT PREGNANT, AND BECAUSE MY DOCTOR CONFIRMED IT. IT JUST HAPPENS TO SOME WOMEN, AND SOME WOMEN JUST DONT HAVE ENOUGH HORMONES IN THEIR BODY YET. IT IS BECOMING MORE, AND MORE COMMON SO INSTEAD OF PEOPLE SAYING IT ISN'T A PERIOD, OR U DONT THINK IT IS POSSIBLE, TALK TO A DOCTOR AND CHECK YOUR FACTS BECAUSE THERE ARE PLENTY OF OMEN SUCH A MYSELF WHO EXPERIENCE NORMAL PERIODS DURING THEIR PREGNANCY.
YES YES YES, You CAN have a very normal period through your entire pregnancy.  It is not commom but does happen.  My mother was 4 months pregnant with me before she found out.  She had heavy periods and clotting as well.  What made her go to the Dr. was that she was gaining alot of weight and becoming ill on a regular basis.  The doctor told her she had a ovarian infection and gave her meds to cure it.  The meds didn't help so she went back to another dr. who further tested her and found out she was very pregnant.  Two months later she had a baby (very prematurely) but fortunately the good lord gave this baby a chance in life.
I also have a sister in law who had her normal period throughout of 3 of her entire pregnancies.   So yes it can happen.                    
spotting is normal. but you cannot have a period. your body doestn release eggs while pregnnat .
i had spotting at five weeks and my doctors said its okay. but she said if my spotting turns into real bleeding then i should call her right away cause thats miscarrying.
HI i was supposed to get my period on july 24 but didnt and me and my partner did things on the 20  i took a pregnancy test on july 26 and came out positive! but got my period aug 4 is it normal or should i take it as a period and not go to the doctor and get a blood test or should i still go?
i had unprotected sex with my partner on july 23-26. my last period before that was around july 7 so i think i was ovulating during the week we had sex. we used the pull out method but there is still precum.  my period came early morning of aug 16 and was about 8 days late. the first day started out light pink and barely there, second day was red and heavy, then the third day it was brownish red and barely there again. at first i thought this was implantation. i took 2 pregnancy tests prior to my period, both were negative so i figured i would wait til after the implantation to take another one. we were ok with me being pregnant, but now im confused because im never that late and i had pregnancy symptoms for 2 weeks and still had them during my period, am i pregnant?
I tried for 15 years to become pregnant, having 4 miscarriages and multiple IVF's. After my last miscarriage my Dr. said due to D&C scars blocking my tubes I shouldn't even try so we didn't. After feeling exhausted and having so much sickness I thought I would die I took a preg test on April 1 for an april fools kinda joke. It was positive!! I couldn't believe it. What was really unbelievable was that the last time I had sex was in December of the previous year! I had bled heavy like a period (clots and everything) Jan and Feb and lighter in Mar. Because of the bleeding I never thought to take a test early and I was 15 weeks along before I found out. You can bleed and still be pregnant!!! Whether you call it a period or just say bleeding is really just symantics to most. If you think your preg take a test!!!
I've been reading all these posts and I am just looking for opinions. I am 35 years old, married sice I was 19(15 1/2 years) and have 4 children(one set of twins), the youngest being 10. My husband had a vasectomy 10 years ago. I know from research that a man's body can and will heal itself if given the chance. Here's my issue:
I have had consistent regular periods since I was 14. I can actually plot a year's worth of periods on my calendar ahead of time and hit everyone on the day. That's how consistent I've been for 20 years. I started a period on June 30th, which was 2 days late. Very unusual for me, but I passed it off. The 16th, I had some pink staining when I wiped but I passed that off as well. About 2 weeks later, I began getting nauseous. I have had morning sickness with all of my pregnancies, I know what it feels like! I also get food aversions and started vomiting when I cooked one of my known aversions-hamburger. But, I did start my period on the day I was supposed to.(July 24) However, instead of it being normal(which for me is one day medium, next very heavy, next light, then done)I bled 1 1/2 days medium to light. Then nothing. Have every pregnancy symptom but missed period. Still, passed it off as my body being wacky. Started next period exactly when I was expecting.(August 19) Again, a 1 1/2 day period.  No heavy bleeding at all. 1/2 barely needed a pad. Have felt fullness in pelvic area since mid-july. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and all have been negative. But, my instinct says it's a possibility. Besides going to OB/GYN, does anybody have any advice? Appointment is already scheduled. I'm just looking for a way to talk this out. Husband would be very supportive,and we have always been prepared for the chance of more children. Almost like he expects it to happen. Oh, and I should include that with my first two pregnancies I did have a period the first month. Thanks for letting me get this out!
i am 15
i have been having unprotected sex for 8 months
ive been having my period a few days late every time
but last time it was 2 weeks late!!!
i think i may be pregnant but i dont know
ive taken one test and it came out negative but the posative line was very slightly filled in. so it threw me off. if i am pregnant i would only be one month. for that time i have been having random sharp pains in my stomach. and ive felt very dizzy and fatigued.
i need to know if that is normal during pergnancy.
please respond with any little bit of knowledge you have.
it would be a huge help! thank you.
Any positive mark means your hcg level is high, which means you are pregnant. If you are still having these symptoms, go to your parents or a doctor ASAP! The sharp pains could be the stretching of your abdomen, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, breast tenderness, all signs of pregnancy.
Reading all of these posts made me dizzy.
I cannot believe the amount of young girls out there having unprotected sex with multiple partners. Don't you have any respect for yourselves?
GET ON  BIRTH CONTROL AND USE A CONDOM. Better yet, stop having sex at the age of 15.
Do you girls really think you are ready to have babies???
I was looking for help but I think I'm more confused than helped. Thanks for the few personal testimonies of periods with pregnancy. It's not easy to go thru something you know its not normal and talk about it. Thanks again for sharing. Well, my story is long. I'm married with one baby, and trying for a second one. we made love 2 days before I ovulated early in july. the following week, I started having cramps. Around the time I should have gotten my periods I had very mild periods, more like brownish discharge. This lasted for 1 1/2 days. Then few pregnancy symptoms continued. All HTPs came back negative. I went and got an ultrasound two weeks later and it showed that I had fluid in the uterus. My Obgyn told me to wait for 2 weeks coz there was no telling if that was not the baby forming. One day before my scheduled visit, I had a lot of pain and started bleeding. An ultrasound the following day showed no fluid, no baby.

