Pregnancy 25-34 Community
prenatal care

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

prenatal care

It seems that I will not have my first appointment untill I am ten weeks, and it will only be paper work. I will not have a physical untill 12 weeks. Is this bad? I thought the dr was supposed to see me as soon as possible. They do not even want me to do a confirmation blood test. From what I have been told i have to use this ob due to my insurance.
I would ask for an Rx for prenatal vitamins,  and start taking them.

I really don't understand all the doctors appointments that people do so early,  in an apparently healthy woman.  If the pregnancy is going to "stick", there's almost nothing you can do to accidentally harm it,  and if it's going to fail in the first trimester there's nothing that you could (or should) do to try to save it.  

Sometimes,  less is more.  ;D
Thank you for your comment it helped me put my feet on the ground. I was getting pretty upset with the dr's office.  My last pregnancy was high risk with mono twins and we lived on a different base. The care was different. But i guess it can not all be the same from place to place. :)
Oh, so you're in the military?  That explains it - private doctors competing for patients often give them tons of little extras that the military doesn't.  But really,  as fun as it is to have tons of sonograms,  they don't help anything in the first trimester.  Later,  if there are problems with a viable baby,  they're really helpful because you can act on that information.

Best wishes -
I did not even think about that, but it does make sense. :) Thank  you again.
In the uk it's the same unless you have problems as they can give you a scan and the scanner isn't allways able to see everything so it's best for them to get you to wait that's why most ladies end up posting about problem scans early so your doctor is doing the best for you and your baby so makeing you waight is best for you and your baby.. Congrats on your pregnancy
Most doctors where I live don't see you until 10-12 weeks either. Just go get you some prenatal vitamins at any drugstore or Walmart.
Thank you. Just picked up another bottle of prenatal vitamins. The pharmacist recommend nature made with dha. I hope they are good.
In the UK we don't see anybody till 12weeks. That when you have your first scan. Unless there are complications.
I didn't see a dr until I was 14 wks this pregnancy and 16 weeks with my last child and they are perfectly healthy. I took over the counter prenatals until they called some in.
Thank you for your comments they help a lot. :)