Pregnancy 35+ Community
39 weeks

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

39 weeks

Okay.... so i have been offered the option to have my first baby naturally or a c-section. I've heard all the side affects of both but still indecided. I go to the docs wed to give my final decision.  And I'm still unsure..  help ladies
Well, with my first I had c section I didn't really have an option. (Umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck) I was in a lot of pain while in labor but after the meds, no pain and they just cut me and took her out. The down side was, the meds were so strong I slept almost the whole day so I didn't get to hold her until 8 hours later.
Well I had my first child vaginal. On my second child and plan to have him vaginal as well. I heard about c-sections, my sister and cousin both had c-sections and said the same thing about it as MrsSkinner. Also the other thing they didnt like about it was the scar it leaves after. But its up to you and what you feel comfortable doing.
My scar isn't bad at all. Its a really small line. I would say go natural unless the baby is in any danger though.

I am trying to make e same decision. I am 31 weeks and have the option to go either way. I have a heart valve problem, but they figure either would be safe enough for me. I am really leaning towards the csection, but having a spinal instead of being out out. So I don't have to worry about missing anything, or time with baby.  But still not 100% sure which I will end up doing....
Am 35 weeks and am thinking of going all natural...lets see how I do :)...but at the end of the day is up to you on weather or not you can take the pain or not...good luck
Will I'll say this labor is painful in opening with number five.  But csection is liver harder more painful recovery I've known many people to have both I'd rather go natural.  Also csection is a major surgery unless need if go natural. I've never heard if doctor giving the option  good luck :-D
Opps baby I'm  pregnant lol silly storm check auto Changes words sorry
I've had 9 vaginal no meds deliveries. 7 were born at home and last two at hospital because they were early. This time I'm trying to have at home again. I'm 32 weeks and so far so good. I would suggest you do it the natural way unless you want to have scar. I heard it takes longer for you to heal if you have one. Plus you're in pain longer afterwards.
I had 3 vaginal births and 1 c section. Vaginals were hell even though none lasted long and I only had stitches once, no complications, I just hate it. Hate the drowsy drugs, hate prolonged pain, I couldn't enjoy it no matter how much I tried. Much prefer the c section. I was much better in myself, recovered faster, my scar is pratically unnoticeable below my bikini line, I healed well. Only downside was the morphine had me cat napping but I held her as they stiched me up and spent lots of time with her all day.

My body defo prefers c section :)

Good luck x x
ive had 3 natural and one c section due to bub number 3 being breech... i definetly prefer vaginal births , hence why i chose number 4 to go natural but you do whats right for you. it wont be written on your tombstone when your gone....  all that matters is a healthy bub and mum
I went all natural with my first and it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I was induced so it didn't last very long.
I've had two c sections. Both spinals. You get to stay awake until the baby is born, but they put you in recovery, then they give you pain meds that will knock you flat. If you breast feed your baby gets those meds too and will be sleeping. I hard a time bonding with my first baby because of this. If I had a choice I would go natural. The recovery process is a lot shorter.
I had 15 hours of attempting natural after being induced. I wasn't dilating at all and my daughters heart rate kept dropping so they increased my epidural (the first painkillers they let me have- due to not dilating- so I could sleep!) And she was born emergency section. Has to be said I'm being given the option this time too and I'm undecided but seeing delivery specialist next month to go through it all. Heart is swaying towards another section though... Recovery was so quick and I was wide awake for days after (literally). I think it depends on the drugs they give you for the op so if you want to hold your baby straight away (who doesn't??) Then you could find out what drug options are available to you. Best wishes x