Pregnancy 25-34 Community
bugged

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

bugged

Ok, so my sil in pregnant also, she is 4 months ahead of me, and I can't stand her right now.
I've never been a fan of her, but have to able to be nice to her, but now I just want to call her out. We decided in Oct to start trying, when they found out they started trying even though they said not until they had a place to live and decent jobs. She wanted to hurry and have a girl first "cause grandparents will buy the girl everything".
I've tried to explain babies are expensive and to save money, they don't listen. They don't know what they are having but she has told everyone it's a girl (even though not confirmed), she doesn't do anything she is suppose to, she doesn't take her vitamins, she eats anything even if it's on the do not eat list, she lives at the gym to not gain weight, her arms and legs are twice as skinny as they were before pregnancy. The Dr has brought up concerns and she blows it off.
Sorry long vent I needed to say it before I said it to her.
I can feel your pain. I know a few women like that but none are in my family. Some women just don't care about what the doctor says. I hope nothing happens to the baby and I hope that after the baby is born she grows up.
Thanks.

One thing bugging me is telling everyone it's a girl when she doesn't know, and people don't know she doesn't know
That's really under handed! Her I mean. It's not right to lie about the gender to try to get more! And it's not right to risk the health of the baby! You should say something. And I would talk to your parents and her hubby. Let them know what you're upset about and why so they aren't blind sided.
I try to say things that they won't take as rude. Like if she posts stuff on Facebook that she is doing that you're not suppose to, I'll comment "wish I could do that"  she convinced my brother they are having a girl that "the mom always knows" it's her first, and they have bought a ton of stuff now. I know it's rude but I hope it's a boy to show you shouldn't lie
You have every right to feel how you do. You are following the rules and taking care of baby. She's not.
I'm wondering how she is 4months ahead of you but she still doesn't know the gender? How far along is she? And I agree, if she wants to have a healthy baby she's not doing a very good job in caring for herself or her little one. Let her fall on her face
Karma will make it a boy you watch
Christina they went at 20 weeks and the baby was sitting with it's legs crossed with the umbilical cord through the middle and wouldn't move.
The Dr made them wait 4 weeks to come back, when they came back the Dr was called into an emergency surgery so no ultrasound. The Dr made them wait 3 more weeks, they find out this week.
I think it's odd the Dr makes them wait that long, my Dr rescheduled us with our first 2 days later
It's a girl, they officially found out today.
D@mn... still...that leaves plenty of chances for her to fall on her face
Darn!! I was hoping it was a boy too!!! :/ but, karma will eventually catch up to her!!
Well I've officially decided they are both crazy.

He wants to do the room in weight lifting and hunting. I said we can find animal but probably not hunting and for sure not weight lifting. He said "we can sew it" I said baby bedding needs to be exact cause to loose is dangerous. He said it will toughen her up, and I said it's not about tough it's a risk for Sids, his response "that's made up to scare people, there is no such thing as Sids" I'm worried for this baby, I had to stop talking to him cause I would have punched him, our friends lost a baby to Sids and how dare he say that.
Wow, just Wow. Hunting and weight lifting? Reality is going to hit them hard when they have this baby. If shes not treating herself responsibly now I cant imagine how shes going to be as a new mom. Your probably going to have to help her, hate to say it but this unborn baby is going to need you. I hope Im wrong but I dont think either if them is prepared for this, they arent being realistic. Have they even read the baby books? Or attempted to learn anything? Tell her at leasthere are apps on the phones that can give advice and possibly bring her in touch that she needs to take care of herself for her child. Sorry your having to watch this unravel as time goes on. Going to be hard. I hope it gets better
I think bbm1188 is right. I think you and the grandparents are going to have to step in a lot. I also think she's being nice. You soil & brother are clueless, crazy, and down right dangerous! Not to be mean but this is why you should have to take a test to become a parent. I don't mean to say that you should have to know all about parenting but at least you should have to show you care and aren't going to endanger the baby!
They have done nothing!!!
I gave them my books, and told them about free parenting classes. She is 29 and has never been alone with an infant. My brother has not really either. He is a strange duck, he said that parenting comes naturally and he doesn't need someone telling him. I wasn't nervous when they first found out cause they lived at my moms, but they moved out because his wife wanted to be able to have a nursery to decorate.

I plan to help as much as I can, but being pregnant, working full time, and my son plays comp soccer so we are always busy.
Exactly, we were all nervous when they said they were trying, they fight more than anyone I know and I let them know a baby is more stress, but  they ignore me. They are in for a huge awaking, specially cause they have not saved money for anything either
I have to admit I had my fingers crossed that it would be a boy too. Everyone on here has pretty much so said the same thing in that they will need help. I just hope they don't do anything too stupid and harm the baby.