Pregnancy 35+ Community
Could it be over already?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Could it be over already?

I posted yesterday about i was sure it was the onset of my m/c. i went about my daily "chores" and such. we took my son to putt putt and went to eat. on the way home i started having contractions. that continues on for about 1-1 1/2 hrs. i did pass some clots in that time. i finally fell asleep and woke up at 4am and went to the bathroom, and sure enough i passed the placenta, gest. sac, and it looked like a huge clot (sorry TMI) all attached together. it was pretty large. anyway, since then i have a little bleeding and really havent passed much else. slight cramping on and off, but not much else. could it be over already, or should i wait for the other shoe to drop? has anyone had one that lasted less than 24 hrs? im just hoping theres not any tissue or anyhting left :/  thanks to anyone could help!
I'm so sorry that you're going through this.  When I had my m/c last year, i had the cramping/contractions for 2 days and nothing passed until I went to the ER.  (Which I was thankful for - I didn't have to see any of it).  I ended up having a D&C 2 days later just to ensure that all of the tissue was removed.  

Even if you think you may have passed everything, it's a good idea to see your doctor just to make sure.  I'm so sorry for your loss...it's devastating.

Take care of yourself and good luck to you if you TTC again.

well, my thing is im PETRIFIED of having a d&c b/c ive never been put to sleep, and i dont want to now :(  im just praying everything came out. i passed some pretty good sized clots b4 the contractions last night, so im PRAYING it all came out. Uggg! i cant go to the dr until i get my medicaid card which should be next week. im sorry to hear of your loss. im not sure if im goimg to TTC again. i already have 6 children and this is my 3rd loss in 9 months :(  thank you for your help and input.
As you know I have gone the D&C route twice, so I can't comment on how quickly this happened, but when I was having my first m/c I had initially tried to do it naturally, and everything I read and others told me said it can be over that fast.  I hope that is the case for you as you have been through more then enough.  It probably is a good idea to have an ultrasound just to be sure, and if you need to wait for a week, then just watch for signs of infection, which I think is pretty unlikely.  But when you can, do get checked just to make sure.  And if for some unlikely reason you do need a D&C, honestly, it is a very easy procedure.  In in the morning, out in the early evening.

Again, you know how sorry I am, and whether or not you decide to ttc again, I hope you come on and say hi every now and then.  I wish you all the best, and God Bless you and your whole family.
I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage, mamaof6. I've had two myself. One required a D&C and had no symptoms at all beforehand. The other one started with very light spotting for a couple of days, then cramping and spotting for a day or so before I passed the tissue at home. After that, I had no more cramping at all. According to my doctor, that's normal. The cramping usually subsides after the tissue has passed.

As for following up with your doctor, I definitely think that's a good idea, because you want to make sure there's nothing left in there that can cause a possible infection. I didn't have to have a sonogram after, but my doctor did a blood test every week to make sure my HCG numbers were going back down. Once they're back below 5, your body's back to normal again. It only took a couple of weeks before I had a number below 5, so I only had to go in for two blood tests.

Again, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this...
thank you for replying!  First off, let me start by saying im so sorry for your losses. So, w/ your 2nd m/c, how long did it take to pass all the tissue?  w/ mine, i passed some lg and small clots for a few hrs, on and off. then i had cxtns. friday nite and finally fell asleep. then i woke up at 4am, an dpassed a HUGE piece, which i fished out the toilet and i know that it was the placenta, gest. sac (still intact) and im not sure what the big blood clot looking thing (sorry TMI) was that was attached to it. but it all looked intact and there. after that, it was like im bleeding lightly, but not really any more clots :/  did you pass clots after you passed the baby?  thanks 4 your help :)
I passed one of my m/c naturally and it did pass in about 24 hours.  I started bleeding late in the evening and passed everything by the next afternoon and the cramps stopped. And I had lite bleeding (no clots) and it was done.  I had a u/s a wk later and it had all passed.  So I truly hope the same for you.  

My 2nd was a d&C and its really nothing to fear I promise.  

I am sorry for your loss....all the best to you.
Thank you! that is very encouraging!  i sure hope its all done! i have a little crampiness off and on, but nothing bad at all. i am going to go to the dr. next week and i sure hope its all over with :0  Good luck to you in this journey! im glad all is well this time :)
Hi again! Yes, it was pretty much over in a few hours. My miscarriage was actually very similar to what you're describing...just that I passed the sac first at around 11:30 p.m., then woke up in the middle of the night and passed another large clot (maybe the placenta?). So, all in all, I passed all the tissue within a few hours.

Take care of yourself...
I'm so sorry for your loss.  My third m/c I was 7.5 weeks and it sounds he same as yours I had slight spotting the night before then the next day came the contractions for a couple of hours then I passed the baby which seems so very small.  TMI ( the sac was light brown and jelly like.baby about the size of two pieces of rice on top of eadh other)  I then had a couple of other small clots and then what seemed a normal period after.  This may sound weird but it was the easiest of my 3 m/c's (I had one at 18 weeks (baby died at 11 weeks) and the second one was at 14 weeks that one was definatley the worst and like I said my third at 7.5.  I hope this information helps and oh by the way with my last one I did go for a u/s 2 days later just to make sure I had passed all the tissue as seemed like I hardly passed much at all but the u/s came back all clear.  I wish you all the best, take care Dawn.
I was 7.5 weeks when i had my m/c and it happened on jan.5 now 12 days later im still spotting blood. i havent went to the doctor yet i have appt 3 weeks later what should i do? should i go to the emergency room or just wait for my doctor's appt .  I have no cramping just spotting this is my first m/c. I already have 2 children which are 13 & 9 yrs old.  I dont think that i will try again im scrared .
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks. Mine also passed naturally and completely, I did not need a D&C.  I was achy for several days afterwards, however the emotional healing took longer though. I had to go in for blood tests to make sure my levels returned to zero. Take it easy and rest. I had 2 healthy pregnancies and babies afterwards. Best wishes to you!