Pregnancy 35+ Community
First period after D &C

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

First period after D &C

I had a D&C on 30 June and was almost certain I oveulated 14 days later.  Right on schedule I started bleeding in the last couple of days and thought it was a period, however the bleeding has just stopped.

I was wondering what is the normal time to wait for a period after a D & C?  Is it longer than for a natural miscarriage?  My period was right on schedule after my natural miscarriage, so I thought it would be this time too.
I O'd 14days after my DnC too  & it was a very strong ovulation!!!  I am like clockwork....28 days.  But after my DnC I got my period on CD32, & the other 2 I mc'd naturally I also got  AF 28 days. So after the DnC I was 4 days late for me.  
My RE that I'm seeing now said that was really good, & that for most women it takes 6-8 weeks.  But it was a normal period that I had, 4-5 days.  Then exactly 28 days later another & so on..............BOY, I wish they'd STOP & I get preggo!!! LOL
I too think that's a very good sign that you had a regular/natural cycle right after your D&C.  Usually the first few cycles are different before getting back to normal.  I hope you get your BFP soon! - jen

P.S.  I hope you get one too, ita17.  
I believe I o'd about 3 weeks after both my D&Cs.  I think that because I got my period about 5 weeks later both times.  I agree with Jen, if your cycle is returning to normal that quickly, that is a good sign.  Mine took a while. Good luck to you.
Thanks ladies.  It sounds like returning to normal after a D & C takes a bit longer.  I'll just keep waiting.  No more blood now for 2 days but it wasn't enough to be a period.  I was sure I ovulated at 14 days.. oh well.  It is 3 years since my natural miscarriage so maybe my cycle is not as regular as it was.
Thanks!!!!!  I am sure hoping & praying I get pregnant this month!  I'm very positive & feel great about it, but at the same time don't want to get my hopes up ;-/

K..... you know that could have been a period, just a small one & your NEXT period could be a bigger one.  That happened to me w/my first mc 9 years ago..... it was natural, I took something to help it along, very easy better than my periods.  First period wasn't so bad, BUT BUT BUT the period AFTER WOW that was a good one.  I was crampy & it was strong!  
I'm sure your cycle will be normal soon.  Our bodies are amazing :) & they want to get back on track asap!  Our minds are the part of "us" that wan'ts things NOW !!! LOL
My cycle came 5 weeks after my D&C in March.  Then every 28 days thereafter.   I was happy to see it come.  We got a BFP this month, but cycle came 4 days late...bummer. I guess it takes a few months to get rolling again.  Good luck to you.  
I don't know if it could have been my period but we were going to TTC after the first period.  When it started we stopped trying not to anyway.  I figured that even if it wasn't my period I was pretty sure when I ovulated and I am probably not fertile now anyway.  However, I promised myself that if the first period was "light and funny" I would not TTC until after the next good one.  But now I don't feel like waiting. I hope my body knows what is good for it and won't conceive until it's ready!
Looks like it was my period.  Now it's another 4 weeks later and I am having a doozey of a period!  Well it's nice to be back on track so I can give it a good try next month.