Pregnancy 35+ Community
Brown spotting 15 days after IUI (??)

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Brown spotting 15 days after IUI (??)

Hi All:

Well, I wanted to update you and also ask if anyone has any advice or experience.  Firstly, wow, there are just so many variations in symtoms (symptoms) for pregnancy etc.  So, I had my IUI on Oct. 11th, no symptoms and took a pregnancy test on the 6 dpIUI (dumb! was negative).  I waited and on the 8th dpiui, I started feeling specific cramping in one place, very front and center in the uterus area, like a knawing cramping.  That went on for 3 days (with the first 2 days really really strong) Then, last Sat, which was 12 dpiui, I felt nothing, but my breasts became unbearably sensitive, esp the nipple area and a slight tinge darker (not imagined) So, Sun, 13 dpiui, nothing, no symptoms at all, except alot of bloating.  On 13 dpiui, I took a PG test, it was negative??? I of course was really sad/depressed/puzzled as the symtoms (symptoms) were def not imagined.  So I called my Dr. office on the 14 dpiui and they said sorry to hear didnt work.  Now, its 15 dpiui, and this late morning, I started to have brownish spotting  (my periods always start off fire engine red, sorry if TMI, lol) so this was def different and my periods come like clockwork and my period is due either 17 or 18 dpiui...so, I am wondering...could there be a chance I could be pregnant still?  I am so hoping..but at the same time, preparing myself for the worst.  However, I am soooo confused if I'm not, as the symptoms were just too weird?? So, I'm thinking maybe I did experience fertilization but the implantation didnt take?  I am going to take a PG test on Thursday (hate those devil sticks!) and if my period comes before, then I'll know.  My Dr. said she wants to do an ultrasound before starting another round of Clomid and Ovidrel to rule out ovarian cycsts that can come from taking Clomid.  I tell you, this is my first IUI, but its rough going through all this waiting and wondering and hearing so many different experiences etc.  Thanks for reading! and baby dust to everyone out there trying as well :)
Just wanted to wish you lots of luck!!!
It really is impossible to say.  It's not uncommon for an egg to fertalize then not implant...in fact most women trying to have a baby experience this at some point.  We just don't always know it.  Please don't give up hope..if not this round, then on to the next!!  Many women here have been successful with IUI, just not always the first round.  I wish you truckloads of SSBD.  
Hello All,

Thanks for your comments, yes, last night the red lady sang, so yes, this cycle it didnt work.  I'm thinking it was a fertilized egg that didnt implant..one will never know, but I just had so many distinct and strong symptoms.  So, I'm dusting myself off and on to the next try!  I am calling this my trial run, so now I know what to expect (rollercoaster! lol) and hopefully will be a bit calmer next time :)  It wouldnt have been so bad had I not had any symptoms, then it kinds is obvious it didnt work, but all that and then nothing?? Strange indeed.  But, I have faith and you guys are right, you just have to keep trying.  And for those who did get a BFP, well, maybe the month before they got a negative, so its just a matter of keeping at it.  I let myself have a night of pity/depression but now, I'm over it :) and counting my blessings!!  Good luck to everyone and thanks for your comments, they really helped me! :)
My second round of IUI worked. And I did feel different going through the IUI process in regards to af and symptoms. The cycle that worked, I actually felt like af was coming and was prepared for it to show up.  I also did get a +FRER on 10dpiui.

My first attempt at IUI was halted b/c clomid was making cysts grow and ironically I had to go back on the pill to halt their growth. After the first failed IUI my meds dosages were adjusted.

SSBD!
Thanks for your advice!  Ok, yes, we shall see what happens next month.  Off to my Drs. appt now so she can do a check for any possible cysts from Clomid, and then hopefully not, can get new prescription of Clomid and start taking it tonight.

What does FRER mean?  I dont know all the abbreviations.  Also I'm assuming AF is your period? but dont know what it stands for! :)

Also, question, when you did your IUI, did you use one vial of sperm (hate that word!) or two? or maybe doesnt apply if it was your husbands.  I'm using a donor and used one vial last month.  I'm wondering if I should use two vials in one IUI or do 2 separate IUIs days apart.  Many people have told me that is a waste of $$ and $$ is tight..so I'm thinking of just doing the one vial again and seeing what happens.  I know a few people who have gotten pregnant on one vial.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Thanks guys!! This board really helps, makes you feel less alone as I dont know any one personally who is going through this and its a bit isolating.

:D  PS:  what is SSBD?   :)
FRER-first response easrly results (preg test)
SSBD- sticky sticky baby dust
AF-"aunt flow" aka your period

and good luck :)
Thanks!! lol, ok, now I've got the lingo!!

Well, yesterday my Dr. said I have to skip this next month due to 2 ovarian cysts from the Clomid.  So, looks like it'll be in December for the next try..so until then, just sitting tight.

Thanks for the advice from everyone, it sure helps!! :)
In regards to using one vial or two, my opinion is one vial is PLENTY providing the sperm count is good (which usually is from donor companies).  Usually with IUI the dr. is looking for a minimum of 25 mill. sperm and the last 3 times we've done IUI using donor sperm we've had 45 mill, 52 mill & 72 mill.  Not PG yet (my age is a factor, 42), but still trying!

Best of luck to you!! :)
Thanks!

Yes, I hear you, but normally the sperm donor ( which I'm using) the guarranteed sperm count from any and all sperm banks is:  10million per vial.  I know your #s of sperm count are very very abnormal.  That said, I've also done some research and found that there is little correlation to extremely high sperm count, like 60million (I knew someone who had that in a donor!) and she didnt get pregnant in that IUI cycle, and then got pregnant in a 6million cycle..well, I've read that just because its a huge sperm count does not mean its a much better chance of getting pregnant.  The problem I have is my Dr., while I do like her, is very much money motivated and they, many Drs., want to do 2 IUI's because they can charge double the money!  But she told me yesterday, and I have heard this before..some frozen sperm doesnt last long..and it does increase chances of pregnancy is there are two IUI a day apart..so at any rate..yes, we shall see..I've just ordered 2 more vials and think I'll do the one one day and the other another day.  Someone told me always get a donor that has gotten someone pregnant, then you know the donor works!

OK, well, alot of food for thought!  wish you the best, I feel you, I'm 45! so I'm am up against the clock too!! tick tock! ok, thanks for your response and lets keep in touch!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers