Pregnancy 35+ Community
Egg donor success stories

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Egg donor success stories

Hi there,

I am all set to do IVF using an egg donor in September and wanted to hear from other that have done the same.
I have started my meds so has my donor.  I am 43 1/2 ad ready to be a mom!
I am 43 and just had my second IVF with donor eggs.  The first transfer was done with 2 fresh embryos.  I miscarried at 6.5 weeks.  I only had one embryo to freeze and we were told with only 1 to transfer, we had a 48 percent chance of success.  We are cautiously optimistic at each doctor's visit - but we are 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  It only takes one!  With a lot of prayer we are  anxiously awaiting our next doctor's visit.  Good luck!
I have had two tries with donor eggs.  The first resulted in twin gestation, but a vanished twin at 8 weeks (not learned until week 12).  However, the resulting baby stayed, and is now 3 1/2 years old.  No problems carrying the pregnancy except of course the vanished twin.  Second shot with the same donor resulted in an identical twin pregnancy that miscarried at 9 weeks from twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome.  I believe we will try once more with a new donor in October.
I read a blog called Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters who has an incredible blog roll. She has a section for donor gametes with many, many, many blogs of families who have been there. You might want to check it out if you'd like to see other stories...

http://www.stirrup-queens.com/a-whole-lot-of-blogging-brought-to-you-sorted-and-filed/donor-gamete-and-surrogacy-room/

I used a donor egg with IVF.   It is early in my pregnancy and we will know more after my first ultrasound this week.  I tried IVF once before with a donor egg and had a miscarriage at around 5 weeks, so I am a little gun shy this time around.   Hopefully this one will stick and I can continue to report good news and a good experience.  I have questions for those of you in donor programs...   What type of donor program was it? Ex:  "Shared" program or insurance program where you get more tries for a higher price?  I am asking because it was expensive since we had to do this twice...wondering if I should have tried an insurance program.  (Hind sight is 20/20).  Did you use a donor you know or did you pick an "anonymous" donor?  My biggest question was "Do I do a day 3 or day 5 transfer?"   I chose Day 5 and had none for freezing...but hopefully that won't be an issue because I'm praying this one to stick.   I wish you luck.
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat!  I started my lupron last week and I got for bloodwork and Ultrasound tomorrow.  How are you doing?  I am so anxious but trying to remain calm and stress-free.  We are aiming for mid-September retrieval!  SSBD to you!!!!!  
Mine is a long and complicated story using a known donor... I fell pregnant on our first try, but m/c'd a 7 wks (due to uterine adhesions).  We have a new RE and 7 remaining embryos.  Our new RE is going to thaw out the embies and try to get them to blast.  If so, we will be doing a Sept 8th transfer, if not.. it's back to the old drawing board for us.  I do believe we will be using a refund program next.
  I am just praying with all of my heart that this time works out all the way around. the thawing and the transfer ending in a BFP.   I'm 43 and soooo ready to be a mom!

Sticky Baby Dust to Everyone!!! : )