Pregnancy 35+ Community
19 day late period............

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

19 day late period............

Hello everyone, I am concerned as to what might be going on at this time. My period is now 19 days late which means it's been 7 weeks today since my last period. I've taken a few pregancy tests here at home about a week or so ago as well as had one done at the hospital along with a blood test and everything is coming back negative. I feel very pregnant. I have one child, he's 23 year old now. I was pregnant back in 2001 and all test came out negative until I had missed two months or so but by that time I was miscarrying. Can someone please help me understand what could be happening  here. I am not doing any bleeding whatsoever. I was told at the hospital about four days ago that my cervix is completely closed, no bleeding or anything but all the test are negative. Please help.
Hi i understand what you are going through my last period was on 9/9 and i still have not recieved on yet.  i have taken three test and all ng i also had a blood test to see if i am going though menopause and the doctor said i am not but i would think she would check to see if i am pregent in that test.  i am set to do a ultrasound next week for the lower stomach pain and back pain.  i have never miss a period not even when i played with the pills.  i have not taken any thing sense april so i have not been taken anything what so ever but i have been getting my period every month.  i did not get sick with my son until i was almost three months but i know i was pregent at three week without any test but i guest i don't to be right know and i need to know before it is to late to do anything about it.  How long do you have to wait before these home test give you a positive.
Thanks for your response. To answer your question as to how long does it take for the test to give a positive. Back in 2001 when I finally got a positive I had already missed a couple months, but by then I had started to bleed and was heading towards miscarriage. My blood beta count was only at 475 and the doctor had me come in two days later and it had only went up to 750. He knew then that I was gonna most likely miscarry, which I did. I'm trying so hard now to get a ultrasound done but the doctors here seem like they won't do one unless the pregnancy test come back positive. I really don't know what else to do at this point. You and I both seem to be in the same boat as far as the amount of time it's been since our last period. After I had missed two periods, the test came back positive while i was still peeing on the stick almost. i was bleeding a little at that time too.
i think she should have tested to see if i was pregent when she did the blood test.  These at home test is whats making me so upset because you buy so many and nothing.  My doctor is so good with me and she is so good about what is going on with me.  i am 38 and having a baby when my son is 17 is not in the picture.  One of the reason i got off of pills and everything else is because i think they was starting to effect my body.  But that was seven months ago and i have had a normal period.  So if the ultrasound come back with nothing i will have play the waiting game.
Yea you're right, these at home test are not worth the money spent on them. i have wasted so much money on those at home test. as of today, i am now  21 days late and officially 7 week and 2 days since my last period. I am trying to wait until i'm a full 8 weeks since my last period and see whether they would do an ultrasound or something. this waiting game can be something else. oh i forgot to mention that about 8 days or so after my period was suppose to come on, i spotted this little brown stuff for about 4 days and it left and never came back. that's what really made me think about pregnancy. i just wanna know so badly what in the world is happening with my body. i've stopped taking my sinus medicine because of the possibility of pregnancy. i've also read too that flu symptoms is a sign of pregnancy so that's confusing me as well not knowing if it's sinus problems that's causing the stuffy and runny nose or am i pregnant.
i do know that when you get a cold that is a sign of pregnancy and right know i catching a cold.  The only medicine i took is some pills for my sinus but it did not effect me July and i have had three period after that.  I have never had medicine effect me but i am getting older and my body is changing but my stomach just look like it is getting big and i am know it has been eight week sense my last period.  My boyfriend is so confused he is going with me for the ultrasound because he said he want to know i found out.
Thanks for the response. I went in on yesterday and they drew more blood and took more urine. Everything still negative. Today I am 23 days late and this upcoming Friday will be exactly 8 weeks since my last period. One thing she did do though on yesterday and I am happy about that is she scheduled me for an ultrasound. I am excited about that. I'll let you know what the outcome is. I'll be checking in as well to see how things turn out for you. Good luck to ya!
I know this was a while ago but was ypu pregnant? what did the ultra sound show? I'm currently going through the same thing. Thank you.