Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Trouble

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Trouble

I'm having restless legs an they are starting to itch I have swollen feet an my hands. I'm so tired but just can't sleep at night. I gained alot of weight I went from 160 to 225 an I'm 34 weeks pregnant going on 35. Second child but with a different man. What should I do?
You just have to endure it. I am 35 weeks and have those symptoms. For restless legs, try keeping super busy all day so by the time you go to bed your legs are tired..and when you feel the urge to move, try walking for a half hour. Nothing works for my swollen feet. For itching... Colder showers and lotion
I have those same symptoms but I'm only 10 weeks 4 days...
I had similar symptoms with my first. Drink LOTS og water. You will have to pee all the time anyway, just do it. Walking and stretching throughout the day helped tire my legs, but the swelling only went down if I raised my legs and iced my feet. The itching may be because of your skin stretching because of the swelling, in which case try shea butter/olive oil/jojoba oil. Lotions that contain alcohol can make the itching worse and baby oil doesn't work as well as the natural stuff. If you think the olive oil smells funny, add peppermint or lavender drops.
If you dont mind the smell of coconut, coconut oil may be an even better option, as its the base for most cocobutter/stretch mark lotions.
I have Restless Leg Syndrome and it used to drive my crazy until my aunt suggested I try taking a magnesium supplement. She is into holistic medicine. Most people are deficient in magnesium anyway and my dr said it won't hurt me to take it. The one I take is a powder called Natural Calm. I get it at a natural store but they sell it online too. I mix it with water every night and it makes my RLS so much better because the magnesium relaxes your muscles. It also helps with my constipation.
I know it sounds weird but put a bar of soap in bed with you at night. It really does help. I was on medication before pregnancy for rls and had to go back to the home remedy as I can't take that medication during pregnancy. Also hot baths before bed to relax your muscles.