And now, since the last time I ovulated, I have been having mild cramps and nausea. I had my periods about a week ago which lasted about 2 days instead of 5, but the cramps and nausea are still there. I have mild headaches every now and then. I've also become quite emotional, getting angry quite often. I'm trying to excuse all these symptoms coz I don't want to go thru what I went thru last time. I also  don't want to tell my friends coz I don't want them to think I'm making things up coz I want to be pregnant. I also don't want to test coz of the disapointment of getting a negative result, when you are experiencing all these awful things. I've heard there are women who will test negative even up to when they are 3 months pregnant. So can you please understand me? I know I may sound like I can't be helped but anyone who has an opinion, or can reasure me, I would really appreciate.
First of all im afraid of BC because i heard it could possibly cause sterility
and i have no way to get condoms :(
if i could i would use them. And ive only had sex with one guy
just cuz im not a virgin doesnt mean i have no repect for myself.
the pains decreased but i have yet to start my period
im getting really nervous. i dont know what i would do if i was pregnant
my only options would be keep it or give it up for adoption
i've had like little spots of blood
i thought they might have been my period but now i dont know what they are
its been going on for about a week and a half.
You would think that if so many women are reporting to be having periods durning pregnancy, that SOMEONE would be looking into this. I for one would like to know... I have been bleeding for 3 weeks straight now. Not normal either. It's REALLY light and either pink or brown. I'm starting to look pregnant & my boobs are getting bigger and hurt. If it wasn't for the fact that I was bleeding I would almost bet my life that I'm pregnant, but I'm just not sure.Ive heard of it happening to so many people, including my sister. So maybe we could admit that there are many things we still just don't know about our own bodies. Because if one day down the road someone discovers that yes some people do have periods during pregnancy then your going to feel pretty stupid & set in your ways. There's no changeing the fact that it's happening to some people. If it happened to you there's no way you could accept the fact that it's "just not possible" So to anyone who has had this happen to them please e-mail me. I've never been pregnant before. I'm sure that I am but what do I know? I'd like to hear from someone who's been there. Such as what were your periods like? Were they light? Brown? Did you get a positive pregnancy test while bleeding? How long were they? Did you have a normal pregnancy? How did you find out if you were bleeding? My e-mail is ***@**** I would appreciate any answers anyone is willing to give.
<3 Mel
I just found out there is something called Decidual Bleeding during the first trimester of pregnancy you can read more about it at http://www.pregnancy-info.net/comp_periods_pregnancy.html

If your bleeding is exreamly heavy or has lasted for more than two days and you are pregnant you should go to the dr. and get checked out.
Hi, I am 34 years old and trying to conceive.  Last year, I had a D&C done because they could not find a heart beat of my baby.  It was a very sad experience for me.  I been trying to get pregnant since then with no luck.  I have been getting my periods reguarly, but this month has been different.  Last month and this month, my period first started like brownish, then it came regular.  This month I was cramping quite a bit, I even took Motrin IB for the pain.  I been feeling nausated and tired.  I eat more and I want to sleep more.  I have also notice that my belly is larger.  I have take HP test but they are negative.  Any suggestions if I am pregnant or not?

Hi I'm 17 years old and i'll be turning 18 this spring. My ex-boyfriend and I started hangingout these past 2 months and we ended up fooling around where one night it got to the point where we were going to have sex but, he couldnt fit so he stayed on the outside even though he tried to get it in. But, I was due to my period a week later and never received it.
But, the next week i ended up lossing my virginity to this guy and we werent protected. And he did come inside of me and outside. But, its been a week and a half almost 2 weeks and Ive been getting lower back pains, tired than normal. Idk but i feel different and i gotten wait around my belly. But, one nite i had an energy drink that had alcohol in it. And without thinking i took acouple sips. But, the next day I had my period and its wired cuz im not usualy due till the 25th. And todays the 12th? But, its not a normaly period..Its not steady and its been very light and spotting all day. Idk If i am pregnant but then i wonder but why am i having a period? and why is unregular?
ME AND MY BOIFRIEND HAVE HAD UN PROTECTED SEX FOR THE PASSED FOUR MONTHS. THE LAST THREE  MONTHS I HAVE EXPREIENCE PREGNANCY LIKE SYMPTOMS. SORE BACK WEIGHT GAIN, ILLNESS. SO I WENT TO THE DOC AND HAD A PREG. TEST DONE AT THE CLINIC IT CAME BACK NEGITIVE. TWO WEEKS LATER MY PERIOD CAME A WEEK EARLY AND I ONLY HAD IT FOR ONE DAY. WHICH IS VERY ODD I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN AND I STARTED GETTING MY PERIOD WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG AND IT HAS COME ON THE SAME DAY EVERY MONTH. WHEN MY NEXT PERIOD WAS DUE  IT WAS THREE DAYS LATE. SO I TOOK A HOME PREG. TEST IT CAME BACK INCONCLUSIVE. ON JAN 25, 2009 I GOT MY PERIOD AGAIN TWO DAYS LATE. IT ONLY LASTED THAT DAY BUT NOW I AM SPOTTING AND IM STARTING TO FEEL MOVEMENT IM TAKING ANOTHER TEST TOMORROW MY FRIEND WHO JUST HAD A BABY IS FAIRLY CONFIDENT THAT IM PREGNANT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK. IM WORRIED AND SCARED IVE HAD MISCARRAGES BEFORE AND THEY SUCK. WISH ME LUCK
Well lets see im 18 years old me and my boyfriend live together and frequently have sex never gone more than a week without he has neer pulled out nor am i on birth control nor so we use protection, now ive had 3 boyfriends since i was 14 years old and have had unprotected sex and guys always *** in me well ive never gotten pregnant nor really ever thought i was i barely miss my period if anything im always on it, anyways i never thought i could even concieve (conceive) a kid because what are the chances but the doctor told me last year i could.

Me and my boyfriend both dont care if we have kids but know that we really are not ready for them either. Well we have had sex before and after my period for a while now but i have been getting my period and stuff so i never thought anything well recently my boobs just started growing and they are so sore i cant even run without holding them, i gained weight, i get these bad cramps and almost like pain lower than my stomach below the craps like they would be ovary pains it feels different than cramps, I dont have any morning sickness or anything but i never get sick like that anyways and its not common in my family
well basically i have mood swings everything.
Every symptom you see and can have during pregancy except nausia, cravings and morning sickness. Except i have been realizing i like to eat alot more and i like to eat foods i never would eat before.
Well last night i got a spot of pink blood so i put a tampon in and pulled it out today and there was a tiny spot but no blood like a period would have and that has honest never happened in my life before, then today i came to work and it wasnt till the middle of the day i started bleeding then i put a pad down there and it had like no blood on it like it jsut stopped then i went back a couple hours later to pee which i didnt notic but see myself doing alot lately and then it started heavy i havent checked agian but, can i be pregant? should i take a test still even tho i am bleeding? i dont know what to do everythin thinks im pregant and i dont even say anything people were saying things before i even noticed i had the symptoms because i would complain alot and they noticed, so what should i do, i really dont have money for the doctor right now and i dont want to buy a test to find out its negative do u think it will be negative? and a waste of time someone please help
I been trying 2 get pregnant for 2yrs now... My period been coming on late it came on 1-31-09 n went back off that same day! It suppose 2 come on the 14th of dis month, but it have not came on yet.. I feel sick all the time, I've been eating more, I sleep alot and it hurts wheneva I touch my breast etc.. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME??????????  
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past few months. My cycles have been 29 days long. The last time we tried was in January. I did have my period on January 27th, normal in lenght, right time, it wasn't anything like implantation bleeding (I already have a son). We didn't try in February (no sex), and I was expecting my period on February 25th. Now it's March 2nd, and still no sign of period. I did a HPT yesterday (March 1st), and it was negative. Even after all that, can I still be pregnant?  What might be happening?
I was on birth control for about ten months, then i got married and my insurance changed and i was off birth control for january of this year, but started it again in feb. I went had be back on for about a week, and then I went to see my husband and we had sex many times that weekend. I came back home and started bleeding two days after. my period wasn't supposed to come for two to three weeks, and this bleeding seemed like a normal period. . . and lasted about eight days. I then took a pregnancy test the day after i stopped bleeding but, still before my actual period was supposed to arive. the test came back negative...is there a chance i could still be pregnant?
I need some advice or help.  Today was my day to sleep in and my hubby was going to take our son to school, well I had to use the bathroom because its the morning and who does not have to pee in the morning.  Well lets rewind just a bit I found out that i am pregnant and we actually just lost a baby at the end of December. My dr said that it would be all right to try again after my cycle. Well we did and it worked:) but anyways back to today....I went to the bathroom and i had some bleeding.  I was freaked out because of what has happened before and I was living dejavu.  I went to the ER, and they did a pelvic exam and said that my cervix was nice and closed, they did a cath sample, and a inter vaginal ultrasound and a blood test.  According to my DR. my hcg count made me around 5 weeks 5 days along.  he said that he did see a "yolk" sak in my uterus. and the extra bleeding after this all was irritation of all the things that i had done today. I know that last time i had some major cramping and this time there is none. Does anyone have any advice for me? or does anyone know anything about this. I have to go back in on thursday for another hcg test.
hi i finished my period yester day bleeding stopped yesterday morning and it came back today an its gone now ???? i have sex every day unprotected wi my boyfriend im wi him over 2 years an wer trying for a baby iv been moody feeling sick cramps head aches backpain and always going to the toilet i also put a belly on but i got my periods ??? anyone help me out
hi i have been pregnant twice and im trying for a third so heres my case i skipped my period in may but my period comes at the beginning of june and it's light and usually it's heavy. since ive been pregnant before i know what pregnancy feels like but every pregnancy is different so anyway i've been feeling bloated, nausea, fatigue, headaches, and some light headedness what do you think does that read pregnant

