Pregnancy 35+ Community
37 weeks today!!

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

37 weeks today!!

Hi I have a question, im 37 weeks today and sleep is no longer possiable for me lol. So im at to ep all night it seems, Sorrry if,this is tmi but ive heard bowel movements is a sign that,labor may be on the way? Is this true, cause ive been to the restroom several times tonight pooping... And im so ready,to have my baby boy!!!! But it's my first pregnancy and I,dont know what to expect at alll please HELP
One way of your body preparing for labour is an increase in bowel movements, but this usually happens within 24 hours of labour starting. It is not a good indicator though as several other things can cause this such as diet and your baby getting bigger and moving down which squashes your bowels so they can't hold as much. Signs to look out for are restlessness, a show, waters breaking and contractions. Saying that, I had a show and my waters broke about an hour or two before birth. It is different for everyone. You will know when it happens as the pain from the contractions stop you from being able to do anything else. Good luck, you are not far away now!
Thank You Very Much! This is my first & I have no clue what to expect! Ive had BM's like crazy the pass 4-5 days and iv'e been very very restless today!  Cant seem to get enough sleep thats all I want to do! Hopefully it'll be,soon though im soooo ready for him to be heree!!!