Pregnancy 35+ Community
3 out of 5

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

3 out of 5

I've been pregnant 5 times and this is my 3rd viable pregnancy. I have low progesterone and am very excited to be in my 10th week with everything going smoothly now that the HB is definitely going strong. I'm wondering if anyone else has been on progesterone oral during pregnancy and if they get extremely tired from it or if it's just normal to be totally exhausted in the first trimester. I honestly cannot remember being so tired when I was on this with my now 18 month old son.
I was pretty tired in my first trimester.

If you don't like taking the progesterone orally, they can give you capsules you take vaginally.  More of the progesterone goes more quickly into your system than if you take it orally.  I don't know if that will help with the tiredness (and it's messy, so you have to use a mini pad), but it sure beats taking the darn stuff by mouth.
IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER YOU ARE VERY VERY EXHAUSTED EVERY PREGNANCY IS NOT THE SAME MINE WAS TOTALLY DIFFERENT. WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY SON I WAS JUST TIRED HUNGRY HAD TO PEE ALOT AND GET MAD ALL THE TIME JUST RECENTLY 4 MONTHS AGO I HAD A BABY GIRL WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH HER WOO I SUFFERED FROM TRAMENDOUS BACK PAIN AND IN BETWEEN MY LEGS AKA MY THIGHS HURT SO BAD I COULD BARELY MOVE I WAS CONSTANTLY THROWING UP EVERYTHING I ATE MY BACK HURT SO BAD I WOULD CURL UP INTO A BALL AND CRY MY BOOBS WERE SO SORE AND I JUST GOT VERY PISSED AND EVERYONE.. 4 NOTHING..
Congratualtions.  I was on oral progesterone from week 5 until 10 and now I'm week 12 and still just as tired.  It's so funny bc just this afternoon I thought to myself that I don't recall feeling this exhausted before.  
I am just starting it today and was told to take it at bedtime because it makes you very tired ((hugs))
I've never been given the option of anything but oral progesterone. I've heard about the vaginal kind but might have to ask my Dr if it would help.
It's funny how much is forgotten once a pregnancy is done...I went back to my pregnancy journal from when I was pregnant with my son and apparently I was exhausted then too...just dont remember. I wish I could just take my progesterone at night but I'm on twice a day dosing till 14 weeks. Very ok with the tired tho and thankful for all the helpful comments :)
You are so welcome