Pregnancy 35+ Community
High FSH Levels

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

High FSH Levels

I just found out that I have an abnormally high FSH level. It's 12.5 and I'm 37. My doctor is not too hopeful about my conceiving and has refered me to a specialist. The specialist's nurse told me as I was making the appointment that my levels were so high, I would have a really hard tiem getting pregant and not to get my hopes up. Has anyone had levels like these or a similar problem. I'm so unhappy right now and can't stop thinking about it:
  • Very High FSH (74 replies):
    I turn 35 next month. TTC for 3 years. My RE called with...[more]
  • High FSH (7 replies):
    I am 34 years old and had an FSH level of 26, after the ...[more]
  • High FSH (10 replies):
    Last year, April 2007 at 42 I became pregnant. I was no...[more]
  • High FSH Level (15 replies):
    Hello, I just found out to my surprise that I have a FS...[more]
  • High FSH Level (4 replies):
    Hi, I'm 35.5 yrs old and was having a irregular period ...[more]
I went through a depression when my doc said that my FSH was a 13 and I'm 30! What it really means is that your body wont make as many eggs (with fertility treatment) as someone with a normal FSH.
    With repronex and IUI I made 6 mature follicles (on 450 amps a day)...got pregnant and am 13 1/2 weeks along!!!
I thought that this was the end of the world but it's NOT.
   My friend who's 27 has an FSH of 21...she's close to entering menopause at 27.  Our RE gave her lots of drugs and with IUI she now has a 7 month old.
Hi Cruis2211 -

I think this is the one of the things about dr.'s that upsets me the most, is that some (now I say some) don't really take an aggressive approach to fertility.  It is true that 12.5 is higher than dr.'s like to see, but this does not make your chances of conception impossible.  There are many factors that go into determining a successful pregnancy.  And, a higher FSH generally means that you have a decreased ovarian reserve - or an indication that you are at the beggining stages to decreased ovarian reserve.  My suggestion is that you see an RE in your area and tell them your situation. Ask them what their approach and success rates with women who have higher FSH rates.  I don't remember who it was, but, there was a women on this web-site who is in her 40's and had higher FSH.  It took some time, but she was able to conceive and had a healthy baby.

Don't give up hope with one dr.'s opinion.....  I will keep you in my prayers.  

That level is not astronomical. It's elevated, but not sky high. FSH can fluctuate, too. I don't know off hand what the herbs/vitamins are, but there are some that will help lower FSH. FSH is just an indicator of reduced reserve. More indepth tests may show different.
I started taking wheat grass pills and after taking them 2 months my FSH dropped to an 8 and I stimulated better with repronex.  Also took Damiana which strengthens the egg...and with higher FSH you want to find the best eggs.
There is a great book, called "Inconceivable" by Julia Indichova.  She was diagnosed with very high FSH's and tried many different natural remedies when conventional medicine couldn't help her.

The month she conceived, her FSH was over 30.  She had been flatly told this was impossible.  

The book goes into great detail about the things she tried.  
I am 38 year old. and my FSH is 110! there's  no catamenia since the operation in March last year(embryo was found dead on the 50th day). I gave up the conventional medicine because I was told that it's impossible for me to have my own baby and I turned to Chinese traditional medicine.
There are a few of us on here ( mainly Infertility Forum ) with high FSH at a youngish age, including myself, another is Carina1 and Janemelbourne. Dont panic. I am 34 and was told my level was 11 ( test taken 6 mths ago ). I got on the net, and the research I did made me depressed. Like Tina 1111 said, it's not sky high and may just be an idicator of the initial stages.
I am booked into IVF Unit next week, and read too that the chances of conceiving are reduced with higher FSH levels, but I had a BFP this morning on a hpt! Still can't believe it!!.. So whatever you do, do not get depressed or give up hope. Don't dilly dally though, time is of an essence. Good luck
I feel for anyone who had the FSH level testing and was told that their level was too high to ever get pregnant with their own eggs. I am 43 and my levels were 25.5 and 45.5. I was told that I would never have my own baby, and egg donation or adoption would be my only option for a child. I was devastated, but after a few hours I decided that I wasn't going to only take his word. I found a much more compassionate and knowledgable fertility specialist who said my advanced age is the real factor, not the FSH levels, which may or may not play a role. IVF was discussed and the question was whether to try with my own eggs (a 5-10% chance of pregnancy) or a donor's egg (a 70% chance of pregnancy). We didn't have the money for IVF so for the time being, I turned to Chinese medicine - acupunture and herbs. I started doing the home ovulation testing (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!) which showed that I ovulate very early for a 28 day cycle. It's been about 4 months since those FSH tests, and I found out 4 days ago that I am pregnant. It's very exciting, but scary at the same time because I am 43. I have to believe that this gift have been given, is a mircle in itself and if I've beaten the odds so far, I will beat them all the way through my pregnancy and have a healthy baby. It's so important to find positive doctors, and to turn to other natural/spiritual types of healing practices. And to anyone who was given similar "you can't get pregnant" news, a doctor is only human. They can't really know, so be proactive, research yourself, and shop around for the doctor that you click with. :o)
I came on too strong and decided to be aggressive about getting pregnant for the first time at the age of 43. I went to see an infertility doc just when my hubby and I decided to stop any form of contraception. My FSH is 15 and of course I was turned down by my doctor. I have decided to try on my own for a couple of cycles then try acupuncture and natural remedies. We cannot afford donor eggs. Please tell me what time of your cycle did you start taking the Wheat grass pill and at what dosage?
I am 46(!) and pregnant for the second time in 6 months without fertility treatments.  My 3rd day FSH was 10 last January, then I got pregnant in April, and sadly miscarried in June (likely due to the age of my eggs, definitely not my FSH score).  I had my FSH tested again in late August, and it was 11, and that very cycle I got pregnant.  Ironically, when you're 46 and your levels are 10-11, doctors think that is a very good score and do not dismiss the idea that you might conceive.  So if I can get pregnant twice at this late age, all of you younger women should not give up!  If your FSH score is high, your quantity of eggs may be limited, but they are still of high quality, so ivf will be an option for you.  
Just to add to what I said in my last post--I meant ivf will be an option, in addition to trying to conceive on your own, of course.  Also, I really agree with Wendy about the importance of knowing when you ovulate.  I also ovulate early (on day 11-12), and so during those two days I test every 12 hours to really pinpoint the window in which I'm fertile.  What has worked for me is to then try to conceive within 12 hours of the first positive ovulation test, and then again 24 hours after that.  
I am 36 and have had 6 preg over the last 4 years.  I have had one successful preg.  Last Nov. I had a molar pregnancy.  We recieved the go ahead to start trying again and have not had any luck.  My Dr. just checked my FSH and I got a call from the nurse today that it was 12.5.  I have not talked to my Dr. yet but know this is very high.  After all the mc I am so sad to hear this now.  I am losing hope.  We are so blessed to have our daughter but dreamed of a big family.   I am open to alternative med. but feel like I do not even know where to start.

I am 34 and I am pregnant (5 weeks) and I had a fsh 12.3 after clomid challenging test, the rest of the hormone values were fine. I got pregnant in the first cycle of femara and gonal f and timed intercourse. Don't lose your hope and faith.
I haven't had a period in 3 months...Got concerned (I had been diagnosed last year w/Hashimoto and take synthroid .50mcg  Otherwise in great health.  Could spare to lay off the snacking and get on the treadmill more often!) so I went for a dr. visit and to my shock, my FSH very high 70.  I looked back at my previous labs (I go to an endo. for TSH, T4, T3, etc. every 3 months for check-ups) and they were 10 and 11 at my last check-ups.  Is it possible for FSH to spike this drastically?  I know that I am getting older-33.  We want to have a family but haven't started trying.  My gyn and endo. sent me to a reproductive end. and he wants to aggressively monitor me-he did not want to discuss why this is just how to treat it.  I am so oblivious to what this is all about but I am clear on the fact that I may be in a dire situation if we want a family (if I am blessed to even get pregnant).  Does anyone have any similiar situations? I mean, could I be in peri menopause? I have had my period monthly up till now.  Thanks for your time and advice to anyone who shares their experience with me!
What dosages of femara and gonal f did you take and on which days of the cycle did you start?  I went through IVF with consequnt progesterone supplementation but miscarried at 11 weeks.  HCG levels were low from the start and they could not find the embryo at 11 weeks.  I need a different avenue.
I'm 42, and just found out when going in to discuss IUIs (successful IUI/pregnancy 2 years ago) that my FSH is 22.5.  I was devastated.  But researching and not giving up - ordered "Inconceivable" a few days ago, so looking forward to reading that and doing whatever it takes to get another shot and pregnancy.
I will have to check out that "Inconceivable" book.  I'm in a similar situation.  Age 33.  FSH level 30.5.  I had no idea there was a problem until I had one irregular period and called my ob/gyn.  Next thing I knew, I'm at the infertility specialist hearing that my levels are traditionally considered untreatable; my only option might be egg donation.  My doctor is great; he's running lots of tests to uncover the reason and is willing to try fertility treatment anyway.  Just wondering if anyone else out there has had success with a live birth after an fsh level this high.  
Did your doc figure out anything? I am in similiar situation.  Very weird.  I got one wacky cycle and I was also sitting right where you were.  Came right out of left field.   My doc put me on estrace and i produced follicles on my own...so you know, I mean, it is a tough thing to hear but there are ways around it if you have the right doc.  I hope u are in good hands and have a good doc and helpful support system.  I know how you feel.
Thanks, sunn.  I do have good support.  Hope you do, too.  I'll see the doc next week to discuss latest results and options.  Only had one day 3 test of FSH; the rest has been checking for possible causes of premature ovarian failure/menopause.  Doc ordered MRI that ruled out pituitary tumor.  Latest tests involves a further check on thyroid and some kind of antibodies and genetic testing - karyotype and fragile X, I believe.  Nurse said all results are normal but the doc should tell me more next week.  Let me know if you want to get in touch.  Do you feel comfortable posting your email address?  
Hi ladies. My fsh level peaked at 13 at the age of 34. I was devestated and thought all was over. I am happy to announce that I had my twins (via ivf) on 10-27-07! It can happen so don't give up. Just find yourself a good RE who is well versed in how to treat high fsh'ers!
I got diagnosed with an FSH of 12 today and I'm 37yo.  Dr recommends injections, but we want to start with orals first.  He says my chances of conceiving w/treatment is 30%.  Does that sound right?  Is there data out there that gives a range of FSH to chances of conception?
i'm 42.  earlier this year i had an fsh of 9.  next month i spiked to 39.  bought "inconceivable" and followed verbatim, including shot of liquid wheatgrass from juice bar every single morning.  one month after 39, got a 15.9, one month later 14.2.  i highly recommend this book.  it's not just good for your fsh, it's good for your overall health and soundness of mind as it stops your helplessness and puts you back in the driver's seat of your own life.  good luck!
update:  had my fsh taken again today and i am now a 6.5.  from 39 in july, following the "inconceivable" lifestyle, to a 6.5 today.  read this book!  and good luck...
Dear all:

It's my first time in here.  But this forum look quiet, is anyone here!!!!!

Thank you milliek, I will get the wheatgrass but does it have to juice? how about the tab and taking in the afternoon?  I hope you guys are doing great.  May I hear how you're doing since it has been long time.
Dunio
Hi, I lost track of this forum and hopefully you'll check in...let me know if you would like to chat.  I wanna know how you are doing.  We have a similar story.
Hi all,

I'm 42 and recently had my cd 3 FSH level result of  16.  I too was devastated.  FSH was just 3 in March of this year.  I also had my estradiol on cd 3 it was 60.    I'm still waiting for cd 10 results of FSH.  I'll try the wheatgrass.   Can anyone tell me when/how much wheatgrass to try?  Has anyone had an FSH of 16 and gotten pregnant?  Does Clomid affect your FSH level?  (meaning could the Clomid be responsible for my higher FSH score this time?

