Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Test positive for pregnant but ultra scan says no sac found

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

I start my last mestral period on 23rd of february and finish 28th which makes it

normal 5days i do use,

However march 23 i could not see my mestral period ,me and my husband start

thinking i might be pregnant,we start pregnancy test by using home kit pregnancy

test and all our three different test on different day were positive

we some weeks later went for a medical blood pregancy test .

( S.BHCG ==POSITIVE )

So me and my husband want to know how many weeks pregnant i'm we went for

ULTRASOUND SCAN.

SCAN RESUL BELOW.

UTERUS::: Average Size A.V.F uterus measuring
        Longitudinal = 7.3 cm
        Antro-posterior = 4.5 cm
        Transverse === 5 cm
The myometrium is with no focal lesions

EMPTY CAVITY WITH HOMOGENOUSLY THICKENED ENDOMETRIUM 17 MM

OVARIES:::Both are average size with NO SOLID OR CYSTIC LESIONS

RIGHT OVARY::3.3x2 cm.
LEFT OVARY;;;2.6x2.4 cm

NO EVIDENCE OF DOUGLAS POUCH collections

CONCLUSION:
THICKENED ENDOMETRIAL LINING

My questions is since the doctor said no sac was found and also said that all dey could see is thickened line.These is me and my husband first expected baby and none of us have a medical knowledge we are now confused,I will be happy if anyone in this forum can explain thing to me or make us happy Although the gynecologist we meet said we should come back in next 2 weeks for another scan,also prescribe folic acid medicine for me ..WHAT WORK DOES THIS MEDICINE do for me?
I'm going through the same thing right now. Did you get your hcg levels?  My scan showed thickened lining but no sac they also saw a mass in tubes and as my hcg was 3770 at 5+2 They said should at least see a sac  they operated after saying 99.9 % ectopic :( it want but still no sac 48 hours later my hcg is over 12000 so by date lmp 24feb  I'm none the wiser to what the mass was/is. What's worried me more is they were certain the tiny shadow (a gap where the sac should be) was almost certainly a pseudo sac if not then it still wouldn't be a baby?? After second bloods I'm told I may be pregnant but should see a sac or yolk sac from hcg 2000 mine is 12000
Sorry for ranting on but its taken me days to find someone in similar situation xxx
I am on the same boat,did 4 test all positive ,went to Dr positive test..then I was bleeding so went to ER they saw a sac was happy n all..but after 2 weeks went to early pregnancy scan unit there was no sac and blood test say am not pregnant..hcg 2...it was light bleeding no clot..where has the sac disappear god knows..I hope u see a sac on ur next scan..all the best ..will keep u in prayers..
Folic acid is a B vitamin, that is very important to the early development of the baby.
@hs9 the only mistake me and my husband made was that we have not requested for my HCG level.

Although we do not want to worry ourself too much,since we are asked to check back again next 2 weeks.So then we hope to have alot for questions for the doctors and the gynecologist, and if we are not satisfy with their explanatories ,we might change hospital.

A friend of mine is about 6 month pregnant now,she advice not to base on one clinic  test and scans,because sometimes human error or an equipment faulty might lead to error in reports.

BUt also reading around forums,i could gather some suggestion saying maybe i might be too early for a sac to be seen nor a yolk But i hope next 2weeks a sac and yolk should be seen..And so i hope for you too and any other women in same shoes with us now..I HOPE FOR BETTER RESULT By 18th of april i should go for another tests and scan...i will feed you back
I also had the same thing with this pregnancy they saw a sac but no fetus when we did ultrasound i was just very early in pregnancy so don't worry too much and i hope everything turns out great!
Thanks for the encouragement comment ,am so happy when you said  we should not worry and with faith i believe on 18th my sac and fetus everything would be fine because my husband is so much worried about this,because this happens to be our first expected child

Can i ask you ,how many weeks do you think you are now,and again in your case i guess you said they saw sac but no fetus,but in my case it was no sac found yet and in ultrasound result..THICKENED ENDOMETRIAL LINING  was the emphases so this is why we are so worried  

