Pregnancy 35+ Community
Can clomid produce sore breasts?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Can clomid produce sore breasts?

Hi all,  So this was my first round of clomid.  I am pretty sure I ovulated last tuesday or wedensday. Since yesterday my breasts have been really sore..this morning they were actually painful.  Especially the nipple.  Its way to early for this to be a pregnancy symptom as most likely implantation wouldn't have yet taken place.  My breasts are never sore around ovulation or anything, in fact even during my other pregnancies, they never got this bad.  Could this be a result of the clomid?  Did anyone else have this happen?  As always, thanks for any info you may have.

Amanda
Since you typically have more follicles with clomid your body produces more progesterone that may make your bbs sore.
I hope clomid works for you!!!  
Yes!!!! Clomid did crazy things on me, but it worked!! I got pregnant with Cooper on my last round of Clomid (round 6).  It always made breast sore, gave me bad headaches and blurred my vision.  With all this being said I would still use it, actually I am planning on taking it again next cycle, that is if I don't get a BFP this cycle!! : )

I am so hoping that these are pg symptoms for you and not nasty side effects from Clomid!!!

I got my smiley face yesterday and today, so it looks I will be o'ing tomorrow.  Then I will be in the 2ww like you, but are waaaay further than, I am so jealous!!!!!  

Good luck!!
Rachel
As of just a minute ago, I am not sure if I am in the 2WW or not.  As of last monday I hadn't had my smiley face, then was soooo busy with our move I didn't pick up another kit.  Tues/Wed I was pretty sure I was having O symptoms and then this sore breast thing started yesterday.  I just went potty (sorry, tmi) and there was my cervical mucas. (no mistaking the type it was)...weird.  Will continue BDing just in case, but if I am just o'ing now, that is so late for me.  I wonder now if the sore breasts are just an ovulation sign?  Could I ovulate twice on this stuff?   This is very very strange.  If it was really early pregnancy symptoms, this isn't typical for me.  Usually the first sign for me is headaches.  Rachel, I would love to go through the 2WW with you.  I need someone to hold my hand...lol.
Hey Amanda I here for your girl!! We can hold hands all day long if you want!!! Don't tell my dh he might get jealous!!!!

Just let you know that my biggest and strangest pregnancy symptom with Coop was lots and lots of cm. It started before the big o and last all the way to my BFP!! So maybe this is it!!!!!!!!

Keep up the bd'ing because we are in this to win this!!!!!
Lol, my DH will be relieved!!  I turn into a bit of a lunatic during 2WW, so he will be grateful someone else is holding my hand.  We will get this girl!!  I think this should be both our months!
I agree!!!! Keep me posted!! I want to know every symptom!!!!!

Here's to us, because we deserve it!!!!!
i have been taking clomid 50mg and geritol vitamins. now i am expercing very sore breast could this be a sign of me being preg
First round of clomid im now 7weeks and sore nipples were my first symptom as soon as I took my last pill it seems like it started good luck! I was told clomid shouldn't cause sore nipples