Pregnancy 25-34 Community
leg cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

leg cramps

Im 27 wks and Im getting real bad cramps/pain in my legs has any 1 else had this, never had this with my 1st x
I had cramps a lot from 26-28wks. :( I'd even get them so bad at night I'd wake up crying. I'm pretty sure they are normal but just make sure you're drinking proper amounts of water and you can never have too many bananas. Good luck & Congrats!
Yeah me 2 was almost in tears last nite it was so sore but woke up this morn and they r gone thank goodness x
Mine were the same every night. I switched to sleeping on my left at about 26 weeks and haven't had them since. It was like a miracle cure! I'd read after that circulation to your legs and brain were impacted if you lay on your right. Not sure how true it is but from the first night of laying on my left they've gone. Now 39 weeks and still fine. I'd only switched to my left originally cos I'd heard it was better for baby. Didn't read the impact to mums circulation until after I'd switched. Its worth a try of you're not already! Good luck x
Oh and the cramps started for me about 17 weeks x
Bananas and lots of water
Thanks 4 ur comments girls i do try sleeping on my left but keep switching 2 my right while still asleep. I'll try bananas n more water c if that helps thanks again x
I get the really bad as well in this pregnacy ans in my first. What I didn't know with my first is if you stand up right away the pain will go away.  Try it next time it really works. Also, bananas and lots of water will help prevent them.
Yes! I get leg cramps a lot I haven't really found anything to help me but I hope u feel better
If they are in your calf muscles stretch your heal to the floor and your toes to the ceiling (as if u were to be sitting or standing)
I have found the last month n a half I have been getting charley horses in my legs. I have been eating a banana a day and it helps. Talked to my doc about it n she said its common. If I wanted to, I could drink a Gatorade instead. Not sure If that's the cramping your are all having, but its worked formme.
But be careful with the bananas. I was eating one a day to help w cramps, and they caused me to be really constipated. Try water and stretching.
My midwife suggested stretching before bed and walking during the day. Also it could be a lack of calcium or calcium absorption. I added a calcium and vit d supplement with the walking and stretching and it helped me tremendously! I was up almost every night with bad cramps.
My midwife had said pineapple juice and tonic water is supposed to be good for cramps, am 17 weeks and have started to get them a little but not too bad yet!
600 mg of magnesium a day and plenty of water. That's what my doctor told me because I got them really bad. Since then I haven't had any problems. Talk to your doctor about it.