Pregnancy 25-34 Community
sleeping position...HELP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sleeping position...HELP

HI...

i am really worried about my sleeping position..i always prefer right side..i have read an article which says that if you sleep on your back or on ur right side there is a chance of still birth..is that true..in whatever ways i tried i ended up sleeping in my right side only...is there really any problm with it....help..btw i am 19.6 week..
Blank
I sleep whichever way is comfy. This is my third and the first 2 are perfect. Eventually sleeping on your back becomes extremely uncomfortable. Don't stress too much. Try to sleep on your left but don't stress when you wake up on your right. And if this is your first (which m guessing) then I doubt your very big so I wouldn't worry yet.
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I try to stay on my left but sometimes I don't stay that way. I asked my midwife about it & she said if you wake up & you are on your back or other side just switch over. It does affect blood flow to the baby if you stay that way for a long period of time.
Blank
4724796_tn?1361064758
It is up for debate. With my son i slept alot. I slept alot on my right side and he was healthy. I dont see how it would do anything.
Blank
I never heard that, I was just told not to sleep on ur back after 16 weeks.  I usually just alternate between right and left side with a pillow wedge behind my back so I don't role.
Blank
I sleep whichever way is comfy. This is my third and the first 2 are perfect. Eventually sleeping on your back becomes extremely uncomfortable. Don't stress too much. Try to sleep on your left but don't stress when you wake up on your right. And if this is your first (which m guessing) then I doubt your very big so I wouldn't worry yet.
Blank
ya this is my first...and i find it diificult to sleep on my bac ....nyway i am trying hard to sleep on my left...
Blank
I can't just sleep on my left side because I wake up after an hour or two and my hip and/or shoulder are killing me! I'm used to sleeping on my stomach, so this is all annoying. I'd say to alternate between right and left sides. I don't think you have to be too worried about still birth so much as passing out when you lay on your back for too long. When you get bigger, you might feel light headed if you lay on your back for too long.

I'd just talk to your Dr about it at your next appt if you are really worried about it. The baby won't be big enough to make a difference till at least 20 Weeks anyways.
Blank
Doesn't matter what side you sleep on. I'd u wake up on your back, its just your pregnant body telling you to change positions. Try a body pillow or a pregnancy pillow.
Blank
*if
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 25-34 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949