Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.
36 pregnant - worried about possible ovarian pregnancy
Hello- delighted to find out I was pregnant! Not so happy when I went for a scan (non vaginal) and they saw nothing in my uterus. :( however they saw a possible cyst on my left ovary. They sent all the infor off to the Er radiologist who couldn't say with any certainty that its ectopic or not- so they sent my info over to another hospital which concluded the same thing. So I had an hcg count done my numbers were 1580 yesterday. I have them again tomorrow and I'm praying they double. I'm holding on to hoping I'm just to early to have seen anything in a scan that way. But today I've had dull lower back pain and on and off again side pain. So I'm loosing my nerve!! I'm so scared its ectopic. If my numbers double tomorrow should I ask for a second scan- transvaginal to find this pregnancy? Or should I take that medicine before it gets worse and I end up loosing an ovary? I've had all pregnancy symptoms except vomiting. And I've had no bleeding. In fact no pain until she started pressing on that ovary to get measurements of the mass they are not saying what it is- now I'm hoping this is all in my head. I need some advice so I can sleep tonight :/ I will post my update as soon a I find out tomorrow. Praying for double numbers an viability!!
I waited three days with a treat of the shot ..dont let them till they show you for sure its in the tube and if it is you can still get the shot as long as your hcg is under 5000..three days ans three vaginal ultrasounds later baby is in the uterus...good luck
Oh my!! You had a shot and your baby is in the uterus?!? Did they think it was an ectopic pregnancy? I'm so happy for you and I hope you have a safe fabulous pregnancy !! If my numbers double I will ask to have them do a trans ultrasound - my other dr told me that cysts can be normal in early pregnancy and I just could be too early to detect with a belly scan- but my lower back pain and ovary pain isn't enough to make me cry, it's just achey (achy) like- so I'm trying not to over think something I can't control. Ugg. Fingers crossed and I hope the best for you and yours!! Thanks
No I didint get the shot they came in twice with it in hand I refused because they saw nothing so he said it was either tubal or a blighted ovum ..I was very stubborn and refused if you cant prove it to me I will not let u kill my child if they give you the shot and then find it in the uterus.the baby will die because of their mistake..on the last day in the hospital redid my hcg and vaginal ultrasound and finally found it ..if your under 6 weeks its very hard for them to locate..I will say a prayer for you and your lil bean..I prayed all night the befire I was like please baby be big be loud be proud and be in the right spot. And sure enough..!
Don't get the shot until they know its not a viable pg you won't lose your ovary or tube this early on if it is an ectopic and you waited a few days. It could very well be too early in the pg to not show up on us when was your lmp? I've had three ectopics all at different stages the earliest was 5 wks and latest 9&1/2wks the one constant with all of them your numbers don't double as they should with all three I had spotting and pain on the side it was on so severe I could barely walk. I'm now 31 wks pg with this little girl and we didn't know how far along I was when I first found out and had to go by my numbers to double and go back for two more us because the first two they couldn't see anything in tubes or uterus but since my numbers were good we waited. With my last ectopic my numbers weren't doubling not even close and they couldn't see anything at all cause I was too early but because of the spotting the pain and the terrible number they knew it was an ectopic I ended up having surgery instead of the shot because I didn't want to chance having to have the surgery anyways after getting two shots and waiting over a week to see if it worked and the baby was at the tip of my tube almost made it to the right place and I was barely five weeks. Also have you had any us preceding the pg that you would know if you had any cysts before getting pg? Good luck and my thoughts are with you for strong doubling numbers keep us posted
So my numbers went from 1580 to just over 4000!! I was hoping for 3100- I'm soo happy. Transvaginal scan on Monday and hoping they fin my baby this time- chances are still ectopic with the mass in my ovary- but I'm staying positive.
Your numbers sound great and I'm sure everything will go just find there are so many other reasons to have a mass or cyst there other than ectopic usually your numbers don't double properly with an ectopic good luck with your us Monday can't wait to hear the good news
So my scan came up with what she said was "fluid sac" in my uterus. She thinks its a part of ectopic ?! My ovary has not grown any- but my tube was inflamed - ?? Now waiting on numbers. Could this still be too early?
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.