Pregnancy 35+ Community
7wks low hcg

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

7wks low hcg

Hi I am 7wks pregnant and am worried as my hcg level is 495. It has been rising but slowly.

Normally they compare from one day to 2 days later... It is supposed to double... If the rise is very slow then maybe you want to check with your doctor... It could be totally fine so dont stress too much but keep an eye on it :)
I would definitely want to talk to my ob-gyn about this, if it is rising slowly that can indicate an ectopic, and you don't want an emergency.  Please call your doctor tomorrow.
Like the other ladies said, keep an eye on it, it should start doubling every 2nd day, I remember i was having my bloods done twice a week to make sure the hcg levels were rising. My doctor thought i was mad but i didn't care, i wanted to do it for my own peace of mind.
I am surprised that your doctor has not performed u/s yet as your HCG levels should be between thousands by now if u indeed are 7wks... however if ur dates are off could be possible u r measuring weeks behind as ovulation and conception can happen at different times.... i would recommend you speak to ur doctor as soon as possible and ask for further assistance.
Thanks, am waiting on another lot of bloods results tomorrow so will request u/s asap. Thanks again
Well ladies got my blood results and they have jumped to 1030 & my dc. is sending me for a scan. Thanks for your help.
Well, thats great they have gone up, i hope all goes well with your scan.
Im a little worried as it has taken its time to start rising, hope everything will be alright.
Try to relax and wait and see. Hopefully everything will be okay. My levels were very low at the beginning and slow to rise, but I am now 28 weeks pregnant. Some babies just start off slower.
My other 2 pregnancies my levels were rising perfectly and they ended in miscarriage. So numbers don't always mean something.
My doctor was sure that my slow rising levels this pregnancy was a bad sign, and all is well!
Hang in there :)
So I have had a possibleiscarriage, thanks for the advice. Everyone. :-)
I know its hard.... I had one too last month.... The "good" news is that you can try aagin on the next cycle if you want.... I had my first cycle after miscarriage and just ovulated.... All the best.