Pregnancy 25-34 Community
*RANT*: Akron General Hospital

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

*RANT*: Akron General Hospital

IDK if any of you ladies are from Akron,OH. But let me just tell you I was in there last night because of pain. They made me pee in a cup which they did nothing with, saw 2 nursing students, one of them said its round ligament pain, which is not the pain i am feeling i know what that feels like and its not the same. They said the dr will be in to see u in a minute. An hour later old hairy bear opens the door stands there and says "when's your next dr appt" I said "next week" he said "keep it, they'll give u ur discharge papers in a few minutes" 20 minutes later they give me the stupid papers. And they are really going to bill my insurance and I for this "visit" ********. Needless to say I know what hospital i am going to go to to have my baby and it def isn't that one. I will go to Akron City i was born there anyway, I will never go back to General as they are incompetant d-bags
What would you have had them do? Granted they should have given a more thorough exam...but I mean if you weren't bleeding,  hadn't had your water break and were not in labor...there isn't much you can do. Pregnancy isn't comfortable... especially at the end and aches and pains abound. It is hard to know when to be concerned and when not to. They could have given u a u/s or.something but then it would have cost more.
Its frustrating. I understand, but you could have been passing a kidney stone. I get them a lot and recentlt passed a big one. People though round ligament also but dr said kidney stone. Good luck and hopefully you feel better.
i dont care if it costs more if im worried about my child they should be worried about it too. I have insurance so it's not like they wont get their money