Pregnancy 35+ Community
40 weeks pregnant with prodromal contractions.

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

so Saturday night i started having contractions that were 3 to 5 mins apart and very painful.. went to labor and delivery and was already dilated to 3 an is 100% effective an hour went by and i dilated to a 4 i spent all night in l&d and  stopped dilating but still having very strong contractions... at 7 am Sunday morning they sent me home told me i was having prodromal contractions and to go home and wait for the contractions to get closer together and even stronger then what they were or come back if any bleeding or my water breaks...its now Tuesday night and im still having these contractions but no progress... what my question is. is there anyone out there that's been through this and if so how long did u go through this before u went into real labor? and this is also my sec pregnancy and was induced with my first a weeks over due..
well I have been having contractions ranging from 3-10 minutes apart all day every day for almost 2 weeks with no progress ( I am only 1 cm dilated and 2 days over due ) so I am being induced tomorrow morning. I would ask to be induced since you are 40 weeks they have an oral pill you can take now instead of pictocin ( spelling? )
I too had contractions (although not as close together as yours) for about 2 weeks.  I stayed at 1 cm for that period of time.

If you are 3-5 minutes apart and 4 cm with 100% effacement, I highly doubt it will be long. Particularly since you are 40 weeks.  Just do not be afraid to go back if you are even remotely concerned or suspect things are progressing.  When women have these prolonged periods of contractions they can sometimes worry about going in to soon.  Don't be.  It's fine if you go 10 times before the real action starts...and always best to err on the side of caution.  Hang in there, it should be anytime now.  I suspect that if there isn't much or any progression after a few days they may decide to induce.  All the best to you and congrats on your babies impending arrival!
I went tho that with my son but if u dilated 4cm they suppose to keep u..