Pregnancy 25-34 Community
nursery themes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

nursery themes?

Just curious...What are people having and what is your nursery theme?  

I'm having a boy and his theme is Noah's Ark.
Don't know the sex yet but really want to do gray walls accented with yellow pictures.
Not so much doing a theme. I'm going with more of just a color scheme. I'm going with pink, brown, and lime green.
Im doing winnie the pooh with green and yellow. Dont know the gender.
Not doing a set theme, but my lil princess will have a pink and white wall with a turquoise blue chair rail line. Making the closet doors chalk boards.
We are having a boy and doing a dr seuss theme :)
I live in Nebraska and boy or girl, we are having a Husker theme. Its our University mascot!
Im having a boy and goin to do his nursery in disney cars
Don't know the gender yet, but wanting to do safari animals for either gender
If I could have my dream nursery for our unknown little one I'd love to do that pretty soft pale green wit white n browns. My hubby n I r really outdoorsy so I'd love to do a baby animal theme. For a girl baby owls n fawns etc. N for a boy baby moose, elk and pretty fish :)
I'm so interested in this discussion - why has it become necessary to have a "theme" for a baby's bedroom?  No one has a "theme" for the master bedroom,  or kitchen,  or dining room?  Can't you just decorate your baby's room without a trademarked "theme",  and can't you just have a baby shower with no theme except for a new baby is coming?  

When I had my babies I decorated their rooms in colors I liked,  and with items I liked.  It was fabulous.  A collection of things I like,  the way you decorate the rest of your house.  

Sorry to ask this,  it just seems like parents should be free of this ever-excalating trademarked themes when all they want to do is create a loving home.  
Im having a girl and her room is grey, white & pink! 3 grey walls with a pink & white stripe wall. White furniture.
And i don't understand above... Whether its character related or just colors-its still a theme. I don't see anything wrong with it! I love all of your themes mamas!
I think I'm doing mine a cupcake theme! I'm a ftm and ill be moving to a bigger apt next month can't wait to start decorating!!!
I like penguins & monkeys but not together lol
My sons room is in camo and if we haven't moved to a bigger place & him & the baby have to share I will get pink camo for a girl & regular for a boy, if they have their own rooms I haven't decided!
I love the cupcake idea! How'd you come up with that?
Winnie the pooh..neutral for now... hints of either pink or blue or red depending on sex.
Having a little boy and we did 3 little monkey's theme :) He's due in 8 weeks and everything is ready for him to arrive!
I actually have themes for all my rooms. my room is island. my livingroom is movie theater. and my kitchen is classic coke.
but of course you dont have to have a theme...its up to you.
idk what im having yet but i really liked this theme i saw at babies r us. it's lion king and unisex. i just love lion king. but who knows.....
I'm not doing a theme. I'm not spending that much money for a room the baby will be in for such a small amount of time. Plus, I really don't decorate at all. Lol. I really just don't have space. I have four deer mounts, one full body bear mount, a squirrel mount, turkey feathers, plus an elk mount coming soon, all in my living room. My coworkers are always asking me my theme or bedding and it makes me feel bad for not doing it. I'd been trying to get pregnant for almost two years, so a theme just doesn't seem important to me. I do like the nature themes, but not really worth the time or money. I may get a camo blanket, but that'll be the extent of it. Lol. I'm also youngest child, so I'm getting hand-me-downs, so I only have to get high and stroller. Hoping that'll be a baby shower gift.
Having a boy :) and doing a finding nemo theme
I'm having.a girl nd we painted her room.yellow nd I'm gonna do monkey stickers:)
We don't know what we are having yet, but we are going ocean theme. Sea shells natural browns and off whites with a small amount of the color teal.
Im having a girl the theme is antique vintage, the colors are between white and peach
Flickan I was looking online and saw cupcakes!  it looked so cute. But I think it's going to be hard to find cupcake stuff at stores. And the online stuff was kind of expensive. But I'm doing my best to find those cupcakes! Lol
I saw some cupcake stuff at Michaels about a month ago. Might be an option, ruby.
My first son so I'm going with the classic jungle theme :)
I went with Care Bears for my son and pink, purple and brown with my lil girl
I live in Michigan. We both are big u of m fans so we decided our baby boys room will be maize and blue with football related pics hanging