Pregnancy 25-34 Community
TTC-trying to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

TTC-trying to conceive

Hi all! My fiancé and I have been trying to conceive for almost a year now. As of today I am 2 days late. My fiancé bought me an EPT Certainty digital pregnancy test...it's the test that has the digital reader and the 2 test strips that you click into it. The reader read "not pregnant" but I noticed when I ejected the strip to dispose of it, there was a faint 2nd blue line. I read on several forums that you are not suppose to "take apart" a digital test to read the strip but in my case I just simply ejected the strip like I was instructed to do. I also read that a woman used the same type of test and it ended up being accurate. Can anybody give me some feedback? On the box it reads that it detects the pregnancy hormone.  P.S. I am going to test again in a couple of days but still wanted other women's opinions!

Thanx:-)
Hi hun id leave it few more days.. I was ttc and few days before did a test coz was so.poorly lol. Came bk neg. Must a done around 8 tests lol before was due. Wss gutted they was all neg. Any way my due on day came and no period. Dud anothrer neg wss neg lol. Mornin after did another looked at it after a few secs and said neg. Went to throw it away after id had a lil winje and there was a little faint line lol..so as u can see I did loads even the dear ones. Im now 8 weeks and feel.crap lol.but all worth it x
I was 10 days late before mine came up positive. I'd give yourself another week to be certain of an accurate result. Also you need to make sure you read within 10 mins to ensure its not an evaporation line. I'm now 36 weeks :) good luck x
Hi.. u need to wait at least for 7 days from your period date.. if it's late for more than 7 days then take the test with the first urine sample(morning).. usually hcg (pregnancy confirmer hormone) concentration is high in the morning urine sample.. i suggest u wait for another 6 to 7 days and then take the test it would give u more accurate results.. good luck... take care..
Well you dont have to wait if you dont want to...lol. I will say though that all the tests are the same. You dont have to get the most expensive. I took one that said it could read up to 5 days early...so five days ahead it was neg I balled and balled. But five days later my period didnt come and that afternoon took anotherand it was faintly positive. Good luck
This time around I got two + tests on first response.  I got a package of digital tedts and they were - for two more days.  Clear blue easy digital.   Perhaps try a non digital because you can see the 2nd line even if it is faint.
Also my 1st positive was a very faint line 5 days before my missed period.  My dr said most accurate on tge first day of your missed period and after.
I took the clear blue digital 2 days before my missed period and it came back positive. The tests that say you can test 5 before your missed period are suppose to be able to detect much lower levels of hcg. The doctor says to wait a week after your missed period to test so I would wait a week and take another. The most accurate will be blood work at your MD office.
I took a hpt at 5 days late(Friday) and it came up negative. I took another test 3 days later(Monday) and it was positive. So I waited until the next day and took another and got another positive. I still was not totally convinced so I went to my ob/gyn and she confirmed that I was indeed pregnant. So wait until you are at least 7-8 days late before you take a test.
Thanks a lot ladies...I really appreciate all of you! It looks like I will be waiting to retest...my fiancé is all for that as well because he doesn't want to keep spending money on tests. Truthfully, I am kind of obsessed but I feel like I have a right to be: 1)it's my body. 2)after several miscarriages in the past, I want to be extra cautious! I will definitely keep everyone posted though. :-)
Btw, as of today...AF still has not shown her ugly face! Thank God!!!!:-)
I'm currently almost 30 weeks pregnant, and when I missed my period, it took almost a full month exactly for me to get a positive over the counter pregnancy test, try waiting it out (although it may be hard) because you'll be able to get your most accurate test when you're about 3-4 weeks late. Good luck!
Oh geez...I know that must've been torture for you! Kudos to u for even being able to hold out that long!! Lol I am going to wait it out at least a full week. My pregnancy symptoms seem to be increasing each day which is a good thing! :-) thank you for your input!!!!
you're welcome :) it was difficult waiting to find anything out, but It's well worth the wait to get an accurate reading instead of feeling bummed out by negatives when you might not have given your body enough time to get those pregnancy hormones going enough for the positive! :)
Best of luck k_nicole647!! I am 3 days late and doing my absolute best to wait out the week aftet disappointing myself with negative htps on the 8th & then again on the 10th when my period was due!! Feeling great now symptoms definately increasing daily. How exciting xx
If you ovulate late in your cycle you may need to wait longer than your missed period to get a positive result. I have a 31 day cycle and don't ovulate til day 26, so 5 days ins't long enough for implantation to begin and HCG be in your urine, I'm currently 7+3 and I didn't get a positive result until 1 week after ny missed period. As long as you don't have your period you still have hope! GOODLUCK! bonniebee
Thank you much bonniebea and best of luck to you too simma28:-) you guys are sweet!!!! I'm definitely struggling playing the waiting game but we're moving on Sunday, the 16th so I have a lot to keep me busy. Lol The fact the AF isn't showing up is helping me keep my hopes up. Usually I either have a 28 day cycle or sometimes it's weird and I have a 32 day cycle...well today would be the 32nd day (6/12) and still nothing! Usually I wake up with AF cramps and bleeding but I'm all good!!!! Yaaaaay! I had some nausea and a slight headache when I woke up this AM but managed not to throw up. My boobs and nipples are still very tender and I have very very light cramping that comes and goes every so often. Like Bonnie said, as long as AF doesn't show...there's hope!!!!! Loads of baby dust to all TTC!!! :-) God bless
Was waiting til tomorrow morn to take test excitedly. Got my AF today. Hopefully next month!
Take it easy moving house k_nicole. Thinking of u hun best of luck x
I personally never did a digital because they dont pick up on low hcg levels. i always use a pink dye test. i used first response easy reader. and it never lied to me i was 3 days late and it was positive. and i took one at 11 dpo it had a very very faint line but it was so light i didnt even notice it the day i took the test. my husband says he did but he didnt want to freak me out lol!
Test again in a few days, do it first thing in the morning. That first concetrated morning pee is the best lol. I took just a standard two line test at like 4am.. I was 3 days late & had also been trying to concieve (conceive) for a year after a miscarrage (miscarriage) 3 months prior to the new year. Good luck momma!