Hi.  I hadn't checked this in a while... seemed pretty quiet.  The latest is that my thyroid antibodies testing came out normal.  I also had genetic testing - fragile X and karyotype - for underlying causes of my premature ovarian failture.  The karyotype showed an abnormal amount of cells test positive for Monosomy X or Turner's Syndrome.  Usually this defect results in miscarriage.  If a girl is born with it, she usually has stunted growth, underdeveloped sexual organs, infertility, etc.  Since I had a smalI amount of this defect, I could have a mild form, only experiencing the infertility.  It also affects the heart and kidneys, so this week I am getting an Echo and Renal Ultrasound to ensure it wouldn't be dangerous for me to get pregnant.  After those results come in, we'll figure out what's next.  My specialist has been willing to try fertility treatments but cautioned me that my chances would be very slim, if any, of having success with anything other than egg donation.  The Turners could mean no chance whatsoever on my own.  I am trying to hang in there...  How are things going for you?
hey, yes, i was asked by 1 of my re's to do the karotype and fragile X but haven't done it cause my primary re kinda blew it off...not in a negative way, but didn't seem too concerned b/c i have high level of anitbodies for the hashimoto thyroidis and now i tested for ANA antibody but the rhumatologist thinks it is a "false positive"? who knows. Wants an Echo, chest x ray and pulmonary function test.  i don't think he thinks i have it cause he calls it "non helpful information".  Basically nothing we can do about it now kinda thing.  My cousin tested for it too a while ago-has a 3 year old and 1.5 year old.  no high fsh though.  have you been cycling-do you get vag. ultrasounds? Take prenatal vitamins-you are young, and that is what my docs are telling me...your age has alot to do with it! don't let it screw with your head-i know it can be freaking you out as it does me, but DON't let it.  email me...bkr129@hotmail
cycle day 10 fsh levels are in. I"m at 25.  Very high indeed.  I'm a single woman of relatively modest income and can't afford donor egg/IVF option.   Am completely devastated.  Would like any stories from anyone who has conceived using her own eggs at or about the age of 42 with FSH in the 20's.  Anybody out there?  
Last year August, my husband and I went to see a fertility specialist since we had been trying to get pregnant for 3 years (I was 38 last August).  My FSH level was 11.1 at that time and my periods were very irregular.  Doc prescribed hormone therapy to help produce eggs.  I was scared to death of the thought of giving myself shots in the stomach.  I prayed to God that I would end up getting pregnant naturally (without hormone treatment) and guess what!  My prayer was answered!   I ended up finding out I was pregnant in late November 2006 and now have a beautiful healthy baby boy who's 4 months old.  Don't let any OB/GYN try to discourage you all.  I've gone through that as well.  I was very depressed a couple years back after one doc said it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant because I was considered peri-menopausal.   All I can say is that miracles happen every day.  Put your faith in God rather than stress out over FSH levels!  I just found out my FSH level is now 70 four months after giving birth!!???   That's considered post-menopausal!!   Miracles do happen.    
Wow, that truly is amazing.  You have a miracle baby for sure!!  Congratulations!!!

I stronly urge "The Infertility Cure" too.  I'm learning so much in this book.  I am determine to be pregnant before 43!  (June)
I just purchased that book also.  And love it!!!  I'm 42, will be 43 in 3 short months and I feel the FSH rising as I type.  My last FSH cd 3 was 15.  My dr. seems to think I have a chance of pregnancy and should try for a few more months.  I go in for my 4th IUI in the next week sometime.  Good luck to all of you!!
Good luck - and the 6th IUI was the one that worked for me - hopefully yours will be # 4!
Thanks Sagermom!    You've given me some hope.  Congratulations on your pregnancy!  What is/was your FSH?
Sagermom - Oh, I just scrolled up and saw your post from Oct.  your FSH was 22!!!!  WOWSA!!  You really, really have just made my day.  What a miracle you have.   Did the book "Inconceiveable" help you?  What were you doing to help you fertility?

I'm 44 and turn 45 in March, so this tells me if I'm pregnant without  infertility help, does this mean that I may not carry to term?

I am over weight which is not good, so I'm thinking ok I'm fat, so how can I be pregnant if I look like a whale.

I'm on a program that come the end of Feb, will help me to lose the weight, and after 6 months if I'm psychologically fit to have this surgery for the lap band, then comes the issue what if?

I told my husband today that he could be a daddy and there was dead silence, then I asked him how he felt that he might be a daddy and he said he's to old.

We discussed this back in Nov 07 about having a child, now he's changed his mind, it's a let down but I'm going to have a word with him when he gets home in the pm thursday.

I know its very scary at first and my second oldest sister said I'm to old and there could be complications, hell she was 40 when she had the last of her kids, and that kid is now 15 yrs old.

So what she meant to say was, by the time that kid is 15, I'll be a senior citizen lmao.

So am I making the effort, will I not be pregnant, will I lose the baby or should I just abort it?

I really hate the fact that someone, especially a family member says to me, it could end up being retarded, or still born. It crushes my heart that this may happen, but perhaps God has something better out there for me and perhaps I'm just kidding myself.

I'm a young looking, well I dont look my age (44 yr old) and when I see other women with babies and I've only been married less than a year, I envy them, but yet I realize that my weight probably maynot support it, heck my older sister was over weight and her kid weighed 11 lb's- 2oz's and today he's smarter than his older brother :P, and he's 20 yrs old.

If I am pregnant and this kid reaches age 15, I'll be 60 and collecting my pension.
There's almost no telling what nature will do/not do.  I just experienced my own miracle recently.  If you look at my earlier posts, I'm 33, and when my FSH level was tested on day 3, it was 30.5.  (When it had been tested at other points it the month it was as high as 65!)  Well, here I am 9 weeks pregnant!  I wish I could say I had a miracle answer for how it happened.  I was still going through testing and hadn't started any fertility treatments.  I also hadn't ready any of the books like "Inconceivable" yet.  All I was doing is temp charting.  The month it happened we were expecting nothing and got a miracle.  Maybe stress has something to do with it.  Anyway, I've had one u/s so far and got to see a heartbeat at 7 weeks.  I go back for a second u/s tomorrow and am much more hopeful since I've come this far.  Wish me luck!  Good luck to all of you out there!  
I'm 36 with FSH level 14 and 15. Doctor said he will start IVF if next level does not come back any higher than 15. Well I am going to be getting my period in 2 weeks and and will be tested on the 3rd day of my cycle, so I have approximately 17 days to lower my fsh..Oh..no stress there! This is what I am doing after LOTS of research..2 quarts or more of H20 a day, no caffeine,alcohol or chocolate, liver detox(helps to regulate hormones), Female Complex by Nature's Answer (includes herbs to help eggs, ovaries, hormones), wheatgrss pills, extra B6, vit E, omega 3, zinc and of course a prenatal tab and walking 40 minutes a day on treadmill... I REFUSE to think that I am old and if I go back to this doctor and he says no... FSH is too high I will simply take all of my records and find somebody else that will help me..
Hi, my name is Vicki and I am new to this forum. I will be 35 in three months and am feeling very discouraged after several miscarriages (one just this past February). My FSH level has hung around 15 and it seems like everyone around us is saying we should just give up. In my heart, I just don't think that's what we should do. I could use some support/encouragement/advice from you ladies who have been there. I look forward to speaking with you guys. Vicki
I was just told today that my FSH level was 17.5 and I just turned 26. I feel a little better reading some of your stories. That level was from 3 years ago when we were ttc my son who is now 22 months old and my doctor never called me to tell me the result so I didnt even know I had high FSH levels and still got pregnant and have a healthy boy, so I know I can get pregnant its just a matter of when.I do think stress has a lot to do with it and I am going start seeing an acupunturist. Also my doctor didnt know what day I had my FSH drawn on so it could be wrong I go in next week if i dont get a + HPT to get an day 3 FSH level drawn.
I will certainly be crossing my fingers for you that the recent news is somehow a mistake. Let us know if the acupuncture works. I am almost 35 and have had 5 miscarriages that they seem to think are linked to high FSH levels. I've been told by others to try acupuncuture, but haven't been sure if it will truly help. Hope all goes well for you.
I've heard acupuncture does help.  I've also done some research that says that you need to take your highest level day 3 FSH and that is the one that you need to rely upon.  Even though you may get lower levels later, it is not an indication that FSH has "improved".  That's just what I've read.  I have heard of good results with ART working for those with elevated FSH.  Just sharing what I know and my thoughts.  Good luck everyone.
I am 36.  I miscarried in August '07.  I tried again right away with no luck...gy/ob just said wait, wait, wait, stop stressing out blah blah blah.  I started accupuncture, reduced stress, etc.  After six months I "luckily" had a no-symptom bladder infection which led me to a urologist who sent me to a RE just two weeks ago.  It was soo lucky!!  The RE did every test possible in one week...sonogram, blood tests on day 3, HSG on day 7 and SIS on day 9.  At first he thought is was scar tissue, but that was actually minor and more concerned that FSH level is 11.  We are being aggressive (thank god!!)  and doing surgery on thursday to remove scar tissue (so less risk of miscarriage) and then starting fertility shots in two weeks and IVF in four weeks. I was so sad about the egg situation...adjusting to the realization that I will be lucky to have one healthy baby,  But also so thankful to know what I am dealing with and have a plan of action.  I can't beleive that FSH test is not part of the regular annual checkup after 30.  Good lord, after 35 they want to do an anal probe, but still not checking FSH levels???  Anyway, I am very inspired reading all the stories on this site, I am getting both books Inconceivable and the Infertility Cure. Good luck to everyone out there dealing with infertility!!
nourishing the ovaries back to health

When we are trying to have a baby hear from the doctor that our FSH is too high it sounds like the death knoll.  

Is FSH really the only accurate measure of egg quality?   It is not the final measure.  Real egg quality is only measured by one thing: a baby.   Also, remember hormones fluctuate.  Your health is not the snapshot just taken of your FSH level.  Your health is a moving picture.  And you can start moving the picture in a new direction.

You can restore and enhance your fertility.   Your doctor can not.

This is not an unreasonable or outrageous statement.  If you were getting sick every month, one headcold after another, what could your doctor do?  He or she could offer you antibiotics, but can the doctor build your immune system?  Can the doctor make you stronger?  No.  But you can.  There is a parallel here.  The doctor can overstimulate your ovaries, putting everything on fast forward, but can he actually build your fertility?  No.  But you can.  You can do things to enhance your fertility that your doctor, as much as he or she may want to, can not do.

You can build back your energy, renew your cervical mucus and sexual fluids, eliminate PMS symptoms, sleep better, bring back a normal flow for your cycle.  Oriental women have know how to do these things for thousands of years.  They use herbs, healing foods and special exercises.  These are things you can learn with only a small investment of time and expense.  You can nuture your body and renew your fertility, and in the process your FSH levels will fall.  

We have helped many women to lower their FSH.  

Here are some samples of the Fertility Mailings we send to our customers to let them know how other women taking Radiant Wonder herbs are progressing.

A high FSH reading is merely a measure of your ability to respond to FSH drugs.

High FSH (above 10) is an obstacle for Western Medical Reproductive Technology because it means your body will not tolerate the drug stimulation. But according to the clinical experience of expert Chinese herbalists FSH can be above the Clomid Challenge test minimum and not inhibit the ability to get pregnant.

Also, FSH can be artificially increased by treatments such as Clomid.

According to Traditional Chinese Herbalism, fertility drugs deplete the body's yin energy, sometimes creating what the Chinese call Yin Deficiency combined with Liver Chi Stagnation, bringing symptoms such as hot flashes, irritability, mood swings, headaches, insomnia.

If your body is given the proper support through special energy exercises,  the best herbal nutrition and recommended healing foods added to the diet,  high FSH caused by pharmaceutical drugs will usually rebalance in as little as 2-3 months.  It is rarely difficult.  And this artificial imbalance can rebalance for women of all ages.

A woman with high FSH is often told that she has “premature ovarian failure”.

However, if the ovaries are actually healthy ,with the right herbal formulas, exercises and maybe some acupuncture or acupressure you can do yourself,  we often see the ovarian function spring back, produce higher levels of estrogen and produce that true measure of healthy eggs – a baby.  

It is important to learn how to keep your body strong and balanced.  

Instead of focusing on individual hormones you learn the art of bringing balance to your entire endocrine system.  This rejuvenates the complicated cascade of hormones leading up to the implantation of the fertilized egg.

A Radiant Wonder Fertility Program will enhance your fertility dramatically.  

Will you get pregnant right away?

Maybe, and maybe not.  But you will know deep within that you are preparing yourself for that baby.  The Chinese talk about a 100 day cultivation period. That is about three months.  And it takes three months for the blood supply to completely replenish itself.  Within three months you should see visible hormonal changes. I say this because I want you to understand that this is not a quick fix, but despite what I say, some of our customers actually become pregnant the first month.

Almost immediately you will experience more energy everyday.  

You will sleep well again.  There will be a sense of calm and inner strength that tells you that you are working with your body to prepare yourself for not only receiving and carrying a child, but for raising the child.  You can have a healthy baby in a healthy body.  And that is the real goal.

Open your heart and mind to the idea of possibility....

Listen to the experiences of our customers.

You can use Western Medicine, or Eastern Herbalism or a combination of both.  

The main thing is to take charge of your health yourself, not to expect someone else to make you pregnant.  It is your body, your sexual vitality, and you have been given very strong intuition to know what is right for you. Our customers will attest to the fact that these individualized programs work.  Fertility is enhanced.  The chances of becoming pregnant are increased.

There are a number of herbal programs to help balance the FSH.  

A very successful combination for many women  is Super Fertility #2 and Stress Relief (2 capsules twice a day of each) combined with the Radiant Eight Energy Exercises.  Super Fertility #2 is a Jing formula; Stress Relief, a Liver formula  These are  the 2 organ systems intimately tied to hormonal balance in Chinese herbal theory. The Radiant Eight Energy Exercises are designed to bring faster results from the herbs.  The exercises are easy-to-do standing stretches, Chinese medical energy exercises which only take 20 minutes to do.  Our experience is that the women who do these exercises in combination with the herbs have a much higher pregnancy success rate.

