Pregnancy 35+ Community
HCG rising slowly
About This Community:

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HCG rising slowly

Hello

I am new to the blog.

I have been an IVF patient for the past 4 years.  I have had three ectopics and resulted in me losing both my tubes. Last week I had a positive preganancy test and my hcg was 200.  yesterday my level was 340, the nurse advised me that they really wanted them to double.  I am a bit worried but I am hopeful that it will work out.

Anyone who has experienced the same?
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Mine was slow with my first. Didn't double. But as long as it was rising then the doctor wasn't overly worried.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
The nurse was being a little bit absolutist.  The official language I've seen about whether the number should double is that it should do so in 48 to 72 hours.  It sounds like you're OK so far.
Blank
Thank you very much.
Blank
Thank you, I am hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed.
Blank
I found out today I am pregnant, after 5 day blastocyst IVF transfer 7 days ago. My HCG was 19. My OB was worried they were low, but my IVF Dr. Said they were GREAT numbers. Tomorrow bloodwork again. Twice a week now. I was told by my OB they needed to double, but IVF Dr said as long as they are increasing steadily it was ok. I tend to go with my IVF Dr, he does do this for a living. His nurse insist they must double, but, HE is the Dr not her, so I'm not worried. Lol. I have 5 children of my own, without IVF. This one I am a gestational carrier for my cousin. She had 17 miscarries and 5 failed IVF on herself.
Blank
Woow, this is very encouraging, thanks very much.
Blank
Hi guys

This is an update. Had another blood test today and my levels have gone up to 1700 and I am so excited.

Thank you everyone for the support.

All the best to us all
Blank
Congrats.... n continued luck... God bless you n baby...
Blank
unfortunately, I started bleeding yesterday and my levels dropped significantly. I was at the ED and they advised that I'm miscarrying.  Will keep on trying.

Thanks for the blessings
Blank
1021834_tn?1379295900
Was really hoping for a good result for you.  So sorry to hear this.  Praying for a better future!
Blank
Saying a prayer for u and ur family.
Blank
Thank u :)
Blank
Thank u :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker