Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Pregnancy and neuro symptoms....help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Pregnancy and neuro symptoms....help!

I am a 31 year old female with hypertension and am 26 weeks pregnant.  I am on Labetalol and it works well.  This all started about 7 months ago ( before I was pregnant).  I woke up one morning and my face was tight/ numbish.  It got worse throughout the day and I went to the ER where they did a CT scan (normal), blood work (normal), ekg (normal).

The facial numbness never went away for more than a few hours at a time, but started switching sides and coming and going.  I started having headaches, which I never had before.   Then I got pregnant on accident and soon after started another symptom.  I felt tingles/prickles all over....every side, all parts....sometimes just one prickle, sometimes lots of prickles.  It got worse in the heat.

Then came the buzzing...in my left knee, my left hip, my right hip, my right foot, my right shoulder blade, left forehead.....a pulsating vibration...on for two seconds, off for five seconds.  Not all at once....the location changed over time with an episode not lasting longer than two weeks at the most....usually three days.  I never had the sensation in several places at the same time.  

Most of these symptoms have eased up or disappeared.  But I still have the facial numbness that comes and goes and brings with it a heck of a headache.  The headache feels dull all over but feels sharp and stabbing around my eyes and small, specific parts of my head.  I see sparkles and feel terrible.....and, yet my bp is 115/65.  

I saw a neuro who said he cant do anything for me until I have the baby.  He did get me an EEG which was normal, B12 which was 525, and Lyme which was neg.   My PCP thinks it is all stress and my OB is not concerned.  
Wanted to bump you up. I had numbness all on my left side awhile back. I was observed for a stroke instead told it was an aneursym. Obgyn later says sciatica nerve issues. But I'm hoping someone else sees this with more knowledge....
I have been hoping for siatic (sciatic) nerve issues....had them before, but no pain this time, just buzzing and numbness below the knee.  Would love this to be all migrine / sciatica.  ruled out aynurism with a ct scan before pregnant.  thanks for the bump.  I appreciate any input!  Especially from another mommy!