Pregnancy 35+ Community
8 week scsn told only 6 weeks worried

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

8 week scsn told only 6 weeks worried

After two years of ttc finally had natural bfp decided to have scan nurse said the yolk present gestational sac heart beat but no fetal pole and im worried sick got sn emergency scsn next week
Well, a couple of possibilities here.

Are your cycles regular?  Could you be that far off on your dates?  I can say that first trimester dating is pretty accurate.  I'm a bit confused with your question.  Are you saying you did have a heartbeat?  Or is it no heartbeat or fetal pole.

It's a wait and see situation, and your scan next week should give you the answers you need.  I'm sorry your so worried, I've been there and it's so upsetting I know.  I'm glad your getting a repeat next week.  Take care honey.
I don't understand how there could he heart beat and no pole?
I don't under stand either bit thats what the report says we did see the heart beat flickering but my cycles are regular and I got positive pregnancy test three weeks after my period was due. It definitely said no fetal pole was detected its just a nightmare this is going to be the longest week of my life
That just makes no sense at all.  If this were me, I would contact the Dr. for clarification on the u/s report.  I dont' think it's possible to have a heartbeat with no fetal pole, and have to wonder if the information wasn't recorded incorrectly?  

To reassure you, seeing a heartbeat is a very very good sign.  I really think someone has messed up this report.  Please do not put yourself through this...call and ask for clarification.  

All the best to you.
I know will find out friday either way thanks for the reassurance
Well the day has come to see if my pregnancy is viable or not don't think its going to be good need just praying a miracle will happen :(
How did you go today? Any updates?