oh yeah i took two home pt one before the irregular period which was negative and one one week after the irregular peiod which was negative what do you think help
hi every1, i am 18 yrs old and my boyfriend and i had sex for almost a month, like everyday but we had a condom. Sometimes the condom was slipping off but it never came totally off. We tried to be as careful as possible. But on the week my period was due, it came a little late. well i usually get my period 4 days earlier than normal but this time it was not only past my regular time but went over 28 days. But luckily i got my period 2 days after i thought i was pregnant and it was a regular period, not light or anything and lasted 5 days. But lately, now it has been a week after my period, i have gotten a lot of craps in my pelvic area, and i can feel the pain anytime i move. I have gotten lower back pain and i am a little bloated. Now i do Advanced Biology so i should no that there is no way i can be pregnant after a full blown period..but why do i still feel "pregnant" an why am i getting these pain? NOW I LIVE IN A LOW CLASS  country so i cant really get an off the counter pregnancy test + my parents cant even know that there is a chance that i might be pregnant as that will be trouble so the only way i can find out is my another period or perhaps monitor my belly growth but..can i get any help??? from u guys?
thanks for your post. you got me thinking i need to get a test. i was with someone when i ovulated in june, well ovulated june 15th, had sex june 16th. june 28th had a normal period thought nothing of anything. now july 7th i had sex but it wasnt ovulation time. in july all through july i started having insane headaches, every day migrane (migraine) headaches. enough that i went to to the doc and he gave me migrane (migraine) meds which i dont take, they make me sick. so i took a go to job. (usually work at home) and i had a really bad low blood sugar attack after a mad dash to the potty trying not to vomit. they let me go home cuz the low sugar attack was bad. im hypoglycemic, i have been getting bad nausea as well, i just thought it was from driving with my friend lol! also the headaches. then the blood sugar attacks got bad at the end of june, waking up shaking, hardly able to get out of bed to get sugar. its been awful. then aug 1st had cramps and started at 1am. aug 2nd it ended around 1opm or so, very light. so i had like a day and a half cycle with brown bleeding at the end. aug. 3 and still the heartburn hit, and also had a toilet bowl of rectal bleeding (SORRY TMI!) now still not thinking anything, aug 3 and now things are tasting funny, i threw stuff out cuz it made me gag and i thought it was bad. but today i threw out more stuff cuz its making me gag. today has been the worst so far, because the headache and nausea and dizziness have been in bad, and being tired. i spent most of my day in bed. i havent had any more blood in stools thank god. but even as i type this i feel like i just got off of a spinning ride at great america or a carnival, you know that motion sickness feeling. yesterday getting the heartburn has really made me wonder. oh ya my boobs feel heavy, they were a little bit irritated, but not bad, they just feel heavy, i had a little bit of cramping and alot of irritability. so im starting to wonder now if maybe i need to get a test. for awhile i was like i had 2 periods no way could i be pg. but after reading on here, and the symptoms im having i think i need to test. thanks for posting!!
im 15 and i havent had sex in 5 months going on 6. i've had normal periods and thought i was fine but also this summer my boobs grew like a size (i figured i was just developing more) and i gained 10 pounds (from being lazy and eating) but now i'm like a week late for my period and i just dont know..help??
Me and my husband have been trying to concieve (conceive) for  3 months...well we decided we were gonna put it on hold for a little while so i could go back to school. Well I had 2 pregnancy tests left over...something told me to take them..well Im on my period..and i just knew they would come back neg. cause the ones i took before this period were neg..i took them anyway cause i couldnt fight the urge lol..well they came back positive! How did that happen?? Im really lost and ive been searchin all nite on this comp for answers ive called docs and stuff and there just like thats odd...well were here if u need us..lol of course i cant get there cause my husband is at work..please if this has happened to anybody before and u had a healthy baby please tell me bout it so i can have a little hope...thank you
I am starting to worry now!

I started having menstrual-like cramping a weak before my period. I found this alarming as i never have cramps(or PMS symptoms). These were then replaced, 3 days later, by fluttering and twinges in my pelvic cavity and 1 coin sized spot on my liner on day 25 of my 28 day period(just one spot)and then nothing but pink discharge for the next 4 days until my period(which was 2 days late which is also strange as mine comes like clock work). Before AF came I took 4 hpt's and they were negative so naturally I put all thoughts of pregnancy away(due to -hpt's plus period). But the problem is that I am still experiencing all these symptoms(twinges/slight sharp pain were both side of my lower abdomen/pelvis cavity,fluttering feeling -like I am constantly hungry even when I have eaten,VERY bloated,slight headaches here and there,and constant need to sleep) even though my period came and has already stopped for 3 days.

I was really freaked out and started thinking that maybe something is seriously wrong with me and started trying to find out what could be wrong then came across this page and now I am even more confused! ANYBODY EVER EXPIRIENCE THIS? IF SO WHAT WAS YOUR DIAGNOSIS?

PS: I am 23 if that matters

So I'm a little bit worried at the moment and confused..I'm 19 years old and I was about 4 or 5 days late and I seemed to have all the symptoms of being pregnant..So I took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came out pregnant..but I just got my period today and it's heavy..So you can tell why I would be a bit lost..I told one of my friends about it and she told her mom and her mom said I should probably go to the doctor soon just in case it isn't a miscarriage..I really hope that isn't the case..but you never know..anyone have any ideas..I'd like to hear them..
im Sixteen years old and 2 weeks ago i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend.

I have been feeling really wierd,
sore breasts, bloating, things smell funny,
cramps, vomiting, wind and i am positive
in myself that im pregnant.

But i woke up thismorning with bleeding.
I can't tell it apart from my period except that
it was ten days early.

If this is a misscarige does it mean i
will misscarige when i try for a baby?

