Pregnancy 25-34 Community
chemotherapy pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

chemotherapy pregnant

I've been undergoing chemotherapy because I have lung cancer. I just found out I'm 8 weeks pregnant, and I had chemotherapy the first three weeks of my pregnancy. Are there any genetic testing I can do to make sure my baby is healthy due to my chemo
I believe the only test ava are to check for down syndrom (syndrome) or spinal bifida .  . Not to sure tho
Not sure about specific testing, but I just wanted to say Good luck and God bless you and baby. I couldn't imagine having to go through chemo, especially while pregnant. Stay strong!!
I would opt for first trimester screening tests. Checks for down symdrome. Also get an anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks and possibly an amnio. The specialist that does these ultrasounds will offer you an amnio and genetic testing if you want. I cant even imagine what ypu arw going through! Be stong and I wish you health and luck for you amd your baby!
Chemo destroys rapidly growing cells, so it can be very harmful to an embryo, depending which meds you were receiving. Your doctor should do an ultrasound early on to determine if your pregnancy is progressing normally. The good news is that you have made it to eight weeks, so you are 2/3 way through the critical first trimester. Make sure to share your concerns with your OB so s/he can help answer your questions and better plan your care. It's hard not to worry, but doing so won't help the situation, so try to relax and focus on being as healthy as you can. Good luck to you!