Thanks so much ,i think i will be taking the drug as prescribe
It's a vitamin, not a drug.  It is harmless, and good for you even if you were not pregnant, but especially important now, in early pregnancy, to prevent the baby from having spina bifida.
Thanks so much AnnieBrooke

With my above last mestral crucial  calculation could you in anyway guess how many week i could be,

Or Am I too early for an ultrasound to discover a sac and a fetus

Also do you have any idea what this means EMPTY CAVITY WITH HOMOGENOUSLY THICKENED ENDOMETRIUM 17 MM ?

THICKENED ENDOMETRIAL LINING
?
i dont mean to scare you but with my first the u/s only showed thickened endometrium and was ectopic. i hope its not the same in your case and best of luck!!
I wld say ur only about 4 weeks maybe 5, they don't see a heartbeat until atleast 6 weeks! So u could have just ovulated late and its too early to see anything! I wld wait until you go back for your repeat scan before stressing too much! I do know that's easier said than done though! Lol I hope the best for you! And you and ur family are in my thoughts!
Thank you so much for your encouragement words,we shall in all means exercise patience and what ever the positive result came out to be on our next coming scans ,we shall be happy to share it all with you guys on here.

Can't really wait seeing my baby on that ultrasound scan monitor screen

Thumb up to everyone
Hi, I am feeling awful today but is it the pain or pregnancy making me sick??
In my case the major problem is on a scan you should see something from hcg 2000 mine is 12'000 plus :( you can request hcg test if you are worried. Mine went from 3770 to 12'000> which although suggest viable pregnancy doesn't explain why can only see a tiny shadow not even able to measure it it's that small xxx
Thickened lining suggests you are pregnant
How are you doing today hs9?,Yes you should probably be feeling sick some times mostly 80 percent of my friends always experience this early morning dull moment/sickness during their various pregnancy and they always told me that their doctors says it okay if it happens no to be a malaria synonyms then they are fine.

So i might suggest if this awful pain or sickness persist more than you can bear see your doctor to extermine your nature of sickness/pain.

By april 18 i have appointment with my hospital so i think then i will request for an HCG level results to know what exact level i'm

And an ultra scan would be repeat

Wish us all good luck
yes the doctor who observe my scan initially told me that the thickened limning suggest am in an early pregnancy or false pregnancy.

Hearing second option of maybe a false pregnancy is the major aspect worrying me and my husband at the very moment.

Hs9 do you have any idea what this could also indicate  
EMPTY CAVITY WITH HOMOGENOUSLY THICKENED ENDOMETRIUM 17 MM?  
It thickens ready for cells to implant mine is empty to what day did you scan xxx
I'm 25 weeks now but when that happened my period was only a day late I went to the emergency room for a uti and took pregnancy test two says before I went they wanted to do a hcg test says after I went in but I never went back I didn't wasn't to worry either thr was gonna be a baby out not that's the way I looked at it I think the empty cavity is the same thing the said about mine I hope everything goes well for u but if not try try again that's the way I look at it last April me and my hubby had a miscarriage at 13 weeks I was upset at first but I made myself understand that everything happens for a reason and God made it possible for me to get pregnant again with no complications or even morning sickness lol so just know whatever happens it will be ok ;)
I meant days not says lol
The same is happening to me don't know why
Am so sorry to inform you and everyone here that we lost the baby ..

Yesterday at about 1pm Egypt time i saw bloods out of my private part,immediately i inform my husband and we went to the doctor and they did a vaginal scan and i was inform that we lost the baby ...

So am on medications now,we hope for better one ahead ..And we hope everyone too the best

Thanks to all comment and concerns ,we shall keep you posted on our next attempt of conceiving a baby soon

But my doctor said i have no problem of future pregnancy that we shall be fine,moreover this was my first intended child but i guess God say's not yet.

