Pregnancy 35+ Community
Antibiotics - First Trimester

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Antibiotics - First Trimester

Okay guys. I'm freaking out because I found out a 4 weeks I was pregnant, then at 5 I got strep throat. Dr. prescribed Amoxicillin and I took it. Now, looking back I'm really really afraid I may have hurt my baby (I'm 9 weeks now) I understand that I had to take it or it the strep could have hurt the baby. Now, to top it all off, I got a yeast infection from the antibiotics and I don't know what to do. I'm mortified at the idea of taking another medicine. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Hi,  I had a UTI first trimester and had to take antibiotics and now in my second trimester had a sinus, ear and chest infection and had to take Amoxcillan again and I was reassured it was safe.
So try not worry...just try and get better for your baby.
Hope this helps..
Tova
Amoxicillin is considered safe during pregnancy (it is Preganncy Category B). Have you seen your doctor about the yeast infection? There are medications that are safe to use during pregnancy for yeast infection.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and best wishes for a healthy, uneventful remainder :)