Otherwise, is it possible for me to still be pregnant?
Ladies who can't get pregnant  have you man checked theres prob something wrong with him. i have to things to say ladies why don't you try just to have for fun unstead of trying to get pregnant just pretend your young agian and your just having unprotected sex because you dont have condoms make something up. and 2 don't judge the young girls like 14 15 and 16 that are having sex. its not the 1900's no more its not a law if you don't get caught there just posting whats wrong because they have nobody else to go to so cut them some slack. girls having unprotected sex is way to worrysome unstead buy ultra thin condoms from trojan  they  feel pretty much the same way but u dont have to worry about stds or preg as long as its put on correctly. they also plan B its sold over the counter now the only prob you have to be 18 to buy it in most states. and just for the record you can't get your period and be pregnant because your period is sheding the lining of your uterus and the baby would die if that happened resulting to a misscarriage. Wrap IT BEFORE you tap it
Hi All !
My name is LaKesha and I am 9 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. I have always had my period every 23-25 days since I started when I was 13 yo. A missed period for me has always been a sure sign of pregnancy. I have never had any bleeding with my first 3. However, this time, I missed my period on Oct. 28th. took a hpt the same day and it was positive just like I knew it would be. Even went to the doc and it was confirmed.Then on Nov. 11, my period showed up. it was a normal flow; light-medium day one, heavy day 2, medium day three, progressively lighter and ending around day five. Stated going to the doc every 2 days for blood work since then. Progesterone was low, but still definitely pregnant! Well, Sunday was day 25 since my last period, and right on time, I started my period again on Monday. And I am still pregnant! i am also a pre-med student who has been in the medical field for 13 years. Ovulation is not necessary in order to have a period! This is called anovulation. Man has not even tapped the edge of what our bodies are capable of and there are many things that they just do not know. Medicine is not nor will it ever be , an exact science. There has always been the exception to the rule, and what's normal for one person may not be normal for another. Even every pregnancy for the same woman can be as differnt as the child that it brings forth Please remember that we are wonderfully and fearfully made. Created in God's image. What God say IS so.be blessed.
i got my period 2 time this month i stared the last month of november wich is the 30th i had stop my period on the 5th of december and i had made love on december 7th and i got my period this month on the 14th
I think I may be somewhere between 8 to 12 weeks pregnant. I had missed a period then a week before I was suppose to begin again I started on a 48 hour extremly light bleeding. I then proceeding by having some spotting on every morning but that was it for the rest of the day for the next 2 days. Then 29 days later which falls to the present I began to bleed a very watery base bright red color. It started to poor out. It then relaxed after a few hours and then it came on and off for the next few days. My breast are soar, I have headach, nausea, soar stomac, pressure on my uterus, my pants are hard to button, my belly seems swollen. I have aversion to types of food as a unusual liking to others. I am crabby and distant one moment then the next I am happy and cuddly. I am not sure what is happening to me. I have had two pregnancy before my son is turning 9 and my daughter is turning 6. Its been a while and I have seem to forget a few things. Please met me know if you have any idea. melanie.***@****... thank you
Hi Melanie

Go see your GP hon.  Bright red blood is never a good sign.  It COULD be break through bleeding but that is usually brown (old blood).  It could just be your uterus stretching/bleeding which sometimes happens, but just to rest your mind, go see your GP.  If your baby is not doing well, you will still have symptoms, sometimes for 4 weeks after baby has gone.

I wish you all the best, but please go get checked out.
This is my 8th pregnancy. I have had 3 miscarriages and 4 live births. This pregnancy again, has been complicated. I had two normal periods with this pregnancy and I do mean PERIODS. They were lighter and shorter however, they WERE periods. In my case, when I am not pregnant, my periods are very heavy and long therefore, when I get pregnant, my uterine lining is very thick and ends up shedding a portion. I think this may prove that a period while pregnant is possible in some cases. At  the moment, I am having my third period with this pregnancy. I am still gaining weight, nauseated, experienceing breast tenderness, fatique, and mild back aches. I have been to the doctor and my HCG counts are fine. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch however, this could be a successful pregnancy although miscarriages are in my history. I guess I have a 50/50 chance. I'll have to wait and see. If anyone else is also having the same experiences as I am, remember even though you may have had a period with other pregnancies and it is normal for you. Periods during pregnancies can be risky if it doesn't stop. It could go either way. SO be careful, don't lift heavy objects (or children), rest whenever possible, and just take it easy! Goodluck and God Bless!
help me please.im 6 weeks pregnant,im having what seems to be a normal period with cramps.but i also have a simple cyst that they found on the scan.i dont know what to do.they wont do me another scan they say im to small to tell.im 18 and had a surgical abortion last year cos i wasnt ready now i am,me and partner are very excited im just frightened im going to loose it.i want this baby more than anything,i dont have anyone to talk to that understands.please help me!!!
im concerned i dont know if im pregnant or not i had sex on feb. 6 my cycle comes on at the beginig of the month every month. i had a regular period in march and april...but its over a week late this month is it possible thar im pregnant?
Hi guys im a 17 yr old girl i have been havin sex with the same guy for over a year now, and april 17 i had my period but it started out rusty brown then very light. it lasted bout 4 1/2 days like normal i thought i was prego because i felt bloated afterwards still. i took two different types of prego test and they both were negative. now by the end of this wk my next period is due, but im still afraid because i cant tell if my bdy is playin tricks on my mind or if something is really wrong with me. someone shed a little info for me plz
idk if i am pregnant but im havin cramps and the first month i didnt have a period but the next month i had it but it wasnt as heavy as it regularly is and this month my period is three weeks late
Hi I'm a 19yr/old and was surprised when one day I reallised I was suposed to finish my period the day before. So i dis the at home test positve and the doctors blood work came back positive. But 2 days after I got my blood work done I started bleeding it was bright red and I had moderate cramps. I read up on the Internet about miscarages and thought for sure that's what it was all of my pregnancy symptoms disapeared that was at 6 weeks pregnant. It's 2 weeks later and some of my pregnancy symptoms are coming back. I'm so confused and scared I don't know what to do. It's hard for me to imagine that I blead for 5 days and my baby is still alive. Butresding all your stories has helped and I am definately going to my doctor asap. Thank you all:)
Hi im 19, never been pregnant before, but ive been feeling as if i am. I ve been feeling like I have to vommit but I just cant. Lower back pains and a few stomach cramps. i thought I was preganant until I got my "period" or is it a period? Im confused!
im 22 had unprotected sex then a normal period (full flow) 2 weeks after which was when my period is due but 5 days late and now no period after that and i got cramping and headaches. is it possible that i cud be preg
I love how everyone here takes this so seriously when not a single one of them claims an actual medical eduction...just to further the debate yes you can have a period in terms of shedding your uterine lining during pregnancy. Some women are different than others and you do not always shed the entire lining during pregnancy thus resulting in the "period during pregnancy" debate. it is a shedding of the uterine lining because you don't need all that old blood and tissue all the time. each baby positions differently. I have had it myself where I had a normally timed bleeding throughout the first 6 months of my pregnancy with my now 2 year old daughter. NO it's not normal in the sense that it is really friggen nerve wrecking to sit there and hope that you are not miscarrying and the doctors have no explanations for you but they do tell you that 1 in 4 women bleed regularly throughout the early stages of pregnancy. Just try not to stress yourself out by all the hype on here if someone here posted something that keeps you hoping than talk to that specific poster and don't worry about all the horror stories if you are fine there is no sense in stressing your self out because that just won't help and not to sound ruthless but if it is the worst and your doctors can't help you than it is pretty much a wait it out type deal. Don't be scared to go to the doctors and don't be scared to ask questions you may be embarassed about. It can only hurt you if you don't ask.
over a week now ive been having slight spotting, with one day of heaviness then it stopped completely, i was worried that i might be pregnant and having problems so i bought a pregnancy test, and it showed up a very very faint positive, at first i thought it was negative but then saw a very faded vertical line. then this morning i started bleeding heavy and cramping and i am very worried, because i was told if it was a miscarriage i'd have big clots and bad cramps, and ive been having small clots and moderate cramping like i'd have if i was on my period. its the weekend and i have no insurance and i cant go to the doctor, so i was wondering about some advice, should i take another test when the bleeding stops?
my period was 3 days late and it begin with pink,brownish bleeding but just a little bit for a panty liner,it was for 1 and a half day then normal period for four days then the brownish bleeding again.i have been feeling on and off pains in my lower stomach,backaches,serious headaches and very tired from the other day.by the way i am 18 and engage.can someone help a sis out,i would do well with a helper
by the way after the period when i sneeze i pee a little lol but just for a day
I last had unprotected sex with my boyfriend at the end of Sept.  I have had small on time periods, but small ones.  NOw I look like I may be showing.  Is there a chance I am pregnant?  My belly looks and feels unusual, but I have had periods-ish.
I have been on sesonquine birth control pill for 4months now its a pill that only allows you to have 4 periods a year 1 every 3months,  I had a light period the first month of taking it, and then i didn't have another one till i was suppost to, at the end of the third month, but it was very, very light and only lasted four days, it just didn't feel like a normal period to me.  Well i contuined taking the pills and about one week ago I started to feel movement in my belly, which i have two children so i know what baby movement feels like and this movement im having feels like a flutter.  So i stopped my birth control three days ago and i woke up this morning and im bleeding really heavy but i have no cramps, could i be pregnant cause im still feeling the movment, but im clotting and bleeding heavy but with no cramps, im so confused!!  HELP ME UNDERSTAND!
I've been having headaches, heartburns and my lower back hurts the last time I had sexual relationship was around 3 months ago so if i am pregnant i should have around 3 months but the problem here is that i took a pregnancy test around 8 weeks after i had sexual relationship and it came out negative. I had some kind of period this week but not that heavy as my last months it is kinda heavy but not that much i dont know if you get what i mean. If I'm pregnant it is not a miscarriage because I have already experienced a miscarriage :( and the bleeding is not the same. I don't know if all of this is happening because my husband is in jail and I have alot of stress being a mom and not having my husband to help me out and well the stress of school. what do you think could i have the chanse of being pregnant or its just stress ?
Help me please T.T I really want to know if i'm pregnant or not. I'm 18 years old, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex last month after my period. but he pulled it out before cumming. but i've been hearing that it's still possible to get pregnant because boys have pre-cums. so after a week, I got confused because i had cramps on my lower right, then it went to the middle. I have no period that time which is very confusing. so I searched the net about the symptoms. and cramping is one of the signs during pregnancy -_-
. and I'm often dizzy and have a headache (I don't know if that is because i'm pregnant or not because I always experience that) and seriously. i've been very emotional lately. like crying over little things. i tried to take a urine test. but it turned negative, and I also had a normal period. but it was 2 days late. but still, i'm having those symptoms. and also bloated stomach..am i pregnant? or am I just being paranoid?
I Am wondering if i could be pregant or what my last period was like Feb like the second week now its the end of March and i havent started my period yet and i have had my tubes tied clippd burnt almost 9 yrs ago is it possible i am pregant i took pregancy test ealier gave me negative so really wonderin cause i usually have regular periods and this is my first missed period can...
HELP!!! my fiance and i have been trying to conceive for about six months. No signs untill this month.
For the last two weeks i have been sick to the stomach, i have thrown up 4 times in this 2 weeks, i have itchy, sore and swollen breasts, been craving eggs and strawberry milk, had lack of concentration, a few cases of dizziness and being lightheaded, extreme fatigue and been quite moody and iratible. none of this i have experienced before.
I usually have on time periods which go for 3 days and it reasonably heavy for the entire three days, also with ALOT of period paid.
I got what i thought may have been a period yesterday but it was extremely light (only enough to notice when wiping). it stopped after a few hours, and came back a couple hours later but came back rather heavily. i had it like this over night and this morning it has gone back to being very light, i have also had NO period pain at all, not even any discomfort.
I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and all have come back negative.

On my way to the docs this morning

Something is different OBVIOUSLY, but i feel different as well. any ideas? anyone with similar experiences? HELP.
I am also experiencing something similar. I was feeling dizzy and lightheaded since past 5 days now. Also last 3 days feel constipated and gassy. Getting hot flushes. But today i got bleeding....just for a lil while. I didn't get any period pain or cramp and it was 2 days late. I can't explain the dizzy and lightheadedness that i was experiencing. Will have to wait another few days. Please let me know, what the Dr said. All the best :)
Me and my fiancee want a baby so we've been having unprotected sex. my cycled have always been regular with unbearable cramps and votmiting. But for the last couple months - had mild cramps and naseau but no throwing up. Last month my period was late and I had no pms symptoms untill the day - had my period which included me throwing up non_stop and severe cramps I was barely lucid it was one of my worst period ever. This month I felt a lump in da right lower side of my abdominal and I got witnesses to feel it so I cud mke sure I wasn't imagining things. But I took a test it was negative and today - got my period faintly red and really light naseua but then again its only the first day. I could still feel the lump and ocasional like pulsation or pain in dat spot only. Any comments on your thoughts would be really appreciated
ok all, heres my story.... Im 36 yearsold and just had a baby 15 months ago. My hubby had a vasectomy 8 months ago, but never went back for a sperm check. Well for the past 5 months my periods have been strange. I used to get them on the 29th of every month, give or take a day. Now over the course of 5 months im now getting my period on the 19 of every month, give or take a day. So each month it came earlier and earlier. I usually always bled 5-7 days moderate to heavy, now only bleeding 2-5 days light to moderate. My boobs hurt on and off and sometimes i have a burning sensation in my nipples. I also feel strange movement in my belly, like a baby kicking. I have terrible hearburn and indigeation all the time. I feel like im going crazy, but need some advice. I really dont want another baby, but really nervous at the same time. Maybe its early menopause. Someone please reply!!
I don't know if this helps or not in anybody's situation but here it is...