We welcome your email or phone call

We look forward to helping you in your quest to understand how you can really help yourself, with measurable results.  If you order the program above without talking with us, we will email you encouraging you to give us feedback and to use our free service if and when you choose.  

I was one who had a baby against all the statistics. I delivered at age 45.  

This is why, although we sell herbs for many reasons I try to give as many consultations as I can for those interested in fertility. It is a joy to work with women individually. I love to see your surprise and delight as you take control of their own heath, learn how to interpret the signals your body is sending you, learn to trust yourself and your intuition again. And nothing makes us happier than to hear that a customer is pregnant.

You have nothing to lose with Radiant Wonder.

We are hear to help you, teach you, and watch you inspire yourself with the changes you bring to your own health and fertilitiy. We are here to help you maximize your chances for getting pregnant, no matter what your path.  Give your body and your child the chance for the healthiest conception and pregnancy possible.

Sincerely wishing you fulfillment in your journey,

Amanda Bolgiano-Howell

Click on the recommended products below to learn more.

Questions?   email us today:  ***@**** , or call 1-800-901-0656

I don't think you should be using this sight as an advertisement for your business...the women on this site are coming here for a place to lay out their troubles and shouldn't have to deal with wondering if people really care or are here just to sell something.
i am not trying to sell anything.i found this on the web and wanted to share. if there is ant info we can share,we can post it here to help someone.
On top of that DH has  a low norm morphology of 2%.   I fell helpless.  I am considering changing docs and taking this to chinese herbs and accupuncture. I too heard this helps many people conceive. ALso fertility aid is said to help male fertility but my dh is totally against taking herbs.  I am frustrated in every since. I think i am making myself sick.

I been to many websites but not many discuss high FSH and I too heard that you should rely on your highest FSH to discuss treatments etc. I cant believe this.  I mean i have constant 24 day cycles  and are vvery regular i only had one cycle go above that 31 days but my doc thought it was because i had a cyst?

Anyone relate?
Hello All.  I'm new to this group.  I've been reading some of your stories and and feeling a little hopeful after spending the whole weekend being completely depressed.  On 3/3 I had a lap for removal of stage 4 endo.  My uterus, tubes, ovaries and rectum were all fused together.  Doc removed everything best he could keeping in mind my goal is to get pregnant. He also removed 5 small fibroids and some endometrioma/cysts from ovaries.  Both my ovaries were almost consumed with endo. I had a 3 day FSH last Thursday and it was 28.2.  I was devastated.  It was 7.5 last year. Apparently the removal of all the stuff on my ovaries damaged them.  I'm 38 years old and feel like everything that can gp wrong has.  I have an appointment with an RE at the end of the month.  I'd like to be aggressive in my own care as I can though.  What would you ladies suggest?
I am 38 was diagnosed with premature orian failure.
i used Ovulex for nearly 3 months and got pregnant.
it only cost me £70 compare to nearly £2000 i had spent on seeing infertility specialist
just went to fertility specialist, got my fsh levels back,they're at 11.9.doctor told me i have a hailmary's chance of ivf working.i am 38 and just recently found out that my mom went thru menopause at the age of 38.her menstraul cycles ceased.not very hopeful,but wandering if i should get a second opinion?
Yes, please get a second opinion. My FSH has been 15 at various times and one doctor wouldn't even talk to me. The doctor I'm seeing now considers that just one piece of the puzzle. We went through treatments and did get pregnant. Unfortunately we suffered a miscarriage, but at least we got there. You might need something to help strengthen the quality of your eggs, but I definitely wouldn't give up without speaking to someone else. good luck!
Hello.  It helps so much to hear from woman who have experienced similar situations.  I am so grateful for this forum.  

I am 38 and have had 2 mc's in the past year.  My FSH came back and 10.5 and unfortunatley we cannot afford infertility treatments. I have been very discouraged and depressed with the possibilty that I may not be able to have another child.  I have been blessed with 3 wonderful children but still can't help but feeling that we're missing someone in our family.  I truly belived there is a little soul who is waiting to join our family.  

I would be open to natural remedies as I'm running out of time and hope.  I'm trying to remain positive and open to God's plan but it can be so discouraging when everyone around you is or seems to be pregnant.  When you're over 35 that clock starts ticking loudly and i feel as though my time is running out....
I definitely feel your pain! We have had 4 miscarriages in 3 1/2 years and it can seem like you're walking uphill in mud at times. My FSH has ranged from 12 to 15, but I also think it depends on what lab you are using. Fortunately I have a doctor who looks at more than just one number but instead the whole picture. Have you tried Clomid or Femara/Letrozole? The reason I bring those up is Clomid is very inexpensive and Femara is normally covered by insurance. Those are ones I have tried b/c we can't really afford many treatments either. Good luck and keep your chin up!
This is really to all trying to conceive with high FSH levels.  I went off birth control pills in 06 never had a period on my own after that several periods induced with progesterone. eventually went to a fertility doc my FSH was 98.3 after several induced periods my lowest FSH was 57.6.  I was a basket case.  All I wanted was to get pregnant.  My fertility doc said he knew of a study done in Australia on women with high FSH levels and IUI's.  These women were given compounded DHEA which brought down their FSH levels and were able to conceive with IUI.  He wanted to give it a shot.  I took the DHEA for 30 days tested my FSH level and it was 7.2!!!  We induced a period day 3 blood FSH level was 9.4 that was 11/5/07 I had my first IUI on 11/14/07 and had a positive pregnancy test on 11/27/07!!!  I am now 25 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and I owe my life to my fertility doctor and the specific women in Australia who started this study.  Too all women who are having trouble geting pregnant with high FSH levels DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! talk to your doctor about DHEA.
I forgot to mention in my above post I took Femara before the IUI done 11/14/07.
hi my fsh level is tooooooooo high .25 im m very tense .now doc gave me climen (hrt)and ask to come back afetr two month .now i want to ask u people dose hrt helps to reduse fsh level?
and plese some one can tell me does hmg injection cause high fsh level .becos doc gave me hmg injection and famara .and after this treatment she check my fsh level and it was high . im 33 year old
This is Ninfa; I am 38 My FSH level is 21, Doc have given no hope; we have no mony for egg doners; my hsband has low S Count; we have tried more then 11 years; but nothing, some one please help us. Thanks.
hi ,I am Tomma_66 , Iam 42 yr old and my FSH was high for the last one yr after I aborted , I did IVF twice  but failed bec. nooooooooooo follicules at allllllllll , and my Doc. gave me proglytoun and drope down to 6 but the Doc upset me and she told me dont try any thing and you will not conceive . I am soooooooo depressed but I will try for 3rd time .. did any one of you had the same no follicules and then she got pregnant?????????
At 39 1/2 years old, I had an FSH of 14 and, based on what the doctors said, basically gave up on conceiving naturally.  3 months later I got pregnant naturally!  We only had unprotected sex for a total of about 6 months (before and after my FSH reading).  By the way, when I was single at 38 years old, I did IVF to freeze eggs.  I had an FSH of 11.7 and IVF did not work well for me; I think that IS because of the high FSH.  I produced only 2 eggs, which both fertilized.  However, it just goes to show (it seems) that FSH might mean you won't respond well to IVF but you can definitely still get pregnant.  Best of luck to you.
Hi, Today I got a bad news that I have FSH level was 21 on my day 3 last month, I am 28 yrs old, me and my husband are totally devstated.
we were try to conceive for the last 8 months. any suggestions? can I be still preg? any hope :(
I have had 5 m/c's.  I have never had a negative pregnancy test so getting pregnant is not my issue - staying pregnant is.  I have one daughter (7) - dr. thinks I was just lucky.  My dr. also thinks that the m/c's are a result of genetic deformity because of an elevated FSH.  $30,000 for IVF is outside of our ability right now.  What natural remedies are out there?  
I think it would be beneficial to seek out a new RE.  I disagree with the "genetic deformity" comment....especially since you already have a 7 year old child.
Get a 2nd opinion.  Also, did this Dr. give you a Karotype test to determine if you indeed do have genetic issues?
Don't get down on his comment-it is good that you can get pg-see another RE!
Good luck!
just went to the doctor to check how many follicles i had after doing ivf.i only had 2 follicles so they wouldn't go to egg retrival.they said my biggest follicle was only 9mm.i'm 38 with a fsh level of 11.9.the doctor said i didn't have a chance to get pregnant on my own.i don't understand.they had me on 150 units of follistem and 1 vial of repronex.why won't he up my dosage.if i produced 2 follicles,he said i only need 3 follicles to do an egg retrival.do i listen to this doctor or get a second opinion?  my daughter was born 6 years ago & she was only a 8mm follicle.could i have tried to get pregnant on my own with these 2 follicles since he wouldn't go to egg retrival?
I would NOT necessarily believe your doctor that you can't get pregnant naturally.  I got pregnant naturally with an FSH of 15.  (I had thought when I wrote my post above it was 14 but just checked my notes).  I am 39 years old and only had unprotected sex for about 4-5 months.  I did an egg freeze cycle at 38 1/2 years old (when I was single) with an FSH of 11.7 and only produced 2 eggs (but I froze both of them).  I did have four follicles at one point which then went to three; they gave me the option of going forward although they weren't encouraging.  I just read an article the other day that said FSH is only an indicator of how many eggs you produce; NOT an indicator of how likely it is for you to get pregnant so this medical paper recommended that doctors go ahead with trying even if very few eggs/follicles.  There could be one good egg in there and that's all you need!!  My friend who is 40 had an FSH of 5 (so very good!) and sure enough she produced tons of eggs (16) but none were good enough to get her pregnant.  Again, this paper said, and I agree, that FSH indicates how many eggs you will produce but there is still hope even if only a couple eggs!
By the way, my doctors also told me that I had very low odds of getting pregnant even with FSH and would likely have to use a donor egg.  I had already asked my sister to be an egg donor and had given up on trying to get pregnant.  2 months later I was!
Good luck to you!!  If I can find that paper, I will post it here.
My husband and I both had genetic testing done already.  Neither of us had any issues.  This dr. seems to think since my last m/c baby was 69XXX triploidy (means my egg that was released and fertilized already contained 46 chromosomes), that my eggs are not viable.  Does ANYONE know how and where to research homeopathic / alternative medicine for these kind of issues?  My concern is the "quality" of my eggs.  Desperately seeking some advice and help.
Just got blood results back today and my fsh was 87.1.  Was told that I would not be ableto get pregnant and need tolook at HRT or estrogen only Pill.  
However I am not willing to sit down and do nothing.  My argument is hwo do doctors know that you can't get pregant with high fsh levels when its not a routine test that is done.  There could be many women out there who have high fsh levels and have got pregnant but we don't know about them because infertility is not a problem for them.
I'm not giving up hope.  I am on day 70 of my cycle and my longest cycle has been 108 days and my shortest cycle 15.  They are not all anovulatory and sometimes I have ovulated fine.
I refuse to give.
I am trying yoga, reflexology, and will look at some chinese herbs or something.  The way I look at it I have nothing to lose but loads to gain!
Nikki
My FSH was 16 and I'm 40 years old and 14 weeks pregnant.  Never give up hope.  I was also on Clomid for one month, which was the month I concieved.  Good Luck!  It will all work out.
I was dx with high fsh of 14 last june.  I have been doing alot of b/w and u/s and cancell couple times my treatment b/c fsh went even higher.  the highest now is 26.5 I am scare. But when i see someone like Nicka who is determined made to feel that i have hope.  and prevatt thank you for your encouragement.
This is a test.
I will be back with more about me.
thanks
I am 34, my FSH levels were 18 and my doctor had me on 150 follistim & 150 (2 vials) of repronex for 14 days.  After one week one doctor told me to give up & consider an egg donor.  I continued with the medicine & when I went back 2 days later they found 2 follicles & 2 days after that they found a third.  My nurse told me when they had found the two that they don't normally go in for anything under 3 but I could insist that they go in anyway.  I had my egg retreival on Monday and they got 3 eggs & when I called in on Tuesday all 3 eggs had fertilized.  I went back on Thursday for the transfer and my doctor put all 3 in.  I will find out 7/15 if I am pregnant.  No matter what happens I know that I will do this again and will not be as anxious since I know what to expect.  I was devestated when that doctor told me to consider an egg donor but I will never let another doctor get me down like that again because ultimately it is up to God to see what he has for me.  If you don't like a doctors style just go somewhere else where they have a good reputation or you feel right.  
i'm suppose to get my second opinion this thursday7/10.very worried he's just going to tell me the same thing the last doctor told me.no chance to get pregnant!especially because after stopping my last ivf cycle and only producing 2 follicles.i was suppose to get my period 2 weeks ago and still there is no sign of it!starting to think those 2 follicles were my last chance of getting pregnant!   does anyone know what this fsh level really shows?what's the difference between an fsh level of 12 verses 30?
Ok, I got more test results.  To recap, I have had 6 pregnancies - 5 of them resulted in m/c. I have never had a negative preg. test.  I get pregnant very easily but I've lost 5 around 10 weeks.  My FSH is 9.82, genetic testing is normal, all blood work is normal EXCEPT - my AMH.  My AMH is .62 - very low/indetectable.  What I don't understand is that my FSH is considered high normal but my AMH is horribly low.  I don't get how I can get pregnant so easy but for some reason I m/c. I ovulate regularly.  None of this makes sense to me. A high FSH and low AMH should mean that I cannot conceive.  AUGH...
HI there - I am 37 and in my second cycle of injectables.  The Dr. told me today age is against me and not sure if this is going to work - my FSH was 17 last month and 15 today.  I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter now and did get pregnant in March on Clomid.  Unfortunately, it was eptopic and I lost my right tube.   I have been seeing this group since December and cannot believe they don't measure FSH until injectables.   If you are going to a fertility specialist and they KNOW this could be an issue, don't you think they would track that???
I am really depressed, but after reading your stories, it is giving me hope.  
Many women mentioned alternative medicines, herbs, etc. - what did you take and when in your cycle?  
Is IVF our only solution for high FSH or is that also a smaller chance?
Do anything you can do to reduce stress (although I know it's hard!).  IVF (freezing cycle) didn't work well for me in my opinion because I was so stressed about my age and high FSH.  Only when I had NO stress in my life (even had quit tttc) did I get accidentally pregnant.  Yoga, vacation, fun with your husband.... don't believe everything the doctors say about FSH!  Good luck.
Hi. I've always been very hesitant to go on these forums, but I have to say I found reading through these posts incredibly helpful. Thanks to everyone for sharing their very personal stories.

I just turned 40 two weeks ago and have very high FSH as well as irregular cycles. My FSH has fluctuated over the past year, but is essentially on the high side. When I first started talking with doctors they all said the same thing so many women here have heard - the chances are very low you will ever get pregnant with your own eggs given your FSH. Of course, I was devastated. I still struggle with this from time to time, but through it all I refuse to believe it can't happen and have been working with an acupuncturist and, more recently (this year), taking herbs.

I also tried a cycle of fertility drugs (Letrazol) in February. My doctor at the time basically made it sound like taking the drug was a complete waste of time. She assured me it wouldn't help at all because of my stats. My husband and I decided to pursue it anyway - figured there was nothing to lose given it wasn't invasive (a pill taken once daily) and the cost was minimal. Much to the doc's surprise, my ovaries did respond and I produced a number of follicles in February and March - each month saw a follicle grow in excess of 20mm which I believe is considered good although not a total guarantee. I tried IUI each month (also tried again a few weeks ago - w/o drugs). Unfortunately, we haven't had success...yet. However, this experience taught me a valuable lesson - don't believe everything doctors tell you. The fact that I produced follicles despite my doctor's prognosis, proved that even with so much info available docs and science DO NOT have ALL of the answers. The body is a mystery and each day I hear or read another success story, I believe more and more the body is capable of amazing things -  look at some of the amazing stories posted above!! And for all of these I'm certain there are probably hundreds if not thousands like them out there.

Going back to my fertility drug story in February, as a result of that experience I changed doctors - felt the one I had was too negative and wasn't invested enough in my situation. To that point, I am now a believer in the theory that negativity is as harmful as stress in this process. Had we listened to her we wouldn't have thought anything would make a difference.

Ultimately, everyone needs to follow their better judgment, heart and gut; pursue what feels right, whether it's a specific treatment plan or the person/doctor you choose to work with. Good luck to all - and never stop believing that everyone deserves good things in life!

PS: Don't know if many of you have listened to The Secret but I highly recommend the audiobook (per my friend, the audio version is better than the book - that's rare!). I have also read Inconceivable, which was mentioned in a few posts above, and wholeheartedly agree that it's a great inspiration! In both of these tools there seemed to be a common thread...as difficult as it may sometimes be, one has to "believe" and have unending faith that anything is possible.
Hi All,

Just wanted to comment. I am on BHRT and am very excited about some changes that have happened. I am 39 and a year ago my Progesterone was 0.7 and in March not much higher than that (I don't think I have been above a full 1 in a long time!). After being on natural Progesterone from a compounding pharmacy (200mg) my Progesterone is 4.0! Actually a normal range for day 25 of my cycle. In March my FSH was 11. I found out yesterday it is  now 4.9! I am taking a transdermal cream of 15 MI 6MG-E2(5)E3(5)-TEST 1 MG PLO GL. Which in simple terms is estrogen and testosterone. I cannot believe I have been to an OB/GYN, an RE and then I see a doc that does Bioidentical Horomones and my Progesterone and FSH are at normal levels.
Now I have to work on my HGH, those numbers are not so hot. But it is all a part of the big picture. I am hoping early 2009 my body will have a healthy horomone balance and we can get preggers without an RE. My doc swears if I continue to see him I won't get menopause ;) lol We will see about that. Although he said before I saw him I was on my way there. I hope this helps someone.
Thank you for your stories. I'm 39,no children and have been trying for 10 months. Most of my tests have come back great. I have 4-5 follicles. Uterus is great. But found out today that FSH is 14. That was only one test. Will be tested again next cycle, but dr has me worried, esp since I've had 3 bio-chemical pregnancies - urine tests a few days before period were positive but I got my period anyway. I'm going for a 2nd opinion later this month, and will try the wheat grass and health foods. Def think de-stressing is necessary but it's so hard.  Think it will help if I get acupuncture right before ovulation?  Has anyone else had multiple bio-chemical pregnancies?
Because of my own experience, I would not be too worried if I were you with your FSH of 14, especially with your other good tests.    Studies have shown that acupuncture DOES lead to higher chances of conception, so I think it's worth a try but only if it doesn't increase your anxiety/pressure related to getting pregnant.  The point is to relax you and destress!  

(For me, when I tried to get pregnant, I did acupuncture, herbs, etc. and it didn't work. But once again I think it was because of the stress.  As I said before, I got pregnant as soon as I had given up and truly became OK with the idea of egg donor).

Please keep us posted.

This is a very interesting forum.  I've been trying to get pregnant for two years now using Follistim, Menopur, Ganerelix, HCG. I had to stop using Clomid b/c it triggered my migraines.  I am 43 now, and my blood work came back with a high FSH level (23) for the first time. I've always had a low FSH level (below 10) and have never had any other issues.  My only problem seems to be my age, b/c there doesn't seem to be any other issues.  We are using IUIs because I cannot complete the act of sex due to another condition called interstitial cystitis.  It's a very painful bladder condition and sex is impossible for me.  I've had two IVF treatments, one of which produced empty follicle syndrome.  That was a year ago and we couldn't afford to continue with IVF (no insurance).

My questions is, has anyone experienced ovarian fatigue and later came back to normal after a break?  I cannot believe I haven't gotten pregnant and am wondering if my RE is doing all the right things or doing too many things.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank you everyone for sharing your stories...it was really encouraging to me to read this and to know I'm not the only know going through this.  This morning, my doctor told me after tests done yesterday that my FSH levels are 138 and almost unlikely I'd be able to conceive. Needless to say, I'm devasted and very sad but still hopeful. My period has stopped for 3 months and has been on and off for the past 2 years. Within the months of my stopped period, I have hot flashes and I'm only 37. I'm going to try to try the chinese herbal supplements, acupuncture and wheat germ juice/pills and know they will help. I'm still remaining positive and choosing to believe...  Has anyone been through this where their FSH levels were this high and still had a miracle in their lives?  Thank you to all!
I am a 33 year old and 3 years ago i was told after alot of money spent on infertilty treatments that i would be in menapause in about 2years well it finally hit. i had my laast period in May and have been suffering with hot flashes everysince so i went to the doctor and had blood work done and my FSH level is at a 39 and my lh level is at a 27 so i am in menapause but he wants me not to take the hormone therapy and instead has put me back on the pill since i am so young. i was and still am very devasted it makes me feel very old. i came on this site to find out what all this means and it has been very helpful. thank you so much!!!
My wife is 42, I'm 40. We have been married for 10 months and trying to have a baby of our own (she had 2 other normal pregnancies earlier in life). I've never had any children.

She had some blood work done about 3 months after we were married. We were told that her FSH was about 50. We went to a fertility specialist and they got her levels down to around 10 or so (I don't remember). She started taking shots but they couldn't find any eggs. I was checked and the first time I was told that I was no good (so to speak), the second test I flew off the charts (which was GREAT news).

About 3 weeks ago after being about 40+ days into her cycle she did more blood work. They said we aren't pregnant and her FSH was at 81. Today is about day 65 or so and still no period.

I've prayed a lot that maybe the test was wrong and she really is pregnant.

Thank you for your encouraging stories, it's really what I need tonight. Also to the person who talked about DHEA - we read a lot on the net about it tonight and even ran to Rite Aid to get some and try it out.

Please pray, babydust, whatever that we can have one of our own.

Thank you.

Jim
For more information about DHEA click on this link to see the video. It's from the The Early Show on CBS on 8/8/08

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4318538n

My FSH was 16 and I'm 40 years old.  I will be 41 at delivery of this child and I'll be 26 weeks pregnant.  Sometimes I don't think doctors know wha the heck they are talking about.  I'm so blessed to have one of the best RE doctor's in Maryland.  He took very good care of me.  Don't give up hope.

Debbie
I am a 40 year old woman who has been seeing a fertility specialist.  I was informed that my FSH levels were 16 for two months straight and then flew up to 25 for the third month.  The specialist is telling me that because my FSH levels are so high that my eggs are not of quality to concieve (conceive).  They recommend I look towards an egg donor...which I am just beside myself.  First, I wanted to experience the entire birth on my own, second I wanted my own child from my husband and I.  Not someone else's.  I am in a state of shock and I am depressed, I am running out of time.  I feel like I have been robbed of all the money I have paid for to receive this news, which I also feel I have been robbed of my future.  Can anyone suggest or help direct me on  different path?  

All suggestions are welcomed.

I definitely agree that diet & yoga have everything to do with bringing down your FSH.  I'm 36, had an FSH 24 and now it's 12 and just did my 1st IUI.  I followed the advice in "Inconceivable".  I highly recommend that book...it really motivated me to take control of my situation.  I'll know the results in just over a week. I'm very hopeful but also know that if it fails I have my plan, and it's working!
hi
my name is Amal 39 years , this is my first day here , today my doctor told me that my FSH is to high its about 45 , it was 6 one years ago ,and because my FSH levels are so high that my eggs are not of quality to concieve (conceive),I feel a little better reading some of your stories :) and i want to ask where i can get books like "Inconceivable ?
and if i want to use chines herps from where and what they call it??
one more thing can i join a clup for exercise??
my english is bad sorry for that :)
what is the IUI ?
As a former egg donor, I find myself in a similar infertile situation 7 years after I donated to an infertile couple.  How's that for irony?  Please don't rule out egg donor if that's your only option, after all, it's still an option.  You will experience the birth from beginning to end, it's only some borrowed chromosomes to get you started.  You will have 9 glorious months to experience this baby as your own. I have elevated FSH levels and my insurance will currently pay for some infertility treatments, however I could never afford donor egg.  If you can afford it and if that's your only option, go for it. Good luck to you.
Wanted to tell everyone here my story.   I was 33 years old, tried to conceive for 2+ years.  Had 4 miscarriages.  FSH of 13.5.   Went to best doc in town.  3 failed IUI's 3 failed IVF's  450 amps of Follistim.  Deemed to be a very poor responder, chances of conception less than 5%.   Doc was willing to keep trying if I wanted too.  Have great insurance which pays for unlimited IUI and 6 IVF's..   Took a month off.   Got pregnant the old fashioned way. Told it was a one in a million miracle. Healthy baby.  Declined sterilization during C-section (I'm infertile, right??)  Got pregnant again  6 months after giving birth and am in the second trimester.   Realize this might just infuriate some, its not fair, right??  But really my intention is that you just NEVER know.  It was a very dark and frustrating time in my life, it is thankfully behind me, and I wish you all the best.
Hi 3in TX, Congratulations on your two pregnancies despite high FSH, etc!  I have a (sort of unrelated, sort of related) question...were you breastfeeding when you got pregnant the second time?  If so, how frequently?  I'm 40 years old and in my 3rd trimester w/my first baby, and we want a second child so know we don't have much time after the baby's born to try but I also want to breastfeed, which can slow the return of ovulation.  (My current unborn baby is also a miracle baby since I had an FSH of 15 at 39 years old but got pregnant naturally.)
Thank you!

