Pregnancy 25-34 Community
faded line??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

faded line??

8817937?1360096889
So I have suspected for a few weeks and patiently waited till My period was missed to take a pregnancy test. On January 22 I had what I suspect was implantation bleeding and a medley of mild pregnancy symptoms that disappeared (except breast pains) this last week just before my period was to happen. I am only two days late AND I forgot the test in the bathroom for like an hour, only to pick it up and find a faded blue line. My question is Does anyone think I am pregnant at this point, or is the only way I can be sure is wait till next week and try again?? Thanks :3
I think you are probably pregnant.  My tests are always so light you can barely see them right after my period.  If you haven't been taking anything to help you get pregnant then you shouldn't have any Hcg in your system unless you are.  You don't have to wait a week to test again though..just wait a day or two..every day your hormone increases a little.  Did you use first morning urine? Most tests you don't have to anymore, but it does have the most amount of hormone in it. Good luck!
Looks promising, but I'd do another one (just wait 4 hours without peeing) as there is a time limit on when to check. It depends on the sensitivity of the test as to how dark it will show up and how fast. I got positive on Internet one that measures 10, at 10dpo, then another positive on a 25 tesco one the day my period was due. Both fairly light, but the CB digital said I'm 2-3 weeks today. Good luck!!
No help in the getting pregnant part, totally an unintentional thing, been have sex for two years with him. It was the first morning urine, so yeah guess Ill take a nother in a day or two. . . lol coulda been like my sis, she knew she was pregnant for 3 months before one of the damn things would show her anything. Thanks for the responses :). . . now how to tell him ;3 lol.
You need to read the test within 10 minutes and disregard any results after those 10 minutes. Test in a couple of days and read within 2 mins. Best of luck x
I agree that you need to retest,  because you read it after the effective window.

I'm also puzzling over how you could have forgotten to read it!  ;D
You don't have to wait to retest though. You can do it now & check within the alloted time. With my second I tested & checked at 3 minutes & nothing so I threw it away & went to work. After work, 8 hours later, I noticed it in the trash & that it looked positive. So I retested then & it was unmistakably positive.
I found out with my daughter I was pregnant at 11 weeks, I realized I was late lol and tested,and always got a faint line, I went to a free pregnancy clinic they tested me and also got a faint line, so they gave me a ultrasound, and there she was and now she is almost 4 years old! Congrats!!
my was super faint and i was pregnant (although early stages )
Thanks everyone, retesting tomorrow morning. . . and the reason I forgot about it is my sister and I live together with her kids. They are 2 and 4 and always coming into my room and taking things screaming their heads off, like later in the day they got in and grabbed a bottle of ink and poured it onto the living room floor. .. crossed fingers
Well, any news?
I got awful sick every night for weeks before the line finally showed up at 6 weeks.   It was very frustrating.   Be patient and I'm sure in another week or so it'll show if youbare pregnant.   Good luck!
I took a cheap .88cent test(yes they make those) It said no, so I went ahead and got one of the early detections(2pack) and it said no, my period is only just shy  of a week late so I guess I could still be. Almost all my symptoms are gone, except slightly sore breasts. My periods have gone wonky in the past when i gained weight but im still at a lower weight than that. My sister said most clinics wont test your blood for hcg, so that I can know at the very least. So I guess its a waiting game, which will come first, pos pregnancy test or period(which I don't feel coming on either). But My 24 year old niece is pregnant with her third(4months), and so is her younger sister with her fourth(7w6d), their both sick as hell.
Sounds to me like you maybe experencing a chemical pregnancy??
I looked up the meaning of chemical Pregnancy and I really don't see any other correlation except the one time faded line which may not have been an hCG reading(I haven't been able to duplicate the results).  Maybe ill start my period but like I said, I have yet to have symptoms of one. I'm still getting aches in my breast and heartburn, some nausea last night.