When I was pregnant with my son (who is now almost 10years old) I had what seemed like a period for my whole pregnancy except for the last month. I had it every month, the same time, same amount of days, heavy and with clots. I can't say for sure it was a "period" but it definitely seemed like it. My doctor said it is possible but rare for women to experience what I experienced and still have a healthy child. I didn't even gain weight until I was about 6 months along, in fact before then I was losing weight. Also, I never got a positive HPT throughout my whole pregnancy. And a blood test didn't even show positive until I was 32 weeks along and the only way we knew I was pregnant was through ultrasound but my hormones were so off that it wasn't being detected. So my advice for any woman who thinks that pregnancy is a possibility is to go to your doctor. Even if the blood test and urine show negative and you really believe you are pregnant, demand an ultrasound. That was the only way I could confirm I was pregnant. Every woman is different so it is wrong for any of us to sit here and say what is and what isn't possible. We are not professionals or scientists and even then, they could be proven wrong sometimes. My own doctor didn't even believe I was pregnant when I demanded an ultrasound because of the bleeding and negative blood and urine tests but I was and I have an almost 10year old son now. I had a rare pregnancy, as stated above, so I know first hand. Not through friends but my own personal experience. Now grant it this doesn't happen a lot, as my doctor said, it's rare but possible. With my second child I knew I was pregnant right away and the complete opposite happened with her. I got a positive HPT when I was 4 weeks and I had no bleeding at all and now she is 6 years old! Best of luck to all of you!
Hey my mother  periods when she was carrying my brother they were all normal flows at the time of her monthly's. Also she never new she was pregnant at all she had no sign what so ever not even a bump we was on holadays a month before and I was sitting on her belly in the pool! So I don't know what happend there but it was a magical not knowing what was going to come out of my mother and a perfect 7pound baby blond hair blue eyes it was very strange not knowing one little bit.
I am 31yrs having 5 yrs old daughter. I am feeling stomach heavyness, nausea, tiredness, heart beat around my stomach almost all the time. My last periods was 1 week before but slighter than before. Please give me some suggestions.

by,
chris
Hi, I kind of have a similar question.. since the beginning of this mnth the last time me and my fiancee had sex, (we aren't currently living together) two days after I had a weird tingling pain on my left boob thru out the day for three days. On the second day I woke up bloated all day with gas, my pee has been a cloudy light yellow color til now which is the 24 of august 2011. The third day I had diarrhea all day along with gas. I broke out the first to second week and thought it was because I was trying a new cleanser on my face that I only used a week. Also me and my fiancee have noticed little bumps on my nipples, that hve increased in numbers since then. Now for my question, I usually strt hurting like a soreness frm my boobs two to three days bfor my period. On Saturday morning I woke up with my boobs completely sore like nvr bfor, plus my body was achey (achy) also, I thought since my fiancee was sick he gave it to me, well the Thursday that was cming up I was suppose to get my period. So between sat and today(thurs) my boobs have been sore, and more when I get into bed I've had this pulling stretchy kind feeling on my lower abdominal. Yesturday which was the 23 rd I woke up went to the bathroom wiped, saw a light pink spot, got in shower, nothing came out. Got dressed and went to the restroom bfor sitting.g dwn little bit more blood. Thru the whole day every time I would pee I would change my tampon but it was very light in blood usually strtd off lite then gets heavy, nothing like that, and usually when I would get my period I would get cramps, nothing. In the morning around 9 I got up to see that my tampon was full and all day I have had full tampons..so I dnt kno what to think and clots along with them..so I'm a little worried. Can somebody give me an answer. I'm going to wait and see.
...and to add to that two days bfore I strtd bleeding I discharged a white tacky almost yummy kind thing..dnt know what that was.
Just fyi you are half right. For the most part a period cannot happen during pregnancy as a period is when an unfertilized egg causes your body to send the message to shed the uterine wall which also means that women on the pill don't have a period by definition (or anyone that doesn't release eggs for medical reasons). However there are cases where an egg does get released during pregnancy. It's usually a hormone balance problem. The body usually build up an extra uterine lining for this and if this happens there is a good chance it will not stop with that one therefore a miscarriage is the normal result. It is VERY rare that a baby would come to term with this condition, especially if it happened more than once and/or past the first trimester. So yes it is possible to have a period during pregnancy but this is not what most of the "i know someone who..." stories are based on.
Hia ive got sore boobs and my bellys bin dodgy for about 2 weeks ive come on a day late .. I was getin period pains buh they wernt normal they wernt hurting me :/ im more tired then normal tho n i keep feeling sick and gone of food i dont no wht to think now can you help me please x
I Have a gene that I ovulate twice a month I imagine u could ovulate get pregnant and ovulate again.  If the second was not fertilized your body could shed some of the lining including clots.  My Mom was an OBGyn nurse for years and the stories she could tell you would amaze you.  Based on my experiences women that have multiples or multiples in their family are more likely to have a period while pregnant.  They usually stop in most cases by 6 months though.
I am so happy to hear similar stories to mine as I was thinking I was going crazy. I have 2 kids already and for the past 2 weeks I had all the pregnancy symptoms even saw some spotting which made me believe more that I am pregnant and was sure to get a positive test. I tested last Sunday which came out negative and got my period which first started as spotting which happened immediately after sex then the next day i got a normal flow. I feel so confused as i want to believe I am but my husband thinks that i am imagining all the symptoms cause I want it so much. I was thinking of doing another test in a weeks time.
Hi, I'm 15 and my boyfriend and I have unprotected sex very often. We had sex  8 times in 4 hours and I'm feeling really sick. I've been throwing up and sleeping a lot. And I've been crying over any little thing lately. Plus I have heartburn. I'm really nervous I could be pregnant. But I started my period 4 days ago and it's as normal as any other. Could I be pregnant?
Hey,
so im just wondering did you end up being pregnant cause im like going through the exact thing you went through
I am 21 yrs old and in aug. i had sex and 9  days later i had what seemed to be a normal period but i was 2 weeks early...and every month since then i have bleed but not when my normal period should be and for only 3 or 4 days..idk if i could be prego but my breast have been sore off and on  weird feeling in my stomach and back pains. Some one please tell me what they think???
I woke up to spotting then later that day I started my period I guess that's what it is. I been tired and ffeling pain in my back eating a lot and getting big. My boyfriend been saying I was pregnant but I don't know if I am both pregnancy test I got from the dollar store came out negative. Could someone help me?
Ok first if you are sexually active with more than one person you should be using condoms and birth control to protect yourself. Also please go to a clinic and get an STD test to protect yourself. Most women do not have what they call a period during pregnancy, however some have bleeding that they call a period everyones body is different. If you are having normal periods every month then you are most likely NOT pregnant. However you are only 17 years of age and need to get smart about protecting yourslef and regular STD checks if you are going to be sexually active with several partners. Trust me i learned the hard way about this. Even if you know the people and have known them for years still get checked!!
I've missed my period for 2 monthz nw,after havin unprotected sex on da 1 oct wid my bf.n my boobz r tender.nw I start bleedn in dec,bt I bleed one n da nxt day it stps.(It carryz on lyk dat)is it possible dat I could b pregnant?plz help..
ok i had my daughter 7 weeks ago... on the 24th of november wich was thanksgiving i had sex with my husband and the condom busted... at that time it was only 5 weeks after i had my daughter... 6 days later i started wat seemed like a normal period... started out light then got heavy... for about a week then stopped... then a day later it started again for only one day but was really light... like just a light pink tint... but im just worried because they say that right after you have a baby it is really easy to get pregnant... what should i think of this?
Hi, I had unprotected sex nov14 (2011) which is the day my period ended. He came twice in me. The next morning I had small amounts of blood in my panties. I didnt know if it was the remaining menstrual bleeding or what but the next day it was completely gone. I also have been have a irregular period Anywho, dec4 2011 I had brown and pink discharge dec5 I spotted light pink. dec6 2011 I had medium bleeding, some like a menstrual cycle but not as heavy....but dec7 to now which is the 14 I have had bleeding like a menstrual cycle. I dont have any early pregnancy symptoms besides abdominal pains and minor cramps. I am 24 yrs old and this would be my first child. My fiance and I have been trying for a year now. What are the chances of me being pregnant? I have had lower back pains since a week after ejaculation, a little advice would be helpful. I want to take a hpt but I dont wanna do it too soon...
hi. me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. i have had alot of signs of pregnancy . i have gone of some foods. feeling sick. put on weight . back ache . my boobs are sore and heavy . im to frightend to do a test , then ive come on my period as i was due on. do you think im pregnant also is having my period normal? please help
Hello everyone,
technically speaking that monthly bleeding you can have while your pregnant is not a period althought it's very like it, but to make things simple let's call it period.