Please help! I am 44 years old and two years ago my fsh was 14.4. I just went to see a fertility doctor and he said that it is too late now. To consider adoption or an egg donor.   I am having my FSH levels check next month.
Thank you for having this forum. I have been upset for the past couple of weeks. My husband and I have decided to have a baby after 10 years of marraige. I am now 39 and I knew I didn't have much time. My mother conceived my sister at 42, so I wasn't too worried. But then I went to the doctor and then things just got ou of wack. I blame the doctors office. I didn't receive my results for 2 weeks, then when I went in to take another test, I met with who I thought was a doctor. I asked for my results and she told me that I was perimenopausal and my fsh was 16. . I dd not know what that meant. I asked her and she said that I can not concieve (conceive) on my own, but not to worry, she heads up the egg donation and embryo adoption program. I sat there in shock listiening to her. I felt that I was being sold to. Do you think that these reproductive doctors, look at someone that may be a canidate and just say that is a perfect buyer? I told her that I would not be able to afford anything expensive, she was like you can always use credit. BTW she was only a Physicians Assistant.
I have just had my FSH levels checked since we have had a hard time conceiving after losing 2 babies last year.  The first test showed my levels at 68 and the second time at 47.  I am 40 and have not had any kind of problems with irregular periods until I lost the babies.  The doctor said he had never seen such high levels in a woman my age.  These are post menopausal leveIs! He also said he can't see how I ever got pregnant to start with. Of course the next bit was a big sale on how IVF is my only hope. I am going to go to an endocrinlogist to check out if my hypothyroidism is messing with my pituitary gland function.  I can only find a little on line about the two glands and how TSH levels can throw off fsh levels. For the first time in 18 years, my  docotor needs to LOWER my thyroid dose and here is this crazy fsh level.  Can anybody tell me if fixing one level will help the other?  Is it possible to  have a wonky fsh level and still be fertile?
I am 41 and was told in Aug. that I had an FSH level of 17.1. I had wanted to go for an egg freeze cycle but was told my day 2 FSH had to be under 13 to be considered for it. I made a concerted effort for the following three months to remove stress from my life (as much as possible) and to eat properly, take vitamins and herbs plus have acupuncture at least one time per week. For Nov., my day 2 FSH was at 12. I started taking meds for the egg freeze but was developing fewer than the eight follicles I was told was necessary to pursue the procedure at the hospital I was going to, so I found another doc who would freeze the two mature eggs they found. I am trying to go for another egg freeze cycle in Jan. 2009 and am hoping to get a better harvest, although I am happy to have at least one more egg to freeze then. All of this is to say that it seems to be possible in some instances to lower FSH levels. For me, changing my lifestyle has made me feel healthier all-around.
Hi.  I am so happy for your levels dropping like that.  I have been trying all the things you mentioned except the acupuncture and my levels have dropped by 5, which isn't much considering that I need to get much much lower.  I am wondering what kind of acupuncture you have been doing as I want to start that, but I don't want to pay a lot of money trying to find the right person and the right acupuncture.  I don't even know what to ask for.  Does your acupuncturist have a name for what they are doing? I really feel like I need to be more in the know about acupuncture before I embark on my search.
Hi, I suggest you try to find out through friends whether there are some acupuncturists who are good with fertility issues in your area. That's what I did first. Then when I saw the acupuncturist, I explained my situation (including high FSH). The practice is very holistic, so the acupuncturist suggested changes to my diet, plus some vitamins and Chinese herb mixtures I could take to help balance certain body energies. Once a week she would give me acupuncture but depending on what she was sensing (by checking my pulses, my tongue and according to where I was in my cycle) she would change where she placed the needles. I hope I'm at least answering your question in part. I only have started learning about acupuncture myself! Good luck!
Thanks.  I think I am ready to start. I have only found three places here in town that do acupuncture at all so maybe I'll just go in and get afeel for the places and the  accupuncturists. I'm also really glad to see that you found a doctor who will freeze your eggs.  The doc I saw wouldn't even take a look at my eggs.  To him, I'm 40, and it's not worth bothering with my "old" eggs.  It seems like one has to just keep asking around and trying to find someone who cares about what's important to their patients.  Trying to eliminate stress while on this crusade is quite a chore. :) Good luck with everything.
i'm 36 and have done the clomid, IUI's and just completed an unsuccessful IVF.  Doc office called me to confirm that I was not pregnant and if I were to try again there would be a 10% that I would get pregnant because my FSH level is too high.  I have been reading this forum for the past couple of days and feel that there is still hope.  I do have one question... what is "RE"?  I feel that the fertility office that I going to is supportive and I was just curious what the RE was.
Can you also tell me where I can find wheat grass pills?  I have checked with many locations in my area and can't find anyone that supplies/carries it.
I got married 10 years ago and found out my husband has erectional dyfunction whch means we cannot have sex.  I tried IVF 2003 and produced some follicles with 2 eggs but was told that were not strong enough.  Saw someone else and was told my fsh was too high my only option egg donation. I have done a test another test last month and my fsh was 22.5 but doctor was possible but not fertility expert.  Contacted an ivf clinic and told exactly what the previous dr have said.  I know and belive that i am fertile and can conceive but because of the problem with hubby it devasated.  Is someone else in this same situation with hubby?  and what is IUI?
i forgot to say i was 40 last year
I found one from 1998 and one from 2001 on Ebay.....which is better or are they same?
Thanks so much!
I posted earlier and guess what - I'm pregnant!  My FSH was in the high 20s, I'm 37 (I posted the info on Inconceivable back in Oct) and basically was turned down for any fertility treatments.  My doctor was talking to me about early menupause and boy was I depressed.  But I took control of the situation and followed the advice from the book and I really believe it helped.  I changed my diet, cut back on sugar and caffeine, drank so much green tea and wheat grass every day, did fertility yoga, acupuncture, wore a fertility crystal (I don't think this has anything to do with it but I was willing to try anything), took vitamins coenzyme and lipic acid and now I'm 8 weeks...so don't despair ladies!  My fsh the month I conceived was lower but still far from ideal at 18...this new approach to life is so healthy and I felt great and it's so good for the body and mind so what do you have to lose.  It's very empowering to know you can take control into your own hands when doctors say your chances are slim...I'm convinced a healthy diet is imperative. So please give it a go...read the website www.fertileheart.com, the author's site.  read about it and buy the book...it's truly inspiring.  Good luck!  
Ladies,
In Oct. I was told I had a High FSH Level (28). I was also told to find an egg donor. I fell to my knees and cried my eyes out for two days and then decided to put my faith back where it belongs instead of trusting in ONE doctors voice. I did a lot of research on line and found that most women who have shared their stories and gotten pregnant did get acupuncture. So that's what I did. It has been almost 5 months and this month is the first month I have ovulated without meds and I'm now pregnant! I  can't say anything more than that. Don't give up hope and put your faith back in Gods hands because he is the one who will have the last say not a doctor.  

Also, just FYI.. The acupunture helped me to not be so irritable. I feel so much more at peace and overall just happier. I'm going to keep going because I think it makes more sense than popping a bunch of non-natural drugs.

I also followed the "Inconceivable Truth" by R. Lewis. It's a good book. It has some diet tips to follow and it talks about why your body is not concieving and how to fix it.

Anyway, it's late and I just thought I'd post my two cents/thoughts.
I am 37 years old and my husband and I have been trying for 21/2 years.  Have just found out that I have an elevated FSH level 12.2 or thereabouts.  Am starting the IVF treadmill but feel very down hearted about it all, angry at my body,  and though of course thrilled for friends of same age who are having first and second babies 'naturally' it is also a kick in the guts ...Have enjoyed your posts and messages of hope.  Could use one for me right now.
Julia
Hi, Im almost 35 and recently learned that my fsh is 28. I cry as a I type hoping that this will bring some relief to my heart. I am sad but not ready to give up on my dream to become a mom, so I'm acquiring as much information as needed in order to help my chances to become a mother. I know doctors don't have the last word, but GOD, and he hasn't said not to me yet! so here it goes... I'll get the book some time this week maybe today.I'm also going to a specialist and will keep u posted about the progress. Don't know u all but I'm glad knowing that there are other brave women like me out there... best wishes to all of you including Julia..
We have been trying to conceive since last 6 months or so. I was concerened when I got my periods in 16 days. My doctor ordered some tests and the FSH came 12.6. Doc says since it was not a normal cycle she will try it again if not send me to the specialist.
I was so upset and cried all day long! I started to take the wheatgrass powder since yesterday I am hoping the next test levels lower FSH. After my next set of results if FSH is still high I might try accupucture...I am just 28 so I am very worried now. i hope to conceive naturally and get pregnant soon. Good luck to all you soon to be moms out there!
will keep you all in my prayers.
-De
I'm 39 and been told my FSH level is 11 and my Anti mullerian hormone (AMH) level is 4.90 which is categorised as low.  A category of 2 -15 is the low category, so mine is near the bottom.  My consultant told me there is a very low chance of me conceiving with my own eggs as he says I am pre-menopausal.  I am devastated, depressed and desperate but am trying to remain hopeful and still trying.  I have considered donor eggs for IVF but will start IVF around June time.

Has anyone had their AMH level done.  I was told this is most accurate test to indicate ovarian reserve and quality of eggs.
Hello-

Just browsing peoples' stories  and banging my head against a wall that doctors declare women completely infertile with FSH levels at like 11-15.  That's insane!!!!  The truth is, yes,  FSH CAN be an indicator of how one will respond to meds; however, one can be a poor responder EVEN IF they have normal FSH.  Further, AGE is the most important factor when dealing with egg quality. Higher FSH is an indicator of QUANTITY, not QUALITY.  Docs won't take women with FSH levels over 10 because they simply take longer to have a successful cycle and it screws up their statistics.  I see on boards all the time women telling other women to look at clinics' success rates to determine which doctor to go to. The truth is, success rates need to be taken in context.  Most of those clinics with the higher rates take the "easier" cases; those of us with high FSH aren't easy fixes, so we tend to be offered donor egg or nothing.

And I agree with using TCM in conjunction with Western treatments, especially acupuncture.  

My story:  I was 34 at the time I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure/ diminished ovarian reserve.  I had no real symptoms, but I decided to get the "fertility screening tests" from my OB/ GYN after 6 months of ttc.  My first FSH came back at 45.  I was immediately referred to an RE- luckily he didn't scream donor egg at us, although he did tell us it was our best chance.  My highest FSH was 52.  I went through 4 IVF cycles; over 4 IVF cycles, I only got a handful of eggs, and 4 total embryos.  My twins are due next month.  BTW, we were about to do donor egg- this was our last cycle before moving on to donor egg.  In conjunction with IVF treatments, I went to a TCM clinic that specializes in infertility issues- I did fertility yoga, acupuncture, herbs (only during rest cycle times, not at the same time I was taking stimulation medication), meditation, diet modification, and yes, a LOT of prayer.  

So it can happen.  Please don't let people tell you that your FSH is off the charts or extremely high when it's like 12.  Sure, it's elevated, but like I said, age is a much better indicator of egg quality.  Best of luck to everyone!
Like others on this board have recommended also try alternative chinese medicine which has a high focus on balancing your body's energy (bloodflow) and making sure ALL your organs (not just your reproductive system) works how it's supposed to.  A high FSH level is just an "indicator" not a diagnosis.  It just means your pituitary gland is a little out of whack and is secreting too much FSH because your ovaries aren't responding to normal levels.  I did acupuncture (no herbal medicine at the time)  regularly for about 4 months before IVF to prepare my body for the treatment.  Acupuncture stimulates, or regulates, bloodflow where needed in your body (don't forget the liver and pancreas are essential to a happy reproductive system...who would've known??)  I was diagnosed with "cold uterus" by my acupuncturist so the months before my IVF, she focused on drawing blood flow through my uterus and ovary areas, as well as my other major organs.  After my IVF treatment, she avoids that area so as not to interfere with the uterus' natural function and just focused on regulating blood throughout the rest of my body and relieving any stresses.  Everybody's needs are different.  Anyway, I recommend reading the book "The Infertility Cure" by Randine Lewis that explains how women can achieve successful pregnancy with chinese medicine.  Good luck!
hey everyone, my first time on this site... All of you are very brave, strong women. I am 30 and almost 15 weeks pregnant. I just found out my thyroid level is 11.5, i had my thyroid removed last feb, due to cancer. I have never had a problem since, but am very worried that an elevated level can cause birth defects, can anyone shed some light on this????
You should probably post in a new thread to get the attention of those that might be able to answer your question and not limit yourself to those that happen to read entirely through this thread
My FSH was a 13.5. I am 41. I took a shot of wheatgrass every day and liquid royal jelly. I went to an excellent acupuncturist that specializes in fertility and gave me fertility herbs to take twice a day. I also took a bunch of vitamins: prenatal,Omegas (3,6,9), L-Arginine, evening primrose (only take during period through ovulation then stop), PABA, folic acid, dhea, coenzyme Q-10, Vitex (cactus herb), NAC, vit C, D, and E.

My FSH is now an 8.8. I have started Gonal F and my doctor said I have 4 good follicles and good lining.

