Pregnancy 35+ Community
8 w fetus measuring small
About This Community:

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

8 w fetus measuring small

Hi.  I charted and knew my ovulatoin - March 30, and I know I conceived right after.  Preg test confirmed about 3 weeks later.  So as of Monday I should be 8w1d.  Went to a new OB and the transvaginal u/s came back baby 5w4d. He said if my dates are not wrong, then the baby will m/c.  It had a heartbeat but he didnt give me the rate- said was good - and said he expects me to m/c this week. I feel fine...although sad at the news.  I have two girls 5 and 3 with one m/c in between.  I have heard that u/s can be wrong or distorted if you have a tilted uterus like i do...
any thoughts on this?  My follow up is Monday and I cannot wait. I dont know if Is hould be hoping its growing or that it goes if its not right.  Any advice or info would be great. Thanks
Tags: first trimester, small measurement
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
Drs office equipment isn't the best.  If baby has a good heartbeat I wouldn't worry just yet.  Drs are wrong everyday!  Good luck Monday.
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
It's so hard to say right now and your best bet is a follow up ultrasound in a week or two.  In most cases if baby is measuring that far behind, it's not a great sign.  However, a heartbeat in normal range is a positive sign.  I don't honestly know much about the effects of a tilted uterus so I really can't comment there.  I do agree with trying that Dr's office equipment is not always the best.  Waiting to see is the absolute worst and can drive you nuts...I have been there.  I think this is probably 50/50 and would hope for the best but also prepare for the worst.  Hang in there, you should have your answer soon.  I hope it's good news and will be thinking about you.
Blank
Thank you to both of you for giving me some feedback...yes, waiting is the worst. I will let you know the outcome on Monday. Fingers crossed!
Blank
Ok -- When I was looking for help on this subject, I found a lot of people never posted follow ups ... well, here is mine. On our appt on Monday the heartbeat was no longer there and the fetus was even smaller than before...like almost deflated.  So it is no longer active.  I miscarried yesterday. We hope to try again once my hormones regulate and I have had a few cycles.  
Blank
Ok -- When I was looking for help on this subject, I found a lot of people never posted follow ups ... well, here is mine. On our appt on Monday the heartbeat was no longer there and the fetus was even smaller than before...like almost deflated.  So it is no longer active.  I miscarried yesterday. We hope to try again once my hormones regulate and I have had a few cycles.  
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
I am so sorry for your loss.
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
I too am so very sorry.  I wish you peace and healing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...