Pregnancy 35+ Community
Curious

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Curious

I am 37 weeks pregnant and my belly is still really small, ultrasounds show that the baby has no room to grow, there is only a little amount of fluid around baby and my cervix has already thinned out. I am just wondering if I ask for the hospital to induce me, if they will or not. I am worried about my baby and its growth the doctors have already said my baby is quite small and his head and belly are crushed and not to ratio. Advice please on what I should do? I am only 16 and have no experience in this area.
Well if dr is saying he's small and has NOOO room to grow nor alot of fluid may be safest from the sounds for him on the outside.  Nothing u did wrong.  And only 3 weeks early he'll be okay not like your 2 months early good luck keep me in touch.
I would discuss this with your Dr. If they truly feel that baby is out of room and has low fluid they may suggest inducing early.
True,  discuss with doctor and s /he shd give you options ideal for baby but I would agree with others,  its better outside than inside and will still be full term. Baby will grow well when taken out. Hugs
I would definitely ask to see the possibility to be induced. The fact that your fluid is low is a concern. I have to have my kids early for the same reason. When they have little fluid it can affect their brain. The fluid helps get them oxygen so do what you must even if it's a c-section to ensure your baby is better born now. Good luck.
i am going through the main hospital and only get to see the doctor when necessary. seen midwifes yesterday and told them about my concerns and they told me all the discomfort is normal and that the baby is little but thats only because i am, they dont see anything wrong with the fluid and there is only a few weeks left so i will be fine. but everytime i go to the hospital for appointments i have different doctors and midwifes and they dont know what is going on other then the little notes they leave in my health book. they will not induce me with is making me worry just hope they making right choice :/
I would like to say to follow your instinct! If you feel something is not good so go to your dr. and NEVER be shame to ask any question you have.  Also it is important to pay atention to your baby movements if anything change you have to go to your drs. Good luck!