Pregnancy 25-34 Community
prenatal vitmins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

prenatal vitmins

What if you don't take your prenatal vitmins
Prenatal vitamins are very importante for you and baby to stay strong and healthy but I haven't always taken my and my baby is healthy. Also my Two kids are quite heathy but i'm not in any way telling you not to take them, You should try to take them as much as possible so you won't blame any baby health issues in the future on yourself.
It's up to you to give your baby a healthy start
I would say its the easiest and one of the most important ways to take care of your baby in utero, you just swallow a pill. It gives baby all the nutrients you can't possibly provide on your own even if you are a "healthy eater". Taking them with a full meal should alleviate most nausea, but if you really can't stand them, my doc. said to eat gummy vitamins so at least you're still getting some additional vitamins necessary for healthy fetal growth. Also, if one brand is not working for you, don't be shy to ask for a different kind :-)
Try the flinstones chewable vitamins, I've taken them for my first two pregnancy and taking them now with my third. Regular prenatals made me nauseated. Take two :) Plus they taste kinda good.
If you dont take your prenatal vitamins, one of the main issues babies are born with are cleft lip/cleft pallet. Folic acid is so important to prevent that (folic acid is in prenatals) Plus, in my opinion, babies are much "prettier" from moms who took them...they just look healthier.
I'd you can't take even the Flintstones ones (I can't), my soc also said have a breakfast shake at least every day.
I would say to ensure to eat nutritional meals on a daily so that you and your baby can absorb all the nutrients to have a healthy start in life. If possible, take your prenatal vitamins. :)
There have been links with to much folic acid causing autism and should only be taken during the first trimester. Also pharmaceutical prenatals have shown a link in causing different mutations in babies because they are not made from natural sources. Your prenatal should be closer to brown in color. Not pink! You should take an organic prenatal and they will not make u sick at all. Yes they are expensive but they are worth it. If u do not wish u take them just eat a very healthy diet to ensure proper nutrients to your baby and it will be fine.
they have these ones that are gummie prenatals made by vitafusion. you can get them at walmart and riteaid. they taste like candy thats what i take
Prenatal vit are most important in the first 6 weeks of pregnancy to help prevent spinal cord problems like spina bifida. That's why its important to take them before your prego. I don't take mine everyday this is 3rd baby i never took them with my first they made me so sick i did take flinestones occasionally he was a very pretty healthy full looking baby. I don't think prenatal will make your baby prettier.