So I got engaged the 27th of August, me and my fianceè had unprotacted sex that night.

In september I got my period a couple of days late but didn't really worry about it. It was shorter than usual and I feelt no cramps or symptoms.

In october I had my period a few days early and again short and painless.

But then two days after my period ended I woke up one night with the most terrible pains.... it lasted all night, no painkiller worked and the pain was so terrible I couldnt even stand.

all month I keept having little cramps feeling nauseated and tired not to mention incredibly emotional.. My period came and went in a couple of days but was incredibly painful.

The beggining of December I went to my doctor for a check up because I was afraid I had low iron levels or thyroid problems...

You can imagine my shock when the blood test came back: I was 15 weeks pregnant!

Looking back there were a few symptoms like a bit of nausea and fatigue but nothing too obvious, my breasts were slightly swollen from november onwards and I'd put on maybe a couple of pounds.

My gynea told me that the monthly bleeding can happen and it's not too rare, she also said that pregnancy symptoms can often be psycological and recent studies show that women who are unaware that they are pregnant can have no symptoms at all!

Anyway I'm glad my baby is healthy and that everything went for the best.

P.s. for all the girls who think they might be pregnant, just go see a doctor and get a blood test, if it comes back negative then your not pregnant and your symptoms can be just due to stress.
Hey my name is Kimberly, I'm 20 and I been experiencing 2 periods n one month. Say for instance i'll come one around the 3rd of November and come on again on the 28 of November which will follow over to the next month, I'm curious about being pregnant..because this has NEVER happen before, I'm also feeling bloated when I'm not. If I was to be pregnant I would be between 11-13 weeks. I'm hoping I am pregnant vs. Something else being wrong...any advice??
okayye so im worried now from readin these comments. Im 17 years old and me and my boyfriendd have been sleepin together for almost a year. & We use no protection at all. We arent tryin to have a baby right now. But ive never got pregnant before. Well anyways my last period was July 31 2011 until August 4 or 5 2011. I always start at the end of the month & go into the next month. But the dayy ii got off me and my boyfriendd slept together. & When it was time for my next period ii missed it. So September 6 2011 i made an appointment but he said ii wasnt pregnant. But we slept together again like 2 days before ii went to the doctor would it show up that quick? after the doctor appiontment ii missed my period for September then in october ii started for like 4 days and it was kinda like a regular period except it wasnt as heavy as it usually is. But ii didnt have a period in November or December & now its Januaryy and ii still havent started. & I have lower back pains headaches always tired but ii dont have mornin sickness my breast are like swollen and kinda sore and there darker then usual. and ii took a test about 3 weeks ago and it was like a positive with a really faint line. & Now its like ii can feel something movin. My friend is pregnant with her 2nd child & she said im pregnant & so is everyone  else. & My stomach is really hard when ii stand up & kinda smushy when ii sit down & ii cant barely suck my stomach  in. Im so worried. should ii go to the doctor or What should ii do.? Please helpp!!
LOL... to all the "Technical women" listen.. I have a 9 year old VERY healthy daughter... you can call it how you wanna but i HAD A FULL PERIOD until I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter, got checked by doctor and nothing was wrong, i'm talkin full pads, clots the WHOLE 9 (tmi) so whatever you want to call it is fine with me but I call it like i see it NOW... i'm 8 weeks pregnant again and guess what JUST HAD A FULL 5 DAY PERIOD... and yes the doc said once again that all is well. EVERY WOMAN is different, we don't know how God made each other and for the record DOCTORS DON'T KNOW IT ALL.. they can be wrong too!! Good luck mommies and future moms......
Someone please last month I got my period 4 only 2days usually last 6 nw this month it came but its lighter and on 3rd day. Been tryn 2get pregnant can I b pregnant and still bleeding?
Polyps & fibroids that can cause long & heavy/painful periods run in my family and for some reason that persuades me that i either could be pregnant still, or that im just not able to conceive..
since when is a period the last clue to know whether or not u are pregnant....i think the last clue would be a pregnancy test and or a doctors appointment. I mean come on. You can say all you want that this can or cannot happen, but i think that throughout history humans have proven that a lot of things are possible. If reading these posts makes some woman confused she should clear up her confusion by doing the smartest thing. Take a pregnancy test. Jeesh. I myself am 13 weeks pregnant and experienced bleeding for the first two months of my pregnancy, right when my period was due. Now whether or not you can call it an actual period is beside the point. I think the point is women reading this want to know if bleeding, similar to a period, can occur.  
I started bleeding Sunday and its been off and on for the past couple of days but no cramping but my ob wants to do more blood work. I had blood work done Sunday and the doctor said my count was normal. I'm only 5 weeks long but I'm so worried
I'm 16 year old girl an almost two months ago I had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend.stupid decision but at the time I didn't seem to care because I was caught up and inlove as I am now:( I was paranoid I could be pregnant but about a week later I got what seemed to be my period but it came about a week or two early it was way lighter that usual and lasted shorter than usual by a couple days. Last time we had sex was three weeks ago and that weeknight started feeling off. I was going to sleep really early. I'm always tired it seems. I've had a horrible appetite.which is not normal for me cause usually love food! It dosent make me vomit but makes me feel like I'm about to. My lower belly has been very round and swollen. N I get bloated sometimes but it usually last a few hours or a day. But it's been like this for a good two weeks now.I've also had a little breasts soreness recently but nothing horrible and I've been constipated:/ not to mention i pee alot now:( I took two pregnancy tests both cane out negative but I font know wether to trust  them, I just have the strongest feeling:( I'm supposed to go with my ex in a few weeks to a pregnancy center but I'm so anxious to know! Oh n I've started feeling like I'm about to get my period but usually after I get symptoms I get it like the next day n still nothing. I don't know:/ what do you guys think? I'm pregnant?
Just wondering if anyone has had this experience...I've been pregnancy symptoms for almost 3 months now, but never tested positive. I've been having late, light && irregular periods except this last month where is was heavier than normal, but they all lated less than 3 days. My grandmother said she had her period every month for 9 months while carrying my mother & never got a positive test result, her belly just kept getting budget & then pregnancy was confirmed by ultrasound. Has this happened to anyone??! I'm worried I might follow in her footsteps & that could leave me with a lack of prenatal care, I don't know what to do!!
This is becoming a debate over terminology.

For good information on possible causes for bleeding during pregnancy, check out the link below:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/bleeding-during-pregnancy

I have heard of women having irregular bleeding/spotting etc during pregnancy; however, it is a misnomer to call this bleeding a "period".

That being said, we tend to call things what we are familiar with - and so it makes sense that people would refer to any bleeding from the vagina as a "period".  