Soon if my doctor says am good to go for sex,we shall not stop trying ,because a trial is never a failure ..
I pray for the best for you,we already lost our's ,But i know things are varies a times depending on individual body system and medical history

keep to your positive thinking  and i know you shall be Fine ...
I'm sorry to hear that it just want time yet I pray u have a very healthy pregnancy when u stay trying again!
yes,we hope so too..Thanks so much for  the care

cheers !!!!
Oh my god I am sooooooo sorry
I really had a feeling all would be ok. :(
Did you say you lost yours what happened x
Hi darling.. I went through the same thing in December this is my 4th pregnancy the first 3 were all miscarriages.. so I went to the ER I was having cramps and they did a bunch of tests and ultrasound and the Dr came in and said we can't see anything no baby NOTHING... I was heartbroken he said if you don't start bleeding/miscarrying in the next 3 days you need to go and get a DnC... so I waited I got home cried and everything and than I woke up in the morning called a clinic and I told them I needed a ultrasound in 2 weeks I decided to wait it out..... 2 weeks later they found a baby a heartbeat and everything.... I just went for my ultrasound and im having a perfectly healthy baby boy.... so with all that said don't worry love be strong Ans stay positive miracles happened when you least expect them to. Best wiahes
Im so sorry about ur loss I know how hard that is I've lost 3.... I just wrote my comment above without seeing ur post prior.... stay strong.
Am sorry for replying late,i was off my PC.am on medication now and after my vaginal ultrasound scan ,we were inform i miscarriage the pregnancy ..Though my doctor told us we have no problem for future pregnancy ,This is my first pregnancy ever and we in our conclusion with the doctor i guess it was stress,because i discover my pregnancy so late,and i was still doing some heavy duty at my work before we could notice .

So my own personal opinion was that it is not yet time God want our baby to stay ..So we shall keep trying..My doctor is having final appointment with me on Friday to examine me further ,Though i have been using  Misotac misoprostol 200 mcg as prescribe by my doctor since the day of miscarriage ..

We shall check with my doctor on Friday again to know when am good to go back for sex so as to try our best chance of pregnancy again and conceiving a child.

I wish you good luck with your pregnancy dear ...Much luck
Hello dear,yes i miscarriage the pregnancy 2 days ago..i just god blood out of my private part,quickly me and my husband went to our doctor and put me for vaginal ultrasound scan..They discover i experience an incomplete abortion inside ..They saw my sac growing a little bit but yet we lost the pregnancy..

Dunno full details why this happen until when we see my doctor again by Friday next coming three days,and i shall feed you back.

Though it was a sad moment for me and my husband that very day hearing the news that we lost our first ever expected child.I cried allot even my husband was a little bit in a state of crying, but as a man he took the courage and hold me to his chest saying he love me and he know our baby is coming soon..Immediately i heard that he wizpper to my ears i was happy again.

By Friday i must have finish the medication my doctor says i should use for 3 days Misotac misoprostol 200 mcg,so then he can advice us on when i can be okay for another trial of getting pregnant.

I'm sorry for your loss. Praying for y'all
Thanks alot cindy dear ....
I'm glad everything was ok with u and baby isn't crazy how ppl will tell u something and they be totally wrong? I'm glad u waited and followed ur instincts it's always good to get a second opinion
Good luck for your next try  my scan is tomorrow morning 09.15 UK time and I'm nervous... no bleeding though x
hs9 Dear be calm ,tomorrow will be fine for you okay ...you gonna see your baby doing fine in your stomach tomorrow ..just be positively minded

Don't be nervous ,i expect to hear the good news from you tomorrow.

Good luck !!!
Hi so got back from my scan...  yolk sac seen baby in sac very tiny but has a HEARTBEAT
This is a great news Dear ....I wish you a nice journey through the 9month period and subsequent pregnancy in future...Your husband must be happy now...

With time the tiny heartbeat would develop bigger

Good luck !!!

Don't engage in heavy activities,rest allot and do some exercise  as well