It's an investment but took the all the supplements and see an acupuncturist that specializes in fertility!
What you wrote just almost brought me to tears. I just turned 37 and was told by the Dr. that my FSH was 12.5. I also have a problem with one of my fallopian tubes is partially blocked. I was almost in tears when I left the hospital. But after hearing posts like yours I still have hope. Thank you so much!
hello...im 26 years old...i have a problem of fluctuating fsh levels for the last 4 years...my day 3 fsh shot up to 40 than 39,9 then got back to 9.9 when i was 24.unfortunately v didnt go for icsi or ivf becoz at that time we were un unaware of the fact that my husband also suffers from azoospermia and da only way v cud hav a child was through test tube method.Now we want to hav a child bt my fsh is different evry month....i hav evn had a highest value of 100+ fsh...bt again it got down to 11 after afew months...we take a shot at ivf dat cycle but the doctor said that the follicle she took out didnot hav an egg inside it.....my first question is plz tell me is it possible that a follicle may be empty with no egg inside it?also my fsh was 49after which i took some medicines like diane35 and estrogen tablets for about 5 months but i found that my fsh elevated to 95!!!i was so depressed that i left all medicines and...after a month i hav had an ultrasound which shows two eggs in my left ovary...i dont understand how come at such high fsh levels follicles are being produced in my ovaries...does high fsh mean that these woud be poor quality eggs?can i conceive naturally with these eggs even thouigh fsh is high????shoud i go for IUI????plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me some1 im jst 26.....desperately need a child...too depressed...help help!!1
FSH fluctuates each month however if it goes above 27 it normally represents menopause and a problem.   Have you had your thyroids checked out?  

It is very possible for a follicle to contain no egg.  Sometimes if all the follicles that you have in your ovaries are retrieved and none contain an egg it is called Empty Follicle Syndrome.  

With FSH over 20 it is normally a diminished egg syndrome and very difficult to conceive with the eggs you produce on your own.   Most Reproductive endoconologist won't consider doing IVF if your ovaries don't produce at least 5 follicles and if your FSH levels are over 20.  

I recommend you finding a RE in your area and go in for a consult.  Take all of your test results in with you and ask them if you would be considered for IVF.

You lucky ladies only having day 3 fsh of 11 or 12.5 !!
I am 35 and was trying to conceive for 5 years with very unhelpful unsympathetic nhs 'support'.  I was given someone elses results after a laparoscopy (at the awful Wexham Park Hptl in Slough) and told not to worry as they hadn't found anything specifically wrong!! eventually I got myself referred to a specialist fertility hospital and started a cycle of IVF whereby my day 3 fsh was tested for the first time - the nhs had NEVER at any point mentioned this test and I certainly had not had one before.  Anyway it came back at 17.1.  I am told that it can fluctuate, so maybe its worse than this if I had more tests?! ivf cycle continued regardless but with me having much less hope as I'd read that you only have a 0-15% chance of ivf success with an fsh like this.  
The ivf worked first time ladies!! and I am currently 30 weeks and 1 day pregnant! do not give up hope! and good luck to you all xx
I am 32 married...in 29 suddenlly my ministration cycle problem occur....after testing it has shown my FSH has reached to 108..but before 1 year back it was only 1.39....how this happen ....what to do now....I am in deally situation and in deep dipression...I want to be a mother deadlly...help me ...what to do...any medicine...
Has anyone had an FSH higher than 100 and found a way to lower it... I am starting to look into Chinese medicine and accupuncture....but is there anything else ....I have heard about wheat grass pills and damiana pills...............and DHEA??? any comments any help??
ASpanzer
I am a 36 yo, married, and have been trying off and on for 6 years.  I recently have gone to a specialist as my doctor said it is time to take that step.  I went through the Day 3, blood and ultrasound to discover 7 total follicals and FSH Level at 8, didnt seem to bad.  However, I did have very high estrogen levels(180). I went in for Day 5 where the doc took a look in the uterine cavity and ovaries.  It appeared everything looked good and started the Clomid Challenge. I took Clomid day 5-9 and on Day 10 went in for blood work again. My husband had gone in for his check and it was all great! Today I received lab results and and FSH jumped to 18. The nurse states that I need to come in to discuss my options.  I am pretty scared now because I have read nothing but bad things about elevated FSH on Day 10, low pregnancy rate, very low live birth rate, and high genetic problems(downs mostly).

Any advice????
hi, i too had very high fsh-it would jump around to 90s then down to 20s.  I would often skip periods.  I went to an RE for options and what we did was do sonos every week to see if there was a follie to do iui with.  After 10 months and 4 iuis (no medications such as clomid), I finally conceived.  My daughter is 13 months and healthy (in fact she is advanced for her age. She has about a 50 word vocabulary) and is very healthy.  I was 33 when i found out about my high fsh and i gave birth at age 35.  It's possible.
I wish you all the luck in the world.  
I am 44 and told I had a fsh level of 30, doctor told me not a good candidate,, so depressed , is there hope?
Hi..I am new to this group and was wondering if anyone has any advice for me.  I have had irregular cycles since going off the ring. My doctor did a day 3 FSH test  yesterday and it was 24.7. I am 38 and will be 39 next month.  I'm getting married in15 days and am so depressed.  Is there any hope?  I am going to see a fertility Dr. when I get back from my honeymoon. I don't even know where to start or what to ask.....any advice
I am 32 years old.  My husband and I began trying to conceive a baby when I was 28 years old.  My husband has a low sperm count and poor sperm morphology (vericoceal).  I have hypothyroidism and a small passageway through my fallopian tubes.  We were referred to an RE at which time we went through 2 rounds of IVF.  Both times I had great response and they retrieved 20ish eggs each time.  Unfortunately only one began to form an embryo the first time and the 2nd time, we had no embryo's.  Our doctor told us I had poor egg quality and I should look for an egg donor. So, at this point I was approaching 30 years old and found out my sister was now pregnant with her first.  We decided to see if surgery could open my fallopian tubes further and help us.  They could not be opened.  Then we decided to try IUI (against our doctors wishes.  He said there was no way we'd get pregnant)  while we tried to come up with money to try IVF again.  During the 2nd round of IUI I found out that my FSH was 14.  I became very depressed and we decided once that round was over, we would take a break.  Wouldn't you know it I became pregnant.  We now have a 16 month old and were hoping to get pregnant on our own this time.  I just had my FSH tested and it was 10.6 (Day3) and 9 (Day 10).  My doctor told me I probably won't get pregnant, however, she is allowing me to take clomid for the next 6 month's.  I know we have a little more to work with here with my husband's fertility issues, but hearing everyones stories really gives me hope.  It's just the hope I've been needing the past few days.  I feel like my story should give me hope, but when a person wants something so badly and that person sees it come so easily for other people, it just makes that person lose hope.  I think I want this more knowing that "they" tell me it won't happen.
I'm 32 and for the last month have had FSH levels of 18, and 15 respectively.  I am going in for my day 3 sometime next week.  My specialist canceled other testing due to the high levels.  Had only ultrasound and blood work.
Since this is all new to me does any one know what the first treatment options might be? I see my specialist on the 23rd of this month so will know what exactly the problem is - hopefully. I recall the nurse saying i had 4 follicles on the right and 2 on the left when i went in last month. Is that a a good/bad thing to hear?
Hello my name is Gilda. I am a thirty year old female that had regular menstrual all my life. I recently came to learn that I had a elevated FSH of 33.3 of cd3. How I came to find out that this number was elevated was in the month of May I had a normal period. Well, the month of April everything was fine. I had a normal period and ovulated two weeks later. Then the month of May a period and then I did not ovulated. At the time I did not think anything of it. I just assume it was because of all the things that went on that month between buying house, closing, moving the very next day, and having a wedding a week later. The month of June, July  came. I did not have a period, so I went to the gyn and she did blood. At that time my FSH was 37. So she put me on provera to start my period, then come back on cd 3. That is when I had a FSH of 33.3. GYN refered my to the RE. Well, for all you ladies that have been to a RE with high FSH, you already know what they said. This moment my husband and I were not yet playing to have a baby until I finish nursing school, which was in December. I was on a major melt  down when the RE said I had no chance in getting pregnant with my own eggs. I have never felt so horrible in my life until that day. I felt it was the end of the world. I want to be a mother more than anything. We were going to start trying in December, but that plan has change.I fell my doctor does not care. Once again I am on CD45 and no period. So again I was put on provera. That day I did not like what the doctor had to say. I fell that there is still hope. I am currently seeing a TCM trying to get my period back on track. I went this way because I did not have the money for RE. I want to conceive naturally. I need some hope with someone who has an elevated FSH like mine and have got pregnant. I dont want to give up trying to give my hubby his first born child. I feel that they world has let me down. I have cried so many nights. Please help!!!
I am 28 and healthy (or so I thought) and on Wednesday I was given the devastating news that my FSH levels are at 27. The doctor said my chances of conceiving with my own eggs is very low. I'm beyond devastated but I'm feeling much more hopeful after reading these comments. I'm treating this issue aggressively and I've also turned to my Chiropractor for some natural ways to treat it. Does anyone have any advice? My faith is so strong and I know God wouldn't give me a problem I couldn't handle. I refuse to accept that at 28 I will never conceive. I'm desperate and will try anything. For those of you still trying, never give up hope. I met with my Pastor immediately after finding out the results and he told me not to let this define my worth as a wife, mother, etc. I want to share this with all of you because I was feeling so guilty about the possibility of not being able to provide my husband with a biological child...But I WILL NOT let this define my worth. God is GOOD!
I also have been told that my chances of having a baby is less than 10%. My FSH is 40 but keeps changing. I don't know what to do and am lost.
I'm 38 y/o with an FSH level of 31.3 (menopausal ref range 25-134 with this particular lab) as of 12/2010.  However, in April 2010 my level was 10.  I don't understand how this (pre-mature menopause) could happen so rapidly.  That is the diagnois that my OB/GYN gave me.  She told me "there is nothing more I can do for you."  I have an appt with a reproductive specialist, and my endocrinologist (I have diabetes) is going to take a look over my labs.  I, too, refuse to accept this diagnosis "without a fight".  I have never had a baby, never been pregnant.  However, this was the year that my husband and I planned to get pregnant.  As a matter of fact, when I went for that OB/GYN appt in December, I was expecting a positive pregnancy result.  Menopause was the furthest thing from my mind, especially since everything was "normal" just 8 months earlier.  Anyway, I am feeling a bit less devastated than I felt last week.  I ordered the book "Inconceivable" via kindle, started reading it last night.  I am feeling somewhat more hopeful.  Any advice, suggestions, support would be greatly appreciated.
Hi all
read all your comments, just found out i have a fsh of 46. am 37 but6 i dont know what an RE or IUI is?
Am 37 and just told that my FSH is 25+, and that I am not a candidate for IVF.  Devastation isn't even strong enough to describe how I feel.  Told me my chances for pregnancy are less than 5 percent.  Said I should continue with IUI/injections of gonal F and menopur until I am ready to stop.  He said that although I am not a candidate for IVF it takes only one good egg to meet up at the right time.  I am upset, but relieved my doctor hasn't given up on me yet.  
Well..get this.  My FSH is 12.2 and I am 34 y/o.  When I called for my results the nurse told me all my labs came back fine.  I asked for the MD to call me back to discuss, as I am a nurse as well, and would be more comfortable hearing this from the MD.  In the meantime had the nurse fax me my lab resuts.  When I saw the 12.2 I almost vomitted.  Why would they say that is FINE.  MD called me, and I questioned the 12.2 and he said that was fine, and anything under 15 is ok.  He Rx'd Clomid.  My other labs were, E2 32, prolactin 4.6 and TSH 4.5.  Well I took my case to an RE that told me IVF is my only real option, but first to get my thryroid situation under control.  My ob/gyn was handing me clomid!!!  Doctors don't know everything!!!  Glad I did my homework and hopefully soon I will be pregnant.  BTW had a 23 month girl conceived naturally!
I think your RE was off base in telling you that your only option is IVF.  Your RE might have been trying to pressure you to go with IVF right away.  When I was 39, my fiance and I visited my OB/GYN just to see whether we should go straight to IVF given my age.  My FSH was 12.4.  She told me I might as well try on my own, and so we did and got pregnant right away with my daughter who is now 2 years old.  I also conceived naturally on the first time trying AFTER my daughter was born when I was 40 years old.  By that time my FSH was 15!!  I miscarried but that was due to a chromosomal abnormality.  So, anyway, you can get pregnant with high FSH even without IVF.  I would be skeptical of any RE who said my ONLY option was IVF!  It only takes one good egg.  Plus, age is more important than FSH and at 34 years old, I think you stand a good chance of getting pregnant with chlomid, IVF, or naturally.  Good luck.