Going back to the original question, I do not know what your concern is.  Have you taken a test or seen a nurse/midwife/doctor?  If you have not confirmed pregnancy, and you are having typical symptoms of menses - regular to heavy bleeding with cramps then it probably is your period.  If you are pregnant and have light bleeding, it could be implantation spotting and nothing to worry about - this typically occurs within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.  Please see your doctor if you are concerned - only you know your body.  Good Luck!!
I took a test 4 days ago. It came up positive even though the second line was slight. I have been having pregnancy symptoms for a week now (nausea, light headness, dizzy, sore breasts, fatigue) However, I got my period today (right on schedule) along with the cramps. My periods are always accompanied by cramps. I am never late. Is it possible I am pregnant? All the symptoms say yes. I was really shocked when my period came. I go to the Dr in a couple days. I just want to know if anyone else had a positive result & still have the period w/cramps. The cramps are what make me think the test was wrong. I guess I will find out in a couple days through a blood test. Does anyone know how accurate a blood test is in pregnancy detection?
Relax. Some people bleed out of there vagina when their pregnant and some people don't, simple as that. Who cares if it's a period or not >.< Jesus.
when you are pregnant you can still get cramps, but i'm pretty sure it's your uterus getting prepared. Still best to consult with your GP though..
well speaking from what happen to myself... you can bleed for 5 days and still be pregnant. whether thats considered a period or not, i dont know and really dont care... its bleeding none the less. and not to be rude or anything, but no one on here, unless they are a doctor can tell you what is wrong... that is what a doctor is for. that is why they have the degree.
I am in the same Exact position, can you tell me if you were or not?  
I have been bleeding for 3 days and my pregnancy tests are still positive. Bad cramps too.
Wow! Interesting! How did you know you were pregnant, being that you had your cycle up to five months?
I'm bleeding and I'm one month pregnant I went to the hospital and the doctor said my urine and blood test shows I'm pregnant but my ultrra sound they were unable to see the baby do u think its because my baby is stil small and is it alright cause I'm bleeding I'm worried I have no stomatch pains
By 1 month pregnant, Im assuming you mean 4 weeks, which would be 2 weeks after conception.  Or do you mean 4 weeks since conception?  It makes a difference because at 4 weeks, they wouldn't expect to see anything.  At 6 weeks, with decent equipment and a good technician, you should see something.  

I can tell you that 30% of women experience bleeding in early pregnancy.  It is not a period.  It is not possible to have your period while pregnant, but some women do have bleeding that they mistake for it.  Most of the time all is fine, but it can be the start of a loss.  Right now all you can do is wait and see. I know how stressful this is, and I'm sorry your going through this. Take care.
I BELIEVE AND SUPPORT YOU, JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T RELATE IT DOESNT MEAN IT ISNT POSSIBLE, GOD IS THE CREATOR AND HE DECIDES WHAT HAPPENS AND WHY, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE DOCTORS AND "PROFESIONALS" SAID SOMEBODY'S GNA DIE AND THEN TEN YEARS LATER THE PERSON IS STILL ALIVE TO TELL THE TAIL ABOUT THE 'INCORRECT ASSUMPTION.

ppl nt need to be up on here crushing true life testimonies, I mean cant you ppl see this lady just said she's known THREE people that had healthy pregnencies and babies while on their periods....

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO BE IF YOU UNCERTAIN ABOUT SOMETHING, its all a miture of uncertain potentially damaging advice from some people who are plain insesitive and nieve.
It actually could be an actual period, according to my OBGYN. It's happening to me right now. I'm in my third month and every month I shed the lining of my uterus that isn't  being used by the baby. It's very confusing but happens. I'm a heavy bleeder, but these periods have been very light since its not shedding the whole lining.
idk if anyone can help me but I took 3 pregnancy test an they all came up with a dark line and a faint one each time which I would believe means positive but now I'm bleeding as if it was my period. could I still be prego? or was all 3 test false. please help
hello.  I have several questions for you if you don't mind.  I think I may have conceived in May, not sure I'm pregnant.   June period 1 week and a half late.  Full period lasting 7 days.  It was different in that I usually have a break around the fourth day where I will only spot lightly, and then a day with no spotting and then another day of light spotting and then its all over.  
Well my period in June did not have that break I bled heavily up until the 7th day where I spotted only. About two weeks after I think I conceived in May I had an episode where I woke up and ate some cereal and gagged immediately after completing the meal.  However I did not throw up.  My second period now in July is similar to that of my first period except that its not late. Todays is the fifth day and although I am not having heavy bleeding its still more than it would usually be prior to believing I had conceived.  I have only taken on test which came back negative.  I am confused and worried.  This would be my first conception, but I also had a dream prior to my first period when a strange man told me that my baby was going to gush from my body in four days.  I had my period maybe four or five days later.  I did not really pay attention to the date of the dream.  My body has changed in that I am usually cold and now I am hot all the time.  My nose seems a little wider to me, I have not mentioned to anyone else, my husband thinks I am obsessing about being pregnant so he does not believe what I am telling him.  Also the linea negra (that I have always had) has a curve in it at the top on my stomach.  I have never noticed it to have a curve before.  I am quite familiar with my body.  How can I find out if I am pregnant?
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for four days, this is my second pregnancy and I had no bleeding durring the first, on the first day it was like a consistant spotting and I was out of town, it got worse the second day and I went to the er. They saw a heartbeat and said my left ovary was a little inflamed, it is still getting worse everyday like a heavy period and I am now having bad cramps and clotting. I don't have insurance yet and my first apt isn't till the 12th. Also I have lost my I'd so they will not see me last minute without it before filing medicaid. Research shows miscarriage percentage is low and bleeding happens often? I'm not sure what to do.
I don't want to scare you you could be going through something totally different but I was 18 weeks pregnant and had that big ball of blood your talking about come out I went straight to the emergency room come to find out that ball of blood was a membrane and my cervix had ripped... I had been rushed by ambulance to a better hospital they said they could stitch the cervix back in place but the doc came in and said without the membrane it wouldn't work and because I was taken to a catholic hospital they wouldn't do a DNC I delivered a 6 oz lost baby I also had a one year old already so they don't know why it happened in the first place I hope you have already heard better news from a professional...I hope no one ever has to go through that
Sorry I have been reading your comments and I would just like to say you can have a period during pregnancy as me and my mum suffer from heavy periods and had a period all the way through pregnancy we both got checked out and everything was fine so yes you can have a period well pregnant every women body is different
Thank you chloeebabycakes.
i had sex on November 26th.
and My period did start in December (a couple days late) and it was 4 days instead of the normal 6-7 and it wasn't as heavy as usual. (i also didn't get cramping or sore breasts the whole time)

my next period is 10-13 days away and my nipples are extremely sore, and I am getting slight cramping.
can anyone assure me i am not pregnant?

My period was a week late in Oct, I got it and have been getting every month now...  I have felt sick a few times but just thought the flu.. but like 8 or so times in the past 2 weeks I have felt a flutter like feeling in my stomach...
i HAVE 6 KIDS....4 sons and two daughters....and i had normal menstrual bleeding throughout my pregnancy...at first, i did freak out as this is not normal and maybe iam having a miscarriage...but No! i was actually in real pregs and also had my menses while being pregs.....I dont know about science here but my experience and especially having 6 kids speaks for itself ..that it is possible to have period while being pregnant through out those nine months....