Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Swelling in First Trimester (Open Forum)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Hey everyone!  I am 9w3d pregnant and last night I noticed when I took off my shoes I had a ridge were my shoe went and my ancles were noticably swelled.  My feet felt tired and ache.  This morning my feet still hurt and are swelled and my hands are swelled too.  When pregnant with DD I had swelling early in my 2nd trimester and through out my pregnancy.  My whole body was saverly swelled by the end of my pregnancy.  I am scared this is happening so soon.  Did anyone else have swelling this early?
I had some swelling...usually when I was really active or walking a lot.  Have you been drinking lots of water?  Propping your feet up a lot?  If the swelling doesn't improve, you may want to ask a doctor about it.  Hope all goes well!
No, I didn't start to swell a bit until my 3rd trimester.  Are you drinking enough fluid and reducing salt?  How's your blood pressure?
I am watching my salt.  I am not a big "drinker"  I only usually have 3 or 4 glasses of liquid a day so I guess I need to increase that.  I have a Dr. appointment Monday so I will get my blood pressure checked then but my last visit it was fine.
You need to drink 2 liters of fluid and that doesn't include soda or coffee.  I know that's alot but your body needs it.  If you are already swelling, you probably should consider increasing your fluid intake.
Elevate your feet and lay on your side at night.
Good luck!
Is your Blood pressure ok? You should get that ceked. Ditto with the other posters about fluids..
Fluid (80+-100 ounces, fill a jar in morning, finish it by bedtime), exercise and elevate feet.  Sounds dreadful. Hope your BP works out okay. If you had it before, unfortunately, sounds like you have it again.
Hi there, Im in my very early stages of pregnancy ie Ive only just recently found out that Im pregnant.  This is my 2nd pregnancy.  Ive noticed that I am starting to look like a woman who is about 3 - 4 months pregnant.....Is this normal?
Hi!  I am in early stages as well, this is my first pregnancy.  I will be 39 at end of month.  I haven't been to doctor yet as they didn't want to see me until 8 weeks after my last period, however, I feel and look like I'm at least 3 - 4 months pregnant. A friend told me that since my last period was very light and short compared to my normal cycle that I could be farther along and just not know it.  I am also swollen because I haven't been drinking enough water.  I'm not sure what the deal is because I am seeing the doctor next week, but I just wanted you to know you're not alone.  :)
I am 8 weeks and experiencing swelling already. My BP has been fine, but I'm really overweight. I'm worried and don't know what to do. I elevated my feet all night and I'm still swollen today. I'm at a conference and have been sitting, but I've also walked around. My doc says to just elevate. I'm drinking tons of water. Feeling disappointed that I'm doing poorly, and at fault since it must be my weight.:( Any personal remedies or recommendations?
Don't beat yourself up too bad. Keeping feet above the heart when you can is the best thing and you're drinking tons of water, so the only other thing you can do is to eat as healthy as possible (hard to do I know while at a conference) and stay away from salt, and salty foods.  See if that helps. If it impedes your life or doesn't get better, see what else your doctor can do. Congrats and welcome to the group!