"The term "chemical" pregnancy can be confusing. In a chemical pregnancy, the sperm and egg do meet but the fertilized egg does not implant properly in the uterus, resulting in an early miscarriage."Chemical pregnancies are not uncommon. Doctors sometimes advise women to wait to use a pregnancy test until their menstrual periods are actually late in order to avoid detecting and grieving chemical pregnancies because an early pregnancy test often will come up positive but then the woman's menstrual period arrives on time or a few days late. The bleeding may be slightly heavier and more crampy than a normal period."

I have seen none of this in myself. Im well past a few days late now.
well if you've had symptoms of pregnancy although they dont really mean much and now they're gone and you had a faint positive albeit on a blue dye test I just thought that maybe the egg implanted enough to give off a hcg reading for the test to pick up and that it stoped growing, sometimes it can take  around a wk or so for even small amounts of hcg to drop, hence a delayed period, or you havent ovulated when you thought you did, blue dye tests a notorious for giving evap lines, or who knows...
Hi this is my first time on this forum, saw your post and based on my own experience, kind of got an idea of what you're going through. First of all, you said you suspected Implantation bleeding and had some pregnancy symptoms which have dissappeared. For me I'ld say u were actually pregnant, but the bleeding you thought was "implantation bleeding" could have been an early sign of loss, with a test strip still reading positive (ya it is possible) of which pregnancy symptoms can actually dissappear under such circumstances and yet with no period. But all doubts can be cleared if you can see your doctor and have him do a scan. Good luck.
I tried to test again this morning, but the test wasn't working(no lines at all). I guess Ill just wait till I either do or don't get my period. Im not wasting my money on tests anymore, its crazy. Speaking of crazy, I had an Idea that kinda like diabetic testing strips and devices, they should make a similar one for pregnancy. I mean Honestly if they can have a tiny device tell you how much glucose is present in you blood they can have a way to easily detect hCG levels. >:3 Gosh wish I was a scientist.
I cheated and bought a clear blue digital :p i wanted words didn't have the mental compasity to figure out which lines mean what lol
Lol, yeah, when I got some cash maybe Ill try out some different tests :3
Don't panic I was late 3 days an still got a negative at the docs 3 days after that I got a faint positive, tested the next day and it was darker every1's body is different it can take up to 10 days for egg to travel and only when the egg implants it will give off Hcg, in my case I reckon I ovulated on day 19 an that's why I couldn't get the positive so soon! You know your own body so it will tell you. Good luck :)
That is a early positives pregnancy test . I remember having 1 like that so I took it to chemist and the told me they cant be wrong unless there was no line at all .. faded means u are just very early
Ill be two weeks late tomorrow and the test I took Saturday morning was completely negative. I don't know what to think anymore, Breast are still occasionally sore and still getting heartburn. I haven't been irregular in six or seven years. With my sisters last baby she didn't test positive till she was twelve weeks along, but she had more symptoms than me. If it was a chemical pregnancy I should've had something like a period already. Unemployed with no health insurance, If I had insurance id already been to the doctor by now. Anyone else have this sort of problem?
See if there is a prenatal clinic in your area or the health dept. should be able to help. They are typically free or VERY low cost like $5. It could be the stress of everything too. I tried to conceive for 8 1/2 years & everytime I was a day or 2 late I got so excited then stressed when the test where negative & it would push my period back a whole month. My doctor said that happens a lot, but if you miss 2 months in a row there is something else going on.
I had this happen to me for MONTHS...went in for an mri for migraines i was getting and as it turns out..i was pregnant but with an ectopic!!with everything going on i suggest calling in and getting checked out!
I didn't read all the comments but I used this same brand back in December.  It was pretty dark + when I took it.  I did read it in the recommended time frame.  It was + immediately.  But over the course of the day, it did lighten some.  I am 13 1/2 weeks pregnant.

Retesting won't hurt though, but you most likely are pregnant.
well, its really still up in the air at the moment. I felt a little bit of a cramping feeling twice today similar to period but not the same. When I get them, which isn't often, they are a little stronger than that. If the one day of light bleeding I experienced in January right after ovulation was implantation bleeding, that was 4 weeks ago, that to me means I am only 4 weeks if I am pregnant, which is just about too early to detect. My sister said to just take a pregnancy test every week till I get a positive or a period. She was 12 weeks with my niece before she test positive on a urine test.