Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Primrose evening oil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Primrose evening oil?

So this past Monday I finally asked what my due date is because it was changing constantly.  Apparently Monday I was 37 weeks exactly.  The first week the OBGYN "irritated my cervix" and this past Monday he "stripped my membranes".  My OBGYN has delivered 2 of my 3 kids and has made it very clear with induction being my track record it's what we're looking at (hense why he's tried these two things).  I am NOT trying to induce my labor early.. I'm literally just sick of having sex.  Both appointments (last week and the week before) I was 1CM dialated.  What bothers me is baby was very low and "thin" but now he's saying I'm "thick" and that baby has yet to drop.  All I want is to experience labor at home.  I want that experience.  I hate knowing the routine and the drill and being stuck in the hospital the extra day while they insert cervadil and then do pitocin.  Some people say being induced is way worse then natural.. so I suppose it's natural I'd like to experience it by itself.  I asked if I should just walk.. walk until I can't walk anymore.  My BP has been raised, I fell down twice on ice in the past 2 weeks, and they've been having me come in every Monday so we can plan it accordingly.  I feel so STUCK!  I've delivered all my kids with no support system so it's going to drive me insane.  I guess I'm just hoping someone else had some success getting baby to drop.. or to thin the cervix.. or anything so I'm not waiting for a hospital bed days after I'm due.  I'm not miserable... or uncomfortable.  I don't think I've lost my mucus plug but I'm having minor diarhea (diarrhea) (sorry - tmi ).  If anyone has any input it's greatly appreciated.  I can't find the evening primrose oil but if I hear enough success stories I will go on a real hunt for it!
I know you're sick of having sex, but my doctor told me to help my 1st baby drop was to have sex, and of course you'll get BH after you orgasm, and to do squats, bounce on a ball, rock back and forth, stuff like that to drop the baby farther into the birth canal, it also may help to keep contractions going enough to dilate you farther. I never tried EPO but I've heard really good things about it, so I'd give it a try!
Thanks KTowne :)  I think I'm gonna ride it out.  If sex happens it will but I've come to the conclusion baby won't come until he's ready... and the house is trashed so it's beneficial today he's not ready LOL!
Haha!! I hope he comes soon and you have an easy delivery!!