Pregnancy 35+ Community
Acupuncture & I.U.I. ??

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Acupuncture & I.U.I. ??

Has anyone had success with acupuncture? did it help with infertility?? how about together with I.U.I?
((we are told it is because of the quality of sperm (high morphology rate), that my husband's count is also too high(polyzoospermia), and he has anti-sperm antibodies (from my husbands SA) that is the reasons we have not yet conceived)). He & I are is getting 2 treatments a week. I have my own set of issues, unfortunately, so we were shocked that he too had results that are less than what we hoped to hear. As for me, my left fallopian tube may or may not be blocked (so the NP will only do IUI after an utrasound that shows I am ovulating from the right side). I have been on disability for 2 years because I have an extreme case of fibromyalgia AND CFIDS?M.E. (chronic fatigue to  put it simply). I am in lots of pain almost always & do not sleep well. To top it off, my periods are horrible every month due to endometriosis. So hopefully there is hope out there..hopefully some of you will share your success stories with me.
Thank You!!, Dawn "daybreak"

PS If any of you moms have been pregnant with FMS, I would love to hear how it went (&how you are doing with being a mommy). I know I am taking a risk here, but can not imagine life without children and in May I will be 38~!?! We didnt get married until I was 30... it has physically and emotionally been a long road to get to the point we were TTC, but last January we did :) however, with no pregnancies to date...we still are hoping that these other treatments may work for us. blessings to each of you mommies, moms to be (&daddy's too, of course!!:)
Definatley go the acupuncture route, I cant comment on all the other things you have going on, but acupuncture can help alot and there have been studies done that when acpuncture is combined with ivf etc, it jumps up the success rate, I have been doing it on and off for 6 yrs, everytime I want to get pregnant I go and have it done, good luck
With your symptoms and conditions make sure they thoroughly check your thyroid (TSH, FT3, FT4) and your vitamin D levels.

I used accupuncture and after 6 attempts (and 3 miscarriages) from IUI I got and stayed pregnant.  Currently 30 weeks.

Best wishes
I used accupunture and got preg straight away currently 33wks preg
my wife and I tried acupuncture twice and it failed. On the third transfer we didn't use it and now she is 8 weeks pregnant. Try switching acupuncturists
I bet it wasnt the fact that you didnt use acupuncture that your transfer worked, there have been alot of studies showing that the combination of acupuncutre with ivf hieghtens the success rate greatly
After 3 years of TTC #1, 3 miscarriages, months of fertility drugs thereafter (all failed) and a failed IUI I threw in the towel on Western medicine and went to an acupuncturist on a weekly basis. Within 6 months of my 1st appointment I was pregnant. I am now 21 weeks, 4 days pregnant with a baby boy.  :-)

Along with acupuncture, I was also on a regimen of Chinese herbs (as prescribed by my acupuncturist), healthier eating, moderate exercise and yoga (once a week). Oh yeah, and I'm 40 years old.

Double thumbs up for acupuncture! Best of luck!
I am married for 5 years, trying to become pregnant for 3 years. Not luck, finally pregnant on June 2011 but miscarriage in 5 weeks.  
I am 35 years old, we are really want a baby.  
Now I am going for an acupuncture to see if it can help me.  However I have bad headache right after the treatment, and I feel so tired for 3 days. Is it normal ? Should I continue to go ?
I am 27 years old an I have been ttc since 2009.. I was also diagnosed with pcos in 2007. I tried to rounds of clomid with iui and I didn't ovulate either time. Does anyone have any helpful advice? I was also wondering about acupuncture and if it helps with infertility. I will be continuing my journey in April, any kind of help or advice before I start??
yes acupuncture can help with ferlility, it can also help with regulating your hormone balance etc, you could also try vitex if your cycles are irregular, it will take around 3-6 months for it to work, do not try it if you have regular cycles though as it can do the opposite and mess them up
I've been doing acupuncture for a month now and had an IUI last week. The acupuncturist did recommend I do it twice a week before the IUI and at least for two weeks before I started the Chlomid. The acupuncture works on so many levels- it helps blood flow to the mid section and also clears the channels in the body to be more open to receiving the benefits of any medication. I don't know if it worked this round but I suggest acupuncture to everyone. It does amazing things for the body! I also read about studies that were done and it has been noted that women who did acupuncture and ivf had an increased percentage of pregnancy. Hoping that this helps...
Thanks ladies...I think I am going to look into it because i go for my next IUI in April
You should start doing it now, you really need to be doing it for 3 months to get the full benefit out of it especially for iui and ivf, it will get your body prepared  to accept and grow a baby, ie thicken your uterine lining and warming it etc
Thanks Stacey...I'm going to call some places tomorrow
I think it was just a coincidence that you conceived after switching acupuncurists. Truthfully, acupuncture can only help, not harm you. Most accupuncturists know what they're doing, especially ones that work with patients trying to conceive. Acupuncture can only do so much though. Diet, reproductive health, age, egg-quality. hormonal levels all contribute to conception.