Pregnancy 35+ Community
Fibroid on outside of uterus/strange lump in belly.

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Does anyone have any experience with a fibroid on the outside of their uterus? Since about 18 or 20 weeks I have been able to feel a rubbery lump under my skin about 3cm x 3cm which moves a lot as the baby moves. Before I go on I must say that it is NOT a part of the baby sticking out - my OB has confirmed this.  When I initially asked my OB about it it was near my belly button and he told me it was most likely scar tissue. But since getting further in my pregnancy (I am now 34.4 days) it is getting more prominant. If the baby is pushing up against the front of my stomach it really pushes this fibroid / lump out and it becomes very obvious. I have had numerous ultrasounds since becoming pregnant, plus I had a HSG before getting pregnant and this has never been picked up. As I said - the lump moves around my belly according to the positioning of the baby - it doesnt seem to be fused or 'stuck' onto anything. Sometimes its down near my belly button, sometimes if the baby is up high it can he up high under my breasts. Sometimes it sticks out so much it looks like my belly button has popped out or I have an unbilical hernia, but then the baby will move and it just seems to disappear again. When it is out against my skin it is very painful if I press on it. Even slight pressure on it hurts it.

My OB has sent me for an u/s which I have scheduled for Monday because he says he has never seen anything like it, but said it may possibly be a fibroid which has grown on a stork hence the movability.
hi, so what ur OB is now suggesting. i have same problem and i just read ur question. can u let me know after july how was everything and after baby is everything fine now. im so much confuse because everything is new for me. yesterday my u/s lady told me about that and since im online and reading everything. but only your problem was one that exactly match with my situation. so pls post your response. thanx
i had the same problem while pregnant and was so worried...but my delivery was great and it didnt affect the baby.  Its best not to worry.  My OB thought it was so weird ...i had a 10cm fibroid.  My baby boy is now 3 months old.