Pregnancy 25-34 Community
stretch marks! :/

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

stretch marks! :/

Im 34 weeks and i was hoping to not get stretch marks but i ended up getting some on my belly and side.): will they go away after i have my baby?has anyone had a baby and their stretch marks went away?
They don't really go away but they lighten in color over time... You can try to avoid them a bit by drinking plenty of water and eating healthy.
Stretch marks are technically scar tissue so no they don't ever go away, moisturizing can help reduce how noticeable they are.  Mine never looked that bad.
You can get some cocoa butter lotion for stretch marks they have a certain kind specifically for pregnant woman to use and use it like 3 or 4 times a day if you had started it earlier in your pregnancy it could have prevented them but if you start it now it can stop more from coming and continue it after the baby is born and it will also lessen the visibility of the ones you have or after baby comes get done miderma skin care for scars and use it as directed and you'll notice them disappear almost all the way
I don't believe cocoa butter or any cream can totally prevent them I have some from pregnancies and I did everything to prevent them. If you are gaining weight to fast your going to get them I have cone acrossed something called dry brushing I have heard other does work bit it takes months so you have to keep doing it! its easy too!
Stretch marks are part of being pregnant, I've used lotions n oils from day one I drink.more than enough water n.have begun getting stretch.marks at about 28 weeks....not much you can really do but.accept them....I was hopeful I wouldn't get them either but Ive had light small stretch marks my whole life just from becoming a women. I hope.my belly button doesn't pop out either but we will see. If you don't embrace the ugly.parts.of.pregnancy you'll drive yourself to depression