To the women still looking for hope, please do not give up hope.
     Here is my story.  I to had a normal menstrual all my life, but my menstrual stopped completed in April2010. I brushed it off thinking it was related to my stress that of moment of time. Did not think any of it since I had a menstrual in May2010. Well I knew something was not right, June came and no menstrual and ovulation. Once again in July. That is when I decided to make a trip to the GYN. GYN put me on progesterone. I had a menstrual in August and blood work done one CD3. Well the blood work came back with bad news.
            I had a FSH of 33.3, GYN was not liking the number. At the time my husband and I were not trying to conceive. She referred me to RE.
            The RE automatically wrote me off with POF without doing more blood work to find the root cause. The blatantly said, "I will not able to have children or a candidate of IVF".  She kept putting me on progesterone to do more blood work to get another FSH. She was not trying other alternative. Months went by and she continue not to anything. I was not willing to accept the answer she gave. I was not willing to accept that I was not able to give my husband his first born child.
            That day I spent hours on the internet seeking answers. Other treatments that can help. I found myself a acupuncturist that dealt with women with these problems. I also seek another opinion of a RE. I went to the acupuncturist once a week.
         I found a RE that was willing to think outside the box. He also did not write me off as fall patient. He took on my case knowing that my FSH was high. He did not dx me with POF. He ran every blood test known in man kind. He tried every possible med out there to rule out everything. He also was trying to get a menstrual started to get update FSH. He finally put me on estrodial for 3wks and then progesterone for 7days, but I did not need the progesterone. I was able to start my menstrual on own.
          Well the good news was my levels were completely normal as of Feb 2011
          FSH 4.9
          LH  5.4
          Estrodial 87.4
        So for those women who were told that they were in menopause at age 30 to never give up hope. It is possible to have normal levels. Do not take the word of the doctor. Do whatever it takes to prove them wrong. Since my levels were normal this month. Doc told me to start TTC. So this is the first time since dx that I will be trying to conceive. The doc says that they are the levels to conceive poss normal.
        So with the little help of a caring doctor, acupuncture, taking all the stress out of your life, and changing lifestyle. You to can still find hope. Do whatever it takes to stay calm, stay positive,  and do not give up hope. I know I was once there in bed crying thinking it was the end of the world when told I can never have children, to experience that first kick inside you. Please, please never accept what anyone tells you. Cause I was told my levels will never be low enough to conceive, that there is not ways to get your FSH down. Keep god in your heart and stay strong. I hope I can give you ladies some goods new in the next fews months about a bun in over. So it can prove to doctors that a women with a FSH of 33.3 can still get that number lower and conceive.
The labs were done on CD3
Estradiol
Follicular phase: 20-150 pg/ml
Midcycle phase: 100-500 pg/ml
Luteal phase: 60-260 pg/ml

FSH
Follicular phase: 4-30 mU/ml
Midcycle phase: 10-90 mU/ml
Luteal phase: 4-30 mU/ml

LH
Follicular phase: 5-30 mIU/ml
Midcycle phase: 50-150 mIU/ml
Luteal phase: 2-25 mIU/ml
May I ask, How old are you?  I do not think FSH is as important as age. High FSH and low age is OK, low FSH and high age can be OK..but old age and high FSH is the hardest (but can still be OK!).
I am at the point where the crying wont stop.  Just got cd3 results for FSH 24.  Im 42, always have had regular cycle, one or twice a year I have a a strange situation where i get menses 2 weeks after, and then six weeks after regular period.   I am not in a relationship with a man that I want to raise a child with, so went to ob/gyn to begin consultation around AI.  Now I am heartbroken.   I know not to give up, but its so painful to think.  I can barely wait to speak to obgyn.  Am wondering if medications, illness (had fever yesterday (day of test), or cortisone shot could be a factor in high fsh.  I know its wishful thinking.  Im so afraid that this will stop them from considering me a candidate for AI.  Am ordering inconceivable.  Any suggestions for right now, given that Im going to request a second fsh next month?

Also, thanks for all the inspiring stories.  Im not sure, but Im going to have to consider getting pregnant naturally by someone Im not that interested in sharing a life with.
You are wise to consult with an OB, and I would probably see an RE.  The reality is that is high, and although many have used natural methods to lower their FSH, there is nothing truly proven to work.  I can tell you that we have had women on here with high FSH that have conceived, so it does happen, it's just that in all honesty the odds are against you right now.

If you are truly serious about having a child, if this were me, I would be looking into donor eggs.  I am also 42 and hoping for a second child, and will be exploring this option with my RE on the 11th of this month.

The reality is that in this day and age, anyone can become a mom.  It just depends on how far you are willing to go and if you are open to other options.

I wish you success in whatever you choose!
I am 38 and have a FSH level of 51.  My doctor told me that I cannot get pregnant with my own eggs and refered me to a Fertility doctor, I dont have money to do IVF, what should I do?  I am so depressed and I don't know what to do.
Well, it's best to see what the Fertility Dr. says, but to the best of my knowledge, IVF with donor eggs is your best option.  I know, it's pricey.  Perhaps there are financing options or something for you?  High FSH is due to a low ovarian reserve for the most part.  So, unfortunately there isn't much to be done as there is no way to manufacture more eggs.  Doesn't seem fair does it.  Men keep regenerating sperm, wish we could do the same.  See what your Dr. says and I wish you well.
Thank you for your post about the FSH levels. It is very encouraging. I have been crying evey day for a week since I was on my first IVF cycle with a 13.5 FSH. I was taking Gonal F and Menopur and my body did not respond to it all. Only one very small follicle after 10 days and estrogen levels low at 60 on day 8 and 77 on day 10. I felt as though my RE had wriiten me off and immediately said we need to do egg donor. I am 37 and had two normal pregnancies 7 and 9 years ago. I am trying accupuncture next week and have an appointment with another local RE to get a second opinion.
Could yo tell me what an RE is? Thank you.
hi there,
could you tell me what an RE is? Thank you.
I just found out that I have a FSH OF 12, I have not told my husband yet, and I am very upset. I have a good doctor and will be taking more test at the end of the month. But I wanted to thank you for your comments and encouragement posted in response to another member. I am not going to give up!
My FsH levels were 17 then 15 at age 42. Told highly unlikely that I would conceive. At the ripe age of 46 i am sat here with a 2 year 9 month child on my knee who was conceived following acupuncture so NEVER give up hope
Just was told I could try but the chances are low. FSH 20. AMH 0.19. I'm going to be 40 in Nov yet my body is acting like 48. I got my clomid/ovidrel script but I just don't know if this is a sign we should quit while we are ahead. Financially we are doing just 'ok' with one. With two, we wonder if we are financially doing the right thing. My car just took a crap so one more stressor today.

Don't know what to do. I went from "well we're just do donor eggs" to "what's the point" in a matter of a day. Maybe it's just today that I feel aloof, depressed, indifferent, hopeless. Maybe I do need one more month to think about all of this.
Hi, I was trying for less than a year in 2008-2009, then diagnosed with FSH 12.8, did 3 cycles IVF - 450mgs menopur, pregnant on 3rd cycle, have a fabulous 14 month old baby boy now and dying to go again, started on agnus castus herb to regulate hormones, takes 3 months it seems but will try a few things until we can afford IVF again. 1st cycle my egg qulaity wasn't as good and the 2 nd cycle we changed the drug regime and I didn't respond at all but the 3rd went swimmingly, so go for it if you can I say. also the doc said I had no chance of conceiving naturally so I think I am out to prove him wrong this time - the eternal optimist!!!
I'm 38 years old with a FSH of 15 and an AMH of .16. I was in tears after speaking to my RE. I was told donor egg was my only option with DOR.  I took matters into my own hands especially after seeing how much IVF via donor egg costs. I searched the internet on ways to improve AMH. I'm not bothered by FSH because it changes. AMH is the newest test that's supposed to be more accurate. Anyway, I read about several vitamin supplements and changes to my eating habits, and wheatgrass juice can improve fertility. I'm taking Royal Jelly, DHEA, COQ10, no dairy, no wheat, no sugar, drinking 2 oz of wheatgrass juice daily, and I started seeing an acupuncturist recommended from The Fertile Soul website. This is a retreat, and book written by Dr. Randine Lewis, also author of The Infertilty Cure. This woman had a FSH of 42 at the age of 42 and conceived naturally using traditional chinese medicine, herbs, and acupuncture. There are a lot of RE's out here who want that $ for IVF so they aren't open to other means to improve your body. They just want to get you a baby, so they can get paid. The Fertilie Soul goes into details and explains how there is no such thing as an infertile woman. Seeing this acupuncturist has lifted my spirits, relaxed me, and given me hope. She has a client who is 44 years old 11 weeks pregnant with a FSH of 100 whom she was able to help. I'm staying positive about my own journey!
I'm 14 weeks pregnant at age 43 with an FSH of 13.5.  So far so good!
At age 43 and getting married last year after being a widow a few years, I want my fist baby with my new husband. Nothing has happened so I went to a fertility clinic and was told my FSH is 20. I see people on here with FSH all over the place. I was told after having one round of IUI my best option is a donor egg. At this late stage I am panicking and thinking to go ahead and do that, but am scared I will always feel the baby is not really mine...but it would be my husbands, whom I love with all my heart. I really do want my own child but am afraid doing the Chinese meds and acupuncture may take time and my clock may stop any time. Also what do the terms DE and ART stand for that I have seen a couple of times on here.
I have nothing but rave reviews about chinese  medicine and acupuncture. I refused to believe donor eggs was my only option. My AMH is .16, my FSH is 15.9.  I'm happy to say I'm pregnant naturally. I'm still in disbelief and we aren't telling family until I'm out of my first trimester. I really believe that when I improved my body, and mind though acupuncture, it helped tremendously. I've read that most the fertility treatments RE's do, don't improve egg quality, they just make you produce more. I took my fate into my own hands by not accepting a diagnoses of DOR. I figured what's the point in producing a lot of bad eggs when I can improve my health and create a great quality egg every 90 days. (That's how long it takes for us to make good eggs)
I cannot thank you all enough for your posts. Thanks to all your comments I now see that I don't have to resign myself to what my doctor told me. I can take control of the situation and at least try to make things better.

I'm 37 and my husband and I have been trying for 1.5 years with no joy.
He's 35 and was diagnosed with poor sperm morphology earlier this year.
I got my FSH levels on Monday: 15! I really didn't see this coming! See I work out regularly, have regular periods, eat healthy and I don't smoke or drink coffee. I have a healthy lifestyle and I look a lot younger than people my age. And yet my ovaries were telling a different story!!!!

According to our doctor we might not be favorable candidates for IVF due to the high FSH and my age, and that we should seriously consider egg donors.

So now while we are waiting for our hospital appointment with the IVF specialists, I have ordered the books recommended from amazon as well as looking for acupuncturists in my region.

Thank you so much for sharing your stories and making me realize that even though the doctors have given up hope, it doesn't mean that I have to!
I want to thank you all for your inspirational stories.  I'm 38 years old.  My FSH was 10.4 cd2 in March, 16.5 cd2 in September then went down to 11.4 cd8 that same month, and now the latest 17.5 cd2 in November.  My fertility doctor started off by giving me false hope of how he was going to help me at 10.4 then flat out told me at my next visit when I tested 16.5 that I have POF and referred me to another Fertility Clinic for IVF.  He requested one last FSH, which I waited a couple of months to take, that came back 17.5 and he left a message for the nurse to call me and tell me that IVF will not work on me and that I will need a donor egg.  I'm waiting for the results of my AMH test and wondering if I even want to know.  I had a chemical pregnancy in October, which was devastating emotionally, then the roller coaster of irregular cycles and symptoms the last few months.  I have two very close family members that are pregnant right now and my best friend just had an abortion, so it's nice to be able to read your posts and feel like someone understands.  I read something recently about making a lifestyle change and going on a fertility diet.  The doctor said if you were pregnant wouldn't you do everything possible to ensure your baby's health and well-being?  Well, you are preparing a home for your baby so why wouldn't you do whatever possible to prepare your body for pregnancy.  That really touched me because there's nothing I want more than a baby.  So...  I have been taking DHEA, prenatals, and other supplementation, and currently have gone on a fertility diet, eliminating caffeine, alcohol, sugar, wheat, dairy, non-organic meat, processed foods, and cold foods.  I drink grapefruit juice before O and green tea daily, and drink fresh wheatgrass whenever possible.  I also started acupuncture this week and will start on the herbs after Christmas when I can afford it.  I have also started exercising and I just bought some progesterone cream as I have had positive OPK's for the last 36 hours.  I am going to buy the Inconceivable book this weekend.  Thank you for all of your support.  I'm not giving up no matter what the doctors say.  My prayers are with all of you for a BFP!
I was reading your omment.  May I ask what is a RE and who was your doctor that helped you to conceive.

Thanks Jackie
Could you please tell me what kind of Chinese medicine did you try? Mushrooms?
What kind of Chinese medicine did you try? Mushrooms?
Hi, I had FSH of 16 and got pregnant in 2010. I mc at 9 weeks, now i think because of it. The pr.l did not go up. Probably poor quality egg. Have been trying since, nothing is happening...
Hi Vicki, don't be discouraged! I had mc too, hard time for me and my husband. Today, I went to new fertility doctor to start all over. I am 37 and my husband 39, we want just one child, preying every day for it. Hopefully this year it will happen for you and for me...
It's 3 months later and I've been going for acupuncture regularly as well as having wheat grass supplements. We've still not been able to conceive but my FSH dropped from 15 to 8!!!! The hospital says they will treat us as my numbers have gone down which is great news as it's very expensive to go private. I'm still hoping to conceive naturally but I'm grateful that IVF is an option too.

