Pregnancy 25-34 Community
restless legs, anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

restless legs, anyone?

For the past few weeks my legs have been killing me! I can't sit still for more than a few seconds without them bothering me and having to move them again. It's very uncomfortable for me and I feel rude when I go out to eat or something with friends. I just sit there fidgeting. I've tried to rub them before I sit or lay down, but it doesn't do anything. I am pretty active so I wondered if it could just be from walking and the fact that I have to go up steps to get into my house? Does this happen to anyone else? Any tips to help? I'm 31 wks pregnant
I am having the exact same issue. Plus a lot of.swelling in my feet and ankles too. It's driving me up the wall. Sleepless nights and all. I have tried everything to help stop it and nothing works. I'm almost 32 weeks. I hope for both of our sakes it goes away soon.
I have been feeling the same for a few days... I took a tylenol  one night but I don't want to do it all the time. I noticed it gets worst when I have to poop and can't, once I do it seems to get better. Sorry too much info!
My mom is a hospice nurse and swears by putting a bar of ivory soap(plain ivory) under the sheets for restlesz leg syndrome. You can try and see if it helps.
At night you cam put a heavy blanket on your legs it works for me
I am 5wk4d pregnant and I have horrible restless leg syndrome! I flop around like a fish at night, and it even bothers me during the day when im sitting at my desk. My mom also swears by the soap trick.....I haven't tried it yet,  but im going to.
I'll have to try that. We have plenty of ivory soap since we make our own laundry detergent. I'll let everyone know if it does :)
I am expecting my 8th baby and get this every time.  I hate it!!  Researched it on the internet and didn't find anything very helpful in terms of helping it.  One thing it did say was not to go to bed until you are ready to sleep.  Another words, don't lay in bed and watch TV.  They are right because I have actually had to get up in the middle of the night and pace!!!  I hate it and I know it is coming for me too :(  I can have to same problem while in the computer too...really anytime you are sitting still, this can happen.