Pregnancy 35+ Community
Almost 8wks after child birth

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Almost 8wks after child birth

Hi every one,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a question about the recovery process after the child birth and wanted to get every one's openion.

I gave birth on 4th May to a 6lb 6oz baby. I had a 2nd degree tear and an episiotomy as well.
The doctor did stitches and now when I take a look at my "girly parts" they don't look that different from what it was prior to giving birth.
I experienced excrusiating pains from the stitches for upto 5wks and my recovery was really slow.

I had my 6wks post Partum check up and the doctor said the stitches have healed well and she couldn't even tell I've had stitches. (this is a different doc, not the one who delivered the baby)
But I have been experiencing some heaviness on my vaginal area when I am standing.
It's like I am carrying my whole body weight on my vaginal area when I am standing. No pain or discomfort when I am seated.

I was wondering if this is some thing you all have expereienced?

I also have gotten terrible hemorrhoids after child birth and any chance this pain is related to that?

Really appreciate your input.
I had episiotomy.  Was painful for about 6 weeks and took probably 6 - 12 months to feel 'normal' again......  
I too have an episistomy and for like 7-8 months after delivery I had pain during intercourse it felt like I was ripping appart again but after a while you will feel normal again I promise
I can't help with the episiotomy, but boy do I have hemmeroids (sorry, tmi I know).  Super uncomfortable, but only in the back end..lol.  So I don't think that would be related.  How is little Seth?  Hope your doing well!!!!
Thanks girls for your answers. So my not even thinking of sex all this time was a good thing.
Breast feeding my little Seth, not even having enough time to eat or shower I don't feel sexy or haven't had any sexual feelings for a very long time.

Amanda: Seth is amazing. love this little boy of mine to death and love to stare at his little eyes. How is Ryder? BTW will these hemmerroids EVER go away? They are so darn aweful!!
Honey if you are thinking about sex with a newborn, you are a better wife then I am..lol!  When Ryder was that small, anytime he slept I was pretty much diving into bed for a nap or eating myself.  Sex??  Not even a thought of it..lol.  It will come back.  Ryder is 5 months now and DH and I are just starting to get back to a normal couples life.  I think it's pretty normal.  Baby just needs all of our attention and that is how it should be.  I am glad to hear he is doing so well.  They are so amazing aren't they?  Every little thing they do is incredible.  Wait until he smiles at you for the first time....OMG!!

I hate to tell you, but I still struggle with the hemmerroids.  I have used pretty much everything available, including prescription suppositories and still have them.  The anusol helps alot though...at least it relieves the itching/burning.  Keep in mind though, mine are probably particularly bad as I have been pregnant for pretty much 2 1/2 years, and was always so constipated.  Hopefully yours clear up faster then mine seem to be.  (((Hugs))) and give little Seth a squeeze from his MedHelp auntie Amanda!!!!
Yes, that heaviness is from your episiotomy. It will get better. Keep doing your kegels.
My hemmeroids shrink after awhile, and they stop hurting but they never completely go away.
One more question girls...I was never constipated during the pregnancy and even now I am not constipated at all. So why did I get hemmeroids? Is it from pushing to deliver the baby?
Yes, it's from the pressure the baby put on your pelvic muscles inh the last few weeks and from pushing.