These 3 months have been tough as I found out that both my sister-in-law and a work colleague are pregnant and now that they are showing it's hard to ignore. I'm happy for them but it just makes me feel more inadequate and impatient.

Not sure if anyone reads this forum anymore but I just needed a safe place to vent.

Wishing you all much happiness :)
have you had any luck on your ttc journey?
I have exactly the same issues as you.
Just wondering if you were successful.
I am 25 and my fsh is 143 , just today my gp told me that and i'm gutted only crying all time dont Know What to do, he told me that he will send me to specialist but dont want to give me hope,  Have problem with irregural period over a year and just now he send me for test, do you think i Could get pregnant if he would send and Find It sooner
I'm 39 with high FHS, we went to see Dr in Feb for freezing eggs. My 3rd Day FHS in Feb was 10.3, he said it will be very hard to get pregnant. He gave me Diane 35 for 39 day and today 2nd Day FHS is 17.1, Ultrasound shown no follicle at all. I'm not qualify for IVF.
I have a lovely and healthy girl, 3 years and 5 months now, my second child a boy pass away over a year, my third pregnant was still born (after amniocentesis) last May, my 4st pregnant was miscarriage last October. I can't sleep and eat properly for over a year. We want another child ( children) so we tried to conceive but no luck. I decided to see the Dr as soon as I came to my country, Thailand.
The test result today make me feel liket this is the end of everything until I read your stories.
Thank you all of you and I will try again, for the one who has problem I wish you all the best and please don't give up hope.
PS sorry for my English.
Hi Zoe

I went through you experienced about high FSH , age factor and getting pregnent. Sister, I am also 43 and going through high FSH, 17.5  for  20 mlu.
Doctor is suggesting to go for egg donor as my eggs cannot be able to give good result. I am little worried. Please can you explain what is Accupuncture , and herbs. I am interested to follow the same procedure what you did.I am staying in India
So let me know about your child. Please reply soon to my husbands email id.
***@**** as early as possible. Good Day.
Hi, everyone,
I have just learned that I have FSH of 27, I am 35. I am soooo devastated, I am hapily married and ttc for 2 years. The only option I was given by expensive IVF clinics is egg donor- something I am not familiar with at all. I have asked my doctor to put me on a clomid  test( just so I try something((((), I have just finished the first cycle, going for ultrasound, but I do not think it worked... My doctor would not even prescribe me for the second cycle... I am confused and devastated- should consider to take a very expensive loan for egg donor IVF? Should I try weatgrass maybe? Any advice, please!
I'm a 44yo and I just found out my fsh level is 23. A year and a half ago it was 11 and my doc was optimistic...so was I.  Unfortunately with my BF in the military and us not seeing each other often I thought our timing was just off but now I'm worried that we wont conceive because I wasn't aggressive at level 11.  I'm really upset about the news today and feel like its the end of the road.  We really want our own bio baby but I worry there's nothing we can do.  It really suck cause I found the love of my life so late in the game and now I feel like we wont be able to share in the joy of creating a life.  All the stories are encouraging.  I just pray that one day I can reply to this with good news.
I am to in a situation like yours...just a little older though and I too need to find options.  I'm so scared that we wont be able to afford IVF or donor eggs if it doesnt happen naturally.  let me know if you find out any alternatives and I will do the same.  Im waiting to hear back from my doc.  I'm hoping she will have some encouraging alternatives.

I am 46 years old suffer from this hormone fsh and reached to 105 and I felt thehot flashes and night sweats and the absence of menstruation for more than three months and the doctor said to me impossible to come down Hrmonak andthe cycle come again until I got to know one of the sisters from one of the Forums Arabic has experience in alternative medicine by , i email her and gave  me mixture of herbs and some of the names for vitamins and method of use
Used the mixture of these herbs only  15 days to hormonal 44 and a week later I got a normal period

My FSH has come back at 13.2. I am 39 and de I have had 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months. We already had decided if i dont get pregnant naturally then we will give up with the knowledge that at least we tried and it wasnt meant to be.  My acupunturist says although 13.2 is high its not abnormally so and i am still far away from Menopause. I will continue the way i am going until i reach 40 then stop. I never realised the volume of couples who are affected by infertility. Its an awful place to be and can literally take over your life.
Its pretty heart wrenching reading some of the stories on here and also heart lifting to read the success stories.
goodluck to you all xxx
hello,

Which clinic did you go to and what doctor did see?
I have a high fsh of 9.12 my RE was talking about donor egg and said there is no Medicine to help. After I have re search found the DHEA helps.
Please let me know what Medicine will help to take before ovluation to have a good qaulity eggs and to do an IUI or IVF?

hI happenss.
Do you mind sharing that lady's email or the type of herbs she recommende.
Am 46yrs old trying to conceive but have high fsh at 25.5 cycle day 3 and my E 2 was less than 5pg! Doc has just put me on clomiphene citrate 50mg for five days then take another test to check responsiveness to drug.
Hi ZOE2B
THANK you ...thank you for such words of incouragement. I am 42 been thru 2 disappointing fertility treatments no pregnancies. I been so depress for a while. I given up on having a baby of my own. But today you gave me hope" I lost. can you please provide me with what natural treatment you did? Thank you.

***@****
I'm 36 and my levels were in the 30s. I was told I was well on my way to menopause and that my chances were less than 5%. I was told my only options were adoption or use an egg donor. This was 6 months ago.......last week I found out that I'm 8 weeks pregnant.  Less that 5% is not 0! It ain't over till the pregnant lady sings!
Hi, i am 37 and was tested to have fsh of over 20. Tested 2 times and it was the same results. Was told by insensitive doctor to get egg donor else there's no way to conceive and no hope also even if i try IVF. However i refused to believe him. Went to another doctor who was much more positive and pro-natural and when tested was still on the high side of about 7ish but doctor told me it is alright. True enough, i conceived naturally this Jan. I feel sometimes its all in the mind! Do not worry about fsh levels. i believe being happy and thinking positively can enhance one's health and even turn back the clock! Of course praying and believing in God helps a lot too! So get positive and do not believe that FSH levels is a true indicator at all for pregnancy to happen. Cos I conceived at a time when I was feeling least stressed up with work and most happy with life. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you too! Be happy and live life enthusiastically! Make love with passion too and the miracle will come. :)
HI, I too am 39 and found out today that my fsh is 13, it was the first appointment with the fertility clinic and found it a bit emotional. My partner is ok with sperm count etc.. so I guess this lies with me.  It is reassuring to hear the stories of others and feel alot better now that I know that I am not alone.  I guess we have to strike a balance between doing things to increase our chances while not causing it to take over our lives causing stress which lessons the chances of conceiving... kia kaha
I was 41 when I had my FSH tested....it was also 13.   I got pregnant twice at 42 and both ended in m/c...however.....the GOOD news is....at 43, I got pg on my own with my own eggs and have a beautiful healthy little boy.   Don't worry too much about your numbers...who knows how high mine were 2 years later when I got pg, but whatever they were, we found a good egg.   Now with that being said....I've tried twice since then and had a m/c each time.    Our eggs age and nothing will turn back the clock to make them healthier, however....using medications to bring more eggs up each cycle may help to increase your chances, you just have to find that one good egg and the more you bring up each cycle...the better your odds.  I took femara and Gonal-F and produced about 3 - 5 follies each cycle.   I havent' used anything for the 2 recent m/c's I had because those pregnancies were unexpected.   We haven't really been trying since we had our now 16 month old son.   Good luck to you, I'm hoping you find your good egg :)
From what I have read, FSH levels can change through out the month.  It depends on when your brain is telling your body to put out the hormone.  Had mine checked for different reasons.  Was in the single digits a year ago, battled breast cancer at 39, And chemo made my periods come to a screeching haunt.  Completed chemo, rad and now on tamoxifen.  Started bleeding like someone opened the flood gates last Friday and haven't stopped!!!!  My FSH level last checked 2 weeks ago was 21.  My gyno, who I am convinced is an angel, says that is slightly elevated but not close enough to be menopause.  I thank the Lord for the hot flashes stopping finally.  I live in south Texas and I love the heat.  Just hate the 15 rude awakings I would have every night with the sudden feeling on a blow torch being ran down my body!  2 words, if any of you are peri menopausal - bamboo sheets!!!!

Don't lose hope yet ladies !  And please , please, please - if and when you become pregnant, enjoy every minute of it!!!!  I did, and I miss it.  We were considering another child when my world was turned upside down!!!  And now I am afraid to try, for all the damage all the treatment may have done to my body.   So embrace your health, and for heavens sake- if you find a true lump, get it out !!!  Make sure you know your body and your breasts!  Check them throughout the month, we all know how much they change all month long.  I found mine while lying down.  Near 7 o'clock on the right breast .  I am larger breasted and was in great shape.  I would have never felt it while standing up, as it was in the "meatier", heavier part of my breast.  Not up top
Forgot to add - I stress "get the lump out " because mine was reported as benign after a very invasive core biopsy.  I followed my instinct, as I always have, and they called me two days later, stunned to report they found cancer in it!!  Mammogram missed it 2 months earlier, biopsy stated benign and it was cancer!!!!  My instinct saved my life!  Trust your woman's intuition!  It's never wrong.

If you aren't getting the support and answers you need and want, find another doctor!!!!  Its your life and your happiness that matters.  Get aggressive and take your own health back into your own hands.  Find someone willing, and more importantly, just as passionate as you are, about fulfilling your dream of having a baby!
Just so you know you gave me much hope. I always had normal cycles until my mom had brain cancer last Sept., then my periods became irregular. June of this year I had a hormonal panel done as well as an ultrasound to make sure it was not due to early menopause because my husband and I had decided to have a tubal reversal this July. My family physician said all was normal on two different occasions. Well I scheduled a gyno appt and just got back to find out that my hormonal panel results were not normal and my FSH level was 28. I just turned 38 this July  and this really devastates me. My gyno has put me on provera and plans on scheduling a three day as soon as I start my cycle. No one in my family has had early menopause so I am so very confused about what is going on. I paid out of pocket for the tubal reversal and had high hopes to find this out :(
I am having the same issue ..my level was 28 and the doctor who took those labs said the results were normal. Mind you this is prior to a tubal reversal i had this last July. My gyno just told me what the results were and asked if my family doctor told me the results. She put me on provera to stimulate my period and suggested doing a  new fsh level test. So disappointing is all I can say. I am 38 and have always been healthy and pretty much normal. No history of early menopause in my family either.
I am having the same issue. My family doc ran a hormonal blood work and said all the results were normal. I had this because my periods became irregular and I though it was due to stress since my mother had terminal brain cancer. I just turned 38 and had a tubal reversal in hopes of conceiving. Today I left the gyno dissapointed after she asked of the family doctor had given me my results ( of course he said normal). She said my fsh was abnormal and it was 28. I am scared that now I will not be able to conceive. She prescribed a 7 day of provera to start my period and then she plans to re check my fsh levels
I visited a holistic counselor a couple of months ago and she suggested using progesterone cream and wow my cycles have started and I feel like my old self again. I am waiting new fsh level results and hopefully this will work and I will be pregnant soon. I met another woman in the area and she said her sister-in-law is a midwife and suggested the same and she now has two babies :) Hope this helps!
Thanks for your feedback. My FSH levels are 12.3 and there's something abnormal with my ovaries. I cannot afford IVF or IUI treatments, so I'm going to be stronger than my brain. This stuff stresses you out. I will order the book and keep you posted.
I just finished Day 3 and day 10 of Clomid Challenge Test and was told my FSH is much too high...  I am 34 yrs old and have been married almost 12 years.  I lost our first baby in Sept 2004, then another one in March of 2009.  I have been unable to conceive again.  I was told back in 2006 that I was in premature "ovarian Failure".   I also have endometriosis and was diagnosed with PCOS.  It has been a hard long road...  After reading your post, I am curious as to the meds you mentioned and your success with them.  Would you mind going into more detail about what you did?  I had figured that after what the dr. told me yesterday, that my chances of ever successfully conceiving and having a baby are quite impossible now, but your post gives me some hope.  btw, back when all this started, I was referred to a reproductive endocrinologist who matter-of-factly told me (over the phone) that my chances of ever having a baby are 1 in a million :(  I was also informed my eggs are like those of a 70 year old (though no invasive procedures of any kind were ever done).  Way to give a gal hope... hunh?!
I just turned 28 and have been wondering the same thing. Five years ago my FSH level was 154, and I just had my levels rechecked it is at 133. I have been on Estrogen patches and Prometrium so far and all I have been told is that the odds of me getting pregnant might be around 10%. I haven't had a period for over a year, and I am thinking of trying the acupuncture and Chinese herbal remedies also. I am already taking wheat grass on occasion, so hopefully something gives. Good luck to you, I hope things have worked out.
Just to give hope to anyone with high FSH - mine came up to 14.7 and I fell pregnant second time round.  I used a sperm donor as I'm single and now only have 4 weeks to go:).  I was 36 too which would have made it that extra difficult.  Cheer up!!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers